08-14 Feb Weekly Current Affairs MCQs – 08-14 Feb all Important Current Affairs Questions and Answers with detailed explanation – Important weekly current affairs question with Solution – Weekly current affairs important questions pdf download – Important weekly MCQs with the solution for all types of Competitive exams – Important weekly quiz 2023 – Important weekly current affairs 2023 pdf – Weekly Current affairs explained questions for all types of Competitive exams – 08Feb to 14Feb All Important current affairs – 08Feb to 14Feb Important questions and answers – All Important Weekly current affairs questions for all government exams 2023
if you face any issues in downloading pdfs,
Join our Telegram Channel to download the pdf directly
Join Telegram Channel
08-14 Feb Weekly Current Affairs MCQs in English
In this post, we are providing students with 08-14 February Important Current Affairs MCQs questions and answers for UPSC, SSC, and Banking exams.
|Weekly Current Affairs 2023||Current Affairs Tests||Awards & Honours 2022|
|Sports Current Affairs 2022||2023 Gov Exams Updates||Gov Exams Syllabus|
Click here for 8-14 Feb Weekly Current Affairs MCQs in Hindi
08-14 Feb Important Question – 1
Which country has secured the first position in contributing to global milk production?
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 1
The correct answer is Option C – India
- India is the largest milk producer in the world.
- It contributed 24% to global milk production in the year 2021-22.
- India’s milk production has registered a growth of 51% during the last eight years.
- The data was released by the Food and Agriculture Organization Corporate Statistics Database.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security.
- It was established on 16 October 1945 and is headquartered in Rome, Italy.
- World Food Day is observed every year on 16 October to mark the anniversary of the Food and Agriculture Organization.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 2
How many judges have been appointed by the Central Government in the Supreme Court of India?
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 2
The correct answer is Option B – Five
- The Center has appointed five new judges to the Supreme Court (SC).
- The judges of the Supreme Court are appointed by the President.
- The President appoints judges after consultation with the Chief Justice and such additional judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts as he thinks fit.
- While advising the President, the Chief Justice has to consult a collegium of at least 4 senior-most judges of the SC.
- The opinion of the Chief Justice is binding on the government.
Appointed Judges are:
- Justice Pankaj Mithal, Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court (HC).
- Patna HC Chief Justice Justice Sanjay Karol.
- Justice PV Sanjay Kumar, Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court.
- Justice Ahsanuddin Amanullah, Patna HC judge.
- Justice Manoj Mishra, Judge, Allahabad High Court.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 3
In which city did Prime Minister Modi inaugurate the Arabic Academy?
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 3
The correct answer is Option A – Mumbai
- PM Modi will inaugurate the Arabic Academy in Mumbai on 10 February 2023.
- The academy belongs to the Dawoodi Bohra community.
- Modi will share the stage with the current leader of the Dawoodi Bohra community around the world with his sanctity Syedana Mufadal Saifuddin.
- The Dawoodi Bohras are a Muslim community living in over 40 countries across the world.
- The program will be attended by guests from around the world.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 4
Which country developed the world’s first ‘super’ magnet for testing in a nuclear plant?
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 4
The correct answer is Option C – UK
- World’s first ‘super’ magnet for testing in nuclear fusion plant developed by UK’s Tokamak Energy in February 2023.
- Tokamak Energy announced that the demo magnet has a magnetic field strength that is approximately one million times stronger than Earth’s magnetic field.
- It is capable of confining and controlling the extremely hot plasma created during the nuclear fusion process.
- Nuclear fusion is a reaction in which two or more atomic nuclei are combined to form one or more different atomic nuclei and subatomic particles.
- The process releases energy because the total mass of the resulting single nucleus is less than the mass of the two original nuclei.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 5
Who was honored with the Golden Book Awards 2023 for ‘Now You Breathe’?
a) Rakhi Kapoor
b) Kamlesh Patel
c) Sneh Desai
d) Bhupendra Singh Rathore
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 5
The correct answer is Option A – Rakhi Kapoor
- Author Rakhi Kapoor has been awarded the Golden Book Awards 2023 for her book ‘Now You Breathe’ on 6 Feb 2023.
- She was also awarded the author of the year at the National Achievers Award in December 2022 at the Constitution Club of India.
- The Golden Book Awards is one of Asia’s prestigious award programs which celebrates the best works of literature.
- Golden Book Awards recognizes exceptional literary works.
- It is sponsored by Wings Publication International.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 6
Who released the book ‘The Best of Satyajit Ray’?
a) Jaico Publishing House
b) Penguin Random House India
c) Roli Books
d) Rupa Publications
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 6
The correct answer is Option B – Penguin Random House India
- A two-volume box set, ‘The Best of Satyajit Ray’ was published by Penguin Random House India in February 2023.
- It offers a glimpse into the fiction and non-fiction writings of the great filmmaker Satyajit Ray.
- The book features selections from the popular thrillers of Ray’s enduring work, the professional sleuth, Feluda, Professor Shonku’s chronology, his short stories as well as his writings on filmmaking, and his views on world and Indian cinema.
- Satyajit Ray was a great filmmaker, screenwriter, author, lyricist, graphic designer, and calligrapher.
- In 1992, he was awarded the Bharat Ratna and the Oscar for Lifetime Achievement by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 7
Which university will be the world’s first living heritage university?
a) Stanford University
b) University of Oxford
c) Harvard University
d) Visva-Bharati University
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 7
The correct answer is Option D – Visva-Bharati University
- Visva-Bharati University, established by Rabindranath Tagore in 1921, is set to become the world’s first “living heritage university”.
- The university is expected to receive the heritage tag from UNESCO in April or May 2023.
- The institute was given the status of a Central University in the year 1951 through a Central Act.
- It is the only university whose chancellor is the PM of India.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that aims to promote world peace and security through cooperation in education, the arts, and culture.
- It was established in 1945 and Audrey Azoulay is the Director General.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 8
On which day was the death anniversary of Indian social worker Baba Amte?
a) 9 February
b) 11 February
c) 7 February
d) 15 February
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 8
The correct answer is Option A – 9 February
- February 9 was the death anniversary of Indian social worker Baba Amte.
- He died on 9 February 2008.
- He founded Anandvan, an ashram dedicated to the treatment, rehabilitation, and empowerment of leprosy patients.
- He is also called the modern Gandhi of India.
- He has received several awards, including the Padma Shi (1971), the Ramon Magsaysay Award (1985), the Padma Vibhushan (1986), and the Templeton Prize (1990).
08-14 Feb Important Question – 9
Defense Ministry has tied up with which company for procurement of 41 indigenous modular bridges?
a) Tata Steel Ltd.
c) L&T Ltd.
d) Hindustan Construction
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 9
The correct answer is Option C – L&T Ltd.
- On 8 February 2023, the Defense Minister signed a contract with Larsen & Toubro (L&T) for the procurement of 41 indigenous modular bridges for the Indian Army’s Corps of Engineers.
- These bridges have been designed and developed by the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and will be manufactured by L&T Company as a DRDO-designated production agency.
- The Defense Research and Development Organization is a premier agency under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
- It is the largest and most diverse research organization in India.
- It was established in 1958 and its current president is Dr. Sameer V Kamath.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd is an Indian multinational conglomerate company with business interests in engineering, manufacturing, construction, technology, information technology, and financial services, its headquartered in Mumbai.
- Larsen & Toubro originated from a company set up in Bombay in 1946 by two Danish engineers, Henning Holck-Larsen and Søren Christian Toubro.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 10
Myanmar has tied up with which country to develop nuclear power?
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 10
The correct answer is Option B – Russia
- On 7 February 2023, the governments of Russia and Myanmar signed an agreement to develop cooperation in the field of the use of nuclear technologies for peaceful purposes.
- The agreement was signed at the Nuclear Technology Information Center in Yangon, Myanmar, a joint project between Myanmar’s Ministry of Science and Technology and the Russian Nuclear Energy Company.
- Myanmar is a Southeast Asian country with over 100 ethnic groups.
- Naypyidaw is the capital of Myanmar and its currency is Myanmar kyat.
- Myint Swe is the acting president and the prime minister is Min Aung Hlaing.
- Russia is a transcontinental country that extends across Eastern Europe and Northern Asia.
- It is the largest country in the world.
- Moscow is the capital of Russia and its currency is the Russian ruble.
- Vladimir Putin is the President; Mikhail Mishustin is the Prime Minister.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 11
Who was appointed as the new MD & CEO of Canara Bank?
a) K Satyanarayana Raju
b) LV Prabhakar
c) V. Vaidyanathan
d) Atul Kumar Goel
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 11
The correct answer is Option A – K Satyanarayana Raju
- The Union government 7 February 2023 appointed K Satyanarayana Raju as the managing director and CEO of Canara bank.
- He will replace LV Prabhakar, who resigned from his post on December 31, 2022.
- He has also served Canara bank as executive director since 10th March 2021.
- He joined the erstwhile Vijaya Bank in 1988 and served as chief general manager at the Bank of Baroda.
- The government of India nationalized Canara Bank, along with 13 other major commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1069.
- The bank also has offices in London, Dubai, and New York.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 12
India will host 108 Buddhist pilgrims coming from which country?
b) South Korea
d) Sri Lanka
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 12
The correct answer is Option B – South Korea
- A 43-day walking tour of sacred Buddhist sites in India and Nepal is being organized by the Sangwol Society of the Republic of Korea from February 9 to March 23, 2023.
- 108 Buddhist pilgrims will travel over 1,100 kilometers in 43 days as part of the pilgrimage on foot.
- The aim of the pilgrimage is to enhance friendship and cooperation between the two countries.
- South Korea, officially the Republic of Korea, is a country in East Asia.
- South Korea shares with North Korea one of the most heavily militarized borders in the world.
- Seoul is the capital of South Korea and its currency is Won.
- Yoon Suk Yeol is the President and Han Duck-soo is the Prime Minister of South Korea.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 13
In which country nearly 600 sea lions have died after the bird flu outbreak?
b) South Korea
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 13
The correct answer is Option C – Peru
- Peru announced that nearly 600 sea lions and 55,000 wild birds died of the H5N1 bird flu virus in February 2023.
- Dead birds include pelicans, different types of gulls, and penguins.
- Bird flu is a highly contagious viral disease that affects species of food-producing birds as well as domesticated birds and wild animals.
- Peru has announced biological vigilance protocols.
- It is a country in South America.
- Lima is the capital and its currency is the Peruvian sol.
- Speaker: Dina Boluret;
- Prime Minister: Alberto Otarola.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 14
NASA has made the NISAR satellite to be launched jointly with which space agency?
d) Blue Origin
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 14
The correct answer is Option B – ISRO
- An Earth-observation satellite NISAR jointly developed by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will be sent to India in February 2023 for a possible launch in September 2023.
- The NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR) satellite will provide important information on the Earth’s crust, ice sheets, and ecosystems.
- The Indian Space Research Organization is the national space agency of India, headquartered in Bangalore.
- ISRO was established on 15 August 1969 and its present chairman is S. Somnath.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the US government responsible for the civilian space program, aeronautics research, and space research.
- It was established in 1958 and is headquartered in Washington, D.C. is in
- Bill Nelson is the Administrator of NASA.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 15
Which of these journalists has been selected for the Raja Ram Mohan Roy National Award?
a) A.B.K. Prasad
b) Barkha Dutt
c) Vikram Chandra
d) Ravish Kumar
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 15
The correct answer is Option A – A.B.K. Prasad
- Veteran Journalist Dr. A.B.K. Prasad has been chosen for the prestigious “Raja Ram Mohan Roy National Award” for excellence in Journalism.
- Prasad has the honor of being the editor of all mainstream journals of Andhra Pradesh.
- He served as Chairman of the Official Language Commission from 2004 to 2009 in United Andhra Pradesh.
- This award will be given by the Press Council of India on 28 February 2023.
- The Press Council of India is a self-regulatory watchdog of the press, acting by and for the press under the Press Council Act, 1978.
- Anyone can file a complaint against any press in the Press Council of India.
- It was established in 1996 and the chairperson is Justice Ranjana Desai.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 16
Who among the following launched India’s first traffic management system for drones?
a) Skye Air
b) Civil Aviation Ministry
d) Air India
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 16
The correct answer is Option A – Skye Air
- Skye Air launched India’s first traffic management system for drones.
- It will allow drone operators to plan routes, make flight plans and assess risks before running drone-based operations.
- The solution, called Skye UTM, is a first-of-its-kind for India.
- Skye UTM is a Cloud-based aerial traffic management system that integrated unmanned air traffic with manned aviation airspace.
- Sky Airlines is an airline based at Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport in Santiago, Chile.
- The CEO of Sky Airlines is Holger Polman and it is headquartered in Santiago, Chile.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 17
Which of the following has become India’s first app to support credit cards on UPI?
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 17
The correct answer is Option D – MobiKwik
- MobiKwik becomes the first fintech app to support RuPay Credit Card on UPI.
- The integration is in line with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and the Reserve Bank of India’s vision to boost credit card acceptance across merchants that are not part of the credit ecosystem.
- RuPay Credit Cards are issued by all major banks (private and public sector) in the country.
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) is an umbrella body for retail payment operations in India.
- This organization was established by the Reserve Bank of India in association with the Indian Banks’ Association.
- It was incorporated in December 2008 with its headquarters in Mumbai.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 18
In which state Lithium deposits were found for the first time in India?
a) Himachal Pradesh
b) Jammu & Kashmir
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 18
The correct answer is Option B – Jammu & Kashmir
- The Geological Survey of India (GSI) has found lithium deposits for the first time in India’s Jammu and Kashmir.
- Lithium deposits are very critical for India as the government has been focussing on electric cars.
- Lithium is a non-ferrous metal and a key component of EV batteries.
- As per GSI, Lithium resources of 5.9 million tonnes have been found in the Salal-Haimana area of the Reasi District of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Geological Survey of India (GSI) is a scientific agency established in 1851, for conducting geological surveys and studies of India.
- It is the second oldest survey in India after the Survey of India, founded in 1767.
- Dr. S. Raju is the Director General of GSI.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 19
World Pulses Day was celebrated on which day?
a) 10 February
b) 8 February
c) 16 February
d) 26 February
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 19
The correct answer is Option A – 10 February
- The United Nations General Assembly has designated 10 Feb as World Pulses Day to recognize the importance of pulse crops.
- Pulses are the edible seeds of leguminous plants cultivated for food.
- “Pulses for a Sustainable Future” is the theme for World Pulses Day 2023.
- World Unani Day is celebrated on 11 February to mark the birth anniversary of Hakim Ajmal Khan.
- The theme for 2023 is “Unani Medicine for Public Health”.
- ‘International Darwin Day’ is celebrated every year on 12 February to commemorate the birthday of Charles Darwin.
- Thomas Alva Edison’s birth anniversary is celebrated all over the world on 11 February.
- National Women’s Day is celebrated on 13 Feb every year.
- International Epilepsy Day was observed on 13 February 2023 across the world to raise awareness about epilepsy and its impact on individuals and communities around the world.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 20
In which country the ICC T20 Women’s World Cup began on 10 February?
a) New Zealand
b) West Indies
d) South Africa
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 20
The correct answer is Option D – South Africa
- The ICC T20 Women’s World Cup is to begin in South Africa on 10th Feb 2023.
- This is the first time that the tournament is taking place in an African nation.
- The matches will be played in Cape Town, Gqeberha, and Paarl.
- The final will be played on 26th Feb at the Newlands Stadium.
- The 2023 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup is the eighth edition of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup tournament.
- A total of 10 teams are participating in two groups and a total of 33 matches will be played during the event.
- Group 1: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh
- Group 2: England, India, West Indies, Pakistan, Ireland
08-14 Feb Important Question – 21
India launched ‘Operation Dost’ to help which country?
d) Both A & B
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 21
The correct answer is Option D – Both A & B
- ‘Operation Dost’ is a rescue operation initiated by Govt of India to aid Syria and Turkey, after an earthquake hit both countries on 6 Feb 2023.
- Under the operation, India has deployed field hospitals, supplies, and rescue personnel to the earthquake-stricken countries of Turkey and Syria.
- C17 Globemaster aircraft of the Indian Air Force has also been pressed into operation.
- Syria is the only country governed by Ba’athism, an ideology that advocates Arab socialism and Arab nationalism.
- The President of Syria is Bashar al-Assad.
- Damascus is the capital of Syria and its currency is the Syrian Pound.
- Turkey is a small part of the Balkan Peninsula in Southeast Europe.
- The capital of Turkey is Ankara and its currency is Turkish Lira.
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan is the President of Turkey.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 22
Which app has been ranked as India’s most accessible app for PWDs in a report released in February?
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 22
The correct answer is Option B – WhatsApp
- WhatsApp has been named India’s most accessible app for persons with disabilities (PWD) in a report titled “Making the Digital Ecosystem Disabled Friendly” released in February 2023.
- PWD are those who have long-term impairments in terms of physical, mental, sensory, and psychological conditions.
- The report by the Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, evaluated the accessibility of ten of the most popular apps across various categories, including messaging, online payments, transport, e-commerce, and food delivery.
- As per Census 2021, PWDs contutute 2.21% of the total population.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 23
In which city did Union Minister Anurag Thakur flag off the Formula E Championship?
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 23
The correct answer is Option A – Hyderabad
- Union Minister Anurag Thakur flagged off the Formula E-Championship in Hyderabad on 11 February 2023.
- Hyderabad is hosting India’s first Formula E-Race.
- The Hyderabad E-Prix is being held at the ‘Hyderabad Street Circuit’ on the banks of the picturesque Hussain Sagar Lake and NTR Marg.
- Formula E is the single-seater motorsport championship for electric cars.
- The inaugural championship race was held in Beijing in September 2014.
- From 2020, the series has FIA World Championship status.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 24
ADB approved a $130 million loan to promote horticulture in which state?
a) Tamil Nadu
c) Himachal Pradesh
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 24
The correct answer is Option C – Himachal Pradesh
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $130 million loan for Himachal Pradesh (HP).
- It will be used to enhance agricultural productivity and farmers’ income and promote horticulture agribusiness in the state.
- It will be used for HP Subtropical Horticulture, Irrigation, and Value Addition Project.
- ADB is a regional multilateral financial institution focused on countries in the Asia and Pacific region.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, headquartered in Manila, Philippines.
- Masatsugu Asakawa is the President of the Asian Development Bank.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 25
Which country declared a ‘state of disaster’ over the power crisis?
a) South African
b) Sri Lanka
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 25
The correct answer is Option A – South African
- South African President Cyril Ramaphosa declared a national “state of disaster” on 9 February 2023 over power shortages in the country.
- South Africa is currently facing several crises, including issues such as the power crisis, unemployment, etc.
- South Africa is a country located at the southernmost tip of the African continent.
- South Africa has three capital cities, in which the executive, judicial and legislative branches of government are located, Pretoria, Bloemfontein, and Cape Town respectively.
- The rand has been the legal tender currency in South Africa since 1961 when it replaced the South African pound.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 26
Where is the World Government Summit 2023 going to start?
b) New Delhi
c) New York
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 26
The correct answer is Option A – Dubai
- The World Government Summit 2023 is scheduled to begin on 13 February 2023 in Dubai.
- It is a global forum held annually in Dubai.
- The World Government Summit 2023 will be held under the theme of “Shaping Future Governments”.
- Dubai is the most populous city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- Abu Dhabi is the country’s capital, while Dheereham is the currency.
- The President is Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and the Prime Minister is Mohamed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 27
On which day National Women’s Day is celebrated?
a) 11 March
b) 17 February
c) 13 February
d) 13 January
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 27
The correct answer is Option C – 13 February
- This day is celebrated every year on 13 February.
- It is celebrated to honor the achievements of women in the country, especially in the fields of politics, culture, and economy.
- In recognition of Sarojini Naidu’s contribution to the women’s rights and independence movement, her birthday is celebrated as Women’s Day in India.
- Sarojini Naidu was an Indian independence activist and poet, born on February 13, 1879, in Hyderabad.
- She was also known as the “Nightingale of India”.
- She was the first Indian woman to become the president of the Indian National Congress and the first woman governor of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 28
Which country’s researchers discovered the invisible Galaxy?
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 28
The correct answer is Option C – Italy
- Italian researchers have discovered a Black Galaxy or Invisible Galaxy using ALMA.
- The galaxy is termed invisible because the light emitted couldn’t be seen from the earth.
- The Galaxy is forming new stars at the rate of 1000 times the Milky Way.
- ALMA (Atacama Large Millimeter Array) is an astronomical interferometer of 66 radio telescopes in the Atacama Desert.
- The Atacama Desert is a desert plateau in South America, covering a 1,600 km (990 mi) strip of land on the Pacific coast west of the Andes Mountains.
- The Atacama Desert is the driest non-polar desert in the world and the second driest overall.
- Italy is a country in Southern and Western Europe.
- Rome is the capital of Italy and its currency is Euro.
- The President is Sergio Mattarella and the Prime Minister is Giorgia Meloni.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 29
Who inaugurated the 14th edition of Aero India 2023 in Bengaluru?
a) Narendra Modi
b) Droupadi Murmu
c) Rajnath Singh
d) Amit Shah
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 29
The correct answer is Option A – Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 14th edition of Aero India on 13 February 2023.
- It is being conducted at Air Force Station, Yelahanka, Bengaluru.
- The theme of Aero India 2023 is “The Runway to a Billion Opportunities”.
- In line with PM’s vision of ‘Make in India, Make for the World’, the event will focus on showcasing indigenous technologies and partnering with foreign companies.
- The Chief of the Air Staff is Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhary.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 30
What is the theme of World Radio Day for 2023?
a) Peace on Radio
b) Radio and Peace
c) Global Radio
d) Peace on Air
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 30
The correct answer is Option B – Radio and Peace
- The theme for the 12th edition of World Radio Day 2023 is “Radio and Peace”, highlighting independent radio as a pillar for conflict prevention.
- World Radio Day is celebrated on 13 February to raise awareness about the importance of radio.
- The day was decided by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) during its 36th conference on 3 November 2011.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 31
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited supplied Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) Mark-III to which country?
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 31
The correct answer is Option C – Mauritius
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) delivered an Advanced Light Helicopter Mark III variant to the Government of Mauritius in February 2023.
- HAL signed a contract with the Government of Mauritius for the export of one ALH-MK3 in January 2022.
- It is a multi-role, multi-mission versatile helicopter in the 5.5-tonne category and is equipped with advanced radars, electro-optical sensors, and Shakti engines.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is an Indian state-owned aerospace and defense company under the Ministry of Defense of the Government of India, headquartered in Bangalore.
- Established on 23 December 1940, HAL started manufacturing aircraft as early as 1942.
- R. Madhavan is the Chairperson & MD of HAL.
- Mauritius, an Indian Ocean island nation, is known for its beaches, lagoons, and reefs.
- Port Louis is the capital and the Mauritian rupee is the currency of Mauritius.
- Prithviraj Singh Rupan is the President and Pravind Jagannath is the Prime Minister.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 32
Which state to host the International Conference on Urban River Conservation on 13 and 14 February?
b) New Delhi
c) Madhya Pradesh
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 32
The correct answer is Option A – Maharashtra
- Maharashtra will host a first-of-its-kind two-day international conference, DHARA 2023 in Pune, on 13 and 14 Feb 2023 on urban river conservation.
- DHARA (Driving Holistic Action for Urban Rivers) is the annual meeting of the members of the River Cities Alliance (RCA).
- It is organized by the National Mission for Clean Ganga in association with the National Institute of Urban Affairs.
- River Cities Alliance (RCA) was launched in 2021 as a dedicated platform for river cities of India for discussion and exchange of information for sustainable management of urban rivers.
- It started with 30 cities in 2021 and currently has 95 cities as members across India.
- It is formed by the successful partnership of the two ministries, the Ministry of Jal Shakti and the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 33
Recently Lalita Lajmi passed away, from which field she was related?
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 33
The correct answer is Option B – Painter
- Noted painter Lalita Lajmi passed away in February 2023.
- She held several exhibitions at international art galleries in Paris, London, and Netherlands.
- Her works were also influenced by Indian films such as those made by Guru Dutt, Satyajit Ray, and Raj Kapoor.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 34
Which player fetched the highest bid of Rs 2.5 crore in the Women’s Premier League auction?
a) Smriti Mandhana
b) Mithali Raj
c) Harmanpreet Kaur
d) Deepti Sharma
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 34
The correct answer is Option A – Smriti Mandhana
- Smriti Mandhana secured the highest bid of Rs 2.5 crore at the first-ever Women’s Premier League (WPL) 2023 auction in Mumbai on 13 February 2023.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore have named Smriti Mandhana captain for the inaugural edition of the Women’s Premier League (WPL).
- Ten India women’s team cricketers were sold for more than Rs 1 crore.
- The first season will be played in March 2023 in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai in which five franchises will participate.
- Three of the five franchises, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Capitals, and Mumbai Indians, also have teams in the men’s IPL.
- Mumbai Indians signed India captain Harmanpreet Kaur for Rs 1.8 crore.
- It is owned and operated by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
08-14 Feb Important Question – 35
Which state topped the medal table in Khelo India Youth Games-2022?
b) Madhya Pradesh
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 35
The correct answer is Option C – Maharashtra
- Maharashtra stood first in the medals table by winning 161 medals including 56 gold.
- Khelo India Youth Games-2022 ends on 11 February 2023 in Bhopal.
- Haryana came second with 128 medals including 41 gold and hosts Madhya Pradesh came to the third position with 96 medals including 39 gold.
- Khelo India Youth Games are annual national-level multidisciplinary grassroots sports in India.
- Its first inauguration ceremony was organized by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Delhi in 2018.
- They are conducted in January or February for two categories, namely under-17-year-old school students and under-21 college students.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 36
Which country will send its first female astronauts to space?
b) Saudi Arabia
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 36
The correct answer is Option B – Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia will send its first female astronaut on a space mission in late 2023.
- Rayyana Barnawi will join fellow Saudi male astronaut Ali Al-Qarni on a mission to the International Space Station (ISS).
- The astronauts will join the crew of the AX-2 space mission and the space flight will launch from the USA.
- Saudi Arabia is a country in Western Asia.
- Its capital and largest city is Riyadh and the currency is Riyal.
- The Crown Prince and Prime Minister is Mohammed bin Salman.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 37
Who was elected the new President of Bangladesh?
a) Mohammad Shahabuddin
b) Muhammad Jamiruddin Sircar
c) Sheikh Hasina
d) Mohammad Abdul Hamid
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 37
The correct answer is Option A – Mohammad Shahabuddin
- The Election Commission of Bangladesh on 13 February 2023, announced that the Awami League party nominee, Mohammad Shahabuddin was elected unopposed as the 22nd president of Bangladesh.
- He was the only candidate to file his nomination after the time for nomination and withdrawal was over.
- He will replace incumbent President Mohammad Abdul Hamid, the longest-serving president of the country.
- Bangladesh is a country in South Asia.
- Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh and its currency is Bangladeshi Taka.
- The Prime Minister of Bangladesh is Sheikh Hasina.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 38
Where will India’s first National Metro Rail Knowledge Center be built?
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 38
The correct answer is Option D – Delhi
- India’s first National Metro Rail Knowledge Center will be located at the Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station in Delhi and built on a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- GA Infra Pvt Ltd has been awarded the contract to design and build the country’s first National Metro Rail Knowledge Center in February 2023.
- This Centre will provide training and capacity-building opportunities for metro rail professionals.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 39
Who was awarded the UNESCO Peace Prize in Ivory Coast?
a) PM Narendra Modi
b) Joe Bidden
c) Angela Markel
d) Vladimir Putin
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 39
The correct answer is Option C – Angela Markel
- Former German chancellor Angela Merkel awarded the Felix Houphouet-Boigny UNESCO Peace Prize in Yamoussoukro, Ivory Coast in February 2023.
- Angela Merkel is a German former politician and scientist who served as Chancellor of Germany from 2005 to 2021.
- She implemented a “open-door” refugee policy in Germany by allowing more than 1.2 million migrants to enter in Germany between 2015-2016.
- Cote D’Ivoire of Ivory Coast is a country in West Africa.
- Yamoussoukro is the capital and the currency is the CFA franc.
- Alassane Ouattara is the President and the prime Minister is Patrick Achi.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 40
Who among the following has been named the ICC Player of the Month for January 2023?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Shubman Gill
d) Jasprit Bumrah
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 40
The correct answer is Option C – Shubman Gill
- Indian batter Shubman Gill was named ICC Men’s Player of the Month for January 2023.
- Gill scored 567 runs during January 2023 which included three centuries.
- England Under-19 captain Grace Scrivens was named the ICC Women’s Player of the Month, becoming the youngest player ever to be nominated for the honor.
- She was named for her performance in the ICC U-19 Women’s T20 World Cup 2023.
- ICC is the global governing body of cricket.
- It was founded in 1909 as the Imperial Cricket Conference by representatives from Australia, England, and South Africa.
- In 1965 it was renamed the International Cricket Conference and in 1987 the International Cricket Council.
- Greg Barclay is the president and the general manager is Wasim Khan.
08-14 Feb Important Question – 41
Who among the following launched a G20-themed QR code to celebrate India’s G20 chairmanship?
d) Bharat pay
08-14 Feb Important Answers – 41
The correct answer is Option C – Paytm
- Paytm has launched a special G20-theme QR Code to celebrate India’s G20 presidency and the country’s leadership in mobile payments.
- It was launched by Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw during the ‘Digital Payment Utsav’ 2023.
- The special commemorative QR code includes the logo of MeitY’s ‘DigiDhan Mission’ as well as the logos of G20 2023 and India’s 75th year of independence.
- Paytm is an Indian multinational financial technology company specializing in digital payments and financial services.
- It was founded in 2010 by Vijay Shekhar Sharma under One97 Communications.
Which country’s Eoin Morgan announced all format retirement in July 2022 after international retirement?
Answer:- Eoin Morgan, who led England to their first-ever ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup title in 2019, announced his retirement form professional cricket on 13 Feb 2023.
He is England’s leading run-scorer with 6957 runs in 225 ODIs with 13 hundred and the most successful captain in ODIs, with 76 wins from 126 matches.
Have You Downloaded Our App?
Best Courses & Test-series at Affordable Prices
Nishant eAcademy App
- Topic-wise Recorded Video-Classes
- Topic-wise Practice Test
- Full-Length Mock-Test
- Doubt Batch
|Weekly Current Affairs 2023||Current Affairs Tests||Awards & Honours 2022|
|Sports Current Affairs 2022||2023 Gov Exams Updates||Gov Exams Syllabus|
Free Jobs & Exams Preparation
Updates || Videos || Solved Papers