01-07 Feb Weekly Current Affairs MCQs – 01-07 Feb all Important Current Affairs Questions and Answers with detailed explanation – Important weekly current affairs question with Solution – Weekly current affairs important questions pdf download – Important weekly MCQs with the solution for all types of Competitive exams – Important weekly quiz 2023 – Important weekly current affairs 2023 pdf – Weekly Current affairs explained questions for all types of Competitive exams – 01Feb to 07Feb All Important current affairs – 01Feb to 07Feb Important questions and answers – All Important Weekly current affairs questions for all government exams 2023
Clear Your Concepts
01-07 Feb Weekly Current Affairs MCQs in English
In this post, we are providing students with 01-07 February Important Current Affairs MCQs questions and answers for UPSC, SSC, and Banking exams.
|Weekly Current Affairs 2023||Current Affairs Tests||Awards & Honours 2022|
|Sports Current Affairs 2022||2023 Gov Exams Updates||Gov Exams Syllabus|
01-07 Feb Important Question – 1
Which of these politicians was given the Lifetime Achievement Award in the UK?
a) Narendra Modi
b) Manmohan Singh
c) Amit Shah
d) Rajnath Singh
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 1
The correct answer is Option B – Manmohan Singh
- Former PM Dr. Manmohan Singh was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award in Britain.
- He was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Honor by the India-UK Achievers Honors in London for his contribution to economic and political life.
- The Lifetime Achievement Honour is a nod to Dr. Singh’s academic achievements at the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge.
- The United Kingdom is an island nation in northwestern Europe.
- It is made up of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
- London is the capital of the United Kingdom and the currency is the British Pound Sterling.
- Rishi Sunak is the Prime Minister and Charles III is the King of the UK.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 2
Which scheme for Mangrove plantation was announced in the budget on 1st February 2023?
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 2
The correct answer is Option A – MISHTI
- The Mangrove Initiative for Shoreline ‘Housing and Tangible Income’- MISHTI scheme was announced in the budget on 1 February 2023.
- The main aim of the scheme is to take up mangrove plantations along the coastline and on saltpan lands.
- It also aims to preserve Mangrove forests.
- MISHTI is to be implemented by converting CAMPA Fund, MGNREGS, and other sources.
- Mangroves are a salt-tolerant variety of plants.
- They are found in freshwater and brackish water in intertidal areas where bay estuaries, creeks, and lagoons are.
- West Bengal alone has 42.45% of India’s mangroves.
- Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA) Fund is a fund set up to receive compensation which is to be credited with the net value of the land under the CAMPA Act.
- 90% of the funds are given to the states while 10% is kept by the Centre.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 3
What is the name of the Dutch player who won the Tata Steel Master 2023?
a) Magnus Carson
b) Anish Giri
c) Bobby Fischer
d) Ding Liren
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 3
The correct answer is Option B – Anish Giri
- Dutch player Anish Giri, a five-time runner-up at Wijk aan Zee, has won the Tata Steel Masters 2023.
- It was conducted from 13 to 29 January 2023.
- The field of 14 players in the Masters’ section included the Nos. 1 and 2 of the FIDE World Rankings, Magnus Carson and Ding Liren.
- Tata Steel Chess Tournament 2023 is the 85th edition of the annual chess tournament held in Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands.
- The Tata Steel Chess Tournament was called the Hoogovens Tournament from its inception in 1938.
- In 2007 the Corus Group became Tata Steel Europe.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 4
India and which country jointly launched the Initiative on Critical and Emerging Technologies?
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 4
The correct answer is Option C – US
- National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and his US counterpart Jake Sullivan formally launched the US-India initiative on Critical and Emerging Technology (iCET) in Washington.
- It reflects the India-US convention of strategic, commercial & scientific approaches in the field of technology.
- They also decided to launch a new Innovation Bridge.
- Innovation Bridge will connect both countries’ defense startups.
- America is commonly referred to as the United States of America (U.S. or US).
- It consists of 50 states and its capital is Washington D.C.
- The President is Joe Biden and the Vice President is Kamala Harris.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 5
Patanjali Foods signed MoU with which state for palm oil cultivation?
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 5
The correct answer is Option A – Nagaland
- Nagaland Government and Patanjali Foods Limited have signed MoU for development and area expansion under palm oil cultivation and processing.
- The MoU was signed for Zone-II (Mokokchung, Longleng, and Mon districts) of Nagaland under the National Mission on Edible Oils-Oil Palm (NMEO-OP).
- This will bring a big boost to the palm oil producers in Nagaland state and region.
- Patanjali Foods Limited, formerly known as Ruchi Soya Industries Limited.
- It is an edible oil manufacturer company in India that was founded in 1986 by Dinesh Sahara.
- In December 2019, Patanjali Ayurveda acquired bankrupt Ruchi Soya for ₹4,350 crores.
- In June 2022, the company changed its name to Patanjali Foods.
- Nagaland became the 16th state of India on 1 December 1963 with Kohima as its capital.
- It is home to a rich diversity of natural, cultural, and environmental resources.
- The Chief Minister of Nagaland is Neiphiu Rio and the Governor is Jagdish Mukhi (Additional Charge).
01-07 Feb Important Question – 6
Which Gulf country’s Vice President Rashid Al Maktoum has renamed Al Minhad as Hind City?
a) Saudi Arabia
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 6
The correct answer is Option B – UAE
- The Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, renamed the Al Minhad district and its surrounding areas as ‘Hind City’ in January 2023.
- The city is divided into four zones and spans an area of 83.9km.
- The Hind City will be served by major roads including Emirates Road, Dubai-Al Ain Road, and Jebel Ali-Lehbab Road.
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) The United Arab Emirates is a country in Western Asia.
- Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates and the dirham is the currency.
- Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan is the President.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 7
Who has been appointed as the new Drugs Controller General of India?
a) Dr. Ashutosh Sharma
b) Dr. Rajeev Singh Raghuvanshi
c) Dr. VG Somali
d) Dr. Rahul Shastri
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 7
The correct answer is Option B – Dr. Rajeev Singh Raghuvanshi
- The Union Public Service Commission has recommended the name of Dr. Rajeev Singh Raghuvanshi as the new Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI).
- He will replace Dr. VG Somali who was appointed as the DCGI in August 2019.
- The Drugs Controller General of India comes under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- DCGI heads the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO), which is responsible for ensuring the quality of drug supply in India.
- DCGI also sets standards for the manufacturing, sales, import, and distribution of drugs in India.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 8
Who has written the new book ‘The Poverty of Political Economy?
a) Abhijit Banerjee
b) Rajni Bakshi
c) Meghnad Desai
d) Shashi Tharoor
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 8
The correct answer is Option C – Meghnad Desai
- India-born British economist Meghnad Desai has authored a new book titled “The Poverty of Political Economy: How Economics Abandoned the Poor”.
- It highlights how the discipline of economics, since the time it evolved in the late 18th century, systematically kept the interests of the poor at the periphery.
- The book is published by HarperCollins Publishers India.
- Meghnad Desai has been awarded the Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian award in the Republic of India, in 2008
01-07 Feb Important Question – 9
The Samta Kumbh, which runs from February 2 to February 14, is starting in Muchintal of which state?
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 9
The correct answer is Option A – Telangana
- Samatha Kumbh will be held from 2-14 February 2023 at the premises of the Statue of Equality in Muchintala, Telangana.
- On Feb 5, Kalyanotsavam will also be held for all 108 Divya Deshas.
- The program will commence with the offering of abhisheka to the Ramanujacharya statue.
- The Statue of Equality was inaugurated at the Samatha Murthy Spoorthy Kendram in Telangana by PM Narendra Modi in 2022.
- Telangana was granted statehood on 2 June 2014 under the leadership of k Chandrashekar Rao.
- Hyderabad is the capital of Telangana and Tamilisai Soundararajan is the governor.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 10
IMF has approved a $4.7 billion aid package for which Asian country?
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 10
The correct answer is Option C – Bangladesh
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) on 31 January 2023 approved a total of USD 4.7 billion loan for Bangladesh.
- It includes USD 3.3 billion under the Extended Credit Facility (ECF) and Extended Fund Facility (EFF) and USD 1.4 billion under the Resilience and Sustainability Facility (RSF) for Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh is the first country in Asia to receive financing under the RSF.
- Bangladesh is a South Asian country and it is the eighth-most populous country in the world.
- Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh and Taka is the currency.
- Sheikh Hasina is the Prime Minister and Mohammad Abdul Hamid is the President.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 11
On which day Indian Coast Guard Day is celebrated every year?
a) 2 February
b) 1 February
c) 4 February
d) 7 February
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 11
The correct answer is Option B – 1 February
- Indian Coast Guard Day is celebrated on 1 February every year.
- In 2023, the Indian Coast Guard is celebrating its 46th Raising Day.
- The Indian Coast Guard was founded on February 1, 1977, and the day is recognized as Indian Coast Guard Day.
- Indian Coast Guard is an Armed Force of the Union of India for ensuring the security of the maritime zones of India.
- The current Director-General of the Indian Coast Guard is Virender Singh Pathania.
- Every year on 2nd February, World Wetlands Day is celebrated globally.
- World Interfaith Harmony Week is an annual event celebrated during the first week of February (1–7) following the United Nations General Assembly designation in 2010.
- World Cancer Day is observed every year on 4 February as an international day to raise awareness about cancer.
- Sant Ravidas Jayanti is celebrated on the day of Magh Purnima on 5 February.
- International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is observed on 6 February
01-07 Feb Important Question – 12
Which eminent writer and Sahitya Akademi awardee passed away in Hyderabad?
a) Birju Maharaj
b) K.V. Tirumalesh
c) K. Vishwanath
d) Vikram Gokhale
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 12
The correct answer is Option B – K.V. Tirumalesh
- Noted Kannada writer K.V. Tirumalesh passed away in Hyderabad in February 2023.
- He was regarded as one of the most versatile writers across genres.
- He was awarded the Sahitya Akademi Award in 2010 for his collections of poems Akshaya Kavya in Kannada.
- Legendary Telugu film director K. Vishwanath passed away also in Hyderabad on February 2, 2023.
- He was conferred with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2017.
- Noted Telugu film director Sagar passes away in Chennai.
- Padma Bhushan awardee legendary playback singer Vani Jairam passed away on February 4, 2023.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 13
Which country will be the theme country for the 2025 Madrid International Book Fair?
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 13
The correct answer is Option A – India
- India will be invited as the focal country at the Madrid International Book Fair in 2025.
- The announcement was made on 2 February 2023 by the Spanish ambassador to the country, José María Ridao.
- Spain is the theme country at the 46th International Kolkata Book Fair being held in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- The Madrid International Book Fair is an annual event that began in 1933 and is held in Madrid’s Buen Retiro Park.
- Madrid is the capital and largest city of Spain.
- The Monarch of Spain is Felipe VI and the Prime Minister is Pedro Sánchez.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 14
Which country reopened its embassy in the Solomon Islands after 30 years?
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 14
The correct answer is Option B – USA
- The United States reopened its embassy in the Solomon Islands on 3 February after 30 years.
- Its purpose is part of an effort to counter China’s growing influence in the South Pacific region.
- The US closed its embassy in the capital Honiara in 1993 after the end of the Cold War.
- The Solomon Islands, a nation of hundreds of islands is located in the Pacific Ocean.
- Manasseh Sogavare is the Prime Minister of the Solomon Islands.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 15
Madhya Pradesh government has changed the name of which village of Bhopal to Jagdishpur?
b) Islam Nagar
c) Ahmad Nagar
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 15
The correct answer is Option B – Islam Nagar
- Madhya Pradesh government announced in February 2023, that Islam Nagar village located in Bhopal district had been renamed Jagdishpur.
- Islam Nagar village is located about 12 km from Bhopal and is famous for forts.
- Bhopal was founded in 1724 by Dost Mohammad Khan, an Afgan soldier who established his capital at Jagdishpur and named it Islam Nagar.
Important list of recent name changes in India:
|Daulatabad Fort||Devgiri Fort|
|Chandigarh International Airport||Shaheed Bhagat Singh|
|‘Miyan Ka Bada||Mahesh Nagar Halt|
|Yes Mutual Fund||White Oak Capital Mutual Fund|
|Kevadia Railway Station||Ekta Nagar Railway Station|
|Jhansi Railway Station||Veerangana Laxmibai Railway Station|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Road||Narendra Modi Marg’ 2022|
|Navi Mumbai Airport||DB Patil International Airport|
01-07 Feb Important Question – 16
Which of these African countries has appointed Manuela Roka Botey as the first female Prime Minister?
a) Equatorial Guinea
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 16
The correct answer is Option A – Equatorial Guinea
- Equatorial Guinea has appointed Manuela Roka Botey as prime minister.
- She became the first woman in the country to hold the position.
- She was the education minister and joined the government in 2020.
- President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, who has ruled the country since 1979, announced the appointment.
- Equatorial Guinea is a Central African country and its capital is Malabo on the island of Bioko.
- The currency of Equatorial Guinea is the Central African CFA franc
01-07 Feb Important Question – 17
Which state won the inaugural National Beach Soccer Championship 2023?
a) Tamil Nadu
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 17
The correct answer is Option C – Kerala
- Kerala won the inaugural National Beach Soccer Championships held at Dumas Beach, Surat, on 1 Feb 2023.
- AIFF announced the schedule of this tournament on 24 January 2023.
- Kerala’s goalkeeper Santosh Kasmeer was awarded the best goalkeeper in the tournament.
- Rajasthan’s Amit Godara was the highest goalscorer, with 27 goals.
- The best player of the tournament was awarded to Kerala’s Siju S.
- The 2023 National Beach Soccer Championship was the inaugural edition of an annual beach soccer tournament in India, organized by the All India Football Federation.
- Kerala has about 600 km of Arabian Sea coastline and its capital is Thiruvananthapuram.
- Pinarayi Vijayan is the Chief Minister of Kerala and the Governor is Arif Mohammed Khan.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 18
Who was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Laos?
a) Prashant Agarwal
b) M Subbarayudu
c) Parmila Jayapal
d) Sai Sanjay
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 18
The correct answer is Option A – Prashant Agarwal
- Prashant Agarwal has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Lao People’s Democratic Republic.
- Presently, he is serving as the High Commissioner of India to Namibia.
- He joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1998 and served in India’s Missions in Paris, Port Louis, and Bangkok.
- IFS officer M Subbarayudu has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Namibia.
- Laos is a Southeast Asian country.
- Vientiane is the capital of Laos and its currency is Laotian Kip.
- Sonexay Siphandone is the Prime Minister and Thongloun Sisoulith is the president.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 19
Which country will host the 2027 Asian Cup of Football?
b) Saudi Arabia
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 19
The correct answer is Option B – Saudi Arabia
- The Asian Football Confederation announced that Saudi Arabia has won the hosting of the 2027 Asian Nations Cup for the first time in its history.
- It was announced during the 33rd Congress of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) on 1 February 2023 in Manama, the capital of Bahrain.
- Saudi Arabia was the only bid presented at the Congress after India’s withdrawal in December 2022.
- The Asian Football Confederation Asian Cup 2023 will be held in Qatar from June 26 to July 16, 2023.
- AFC is the governing body of association football, beach football, and futsal in some countries/territories in Asia and Oceania.
- It was founded on 8 May 1954 in Manila, Philippines and it has 47 member countries.
- Saudi Arabia, officially the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, is a country in Southwestern Asia.
- Its Capital is Riyadh and the Currency is the Saudi Riyal.
- King: Salman of Saudi Arabia.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 20
Yaya Tso has become the first biodiversity heritage site of which state?
c) Arunachal Pradesh
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 20
The correct answer is Option D – Ladakh
- Yaya Tso, known as the Bird’s Paradise for its beautiful lake, has been proposed as Ladakh’s first Biodiversity Heritage Site.
- Yaya Tso is a nesting habitat for a large number of birds and animals, such as the bar-headed goose, black-necked crane, and brahminy duck.
- It also has the distinction of being one of the highest breeding grounds for the black-necked crane.
- Biodiversity Heritage Sites are areas that are unique, ecologically fragile ecosystems having a rich biodiversity.
- There are 36 Biodiversity Heritage Sites in India.
- Mahendragiri hill is the last Biodiversity Heritage Site added in 2022, which is in Odisha.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 21
What is the name of the WhatsApp chatbot service launched by the Delhi Commission for the Protection of Child Rights?
a) Bal Mitra
b) Bal Rakshak
c) Sishu Mitra
d) Bal Sahyog
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 21
The correct answer is Option A – Bal Mitra
- Delhi Commission for the Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) launched ‘Bal Mitra’, a WhatsApp Chatbot to provide communication support to children and parents in Delhi.
- It tries to remove the communication gap between the public and govt.
- Parents can discuss education-related issues like admission issues with DCPCR.
- The DCPCR has been constituted under the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights Acts, 2005.
- It is the statutory watchdog of the Government of Delhi on matters of child rights.
- The objective of this system is to reduce dropout rates in Delhi.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 22
Chief Justice of which of these countries will address the 73rd anniversary of the Supreme Court of India?
d) Sri Lanka
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 22
The correct answer is Option C – Singapore
- The Supreme Court of India is going to complete 73 years on 4 February 2023.
- Chief Justice of Singapore Sundaresh Menon is scheduled to deliver the first annual lecture for the 73rd Foundation Day of SC.
- He will give the inaugural lecture on “The Role of the Judiciary in a Changing World”.
- The Supreme Court of India is the highest judicial authority in India.
- The Chief Justice of India is the head of the Supreme Court, which consists of a maximum of 34 (33+1) judges.
- The Federal Court of India was created under the Government of India Act 1935.
- Later on 28 January 1950, the Supreme Court of India came into existence.
- Dr. Justice D.Y. Chandrachud is the present Chief Justice of India.
- Singapore is a sovereign island country and its capital is the city of Singapore.
- The President is Halimah Yacoub and the Prime Minister is Lee Hsien Loong.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 23
On which day World Cancer Day is observed to raise awareness about cancer?
a) 2 February
b) 4 February
c) 7 February
d) 1 February
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 23
The correct answer is Option B – 4 February
- World Cancer Day is an international day observed on 4 February to raise awareness of cancer and encourage its prevention, detection, and treatment.
- World Cancer Day is led by the Union for International Cancer Control to support the goals of the World Cancer Declaration written in 2008.
- The theme for the year 2023 is “Close the Care Gap: Uniting our voices and taking action”.
- Indian Coast Guard Day is celebrated every year on 1 February.
- Sant Ravidas Jayanti is celebrated on the day of Magh Purnima on 5 February.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 24
Which country announced the removal of the British monarchy from its banknotes?
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 24
The correct answer is Option C – Australia
- Australia announced that it will erase the British monarch from its banknotes, replacing the late Queen Elizabeth ll’s image on its $5 note with a design honoring Indigenous culture.
- The existing $5 note will remain legal tender.
- The central bank’s decision to leave her successor Charles III off the $5 note means no Britain-based monarch will remain on Australia’s paper currency.
- Australia is the largest country by area in Oceania and the sixth largest country in the world.
- Sydney is the largest city in Australia.
- Dutch navigator Willem Janszoon was the first known European to reach Australia in 1606.
- Canberra is the capital of Australia and its currency is Australian Dollar.
- The Prime Minister is Anthony Albanese.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 25
The first meeting of the Tourism Working Group will be held in which state from February 7?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 25
The correct answer is Option A – Gujarat
- The first meeting of the Tourism Working Group (TWG) will be held from 7 to 9 February 2023 at Dhordo in Rann of Kutch, Gujarat.
- It will focus on Green Tourism, Digitalisation, Skills, Tourism MSME, and Destination Management.
- Officials from G-20 Countries, invited countries, and representatives of various international organizations will attend the meeting.
- Gujarat is a state located on the west coast of India.
- It has the longest coastline in the country, which is 1600 km.
- Bhupendrabhai Patel is the Chief Minister of Gujarat and Acharya Devvrat is the Governor.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 26
In which of the following state, Asia’s largest helicopter factory has been opened in Tumakuru?
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 26
The correct answer is Option C – Karnataka
- Prime Minister Modi inaugurated Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) helicopter factory at Tumakuru, Karnataka.
- This helicopter factory is Asia’s largest helicopter manufacturing facility.
- It will initially produce Light Utility Helicopters.
- The factory will be expanded to manufacture Light Combat Helicopter and Indian Multirole Helicopters as well as for repair and overhaul of them in the future.
- HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited ) is an Indian state-owned aerospace and defense company.
- It was established on 23 December 1940 and Bengaluru is the headquarter.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 27
Who has become the only living Indian to win the Grammy Award thrice?
a) Anoushka Shankar
b) Ravi Shankar
c) Ricky Kej
d) Samara Joy
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 27
The correct answer is Option C – Ricky Kej
- Bengaluru-based musician Ricky Kej recently won the Grammy Award for the third time.
- She received the award for her album Divine Tides along with Steward Copeland at the 65th Annual Grammy Awards held in Los Angeles, United States.
- Ricky is the youngest Indian person and only the fourth Indian to win a Grammy Award.
- He won his first Grammy back in 2015.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 28
Who won Album of the Year at the 65th Annual Grammy Awards?
a) Harry House
b) About Damn Time
c) Divine Tides
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 28
The correct answer is Option A – Harry House
- Harry Styles – Harry House won Album of the Year at the 65th Grammy Awards.
- Harry’s House is the third studio album by English singer and songwriter Harry Styles, released on 20 May 2022 by Columbia Records and Erskine.
- The 65th Annual Grammy Awards ceremony was held on 5 February 2023 in Los Angeles, United States.
- The music awards recognized the best recordings, compositions, and artists of the eligibility year, running from October 1, 2021, to September 30, 2022.
- The nominations were announced on November 15, 2022.
- The 1st Annual Grammy Awards were held on May 4, 1959.
- Record of the Year: Lizzo;
- Song of the Year: Lizzo – About Damn Time;
- Best New Artist: Samara Joy;
- Best Country Solo Performance: Willie Nelson – Live Forever.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 29
Who has been appointed as the member of Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister?
a) Shamika Ravi
b) Ramesh Iyer
c) Bibek Debroy
d) Ricky Kej
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 29
The correct answer is Option A – Shamika Ravi
- Shamika Ravi has been appointed as a member of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM).
- He is an economics professor and researcher.
- She is currently a Non-Resident Senior Fellow in the Governance Studies Program at the Brookings Institution, Washington DC.
- EAC-PM, chaired by economist Bibek Debroy, currently has one member and six part-time members.
- The EAC-PM, headed by economist Bebek Debroy, currently has one member and six part-time members.
- The EAC-PM is an independent body constituted to advise the Government of India, particularly the Prime Minister, on economic and related issues.
- It can take up issues on its own motion or with reference to the Prime Minister or anyone else.
- NITI Aayog acts as its nodal agency.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 30
Kala Ghoda Arts Festival begins on 5 February in which state?
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 30
The correct answer is Option C – Maharashtra
- The 23rd edition of the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival began on 5 February 2023 in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The festival sections are visual arts, dance, music, theatre, cinema, and literature.
- It was first started in 1999.
- It is an annual festival, commencing always on the first Saturday of February and closing always on the second Sunday in February, in the Kala Ghoda area of South Mumbai, Maharashtra.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 31
On which day the International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is observed?
a) 9 February
b) 6 February
c) 4 February
d) 1 February
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 31
The correct answer is Option B – 6 February
- International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is observed on 6 February
- It aims to spread awareness and educate people about the consequences and problems caused by genital mutilation.
- It was first introduced by UNICEF in 2003.
- The theme for 2023 is “Partnering with men and boys to change social and gender norms to end female genital mutilation”.
- The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is an agency of the United Nations responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental assistance to children around the world.
- It was established on 11 December 1946 and Katherine M. Russell is the Executive Director of UNICEF.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 32
Who has emerged as the most popular world leader with approval ratings?
a) Narendra Modi
b) Joe Biden
c) Andrés Obrador
d) Alain Berset
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 32
The correct answer is Option A – Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi emerged as the world’s most popular leader in February 2023 with an approval rating of 78%.
- This has been stated in the Global Leader Approval Ratings released by US-based consulting firm Morning Consult.
- Mexican President Andrés Obrador is second with 68% approval, and Swiss President Alain Berset is third with 62%.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 33
Which Indian cricketer was appointed as the coach of the Nepal cricket team?
a) Rahul Dravid
b) Sachin Tendulkar
c) Monty Desai
d) Ravi Shastri
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 33
The correct answer is Option C – Monty Desai
- Nepal Cricket Association has appointed former Indian cricketer Monty Desai as head coach of the Nepal national cricket team.
- He will replace another former Indian cricketer Manoj Prabhakar, who resigned from his post in December 2022.
- He has been the head coach of teams like the West Indies, Canada, and UAE.
- He has also served as the head coach of the Rajasthan Royals team in IPL.
- Minoti Desai is a former Test and One Day International cricketer who represented India.
- He played one Test and one ODI for India.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 34
Till which year the government extended the PM-KUSUM scheme?
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 34
The correct answer is Option A – 2026
- The government has extended the PM-KUSUM scheme till March 2026.
- The dicesion was taken as the scheme’s implementation was signigicantly affected due to COVID.
- It aims to enable farmers to set up solar power generation capacity on their arid lands and to sell it to the grid.
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM) was launched in 2019 by ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- It was launched to endow installation of off-grid solar pumps in rural areas and reduce dependence on grid, in grid-connected areas.
- It aimed at adding solar capacity of 30,800 MW by 2022 with the total central financial support of Rs 34,422 crore.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 35
Did CAG sign MoU on Shanghai Cooperation Organization Supreme Audit Institutions (SCO SAI) with Kazakhstan and which Central Asian country?
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 35
The correct answer is Option A – Tajikistan
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) on 6 Feb 2023 signed two MoU with Tajikistan and Kazakhstan.
- It was done on the sidelines of Shanghai Cooperation Organization Supreme Audit Institutions (SCO SAI) leaders’ meeting in Lucknow.
- The MoU are aimed at strengthening cooperation and facilitating the exchange of expertise including professionals in the field of auditing.
- Kazakhstan is the largest landlocked country in the world.
- It is located in Central Asia and Eastern Europe.
- Astana is the capital of Kazakhstan and its currency is the Kazakhstani Tenge.
- Kasym-Jomart Tokayev is the President of Kazakhstan.
- Tajikistan is also located in Central Asia.
- Dushanbe is the capital of Tajikistan and its currency is Tajikistani Somoni.
- Emomali Rahmon is the President.
- Kazakhstan and Tajikistan both gained independence from the Soviet Union in 1991.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 36
Who introduced AI chatbot ‘Bard’ to compete with ChatGPT?
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 36
The correct answer is Option B – Google
- Google has unveiled an AI service called “Bard”, as it races to catch up with the popular chatbot ChatGPT.
- ChatGpt is AI(Artificial Inteligent) service of the Microsoft-backed firm Open AI.
- Bard is powered by LaMDA (Language Model for Dialogue Application), a large language model that was developed and released by Google in 2021.
- ChatGpt is an AI chatbot that generates human-like responses to text input.
- It uses the latest advances in natural language processing and machine learning to generate intelligent and engaging responses to user input.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 37
Which of the following has become the first civic body in the country to launch Green Bond?
a) Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC)
b) Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC)
c) Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC)
d) Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC)
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 37
The correct answer is Option C – Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC)
- Indore Municipal Corporation has become the first civic body in the country to launch green bonds.
- Its aims to raise Rs 244 cr for a 60-mw solar plant at its water pumping station.
- The public issues of the green bonds will be open for subscription from 10 to 14 Feb 2023.
- This corporation has also topped the cleanliness survey for 6 consecutive years.
- A green bond is a debt security issued by an organization for the purpose of financing or refinancing projects that make a positive contribution to the environment and/or climate.
- The first green bond was issued in 2007 by the European Investment Bank, the lending arm of the European Union.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 38
Which of these companies unveiled India’s first internal combustion engine technology solution for heavy duty trucks?
a) Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)
b) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
c) Engineers India Limited (EIL)
d) Tata Motors
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 38
The correct answer is Option A – Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) on 6 Feb 2023, unveiled India’s first Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine technology solution for heavy duty trucks.
- It was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the India Energy Week in Bangalore.
- The Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine (H2ICE) powered trucks will emit near zero emissions and reduce noise.
- Reliance Industries Limited is an Indian multinational conglomerate company, headquartered in Mumbai.
- It has diversified businesses including energy, petrochemicals, natural gas, retail, telecommunications, mass media and textiles.
- It is one of the largest employers in India with over 300,000 employees in the world.
- The company is ranked 100th on the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s largest corporations by 2022.
- Mukesh Ambani is the Chairman and Managing Director of RIL.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 39
Who won the ‘Mathrubhumi Book of the Year’ award for 2023?
a) Shashi Tharoor
b) Dr. Peggy Mohan
c) Vinod Shukla
d) Romesh Gunesekera
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 39
The correct answer is Option B – Dr. Peggy Mohan
- Author Dr. Peggy Mohan has bagged the ‘Mathrubhumi Book of The Year’ award at the fourth edition of Mathrubhumi International Festival of Letters (MBIFL 2023).
- He book ‘Wanderers, Kings and Kings and Merchants’, portraying evolution of language as the outcome of migrations.
- The Mathrubhumi International Festival of Letters is an annual literary festival that takes place in the Indian city of Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Vinod Shukla bags first Mathrubhumi Book of the Year award.
- It was founded in 2 February 2018 and is organised by the Mathrubhumi newspaper group.
- Nobel Laureate Abdulrazak Gurnah presented the award to Mohan at the valedictory ceremony of the four-day Mathrubhumi International Festival of Letters 2023.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 40
Which IIT institute has collaborated with ISRO to develop astronaut training module?
a) IIT Roorkee
b) IIT Madras
c) IIT Kanpur
d) IIT Delhi
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 40
The correct answer is Option B – IIT Madras
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has signed an MoU with IIT Madras to build training modules for Indian Spaceflight Program, using augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and mixed reality (MR) technologies.
- The modules will be used to train engineers at ISRO’s Human Space Flight Centre to establish a laboratory based on extended reality (XR) technologies.
- ISRO is the national space agency of India, headquartered in Bengaluru.
- ISRO has the world’s largest constellation of remote-sensing satellites and operates the GAGAN and NAVIC satellite navigation systems.
- It was Formed 15 August 1969 and its chairman is Sreedhara Panicker Somanath.
- It operates under the Department of Space (DOS) which is directly overseen by the Prime Minister of India, while the Chairman of ISRO acts as the executive of DOS as well.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 41
India supplied 50 buses to which country under the economic assistance scheme?
a) Sri Lanka
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 41
The correct answer is Option A – Sri Lanka
- India delivered fifty buses to Sri Lanka under the Economic Assistance Scheme of the Indian govt.
- High Commissioner of India Gopal Baglay handed over the buses to Sri Lanka’s President Ranil Wickremesinghe.
- The order is part of a Line of Credit extended by the Export-Import Bank of India.
- Ashok Leyland, the commercial vehicle manufacturer, had won the contract to supply 500 buses to Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka, formerly known as Ceylon and officially the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, is an island country in South Asia.
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayewardenepura Kotte;
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee;
- President: Ranil Wickremesinghe;
- Prime Minister: Dinesh Gunawardene.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 42
Which team won the title of National Ice Hockey Championship 2023?
a) Ladakh Winter Sports Club
b) Shimla Ice Skating Club
c) Ladakh Scouts
d) Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 42
The correct answer is Option D – Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- ITBP’s central ice hockey team won the 12th edition of the 2023 IHAI National Ice Hockey Championship for men in February 2023.
- The championship was organized by the Ice Hockey Association of India (IHAI) in Ladakh, Leh.
- The ITBP team won the title for the third consecutive time by defeating Ladakh Scouts in the final with a score of 1-0.
- The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) is a border patrol organization of India deployed along its borders with the Tibet Autonomous Region.
- It is one of the seven Central Armed Police Forces established in 1962.
- Anish Dayal Singh is the Director General of ITBP and it’s headquartered in New Delhi.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 43
Which state has announced India’s first new mobility-focused cluster?
c) Andhra Pradesh
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 43
The correct answer is Option B – Telangana
- Telangana government on 6 February 2023 unveiled Telangana Mobility Valley, India’s first new mobility-focused cluster to accelerate the development of sustainable mobility in the country.
- It aims to attract investment of around Rs 50,000 crore and create over 4 lakh jobs in the next 5 years.
- The government has also set up the Kalam Center for Automotive Excellence to upskill the youth in e-mobility.
- On 2 June 2014, the region was carved out from the northwestern part of Andhra Pradesh to form the newly formed state of Telangana, with Hyderabad as its capital.
- Tamilisai Sundararajan is the governor and K Chandrasekhar Rao is the chief minister.
01-07 Feb Important Question – 44
What is the name of the WhatsApp food delivery facility launched by Indian Railways?
b) Meal on Train
d) Food on train
01-07 Feb Important Answers – 44
The correct answer is Option A – Zoop
- Indian Railways has launched WhatsApp communication “Zoop” for railway passengers to order food through e-catering services to make e-catering services more customer-centric.
- Passengers can order food online through WhatsApp during the journey using their PNR number.
- Zoop app helps passengers to order food delivery on trains from restaurants at railway stations.
- Ashwini Vaishnav is currently the Railway Minister of India.
Most popular leader in the world.
This report has been released in the Global Leader Approval Ratings released by America’s consulting firm Morning Consult.
List of Top Ten Global Leaders:-
Prime Minister Narendra Modi emerged as the world’s most popular leader in February 2023 with an approval rating of 78%.
Mexican President Andrés Obrador is second with 68% approval, and Swiss President Alain Berset is third with 62%.
The survey also showed Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese in fourth place with a 58 percent approval rating.
Brazil’s newly elected President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva is placed at the 5th position with 50 percent rating.
Giorgia Meloni, Italy’s first female prime minister, is in sixth place with 52 percent rating.
US President Joe Biden is currently at number seven.
Canada’s prime minister was 9th with 40 percent approval.
Spain’s Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez Pérez-Castajón is in 10th place with 36 percent.
British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak ranked 12th with 30 percent approval.
Have You Downloaded Our App?
Get Courses & Test-series at Affordable Prices
Have You Downloaded Our App?
Get Courses & Test-series at Affordable Prices