1-7 Jan Weekly Current Affairs MCQs – 1-7 Jan all Important Current Affairs Questions and Answers with detailed explanation – Important weekly current affairs question with Solution – Weekly current affairs important questions pdf download – Important weekly MCQs with the solution for all types of Competitive exams – Important weekly quiz 2023 – Important weekly current affairs 2023 pdf – Weekly Current affairs explained questions for all types of Competitive exams – 1Jan to 7Jan All Important current affairs – 1Jan to 7Jan Important questions and answers – All Important Weekly current affairs questions for all government exams 2023
|Weekly Current Affairs 2023||Current Affairs Tests||Awards & Honours 2022|
|Sports Current Affairs 2022||2023 Gov Exams Updates||Gov Exams Syllabus|
1-7 Jan Weekly Current Affairs MCQs in English
In this post, we are providing students with 1-7 January Important Current Affairs MCQs questions and answers for UPSC, SSC and Banking exams.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 1
In which of the following city the 108th Indian Science Congress will be held?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 1
The correct answer is Option b – Nagpur
- The 108th Indian Science Congress will be held in Nagpur.
- The 108th Indian National Science Congress will be organized by the Indian Science Congress Association from 3 to 7 January 2023 at Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University.
- It was organized with a view that scientific research in India would be encouraged.
- Every year its members meet in the first week of January.
- The theme of the 108th Indian Science Congress 2023 is Science and Technology for Sustainable Development with Women’s Empowerment.
- The 107th Indian Science Congress 2022 was held in Bangalore.
- The first Indian Science Congress was held at the Asiatic Society in Calcutta in 1914.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 2
Who has taken over the additional charge of the Director General of BSF?
a) Sujoy Lal Thaosen
b) Pankaj Kumar Singh
c) M A Ganapathy
d) Sheel Vardhan Singh
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 2
The correct answer is Option A – Sujoy Lal Thaosen
- Sujoy Lal Thousen, Director General of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), took additional charge as the Director General of the Border Security Force (BSF).
- The current BSF Director General Pankaj Kumar Singh retired on 31 December 2022.
- Sujoy Lal Thousen is a 1988 batch officer of MP cadre.
- BSF was established on 1 December 1965 after the India-Pakistan war of 1965.
- It is deployed along the international border with Bangladesh and Pakistan.
- BSF is also known as the nation’s ‘first line of defence’.
- It is the world’s largest border force in the world.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 3
In which of the following city India’s first underwater metro will start?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 3
The correct answer is Option C – Kolkata
- India’s first underwater metro will start in Kolkata.
- The East-West Metro Corridor project, India’s first underwater metro service, is expected to be completed by December 2023.
- The Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation is executing the project.
- The metro line will connect Salt Lake to Howrah via Kolkata with a section under the Hooghly River.
- The first metro rail system in India was also started in Kolkata in 1984 from Dum Dum to Tollygunge.
- Kolkata is the capital of West Bengal.
- The Chief Minister of West Bengal is Mamata Banerjee.
- West Bengal Governor Dr. C.V. Anand Bose.
Have You Downloaded Our App?
Best Courses & Test-series at Affordable Prices
Nishant eAcademy App
- Topic-wise Recorded Video-Classes
- Topic-wise Practice Test
- Full-Length Mock-Test
- Doubt Batch
1-8 Jan Important Question – 4
Who was appointed as the chairman of the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB)?
a) Pankaj Mohan
b) Dinesh Kumar Shukla
c) Ajay Srivastava
d) Pankaj Kumar Singh
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 4
The correct answer is Option B – Dinesh Kumar Shukla
- Former Executive Director of the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) and eminent scientist Dinesh Kumar Shukla assumed charge as the Chairman of AERB in December 2022.
- He has been appointed to this post for 3 years.
- Atomic Energy Regulatory Board was constituted on November 15, 1983, by the President of India by exercising the powers conferred by the Atomic Energy Act, 1962 to carry out certain regulatory and safety functions under the Act.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 5
Which space agency launched the first 54 Starlink v2.0 satellites into space?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 5
The correct answer is Option C – SpaceX
- SpaceX launched the first 54 Starlink v2.0 satellites into space.
- It was launched on 28 December 2022 by SpaceX Falcon 9 launch vehicle.
- It took place from the SLC-40 launch pad at the US Air Force Base at Cape Canaveral.
- The Starlink satellites aim to provide internet access to different parts of the world.
- SpaceX was founded in 2002 by Elon Musk with the stated goal of reducing space transportation costs to enable the colonization of Mars.
- CEO: Elon Musk;
- Founders: Elon Musk, Tom Mueller;
- Headquarters: Hawthorne, California, United States.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 6
Lula da Silva was sworn in as the President of which country for the third time?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 6
The correct answer is Option A – Brazil
- Lula da Silva was sworn in as the President of Brazil for the third time on 1 January 2023 for a term of 4 years.
- Lula previously led the country from 2003 to 2010.
- He defeated the current President Jair Bolsonaro.
- Brazil, officially the Federative Republic of Brazil, is the largest country in both South America and Latin America.
- Brazil is the fifth largest country in the world by area and the seventh most populous country.
- Geraldo Alcmin was sworn in as Vice President of Brazil.
- Capital of Brazil: Brasilia;
- Currency of Brazil: Brazilian Real.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 7
Which country joined the Schengen Area by adopting the Euro as the currency of the European Union?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 7
The correct answer is Option C – Croatia
- Croatia adopted the euro, the common currency of the European Union (EU), on January 1, 2023, and joined the Schengen Area, Europe’s visa-free travel area.
- With this, Croatia became a fully integrated member of the EU.
- The Schengen Area refers to an area where 27 European countries eliminated their internal borders for the free and unrestricted movement of people.
- The country joined the EU in 2013.
- Croatia, officially the Republic of Croatia, is a country located at the crossroads of Central and Southeast Europe.
- Its only coast is on the Adriatic Sea.
- Capital of Croatia: Zagreb;
- President of Croatia: Zoran Milanovic;
- Prime Minister of Croatia: Andrej Plenkovic.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 8
Who has become the new MD & CEO of Indian Overseas Bank?
a) Pankaj Mohan
b) Ajay Kumar Srivastava
c) Kamala Vardhan Rao
d) Dinesh Kumar Shukla
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 8
The correct answer is Option B – Ajay Kumar Srivastava
- Ajay Kumar Srivastava has been promoted to the Managing Director and CEO of Indian Overseas Bank with effect from January 1, 2023, from his present posting as Executive Director.
- He started his banking career as a probationary officer in 1991 with Allahabad Bank.
- Founded in February 1937 by M. Ct. M. Chidambaram Chettyar.
- Founder: M. Ct. M. Chidambaram Chettyar;
- Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 9
Who among the following has taken over the Western Command of the Indian Air Force?
a) Pankaj Mohan
b) VR Chaudhary
c) Sujoy Lal Thaosen
d) Ajay Kumar
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 9
The correct answer is Option A – Pankaj Mohan
- Air Marshal Pankaj Mohan took over the command of IAF (Indian Air Force) Western.
- He was commissioned into the Indian Air Force in June 1985 as a fighter pilot.
- He is an alumnus of the prestigious Defence Services Staff College, Wellington.
- He is a recipient of ‘The Vishisht Seva Medal’ and ‘Ati Vishisht Seva Medal’.
- The Indian Air Force was established on 8 October 1932.
- Sinha replaced Air Marshal S Prabhakaran.
- The Chief of Air Staff is Air Chief Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhary.
- Headquarters of Eastern Command: Shillong;
- Headquarters of Southern Command: Thiruvananthapuram;
- Headquarters of South Western Command: Gandhinagar;
- Headquarters of Training Command: Bengaluru.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 10
How many years anniversary of the Battle of Koregaon Bhima was celebrated?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 10
The correct answer is Option D – 205th
- The 205th anniversary of the Battle of Koregaon Bhima was celebrated.
- The Battle of Koregaon Bhima was fought on January 1, 1818.
- The battle was fought between Peshwa Bajirao II and the British army commanded by Captain FF Staunton of the East India Company.
- The battle was a part of the Third Anglo-Maratha War.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 11
Global Family Day is observed on which day?
a) 3 January
b) 1 January
c) 7 January
d) 5 January
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 11
The correct answer is Option B – 1 January
- Global Family Day 2023 celebrated annually on 1 January promotes peace, love, and unity among people.
- A book titled “One Day In Peace – January 1, 2000”, published by United Nations, served as the inspiration for the concept, which was first proposed in November 1997.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) celebrated its 65th foundation day on 1st January 2023.
- January 1 was the 129th birth anniversary of Padma Vibhushan awarded to scientist Satyendra Nath Bose.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 12
Yo-yo test will be mandatory for the players of which sports for selection in the national team?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 12
The correct answer is Option B – Cricket
- The new rule made Yo-Yo test mandatory for players to be selected for the national team.
- Players must also take a ‘DEXA’ before being selected.
- The Yo-Yo test is an aerobic endurance fitness test.
- DEXA is a Bone density test.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is the national governing body for cricket in India.
- The BCCI was formed in December 1928 as a society.
- The Headquarters of BCCI is in Mumbai.
- The President of BCCI is Roger Binny.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 13
In which state the Election Commission (EC) launched ‘Mission 929’ to increase the voting percentage above 90%?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 13
The correct answer is Option C – Tripura
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) has started ‘Mission 929’ in Tripura.
- It will focus on 929 polling booths across Tripura with a target increase the voter turnout to 92% in the next assembly elections.
- These booths recorded a voter turnout of less than 89% in the 2018 assembly polls.
- Chief Election Commissioner of India: Rajiv Kumar;
- Capital of Tripura: Agartala;
- Chief minister of Tripura: Manik Saha;
- Governor of Tripura: Satyadeo Narain Arya.
Syllabus for Competitive and Government Exams
1-8 Jan Important Question – 14
Which of the following states has launched the Chief Minister’s Sukhashraya Sahayata Kosh?
b) Himachal Pradesh
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 14
The correct answer is Option B – Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh govt. announced to set up Rs 101 crore CM’s Sukhashraya Sahayata Kosh for the destitute in the state.
- The scheme will aim to provide the facility of higher education to needy children and destitute women.
- The state will bear the expenditure on skill development and education of such children.
- All the Ministers and Congress MLA will contribute their first salary to the fund.
- It became the 18th state of India on 25 January 1971.
- Chief minister: Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu;
- Official animal: Snow leopard;
- Capitals: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter);
- Governor: Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 15
Which of the following state has become the first state to have separate registration for vintage vehicles?
b) Himachal Pradesh
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 15
The correct answer is Option C – Odisha
- Odisha became the ever Indian state to have a separate registration process for vintage vehicles (both two and four-wheelers).
- A separate provision under Central Motor Vehicles (CMV) Rules, 1989 was made by the ministry of road transport and highways for this purpose.
- Under the CMV, 50 years old vehicles from the date of their first registration would be defined as vintage motor vehicles.
- Governor of Odisha: Ganeshi Lal;
- Capital of Odisha: Bhubaneswar;
- The chief minister of Odisha: Naveen Patnaik.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 16
With which country did India sign an agreement on migration and mobility?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 16
The correct answer is Option A – Austria
- India has signed a Comprehensive Migration and Mobility Partnership Agreement with Austria.
- It has similar agreements with France, UK, Germany, and Finland.
- Austria is a part of the European Union since 1995.
- Austria is a landlocked country.
- Capital of Austria: Vienna;
- Currency of Austria: Euro;
- President of Austria: Alexander Van der Bellen.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 17
Who became the 78th Grandmaster of India?
a) V Pranav
b) Koustav Chatterjee
c) Bharath Subramaniyam
d) Mitrabha Guha
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 17
The correct answer is Option B – Koustav Chatterjee
- Kaustav Chatterjee became India’s 78th Grandmaster at the MPL 59th National Senior Chess Championship in New Delhi.
- The 19-year-old drew his game against GM Mitrabha Guha.
- Kolkata-based Kaustav became the tenth Grandmaster from West Bengal.
- Kaustav earned his first GM criterium at the Sheikh Russel GM 2021 in Bangladesh.
- Achieved his second GM norm at the Asian Continental Championship 2022.
- Aditya Mittal becomes India’s 77th GM of India.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 18
Which country’s railway is introducing hydrogen-powered trains on the heritage line?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 18
The correct answer is Option B – India
- The Ministry of Indian Railways has announced a plan to introduce hydrogen power trains on its heritage lines.
- Eight heritage roots have been identified for the introduction of these trains.
- This plan is called ” Hydrogen for Heritage”.
- Types of Hydrogen fuel:
- Green hydrogen is produced through electrolysis using renewable sources of energy such as solar, wind, or hydel power.
- Grey hydrogen is generated through fossil fuels such as coal and gas.
- Blue hydrogen is produced using electricity generated by burning fossil fuel but with technologies to prevent the carbon released in the process from entering the atmosphere.
- Germany has launched the world’s first fleet of hydrogen-powered passenger trains in the state of Lower Saxony.
- Railway Ministry has outlined a five-pronged plan to become carbon-neutral by 2020.
Click the below Ads to Download
The download begins after clicking the Ads above
1-8 Jan Important Question – 19
Which of these northeastern states celebrates the Gaan Ngai festival?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 19
The correct answer is Option A – Manipur
- The Gan Ngai festival is a major event in Manipur, celebrated every year after the harvest season by the Zeliangrong community.
- On January 4, 2023, the community will come together to express gratitude for a good harvest and pray for a prosperous year ahead.
- The festival is celebrated for a full 5 days, usually in the month of December or January.
- The exact date varies from year to year.
- Imphal is the Capital of Manipur.
- N. Biren Singh is the Chief Minister of Manipur.
- La. Ganesan is the Governor of Manipur.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 20
In which state did President Murmu inaugurate the 18th National Scouts and Guides Jamboree?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 20
The correct answer is Option B – Rajasthan
- President Murmu inaugurated the Jamboree, at Rohat in the Pali district of Rajasthan on January 4, 2023.
- The Jamboree is a National level gathering of the Scouts and Guides conducted once in 4 years or to mark special occasions.
- Rajasthan is hosting Jamboree after 66 years.
- 17th National Jamboree organized in Mysore, Karnataka.
- Over 35,000 scouts and guides from all over the country will participate.
- A smart jamboree village has been set up with all the facilities in a 220-hectare area at Nimble village.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 21
The famous Sumitra Sen who passed away recently was related to which field?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 21
The correct answer is Option B – Singer
- The Rabindra Sangeet exponent is known for her rendition of songs like Jokhon Porbe Na Mor, Sokhi Vabona Kahare Bole, and Mone Ki Dwidha.
- She was honored with the Sangeet Mahasamman award by the West Bengal government in 2012.
- Rabindra Sangeet, also known as Tagore Songs, are songs from the Indian subcontinent written and composed by the Bengali Polymath Rabindranath Tagore.
- The music is mostly based on Hindustani classical music, Carnatic music, Western tunes, and the inherent folk music of Bengal.
- Mamta Benerjee is the Cheif Minister of West Bengal.
- CV Ananda Bose is the Governor of West Bengal.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 22
On which day the World Braille Day observed?
a) 4 January
b) 2 January
c) 1 January
d) 5 January
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 22
The correct answer is Option A – 4 January
- World Braille Day is observed every year on January 4.
- It is observed to raise awareness about the importance of Braille as a means of communication for visually impaired people.
- Braille code is a form of written language that uses raised dots for characters.
- The day commemorates the birth anniversary of French educator Louis Braille, Who invented the Braille language in the year 1809.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 23
Which state government has launched Chief Minister’s Residential Land Rights Scheme?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 23
The correct answer is Option A – MP
- MP Government will provide plots of land free of cost to families which do not own a house.
- The plots will be allotted in the name of both husband and wife, and no premium will be charged.
- The average size of the plot under the scheme will be around 600 sq ft but it will vary a bit depending on the availability of land.
- The capital of MP is Bhopal.
- The Chief Minister of MP is Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- The Governor of MP is Mangubhai C. Patel.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 24
Which of the following country has become the first country in Asia to launch a hydrogen-powered train?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 24
The correct answer is Option C – China
- China has become the first country in Asia and second in the world to launch Hydrogen powered urban trains.
- Chinese train has a top speed of 160km per hour and can run without refueling for 600km.
- China officially the People’s Republic of China (PRC), is a country in East Asia.
- Capital of China: Beijing;
- President of China: Xi Jinping;
- Germany was the first country to introduce hydrogen-powered trains in September 2022.
- The German train developed by French company Alstom has set a record 1175 km range without refueling.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 25
Which country takes over the leadership of the Asian Pacific Postal Union?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 25
The correct answer is Option B – India
- India will take over the leadership of the Asian Pacific Postal Union (APPU) in January 2023.
- This is the first time an Indian is leading an international organization in the postal sector.
- Dr. Vinaya Prakash Singh, erstwhile Member (Personnel) of, the Postal Services Board will take over the charge of Secretary General of the Union for a tenure of four years.
- APPU is an intergovernmental organization of 32 member countries of the Asian-Pacific region.
- It was formed by an International treaty through an Asian-Pacific Postal Convention signed in Yogyakarta in 1981.
- Headquarters of APPU: Bangkok, Thailand.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 26
In which state did the Defense Minister inaugurate the Siyom Bridge?
a) Himachal Pradesh
c) Arunachal Pradesh
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 26
The correct answer is Option C – Arunachal
- Defence minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the Siyom bridge in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Siyom bridge on the Along-Yinkiong Road- a 100-meter ‘Class-70’ steel arch superstructure will facilitate faster induction of troops and heavy equipment to forward areas of the Upper Siang district, tuting and Yinkiong regions along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- It was build by Border Roads Organisation.
- Border Roads Organisation (BRO) is engaged in road construction to provide connectivity to difficult and inaccessible regions in the border areas of the country.
- BRO also develops road networks in friendly neighboring countries.
- BRO war formed in 1960.
- BRO headquarters in New Delhi.
- Capital of Arunachal Pradesh: Itanagar;
- Chief minister of Arunachal Pradesh: Pema Khandu;
- Governor of Arunachal Pradesh: Brig B. D. Mishra.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 27
Who among the following is the first woman officer to be posted in Siachen Glacier?
a) Abhilasha Barak
b) Shiva Chouhan
c) Priyanka Chouhan
d) Avani Chaturvedi
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 27
The correct answer is Option B – Shiva Chouhan
- Captain Shiva Chouhan became the first woman officer to get the operationally highest battlefield.
- The team of Sappers led by Capt Shiva will be deployed at the post for 3 months.
- Capt. Chouhan from Rajasthan is a Bengal Sapper Officer commissioned in May 2021.
- Before her deployment, Chouhan was put through a rigorous one-month training at the Siachen Battle School alongside other officers of the Indian Army.
- The Siachen Glacier is a glacier located in the eastern Karakoram range in the Himalayas.
- It is the longest glacier in the Karakoram and the second-longest in the world’s non-polar areas.
- The entire Siachen Glacier, with all major passes, has been under the administration of India (currently as part of the union territory of Ladakh, located in the Kashmir region) since 1984.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 28
Which of these trains has been renamed as Akshardham Express?
a) Sampark Kranti Express
b) Janta Express
c) Gatimaan Express
d) Shram Shkti Express
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 28
The correct answer is Option A – Sampark Kranti Express
- Sampark Kranti Express train which runs between Ahmedabad and Delhi will be renamed as the Akshardham Express.
- The decision was taken in honour of Pramukh Swami Maharaj who is the spiritual guru of the BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha.
- Bochasanwasi Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha is a Hindu denomination within the Swaminarayan Sampradaya.
- It was formed in 1905 by Yagnapurushdas.
- Shri Ashwini Vaishnav is the Minister of Railways.
if you face any issues in downloading pdfs,
Join our Telegram Channel to download the pdf directly
Join Telegram Channel
1-8 Jan Important Question – 29
Which country became the theme country of the 46th International Kolkata Book Fair?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 29
The correct answer is Option A – Spain
- Spain is going to be the theme country for the 46th International Kolkata Book Fair.
- The International Kolkata Book Fair (formerly Calcutta Book Fair) is a winter fair in Kolkata.
- The fair will be held from Jan 31 to Feb 12, 2023, at the Central Park Mela Ground, which has been newly named Boimela Prangan, in Salt Lake near Kolkata.
- For the first time, rare ‘punthis’ (old handwritten manuscripts) of Bengal will be exhibited.
- It is a unique book fair in the sense of not being a trade fair—the book fair is primarily for the general public rather than whole-sale distributors.
- It is the world’s largest non-trade book fair, Asia’s largest book fair, and the most attended book fair.
- Spain is the second-largest country in the European Union (EU).
- Capital of Spain: Madrid;
- PM of Spain: Pedro Sanchez;
- King of Spain: Felipe VI.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 30
Which district administration of Jammu and Kashmir has launched the e-library?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 30
The correct answer is Option C – Doda
- Doda district administration has launched an e-library to benefit thousands of students of the district.
- It will provide them with notes and study material prepared by the best subject matter specialists in the district.
- The feat has been achieved under the ADBHUT Doda Champaign of the district.
- Jammu and Kashmir is a region administered by India as a union territory.
- The capital of Jammu and Kashmir is Srinagar (May–October) and Jammu (Nov-April).
- The Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir is Manoj Sinha.
- The number of districts in Jammu and Kashmir is 20.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 31
The 36th Strategic Dialogue between India and which country was held in New Delhi?
d) Saudi Arabia
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 31
The correct answer is Option B – France
- India and France took stock of their overall security cooperation during a high-level dialogue on Jan 5, 2023.
- National Security Advisor Ajit Doval led the India delegation while the French delegation was led by Diplomatic Advisor to the French President, Mr. Emmanuel Bonne.
- The last edition of the Strategic Dialogue was held in November 2021 in Paris.
- President of France: Emmanuel Macron;
- Capital of France: Paris;
- Prime Minister of France: Élisabeth Borne.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 32
Walter Cunningham, who died at the age of 90 was related to which field?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 32
The correct answer is Option A – Astronaut
- Walter Cunningham, the last surviving astronaut from the first successful crewed space mission in NASA’s Apollo program, died at the age of 90 on 3 January 2023.
- Apollo 7 was the first crewed flight of an Apollo spacecraft.
- It was launched in 1968 by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is an independent agency of the US federal government responsible for the civilian space program, aeronautics research, and space research.
- NASA was established in 1958.
- Bill Nelson was sworn in as the 14th NASA Administrator.
- NASA’s Headquarters Washington, D.C.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 33
In which state will the 26th National Youth Festival be held?
a) West Bengal
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 33
The correct answer is Option B – Karnataka
- India’s 26th National Youth Festival will take place at Hubballi-Dharwad in Karnataka.
- It will be celebrated from 12th to 16th January 2023.
- Prime Minister Modi will inaugurate the 26th National Youth Festival.
- The youth festival marked the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda which falls on 12 January.
- Vivekananda became a popular figure after the 1893 Parliament of Religions in Chicago, where he began his famous speech with the words, “Sisters and brothers of America…”
- Vivekananda founded the Ramakrishna Math.
- The Governor of Karnataka is Thawar Chand Gehlot.
- The chief minister of Karnataka is Basavaraj Bommai.
- The capital of Karnataka is Bengaluru.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 34
The cabinet approved the renaming of which airport in Goa after Manohar Parrikar?
a) Dabolim Airport
b) Kozhikode Airport
c) Mopa Airport
d) Nashik Airport
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 34
The correct answer is Option C – Mopa Airport
- The Uni Cabinet gave ex-post facto approval for the naming of Greenfield International Airport Mopa in Goa.
- As Manohar International Airport is a mark of tribute to the former Defence Minister and four-time Chief Minister.
- Manohar was awarded Padma Bhushan posthumously in Jan 2020.
- Manohar International Airport is the 2nd airport in Goa after Dabolim Airport.
- The current CM of Goa is Pramod Sawant.
- The Governor of Goa is P. S. Sreedharan Pillai.
- Panaji is the Capital of Goa.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 35
What is the name of the world’s longest river cruise which was launched by PM Modi?
a) Ganga Niwas
b) Ganga Vilas
c) River House
d) PM Vilas
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 35
The correct answer is Option B – Ganga Vilas
- PM Modi will launch the world’s longest river cruise, “Ganga Vilas” from Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh to Dibrugarh (Assam) on 13th Jan 2023.
- It will make stops at more than 50 significant architectural locations including World Heritage Sites, as it will travel through rivers of India and Bangladesh.
- It will take tourists across 27 river systems and will cruise through various prominent destinations.
- The cruise’s Director Raj Singh said it will cost ₹ 25,000 to ₹ 50,000 a day, with the total cost for the 51-day journey totaling to around ₹ 20 lahks for each passenger.
- It will travel 3,200 km in 51 days.
- The Ganges is a transboundary river of Asia that flows through India and Bangladesh.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 36
India has overtaken which country to become the third-largest auto market globally?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 36
The correct answer is Option A – Japan
- As per the Nikkei Asia report, India is now the world’s third-largest auto market.
- Vehicles powered by gasoline, including hybrid vehicles, accounted for most of the new autos sold in India in 2022.
- India has surpassed Japan, which is currently placed fourth.
- China continued to lead the global auto market and the US remained second.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 37
Which of these states announced will set up 122 new sports complexes in rural areas?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Jammu & Kashmir
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 37
The correct answer is Option D – Maharashtra
- Maharashtra has announced that 122 new sports complexes will soon be built in rural areas.
- The aim is to reinforce the state’s status as a sporting powerhouse in the country.
- Capital: Mumbai;
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari;
- Chief minister: Eknath Shinde.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 38
Who released the book titled ‘Chief Minister’s Diary No. 1’?
a) Ranjan Gogoi
b) Amit Shah
c) Draupadi Murmu
d) Himanta Biswa Sarma
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 38
The correct answer is Option A – Ranjan Gogoi
- Former Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi released a book written by Assam CM “Chief Minister’s Diary No.1′.
- It contains the account of events of the first year in the office of Assam Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma.
- Ranjan Gogoi is presently a member of the Rajya Sabha.
- He served as the 46th Chief Justice of India for 13 months from 2018 to 2019.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 39
Who inaugurated the 120 feet tall polo statue in Manipur?
a) Amit Shah
b) Narendra Modi
c) N Biren Singh
d) La Ganesan
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 39
The correct answer is Option A – Amit Shah
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah on 6 Jan 2023 unveiled a 120-feet-tall statue of a polo player riding a pony at Marjing Polo Complex in Manipur’s Imphal East district.
- The massive statue would popularise Manipur, the home of polo, and increase tourist traffic.
- This is the highest monument in the northeast.
- Manipur is considered the birthplace of this game.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 40
World War Orphans Day is observed on which day?
a) 5 January
b) 6 January
c) 2 January
d) 7 January
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 40
The correct answer is Option B – 6 January
- World Day of War Orphans is celebrated on 6 January every year to create awareness about the plight of war orphans and to address the traumatic conditions faced by them.
- There are an estimated 153 million orphans worldwide, many of whom are war orphans.
- It was started by the French organization SOS Enfants en Detresses, which aimed to help children affected by conflict.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 41
Hindustan Copper signed MoU with which IIT institute for technical assistance?
a) IIT Delhi
b) IIT Kanpur
c) IIT Dhanbad
d) IIT Roorkee
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 41
The correct answer is Option C – IIT Dhanbad
- Hindustan Copper (HCL) has signed an MoU with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Dhanbad for a collaborative and sponsored research project.
- It will address HCL’s need for technical assistance, guidance, and consultancy works.
- Hindustan Copper (HCL) is the only copper miner in India owning all the operating mining leases of copper ore in the nation.
- IIT Dhanbad is known as the Indian School of Mines.
- Hindustan Copper Ltd. (HCL) is a central public sector undertaking under the ownership of the Ministry of Mines, Government of India.
- It is the first Indian COpper Producer to be accredited with ISO 9002 certification.
- It was founded on 9 Nov 1967.
- MD & Chairman of HCL is Arun Kumar Shukla.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 42
What is the second biggest parasite killer in the world?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 42
The correct answer is Option C – Kala-azar
- Kala-azar is the second biggest parasite killer in the world after Malaria.
- It is caused by protozoan parasites of the Leishmania genus.
- It is also known as Visceral leishmaniasis (VL), black fever & Dumdum fever.
- The National Health Policy 2002 set a target of eliminating Kala-azar by 2010, which was revised in 2015.
- India signed a tripartite MoU with Bangladesh and Nepal to eliminate Kala-azar.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 43
Which of the following has been appointed as the state icon of Bihar by the Election Commission?
a) Nitish Kumar
b) Shardha Sinha
c) Maithili Thakur
d) Phaagu Chauhan
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 43
The correct answer is Option C – Maithili Thakur
- Folk singer Maithili Thakur was appointed the state icon for Bihar by the Election Commission in January 2023.
- She will create awareness among the voters for their participation in the electoral process.
- She has rendered traditional folk songs of Bihar in Maithili, Bhojpuri, and Hindi.
- The capital of Bihar is Patna.
- The CM of Bihar is Nitish Kumar.
- The Governor of Bihar is Phagu Chauhan.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 44
Which country hosts the Voice of Global South Summit?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 44
The correct answer is Option B – India
- India will host a special virtual Summit on 12-13 Jan 2023 called ‘Voice of Global South Summit’.
- The summit is India’s attempt to provide a common platform to discuss concerns affecting developing countries.
- The theme of the Summit is ‘Unity of Voice, Unity of Purpose.
- The initiative is inspired by PM Modi’s vision of Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas…and the philosophy of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 45
Which oil company launched low-smoke superior kerosene oil for the Indian Army?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 45
The correct answer is Option A – BPCL
- Bharat Petroleum has launched low-smoke superior kerosene oil for Indian Army.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL) is an Indian central public sector undertaking under the ownership of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India.
- The low-smoke kerosene will provide cleaner fuel to soldiers.
- Normal kerosene emits substantial smoke, which poses a health hazard to personnel who use it at higher altitudes, where the oxygen level is very low.
- BPCL is India’s second-largest government-owned downstream oil producer.
- The Headquarters of BPCL is in Mumbai.
- The Chairman of BPCL is Vesta Ramakrishna Gupta.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 46
In which City will the Men’s Hockey World Cup 2023 be held?
d) Both A & B
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 46
The correct answer is Option D – Both A & B
- The FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup 2023 will be held at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar and at Birsa Munda International Hockey Stadium in Rourkela, India from 13 to 29 January 2023.
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the state-of-the-art hockey stadium in Rourkela on Jan 5, 2023.
- The FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup 2023, is being hosted by Odisha for the second time.
- The Men’s FIH Hockey World Cup is an international field hockey competition organized by the International Hockey Federation (FIH).
- This will be the 15th edition of the men’s FIH Hockey World Cup.
- The tournament was started in 1971.
- It is organized every four years.
- Rourkela’s Birsa Munda International Hockey Stadium is being described as the world’s largest hockey stadium.
- Dilip Tirkey has been elected as the new President of Hockey India.
- Harmanpreet Singh has been made the captain of the Indian hockey team.
- Pakistan is the most successful team, having won the tournament four times.
- India has won the tournament once.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 47
Who was to be honoured with the Global Leadership Award by the Harvard Law School Center?
a) DY Chandrachud
b) N. V. Ramana
c) Ranjan Gogoi
d) U. U. Lalit
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 47
The correct answer is Option A – DY Chandrachud
- The Harvard Law School Center on the Legal Profession has decided to confer Chief Justice of India DY Chandrachud with the ‘Center of the Legal Profession Award (CLP) for Global Leadership’.
- CLP’s highest professional distinction will be presented to CJI Chandrachud on January 11, 2023.
- Justice Chandrachud, who became chief justice in November 2022, holds an LLM and an SLD from Harvard Law School.
- The Supreme Court of India came into being on 28 January 1950.
- The first Chief Justice of India was H. J. Kania.
1-8 Jan Important Question – 48
The government has nominated 27 overseas Indians for the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards, where will it be held?
1-8 Jan Important Answers – 48
The correct answer is Option A – Indore
- The 17th edition of the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention will be held at Indore in Madhya Pradesh during Jan 8-10, 2023.
- The Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award is the highest honor conferred on overseas Indians during the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention every year.
- The awards are presented by the President of India to NRIs, Persons of India Origin or organizations established and run by them in recognition of their outstanding achievements.
- Guyana’s President Mohamed Irfaan Ali, and DBS Group CEO Piyush Gupta are among 27 recipients of the 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award.
Free Jobs & Exams Preparation
Updates || Videos || Solved Papers