01-07 April Weekly Current Affairs MCQs – 01-07 April all Important Current Affairs Questions and Answers with detailed explanation – Important weekly current affairs question with Solution – Weekly current affairs important questions pdf download – Important weekly MCQs with the solution for all types of Competitive exams – Important weekly quiz 2023 – Important weekly current affairs 2023 pdf – Weekly Current affairs explained questions for all types of Competitive exams – 01 April to 07 April All Important current affairs – 01 April to 07 April Important questions and answers – All Important Weekly current affairs questions for all government exams 2023
Have You Downloaded Our App?
Get Courses & Test-series at Affordable Prices
01-07 April Weekly Current Affairs MCQs in English
In this post, we are providing students with 01-07 April Important Current Affairs MCQs questions and answers for UPSC, SSC, Railway, and Banking exams.
|Weekly Current Affairs 2023||Current Affairs Tests||Awards & Honours 2022|
|Sports Current Affairs 2022||2023 Gov Exams Updates||Gov Exams Syllabus|
Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. – O G Mandino
Weekly Important Question – 1
IMF has approved an aid package of $15.6 billion for which country?
c) Sri Lanka
Weekly Important Answers – 1
The correct answer is Option B – Ukraine
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has approved a $15.6 billion aid package for Ukraine to aid the country’s economic recovery.
- The loan is part of a wider international support package of $115 billion to help the country meet its immediate financial needs.
- Ukraine is a country in Eastern Europe.
- It is the second largest European country after Russia.
- Kyiv is the capital and largest city in the country.
- Volodymyr Zelensky is the President of Ukraine and its Prime Minister is Denis Schmihal.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is a principal financial agency of the United Nations and an international financial institution.
- Its headquarters is in Washington, D.C. in which 190 countries are involved.
- It was formed in 1944 and it started on 27 December 1945.
- Kristalina Georgieva is the current Managing Director of the IMF.
- Geeta Gopinath is the First Deputy Managing Director.
Weekly Important Question – 2
Which of these country’s team failed to qualify directly for the ICC ODI Cricket World Cup 2023?
a) Sri Lanka
Weekly Important Answers – 2
The correct answer is Option A – Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka failed to qualify directly for the ICC ODI Cricket World Cup 2023 after their defeat against New Zealand on 31 March 2023.
- With the series loss, Sri Lanka was eliminated from the top eight of the ICC Super League in which the top eight teams gained direct qualification for the World Cup.
- Sri Lanka will now have to play in the ICC World Cup qualifiers to be held in Zimbabwe in June-July.
- The ICC ODI World Cup, hosted by India, will begin on October 5 this year.
- The teams that have qualified for the tournament are New Zealand, Australia, India, England, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, and the West Indies.
Weekly Important Question – 3
RBI Foundation Day was observed on which day?
a) 31 March
b) 1 April
c) 5 April
d) 15 April
Weekly Important Answers – 3
The correct answer is Option B – 1 April
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) was established on 1 April 1935 to respond to the economic crises following World War I.
- It is the central Bank of India and the regulatory body responsible for regulating the Indian banking system.
- RBI was nationalized on 1 January 1949 and Shaktikanta Das is its current governor.
- Odisha Day or Utkal Divas is also celebrating its 88th foundation day of the state of Odisha on April 1, 1936.
- UP Chief Minister Adityanath launched the “School Chalo Abhiyan 2023” on 1 April.
Weekly Important Question – 4
Where was the 4th Defense Cooperation meeting between India and the Philippines held on 31st March?
c) New Delhi
Weekly Important Answers – 4
The correct answer is Option C – New Delhi
- The 4th Defense Cooperation meeting between India and the Philippines was held on March 31, 2023, in New Delhi.
- Both countries agreed to initiate measures to enhance cooperation in the defense industry and technology sector.
- The Philippines is an archipelagic country in Southeast Asia.
- Manila is the capital of the country and its currency is the peso.
- Bongbong Marcos is the President of the Philippines.
Weekly Important Question – 5
Rudrendra Tandon has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to which country?
Weekly Important Answers – 5
The correct answer is Option A – Greece
- Rudrendra Tandon was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Greece on 31 March 2023.
- He is currently serving as an Additional Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Rudrendra Tandon took charge as India’s Ambassador to Afghanistan in September 2020.
- He also served as the Ambassador of India to the ASEAN Secretariat in 2018.
- Greece is a country in Southeast Europe.
- Greece is considered the cradle of Western civilization.
- Athens is the capital and largest city in the country.
- Katerina Sakellaropoulou is the President of Greece and Kyriakos Mitsotakis is the Prime Minister.
Weekly Important Question – 6
Which state police has been awarded the first rank in the implementation of Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS)?
a) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
Weekly Important Answers – 6
The correct answer is Option C – Haryana
- Haryana Police has been ranked first among all state police in the implementation of the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS).
- The award was given for consistently maintaining the first position on the progress dashboard on more than 20 parameters throughout the year.
- Haryana secured the first position with 99.99 marks, Uttar Pradesh second with 98.69 and 95.43 marks respectively, and Delhi third.
- The award was received at the Annual CCTNS Conference on Good Practices in Inter-Operable Criminal Justice System (ICJS) organized by the National Crime Records Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs in New Delhi.
Weekly Important Question – 7
Who has been appointed the Executive Director by the Reserve Bank of India?
a) Deepak Kumar
b) Niraj Nigam
c) Shaktikanta Das
d) Ajay Kumar Choudhary
Weekly Important Answers – 7
The correct answer is Option B – Niraj Nigam
- Niraj Nigam has been appointed as Executive Director by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- He will be responsible for overseeing several portfolios including Consumer Education and Protection, Financial Inclusion and Development, Legal, and Secretary.
- Before his promotion to the ED, Nigam served as the head of the Bhopal regional office of the RBI.
- RBI is India’s central bank and regulatory body responsible for regulating the Indian banking system.
- It started its operations on 1 April 1935 as per the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- It was nationalized in 1949.
- Sir Osborne Smith is the first Governor of RBI.
- CD. Deshmukh is the first Indian Governor of RBI.
- The current governor of RBI is Shaktikanta Das.
Weekly Important Question – 8
PM Modi inaugurated the Diamond Jubilee celebrations of which agency of India in New Delhi?
a) Central Bureau of Investigation
b) Crime Investigation Department
c) National Security Guard
d) Research and Analysis Wing
Weekly Important Answers – 8
The correct answer is Option A – Central Bureau of Investigation
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a postage stamp and commemorative coin marking the Diamond Jubilee Celebration year of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
- PM Modi also inaugurated newly constructed CBI offices in Shillong, Pune, and Nagpur.
- He also launched the Twitter handle CBI.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation was established on 1 April 1963 by a resolution of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is the premier investigative agency of India.
- It works under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances, and Pensions.
- Subodh Kumar Jaiswal is the present Director General of CBI.
Weekly Important Question – 9
Who won the Australian Grand Prix 2023?
a) Max Verstappen
b) Lewis Hamilton
c) Sergio Perez
d) Sebastian Vettel
Weekly Important Answers – 9
The correct answer is Option A – Max Verstappen
- Dutch racing driver Max Verstappen won the Australian Grand Prix 2023 by defeating Lewis Hamilton on 3rd April 2023.
- It was his 80th podium finish in F1, moving him into seventh place on the list with Senna.
- The win was Verstappen’s first victory in Melbourne and Red Bull’s first at the Australian Prix since Sebastian Vettel’s 2011 victory.
Weekly Important Question – 10
Salim Durani, who passed away on 2 April 2023 at the age of 88, was related to which sport?
Weekly Important Answers – 10
The correct answer is Option C – Cricket
- Salim Durrani of the Indian cricket team passed away at the age of 88 on 2 April 2023 at the age of 88.
- He was instrumental in defeating England 2-0 in the historic five-match Test series in 1961.
- He played 29 Test matches for Team India and scored 1,202 runs at an average of 25.04.
- Former Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court Thottathil B. Radhakrishnan passed away at the age of 63 on 3rd April 2023.
- On 4th April 2023, Heklina, the famous San Francisco drag performer passed away in London.
- Noted short story writer and novelist Sarah Thomas passed away on 1 April 2023.
Join Telegram Channel
All Free Downloads & Updates
Weekly Important Question – 11
What is the name of the Indian-origin person who has been appointed to lead NASA’s new Moon-to-Mars mission?
a) Arun Subramaniam
b) Richard Verma
c) Amit Kshatriya
d) Raju Rastogi
Weekly Important Answers – 11
The correct answer is Option C – Amit Kshatriya
- Indian-American software and robotics engineer, Amit Kshatriya has been appointed as the first head of the Moon to Mars program of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- It aims to carry out the agency’s human exploration activities on the Moon and Mars for the benefit of humanity.
- He has previously served as the director of the Space Launch System, Orion.
- In March 2023, another Indian-American Richard Verma was appointed by the US Senate as Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources.
- NASA and the Canadian Space Agency announced on 4 April 2023 the 4 astronauts who will venture around the Moon on Artemis II.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is an independent agency of the US federal government responsible for the civilian space program, aeronautics research, and space research.
- NASA was established on 29 July 1958 and its current administrator is Bill Nelson.
Weekly Important Question – 12
Who was appointed as the new Vice Chief of the Indian Navy on 1 April 2023?
a) R. Hari Kumar
b) Sanjay Jasjit Singh
c) Surendra Nath Kohli
d) Anil Chauhan
Weekly Important Answers – 12
The correct answer is Option B – Sanjay Jasjit Singh
- Vice Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh took over as Vice Chief of Naval Staff on 01 April 2023.
- He was awarded Nao Sena Medal in 2009 and Ati Vishisht Seva Medal in 2020.
- Before taking over as the Deputy Chief of the Naval Staff, he was the Deputy Chief of the Integrated Defense Staff (Operations).
- The Indian Navy is the maritime branch of the Indian Armed Forces.
- The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy.
- The Chief of the Naval Staff, a four-star admiral, commands the Navy.
- It was established on 26 January 1950.
- Admiral R Hari Kumar is the present Chief of the Naval Staff
Weekly Important Question – 13
Fino Payments Bank has tied up with which IPL team as the digital banking partner?
a) Rajasthan Royals
b) Kolkata Knight Riders
c) Lucknow Super Giants
d) Chennai Super King
Weekly Important Answers – 13
The correct answer is Option A – Rajasthan Royals
- In April 2023, Fino Payments Bank announced that it has renewed its association with the Rajasthan Royals for Season 16 of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- The partnership is expected to provide innovative digital banking solutions to a wider audience.
- In 2023, Fino Bank is also conducting a grassroots talent search called “Ticket to Cricket” to discover India’s next cricketing superstar.
- Fino Payments Bank was established on June 23, 2007, and is currently headquartered in Juinagar, Navi Mumbai.
- The bank offers a wide range of services to its customers such as savings accounts, loans, debit and credit cards, insurance, investments, mortgages, and online banking services.
- Rishi Gupta is the MD & CEO of Fino Payments Bank.
Weekly Important Question – 14
Anjali Sharma became the first woman to conquer which mountain wearing a lounger?
a) Mount Everest
b) Mount Kilimanjaro
c) Mount Makalu
d) Mount Makalu
Weekly Important Answers – 14
The correct answer is Option B – Mount Kilimanjaro
- Anjali Sharma became the first woman in Africa to scale Mount Kilimanjaro in April 2023 wearing a lounger.
- He has also conquered Hanuman Tibba and Pahar Dev with a height of 6001 meters.
- Luanchari is the traditional dress of Himachal Pradesh.
- Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa and the largest free-standing mountain in the world.
- She is a resident of the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh.
Weekly Important Question – 15
Which country will launch its first operational satellite on 10 April?
Weekly Important Answers – 15
The correct answer is Option A – Kenya
- The Kenya Space Agency is set to launch the country’s first operational Earth observation satellite on 10 April 2023.
- Taifa-1, Swahili for One Nation, is scheduled to launch on April 10 on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California.
- In 2018, Kenya launched its first experimental nanosatellite from the International Space Station.
- Kenya is a country in East Africa.
- The capital city of Kenya is Nairobi and its currency is the Kenyan Shilling.
- William Ruto is the current President of Kenya.
Weekly Important Question – 16
Who has revised India’s GDP growth forecast to 6.3 per cent in FY24?
d) World Bank
Weekly Important Answers – 16
The correct answer is Option D – World Bank
- According to a report released by the World Bank on 4 April 2023, India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth is projected to slow down to 6.3% in the fiscal year 2024 from 6.6% on 1 April.
- The World Bank has projected a growth rate of 6.9% for the fiscal year 2023.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on 4 April 2023 lowered its forecast for India’s economic growth for the fiscal year 2024 to 6.4% from 7.2% in December 2022.
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of low- and middle-income countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects.
- It was established along with the International Monetary Fund at the Bretton Woods Conference of 1944.
- David Malpass is the current President of the World Bank.
Weekly Important Question – 17
Which state government has launched a ‘Cool Roof’ policy to beat the heat?
c) Andhra Pradesh
Weekly Important Answers – 17
The correct answer is Option A – Telangana
- The Telangana government launched the ‘Cool Roof’ policy on 3 April 2023 to bring down the temperature in Hyderabad and other urban areas of the state.
- Cool roofing can be implemented by using paint, tiles, or other materials to reflect sunlight.
- In the first year, the state government has targeted an area of 7.5 sq km, including 5 sq km in Hyderabad, as ‘Cool Roof’.
- Telangana is a state in South India.
- On 2 June 2014, the region was carved out from the northwestern part of Andhra Pradesh to form the newly formed state of Telangana, with Hyderabad as its capital.
- K Chandrasekhar Rao is the Chief Minister and its Governor is Tamilisai Sundararajan.
Weekly Important Question – 18
Which country has invited PM Modi to the Bastille Day parade in July?
Weekly Important Answers – 18
The correct answer is Option C – France
- France has invited Prime Minister Modi to visit Paris as the guest of honor at the annual Bastille Day parade on 14 July 2023.
- Several major agreements including the Indo-Pacific region, nuclear energy, and defense are expected to be discussed between PM Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron.
- Former PM Manmohan Singh was invited as the Bastille Day parade guest in 2009.
- France is a country primarily located in Western Europe.
- Paris is the capital and largest city of the country and the main cultural and commercial center of France.
- Élisabeth Borne is the Prime Minister of France.
Weekly Important Question – 19
Who won the title of the Miami Open Tennis Tournament 2023?
a) Carlos Alcaraz
b) Coco Gauff
c) Jannik Sinner
d) Daniil Medvedev
Weekly Important Answers – 19
The correct answer is Option D – Daniil Medvedev
- Daniil Medvedev won his fourth title of the year and 19th overall by defeating Jannik Sinner of Italy to win the Miami Open tennis tournament on 3rd April 2023.
- The win marked his first title win at the Miami Open tournament.
- Petra Kvitová defeated Elena Rybakina to win the Miami Open Women’s Tennis Tournament 2023 title.
- The Miami Open is a professional tennis tournament held annually in Florida, United States.
- It is part of the men’s ATP Tour Masters 1000 circuit and the women’s WTA 1000 circuit.
- The Miami Open is usually held between March and April.
- The first tournament was held in February 1985 in Florida.
- On 2 April 2023, Coco Gauff and Jessica Pegula became the first all-American pair in 22 years to win the Miami Open doubles title, defeating Leyla Fernandez and Taylor Townsend in the final.
Weekly Important Question – 20
Which country hosted the first India-Central Asia Culture Ministers’ meeting to be held on 3rd April?
Weekly Important Answers – 20
The correct answer is Option B – India
- Union Minister G. Kishan Reddy hosted the first India-Central Asia Culture Ministers’ Meeting virtually on 3 April 2023.
- Culture ministers from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan also participated in the meeting.
- The ministers presented their vision to carry forward their leader’s commitment to further strengthen cultural cooperation in the region.
- The first India-Central Asia Summit 2022 coincides with the 30th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between India and the Central Asian countries.
- The leaders reiterated their strong support for a peaceful, secure, and stable Afghanistan with a truly representative and inclusive government.
|Weekly Current Affairs 2023||Current Affairs Tests||Awards & Honours 2022|
|Sports Current Affairs 2022||2023 Gov Exams Updates||Gov Exams Syllabus|
Weekly Important Question – 21
On which day the International Day of Mine Awareness is observed?
a) 7th April
b) 4th April
c) 31st March
d) 1st April
Weekly Important Answers – 21
The correct answer is Option B – 4th April
- International Day of Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action is observed every year on 4 April.
- The aim of the day is to raise awareness about landmines, get support for mine action work and move toward their removal.
- The theme for the year 2023 is “Mine Action Can Not Wait” to shine a spotlight on contamination in Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam.
- Mahavir Jayanti has also been celebrated on 4 April 2023.
- Every year 5th of April is celebrated as National Maritime Day in India to spread awareness about international trade and the economy.
- The International Day of Sport for Development and Peace is observed annually on 6 April to promote social change, community development, and peace and understanding.
- World Health Day is observed every year on 7th April to draw attention to a specific health topic of concern to people around the world.
Weekly Important Question – 22
Which state’s world-famous ‘Basohli Painting’ has got GI tagging?
b) Jammu & Kashmir
c) Madhya Pradesh
Weekly Important Answers – 22
The correct answer is Option B – Jammu & Kashmir
- The world-famous Basohli painting of Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag on 3 April 2023.
- Basohli painting of Kathua is the first independent GI-tagged product of the Jammu region.
- GI tag for a product, goods, or specialty provides legal protection to the original producers and prevents their unauthorized use by third parties.
- Besides the Basohli Painting, Basohli Pashmina woolen products (Kathua), Chikri woodcraft (Rajouri), Bhaderwah rajma (Doda), Mushkbudji rice (Anantnag), Kaladi (Udhampur), Sulai Honey (Ramban), Anardana (Ramban), and Ladakh wood carving (Ladakh) were the other products pitched for the GI-tagging.
Weekly Important Question – 23
Which country has joined NATO as the 31st ally?
Weekly Important Answers – 23
The correct answer is Option A – Finland
- Finland became the newest member of NATO on 4 April 2023 when it deposited its instrument of accession to the North Atlantic Treaty with the United States at NATO headquarters in Brussels. The Foreign Minister of Finland handed over the Instrument of Accession to the US Secretary of State, who declared Finland a member.
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, also called the North Atlantic Alliance, is an intergovernmental military alliance between 31 member states – 29 European and two North American.
- Established after World War II, the organization implemented the North Atlantic Treaty signed on 4 April 1949 in Washington, DC.
- Jens Stoltenberg is the Secretary General of NATO.
- Finland is a Nordic country in Northern Europe.
- It’s capital and largest city is Helsinki.
- Sauli Niinistö is the President of Finland and its Prime Minister is Sanna Marin.
Weekly Important Question – 24
Which of the 18 states has topped the India Justice Report 2022?
Weekly Important Answers – 24
The correct answer is Option B – Karnataka
- In the recently released India Justice Report 2022, Karnataka has secured the top position among 18 large states in justice delivery.
- Tamil Nadu is second and Telangana is number three.
- The report is based on aggregate data on the 4 pillars of justice delivery namely Police, Judiciary, Prisons, and Legal Aid.
- Uttar Pradesh is at the lowest position at the 18th position.
Weekly Important Question – 25
Which product of Bihar’s West Champaran got a GI tagged on 4th April 2023?
a) Mithila Makhana
b) Basohli painting
c) Mircha rice
d) Adamchini rice
Weekly Important Answers – 25
The correct answer is Option C – Mircha rice
- Mircha rice of Bihar’s West Champaran has been awarded the GI tag on 4 April 2023.
- The size and shape of the grain appear like that of black pepper, hence it is known as Mircha or Marcha Rice.
- The latest addition is also the Mithila Makhana which is a unique type of fox used in Kojagara Puja in Bihar.
- By 2023, there are over 400 products in India that have been awarded the GI tag.
- On 15th September 2003 GI Tag was implemented in India.
- The first GI Tag in India was facilitated by West Bengal’s Darjeeling Tea.
- Banarasi Paan, Banarasi Langra Mango, Ramnagar Bhanta (eggplant), and Adamchini rice from Uttar Pradesh were also awarded the GI tag.
Weekly Important Question – 26
Which of the following city has banned e-scooters on its roads?
c) New Delhi
Weekly Important Answers – 26
The correct answer is Option B – Paris
- Paris banned e-scooters from its streets.
- The ban comes after months of intense debate on the subject as the number of accidents involving e-scooters or Trotinte has continued to rise over the past few years.
- This is because people are recklessly riding battery-operated vehicles, flouting traffic rules, and causing fatal accidents.
- Paris is the capital and most populous city of France.
Weekly Important Question – 27
From which country has India bought Hellfire missiles and Mark 54 torpedoes?
Weekly Important Answers – 27
The correct answer is Option A – US
- India announced the purchase of Hellfire missiles and Mark 54 anti-submarine torpedoes from the US in April 2023 for its MH-60 Romeo multi-role helicopters.
- India and US signed a deal worth Rs 16000 crore to buy 24 MH-60 Romeo helicopters from Lockheed Martin in 2020.
- It is already inducted into the Indian Navy’s P-8I anti-submarine warfare and surveillance aircraft.
- The Hellfire missile is the primary 100-pound (45 kg) class precision air-to-surface weapon for the United States Armed Forces.
Weekly Important Question – 28
Apple Inc. In which city is it opening its first India store?
a) New Delhi
Weekly Important Answers – 28
The correct answer is Option B – Mumbai
- Apple iPhone maker’s first company-owned store in the country will be opened in Mumbai.
- The store will be named Apple-BKC.
- The logo of Apple BKC is inspired by Mumbai’s iconic Kalai yellow taxi art.
- Apple is reportedly planning to open another retail store in India in New Delhi.
- Apple Inc. is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Cupertino, California.
- Apple was founded as the Apple Computer Company on April 1, 1976, by Steve Wozniak, Steve Jobs, and Ronald Wayne to develop and sell Wozniak’s Apple I personal computer.
- Its chairman is Arthur D. Levinson and its CEO is Tim Cook.
Weekly Important Question – 29
Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky was conferred with which country’s highest honour?
Weekly Important Answers – 29
The correct answer is Option C – Poland
- Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky has been awarded the Order of the White Eagle, Poland’s highest honour.
- They were awarded for their services to security, resilience, and defense of human rights.
- The Order of the White Eagle is the oldest and highest decoration of the Republic of Poland, awarded for great civil and military merit to the country.
- Ukraine is a country in Eastern Europe.
- Kyiv is the capital and largest city in the country.
- Poland is a country in Central Europe.
- Warsaw is the country’s capital and its currency is the Polish Zloty.
- Andrzej Duda is the President of Poland and the Prime Minister is Mateusz Morawiecki.
Weekly Important Question – 30
How many Indian players including MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, and Mithali Raj have been given Honorary Life Membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC)?
Weekly Important Answers – 30
The correct answer is Option A – Five
- Legendary Indian cricketers MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, and Suresh Raina were among five Indians who received honorary life membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) on 5 April.
- Dhoni and Yuvraj were instrumental in India’s twin World Cup victories in 2007 and 2011.
- Among former India women cricketers, former India captain Mithali Raj and veteran fast bowler Jhulan Goswami were also honored by the MCC.
Connect with Us
WhatsApp Chat Support
Weekly Important Question – 31
Which country’s Kim Cotton became the first woman to umpire in ICC Men’s T20I cricket?
b) New Zealand
d) South Africa
Weekly Important Answers – 31
The correct answer is Option B – New Zealand
- New Zealand’s Kim Cotton became the first woman to be an on-field umpire in a full-member men’s T20I on 5 April 2023.
- She was umpiring during New Zealand’s second match against Sri Lanka in Dunedin, New Zealand.
- She has previously umpired in 54 Women’s T20Is apart from 24 Women’s ODIs since 2018.
- She made his first appearance as a TV umpire in the men’s game in 2020 during the India and New Zealand T20I series in Hamilton.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) is the global governing body of cricket.
- It was founded in 1909 as the Imperial Cricket Conference by representatives from Australia, England, and South Africa.
- Its headquarter is in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Greg Barclay is the chairman of the ICC and its general manager is Wasim Khan.
Weekly Important Question – 32
The government unveiled plans to add 250 gigawatts (GW) of renewable energy in the next how many years?
a) Five Years
b) Ten Years
c) Three Years
d) Seven Years
Weekly Important Answers – 32
The correct answer is Option A – Five Years
- The Union Government on 5 April 2023 announced plans to add 250GW of renewable energy capacity over the next five years to achieve its target of 500 GW of clean energy by 2030.
- The government has decided to invite bids for 50 GW of renewable energy capacity annually for the next five years.
- It also includes the installation of wind power capacity of at least 10GW per year.
- On 5th April 2023, India Grid Trust commissioned its first Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) project at the Dhule substation in Maharashtra.
Weekly Important Question – 33
What is its rank of India in the latest FIFA rankings?
Weekly Important Answers – 33
The correct answer is Option A – 101st
- The Indian men’s football team, on 6th April 2023, jumped five places to reach the 101st position in the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) rankings on 6th April 2023.
- Argentina topped the FIFA rankings for the first time in 6 years.
- France is number two and Brazil at number three.
- While Belgium is in the fourth position, England is in the fifth position, followed by Netherlands and Croatia.
- FIFA is the international governing body of association football, beach soccer, and futsal.
- It was founded in 1904 and the Headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland.
- Its membership now comprises 211 national associations.
Weekly Important Question – 34
In which Indian state did President Murmu inaugurate the two-day ‘Gaj Utsav’?
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Arunachal Pradesh
Weekly Important Answers – 34
The correct answer is Option D – Assam
- President Droupadi Murmu inaugurated the ‘Gaj Utsav-2023’ at the Kaziranga National Park in Assam on April 7, 2023.
- The celebration encompasses Elephants’ role in ecology, as an integral part of our religion, mythology, and literature.
- The elephant is the National Heritage Animal of India.
- The festival is being organized by the Wildlife Trust of India (WTI) and the Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change.
- The President said that the ‘Human-Elephant Conflict’ has been an issue for centuries.
- Assam is a state in northeastern India, south of the eastern Himalayas along the Brahmaputra and Barak River valleys.
- Gulab Chand Kataria is the Governor of Assam and the Chief Minister is Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Weekly Important Question – 35
Who among the following has become the richest sports owner on Forbes Billionaire List?
a) Gautam Adani
b) Shahrukh Khan
c) Mukesh Ambani
d) Cyrus Poonawala
Weekly Important Answers – 35
The correct answer is Option C – Mukesh Ambani
- Mukesh Ambani was named the richest sports owner in the Forbes Billionaires 2023 list released on 5 April 2023.
- According to the list, the world’s 25 richest people have a combined net worth of $2.1 trillion.
- With a net worth of $211 billion, Bernard Arnault topped the list for the first time.
- The following development comes after Gautam Adani fell to the 24th position on the global list.
- Adani was the third richest person in the world on 24 January.
- Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani has also reclaimed his position as Asia’s richest person once again in the Forbes Billionaire 2023 list released on April 4.
Weekly Important Question – 36
What is the name of the two-time Commonwealth Games winner who has been banned for four years by NADA?
a) Hima Das
b) Sanjita Chanu
c) Mirabai Chanu
d) Sakshi Malik
Weekly Important Answers – 36
The correct answer is Option B – Sanjita Chanu
- Two-time Commonwealth Games champion Sanjita Chanu was banned for four years by India’s National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) on 06 April.
- The ban was imposed by WADA after Chanu tested positive for the anabolic-androgenic steroid drostanolone.
- Drostanolone is primarily used to treat breast cancer in women but is also used by athletes as a performance-enhancing drug.
- The National Anti-Doping Agency of India is the national organization of India responsible for promoting, coordinating, and monitoring the doping control program in sports in all forms.
- NADA is headed by the Sports Minister of India (Anurag Thakur).
- Indian triple jumper Aishwarya Babu and sprinter MV Jilna were also recently banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) after testing positive for banned drugs.
Weekly Important Question – 37
What is the height of the statue of Lord Hanuman that has been unveiled by Amit Shah in Gujarat?
Weekly Important Answers – 37
The correct answer is Option A – 5th
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah, on 6 April 2023, unveiled a 54-feet-tall statue of Lord Hanuman at Sarangpur temple in Botad district, Gujarat.
- He inaugurated it on the occasion of Hanuman Jayanti.
- He also inaugurated the new community kitchen of the temple on 6 April 2023 which can serve around 4 thousand pilgrims at a time.
- Gujarat is a state located on the west coast of India.
- Its coastline of approximately 1,600 km (990 mi) is the longest in the country, most of which lies on the Kathiawar peninsula.
- The capital city of Gujarat is Gandhinagar, while its largest city is Ahmedabad.
- Acharya Devvrat is the Governor of Gujarat and the Chief Minister is Bhupendrabhai Patel (BJP).
What is Geographical Indication (GI)?
A geographical indication (GI) is a sign used on products that have a specific geographical origin and possess qualities or a reputation that are due to that origin.
GI tag for a product, goods, or specialty provides legal protection to the original producers and prevents their unauthorized use by third parties.
The GI tag was implemented in India on 15 September 2003.
The first GI tag in India was given by Darjeeling Tea from West Bengal.
By 2023, there are over 400 products in India that have been awarded the GI tag.
The world-famous Basohli painting of Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir got the Geographical Indication (GI) tag on 3 April 2023.
The Basohli painting of Kathua is the first independent GI-tagged product from the Jammu region.
Black pepper rice from Bihar’s West Champaran has been awarded the GI tag on 4th April 2023.
The latest addition is also the Mithila Makhana which is a unique type of fox used in Kojagara Puja in Bihar.
Banarasi paan, Banarasi langda mango, Ramnagar bhanta (brinjal), and Adamchini rice from Uttar Pradesh were also awarded the GI tag.
Clear Your Concepts
Have You Downloaded Our App?
Get Courses & Test-series at Affordable Prices