15-21 Feb Weekly Current Affairs MCQs – 15-21 Feb all Important Current Affairs Questions and Answers with detailed explanation – Important weekly current affairs question with Solution – Weekly current affairs important questions pdf download – Important weekly MCQs with the solution for all types of Competitive exams – Important weekly quiz 2023 – Important weekly current affairs 2023 pdf – Weekly Current affairs explained questions for all types of Competitive exams – 15Feb to 21Feb All Important current affairs – 15Feb to 21Feb Important questions and answers – All Important Weekly current affairs questions for all government exams 2023
Join Telegram Channel
All Free Downloads & Updates
15-21 Feb Weekly Current Affairs MCQs in English
In this post, we are providing students with 15-21 February Important Current Affairs MCQs questions and answers for UPSC, SSC, and Banking exams.
|Weekly Current Affairs 2023||Current Affairs Tests||Awards & Honours 2022|
|Sports Current Affairs 2022||2023 Gov Exams Updates||Gov Exams Syllabus|
15-21 Feb Important Question – 1
International Child Cancer Day is observed on which day?
a) 13 February
b) 15 February
c) 17 February
d) 21 February
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 1
The correct answer is Option B – 15 February
- International Children’s Cancer Day (ICCD) is observed every year on 15 February.
- The day was created by Childhood Cancer International, an umbrella organization of various parent-created child cancer support groups.
- The day is dedicated to raising awareness and showing support for children and adolescents living with cancer.
- The theme for the three-year (2021-2023) campaign for International Child Cancer Day (ICCD) is ‘Better Survival’.
- Childhood Cancer International was established in 1994.
- It is the largest patient-support organization for childhood cancer in the world.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 2
Nikki Haley has announced her candidature for the presidency of which country?
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 2
The correct answer is Option C – USA
- Indian-American Nikki Haley has announced that she will make a bid for the White House.
- She is the first Republican to challenge former President Donald Trump for the party’s nomination.
- If she wins, she will become the first woman governor of the state and the first Indian-American to lead the state.
- She is the former Governor of South Carolina and the US Ambassador to the United Nations.
- The US is a country of 50 states, covering a vast area of North America, including Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii extending the country’s presence in the Pacific Ocean.
- The country was founded on July 4, 1776, and its capital is Washington, D.C..
- Joe Biden is the President and Kamala Harris is the Vice President.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 3
Hyundai Motors India has signed which two more women cricketers as ambassadors?
a) Smriti Mandhana and Yastika Bhatia
b) Yastika Bhatia and Renuka Singh Thakur
c) Smriti Mandhana and Jemimah Rodrigues
d) Renuka Singh Thakur and Shefali Verma
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 3
The correct answer is Option B – Yastika Bhatia and Renuka Singh Thakur
- Hyundai Motor India Ltd has signed two more women cricketers named Yastika Bhatia and Renuka Singh Thakur, to its roster of brand ambassadors.
- Yastika Bhatia and Renuka Singh Thakur will join Smriti Mandhana, Shefali Verma, and Jemimah Rodrigues on the list of brand ambassadors for Hyundai.
- Hyundai Motor India has announced the next edition of its ‘The Drive Within’ campaign with these five women cricketers.
- Hyundai Motor India Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company headquartered in South Korea.
- It is the second largest automobile manufacturer in India with a 15% market share and a US$5.5 billion turnover by 2022.
- Headquartered in India is in Gurugram, Haryana.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 4
Which state’s cabinet has decided to implement the PM Shri scheme in its state?
a) Madhya Pradesh
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 4
The correct answer is Option C – Maharashtra
- Maharashtra cabinet has decided to implement Pradhan Mantri School for Rising India (PM Shri) in the state on 14 Feb 2023.
- 856 schools will be upgraded in the first phase.
- 1 crore 88 lakh rupees will be provided to each school for 5 years.
- For this, the share of Centre and State will be 60:40 for 5 years.
- PM Schools for Rising India (PM Sree) is a new scheme for the development of over 14500 schools across the country, strengthening selected existing schools being managed by the Central Government/State Government/UT Government/Local Bodies.
- On September 07, 2022, The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved a Centrally Sponsored Scheme – PM SHRI (PM ScHools for Rising India).
- The institutes developed under this will become ‘Model Schools’ under NEP (National Education Policy).
15-21 Feb Important Question – 5
Tata Group will induct 250 aircraft from which country’s company Airbus for Air India?
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 5
The correct answer is Option A – America
- The Tata Group has signed a letter of intent with American company Airbus to acquire 250 aircraft, including 40 wide-body aircraft, for Air India in February 2023.
- The airline has placed an order for 210 narrow-body A32neo jets.
- The Tata group acquired a 100% stake in its arm Air India Express in January 2022.
- Air India currently has a fleet of 113 aircraft.
- Airbus is a European multinational aerospace corporation.
- Airbus designs, manufactures, and sells commercial aircraft and has separate defense and space, and helicopter divisions.
- The Tata Group is India’s largest conglomerate, with products and services in over 150 countries, and operations in 100 countries.
- It was founded in 1868 by Jamsetji Tata.
- Natarajan Chandrasekaran is the Chairman and Managing Director of the Tata Group.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 6
Where did the Union Health Ministry organize the ‘Cycle for Health’ Cyclothon?
b) New Delhi
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 6
The correct answer is Option B – New Delhi
- The Union Health Ministry on 14 Feb 2023, organized a cyclothon ‘Cycle for Health’, at Lady Hardinge Medical College in New Delhi.
- It was organized as part of the ongoing ‘Swastha Mann, Swastha Ghar’ year-long campaign launched in November 2022 which aims to promote and enhance awareness surrounding healthy living.
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya also participated in this program.
- Delhi, officially the National Capital Territory of Delhi (NCT), is a city and union territory of India, comprising the capital of India, New Delhi.
- It is situated on the banks of the river Yamuna.
- The Lieutenant Governor of Delhi is Vinay Kumar Saxena and the Chief Minister is Arvind Kejriwal (AAP).
15-21 Feb Important Question – 7
Who among the following has taken charge as the new President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)?
a) Aniket Sunil Talati
b) Ranjeet Kumar Agarwal
c) Pawan Agarwal
d) Vinay Kwatra
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 7
The correct answer is Option A – Aniket Sunil Talati
- For the 2023-24 term, Aniket Sunil Talati will serve as the President of ICAI, while Ranjeet Kumar Agarwal will be the accounting body’s vice president.
- Aniket Sunil Talati also serve as the Director of the ICAI Accounting Research Foundation (ICAI ARF).
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is India’s largest professional accounting body under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India.
- It was established on 1st July 1949 as a statutory body under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 8
Which country has declared a national emergency after the devastation caused by Cyclone Gabriel?
b) New Zealand
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 8
The correct answer is Option B – New Zealand
- On 14 February 2023, the New Zealand government declared a national state of emergency after Cyclone Gabrielle devastated the North Island.
- Cyclone Gabrielle caused widespread flooding, landslides, and massive ocean swell throughout the North Island.
- This latest disaster is the third national emergency after the 2011 Christchurch earthquake and the 2020 COVID pandemic.
- New Zealand is an island country in the southwestern Pacific Ocean.
- It consists of two main landmasses—the North Island and the South Island—and over 700 smaller islands.
- The capital of New Zealand is Wellington and its currency is Dollar.
- The Prime Minister of New Zealand is Chris Hipkins.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 9
India signed MoU with which country on visa exemption in February 2023?
b) New Zealand
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 9
The correct answer is Option C – Fiji
- India and Fiji have signed an MoU on visa exemption for holders of diplomatic and official passports.
- Under this agreement, holders of diplomatic and official passports will be able to enter, transit, and stay in each other’s territory without a visa for a period not exceeding 90 days.
- Fiji is an island nation in the South Pacific Ocean.
- It consists of more than 300 islands, the largest of which are Viti Levu and Vanua Levu.
- The President of Fiji is William Katonivere and the Prime Minister is Sitwini Rabuka.
- Suva is the capital of Fiji and its currency is the Fijian Dollar.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 10
Who has become the first woman to take oath as the Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court?
a) Bela Trivedi
b) Sonia Gokani
c) Manjula Chellur
d) Indira Banerjee
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 10
The correct answer is Option B – Sonia Gokani
- Justice Sonia Gokani took oath as the first woman Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court on 16 Feb 2023.
- the oath was administered to her by Gujarat Governor Acharya Devvrat.
- Her appointment came as Justice Aravind Kumar was elevated as a judge of the Supreme Court.
- Justice Gokani, who joined as the 28th Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court, will retire on February 25, making his tenure the shortest.
- Gujarat is a state located on the west coast of India.
- Its coastline of about 1,600 km is the longest in the country, most of which lies on the Kathiawar peninsula.
- Bhupendrabhai Patel is the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 11
In which of the following military force, the cabinet has approved the proposal to raise seven new battalions?
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 11
The correct answer is Option B – ITBP
- The Cabinet Committee on Security, on 15 Feb 2023, approved a proposal to raise 7 new battalions of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
- The approval has also been given for an operational border base with a fresh strength of 9400 personnel for the ITBP.
- The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) is a border patrol organization of India deployed along its borders with the Tibet Autonomous Region.
- It is one of the seven Central Armed Police Forces established in 1962 following the Sino-Indian War of 1962.
- Its motto is Valor, Perseverance, and Commitment.
- The headquarters is in New Delhi and its main training center is located at Mussoorie, Uttarakhand.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 12
Bharat Electronics Limited signed MoU with which country for the LORA weapon system?
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 12
The correct answer is Option A – Israel
- At Aero India 2023, Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) has signed an MoU with Israel Aerospace Industries for domestic manufacture and supply of its LORA Weapon System for the Indian Tri-services.
- LORA (Long Range Attack) is a sea-to-ground and ground-to-ground system that comprises a long-range ballistic missile, launcher, command, and control system.
- Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) is Israel’s leading aerospace and aviation manufacturer, producing avionics and astronautical systems for both military and civilian use.
- The capital of the Western Asian country Israel is Jerusalem and its currency is the New Shekel.
- Isaac Herzog is the President of Israel and the Prime Minister is Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) is an Indian state-owned public sector undertaking (PSU) aerospace and defense company.
- It has been given the status of Navratna.
- BEL also develops Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) and Voter Verified Paper Audit Trails (VVPATs).
15-21 Feb Important Question – 13
The death anniversary of which of the following great personality is observed on 16th February?
a) Dadasaheb Phalke
b) Major Dhyan Chand
c) Ustad Bismillah Khan
d) Harivansh Rai Bachchan
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 13
The correct answer is Option A – Dadasaheb Phalke
- Dhundiraj Govind Phalke, also known as Dadasaheb Phalke, is considered the ‘Father of Indian Cinema’.
- He passed away on February 16, 1944, and was an Indian producer, director, and screenwriter.
- His first film, Raja Harishchandra, was the first Indian film released in 1913 and is now known as India’s first full-length feature film.
- The Government of India has named the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in honor of his lifetime contribution to Indian cinema.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 14
International banking group BNP Paribas has tied up with which bank to provide financial services?
a) Axis Bank
d) HDFC Ltd
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 14
The correct answer is Option C – ICICI
- In February 2023, ICICI Bank and BNP Paribas signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to meet the banking needs of European corporates operating in India.
- It sets up a partnership framework between the two banks for providing financial services to corporate customers operating in India.
- French international banking group BNP Paribas is in India since 1860 and is one of the leading international financial institutions.
- BNP Paribas was founded in 1822 and is headquartered in Paris, France.
- ICICI Bank is an Indian multinational bank and financial services company.
- The Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) was a government body established on January 1955.
- Sandeep Bakshi is the present CEO of ICICI Bank which is headquartered in Mumbai.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 15
What is the name of the 6th edition of the Indo-US exercise held in Chennai?
a) Shakti Exercise
d) Garuda Shakti
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 15
The correct answer is Option B – TARKASH
- The 6th edition of the joint exercise ‘TARKASH’, conducted from 16 January to 14 February 2023, concluded in Chennai.
- The exercise was conducted by the National Security Guard (NSG) and the US Special Operations Force (SOF).
- “Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Terror Response” has been included in this exercise for the first time.
- The most recent use of chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) was in 2017 in the form of a ‘sarin gas’ attack in Syria that killed over 100 people.
- Chemical weapons include mustard gas and nerve agents.
- The National Security Guard, commonly known as the Black Cats, is an anti-terrorist unit of India under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- It was established on 16 October 1984.
- MA Ganapathy is the Director General of NSG.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 16
Which country has become the first country in Europe to pass a ‘menstrual leave’ law?
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 16
The correct answer is Option D – Spain
- The Spanish government has approved a law providing paid medical leave for women suffering from severe menstrual pain – a first for any European country.
- Such facilities are currently available in countries such as Japan, Indonesia, and Zambia.
- Spain is a country on the Iberian Peninsula of Europe, consisting of 17 autonomous regions with diverse geography and cultures.
- The capital of Spain is Madrid and its currency is Euro.
- Pedro Sanchez is the President of Spain.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 17
In which city is Divya Kala Mela 2023 being organized?
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 17
The correct answer is Option A – Mumbai
- Diya Kala Mela 2023 is being organized from 16 to 25 February 2023 at MMRDA Ground, Mumbai.
- It is being organized by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities and the National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation.
- It is showcasing products made by around 200 Divyang artisans from 24 states and union territories.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 18
From which year will the European Union formally ban the sale of gas and diesel cars?
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 18
The correct answer is Option B – 2035
- The European Parliament has approved the law to ban the sale of new gas and diesel cars in the EU.
- The ban will come into effect in 2035.
- the decision was made to increase the use of Electric Vehicles.
- Its main objective of it is to achieve zero emissions.
- The European Union is an international organization made up of European countries, which was formed in 1993.
- It is a group of 27 countries that use the Euro as their official currency.
- The eight countries that do not use the euro currency are Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, and Sweden.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 19
India’s first waste-to-hydrogen plant will be set up in which city?
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 19
The correct answer is Option C – Pune
- The Indian government is going to set up the first waste-to-hydrogen plant in Pune at a cost of Rs 430 crore.
- This plant will be constructed by a private company Green Billion Limited.
- The company has tied up with Pune Municipal Corporation for 30 years.
- These plants are intended to treat 350 tonnes of solid waste daily and will produce ten tonnes of hydrogen per day.
- Thegreenbillions Limited is an unlisted public company incorporated on September 29, 2016.
- It is classified as a Public Limited Company and is based in the city of Mumbai, Maharashtra.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 20
Who has been appointed as the Governor of Bihar in place of Fagu Chauhan?
a) Shiv Pratap Shukla
b) Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
c) Dr. C.V. Ananda Bose
d) Smt. Anandiben Patel
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 20
The correct answer is Option B – Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
- Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar was sworn in as the 41st Governor of Bihar on 17 February 2023.
- He had served as the Speaker of the Goa Legislative Assembly and the Minister of Forest, Environment, and Panchayats in the Government of Goa before being appointed as the Governor of Himachal Pradesh in July 2021.
- Bihar is a state in eastern India, bordering Nepal.
- The Ganges River divides it into two, flooding its fertile plains.
- Patna is the capital of Bihar.
- Chief Minister is Nitish Kumar.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 21
What is Bangalore’s ranking as the slowest city to drive in the world?
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 21
The correct answer is Option B – Second
- Bengaluru has ranked second among the slowest cities in the world when it comes to moving in traffic.
- It time takes to drive in as one can cover just 10 km in 29 minutes and 10 seconds in the city.
- The findings were shared by a report by TomTom, a Dutch multinational developer of location tech.
- The top rank went to London with 36 minutes and 20 seconds.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 22
Who has become the new CEO of YouTube?
a) Neil Mohan
b) Parag Agrawal
c) Laxman Narasimhan
d) Shiva Ayyadurai
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 22
The correct answer is Option A – Neil Mohan
- YouTube Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Susan Wojcicki has resigned from her post on 16 February 2023 and will be replaced by Indian-American Neil Mohan.
- Mohan, a Stanford graduate, joined Google in 2008 and is the chief product officer at YouTube, focusing on creating YouTube shorts and music.
- YouTube is a global online video-sharing and social media platform headquartered in San Bruno, California.
- It was launched on February 14, 2005, by Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawed Karim.
- It is owned by Google and is the second most visited website, after Google Search.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 23
Which edition of the India-Japan military exercise ‘Dharma Guardian’ will begin on February 17?
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 23
The correct answer is Option A – 4th
- The 4th edition of the joint military exercise between India and Japan, “EX Dharma Guardian” will be conducted from 17 Feb to 2 March at Camp Imazu, Shiga Prefecture, Japan.
- Soldiers from the Garhwal Rifles Regiment of the Indian Army and an infantry regiment from the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force (JGSDF) are participating in the exercise.
- Japan is an island country in East Asia.
- The Prime Minister of Japan is Fumio Kishida.
- The capital is Tokyo and the currency is the Japanese yen.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 24
Who among the following has conferred the Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar?
a) President Murmu
b) Narendra Modi
c) G Kishan Reddy
d) Amit Shah
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 24
The correct answer is Option C – G Kishan Reddy
- Union Culture and Tourism Minister G Kishan Reddy presented Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar 2019,2020 and 2021 to a total of 102 artists from India on 15 February 2023.
- The award is given to artists up to the age of 40 years starting from 2006 with the objective of encouraging outstanding young talent in various fields of performing arts.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 25
Which of these banks has been honored with the ‘Prathista Puraskar’ under the DigiDhan Awards 2022?
a) ICICI Bank
b) Bank of Maharashtra
c) Karnataka Bank
d) Bandhan Bank
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 25
The correct answer is Option C – Karnataka Bank
- Karnataka Bank has been conferred with the ‘Prathista Puraskar’ under the ‘Digidhan Awards 2021-2022’ by the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- The award was given for achieving the highest percentage of BHIM-UPI transactions in the private sector bank category.
- Karnataka Bank is an Indian private-sector bank.
- In 1966, Karnataka Bank Limited took over the Bank of Karnataka.
- The bank was established on 18 February 1924 and is headquartered in Mangaluru.
- The tagline is “Your Family Bank across India”.
- MS Mahabaleshwar is the CEO of Karnataka Bank.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 26
Lieutenant General KT Parnaik was sworn in as the 20th Governor of which state?
a) Arunachal Pradesh
b) Himachal Pradesh
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 26
The correct answer is Option A – Arunachal Pradesh
- Lieutenant General (Retd) Kaiwalya Trivikram Parnaik took oath as the 20th Governor of Arunachal Pradesh on 16 Feb 2023.
- He was administered the oath of office by the Judge of Gauhati High Court, Justice Nani Tagia in a ceremony held at Raj Bhavan in Itanagar.
- Arunachal Pradesh is a state in Northeast India.
- Pema Khandu is the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh and its capital is Itanagar.
- The main tribes of the state are Adi, Nishi, Singpho, Gallo, Tagin, and Apatani.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 27
Which country has declared KTF (Khalistan Tiger Force) and J&K Ghaznavi Force as terrorist organizations?
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 27
The correct answer is Option D – India
- India’s Ministry of Home Affairs has declared KTF (Khalistan Tiger Force) and Jammu and Kashmir Ghaznavi Force as terrorist organizations under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967.
- Khalistan Tiger Force is a militant organization that aims to revive militancy in Punjab.
- J&K Ghaznavi Force has been found involved in infiltration attempts, narcotics & smuggling, and carrying out terrorist attacks in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967 (UAPA) was passed in 1967.
- It aims at the effective prevention of unlawful activities in India.
- Ministry of Home Affairs has also declared Harwinder Singh Sandhu ‘Rinda’ as a terrorist on 17 Feb 2023.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 28
Which of these countries lift the ban on frozen seafood from India?
d) Saudia Arab
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 28
The correct answer is Option B – Qatar
- Qatar lifted its temporary ban on the import of frozen seafood from India.
- The ban was imposed in November 2022, just ahead of the FIFA World Cup following the alleged detection of Vibrio cholera from a few consignments from India.
- Vibrio cholera is the bacteria that causes cholera infection.
- However, the ban will continue on exports of chilled seafood.
- Qatar is a West Asian country and its capital is Doha.
- The current Emir is Tamim bin Hamad and the Prime Minister is Khalid bin Khalifa.
- Riyal is the currency of Qatar.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 29
Who among the following resigned as the chief selector of the Indian cricket team?
a) S Sharath
b) Chetan Sharma
c) Salil Ankola
d) Shiv Sunder
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 29
The correct answer is Option B – Chetan Sharma
- Chetan Sharma, chairman of the senior men’s selection committee, has submitted his resignation to BCCI Secretary Jay Shah.
- He did this following a sting operation by a private news channel.
- The resignation has been accepted by the Indian cricket board.
- S Sharath, Subroto Banerjee, Salil Ankola, and Shiv Sunder are the other 4 selectors in the 5-member selection committee.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is the national governing body of cricket in India.
- The BCCI is the richest cricket governing body in the world and is part of the “Big Three” of international cricket, along with Australia and England.
- BCCI was formed in December 1928 and is headquartered in the Cricket center, Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
- President of BCCI: Roger Binny;
- CEO of BCCI: Hemang Amin;
- Secretary: Jay Shah;
- Vice president: Rajeev Shukla;
- Men’s coach: Rahul Dravid;
- Women’s coach: Ramesh Powar.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 30
Who has become the new governor of Jharkhand?
a) Ramesh Bais
b) C.V. Ananda Bose
c) Mr. C.P. Radhakrishnan
d) Shiv Pratap Shukla
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 30
The correct answer is Option C – Mr. C.P. Radhakrishnan
- Mr. C.P. Radhakrishnan was sworn-in as the 11th governor of Jharkhand on 18 Feb 2023.
- Acting Chief Justice of Jharkhand HC Aparesh Kumar Singh administered the oath of office and secrecy of Radhakrishnan.
- He succeeded Ramesh Bais, who served as the Governor of Jharkhand since July 2021.
- Radhakrishnan is a two-time Lok Sabha member from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- Jharkhand is a state in eastern India.
- Jharkhand was formed on 15 November 2000, having earlier been carved out of the southern part of Bihar.
- The capital of Jharkhand is Ranchi and the sub-capital is Dumka.
- Hemant Soren is the Chief Minister of Jharkhand.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 31
On which day do we celebrate Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti?
a) 17 February
b) 19 February
c) 27 February
d) 19 January
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 31
The correct answer is Option B – 19 February
- February 19 is celebrated as the birth anniversary of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, the founder of the Maratha Empire.
- He was born on February 19, 1630, at Shivneri Fort.
- Mahatma Phule started celebrating Shivaji Jayanti in 1870.
- In 1674, he was formally crowned at Raigarh Ford and received the title of Chhatrapati.
- His father Shahaji Bhonsle was a Maratha general.
- During his life, Shivaji engaged in both alliances and hostilities with the Mughal Empire, the Sultanate of Golconda, the Sultanate of Bijapur, and European colonial powers.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 32
Who has been appointed as the new Vice Chief of the Indian Army?
a) Lt. Gen KT Parnaik
b) Lt Gen MV Suchindra Kumar
c) Lt Gen Anil Chauhan
d) General Manoj Pandey
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 32
The correct answer is Option B – Lt Gen MV Suchindra Kumar
- Lt Gen MV Suchindra Kumar has been named as the new Vice Chief of Army Staff, while Lt Gen BS Raju has been appointed as the South Western Army Commander.
- He is currently serving as the Deputy Chief of Army Staff (Strategy) at Army Headquarters.
- General Manoj Pandey is the current Chief of Army Staff and took over on April 30, 2022.
- Lieutenant General Anil Chauhan is the current CDS (Chief of Defense Staff) of India.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 33
Tulsidas Balram, who passed away recently, was a great player of which game?
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 33
The correct answer is Option C – Football
- Legendary Indian footballer, Tulsidas Balram passed away on 17 February 2023.
- He played in two Olympics in 1956 and 1960 and was part of the gold-winning team at the 1962 Asian Games in Jakarta.
- In 2013, the Government of West Bengal honored him with the ‘Banga Vibhushan’.
- Famous Yakshagana playback singer and screenwriter Balipa Narayan passed away on 16 February 2023.
- Veteran actor Javed Khan Amrohi passed away on 14 February 2023.
- Tollywood actor and politician Nandamuri Taraka Ratna passed away in Bengaluru on 19 Feb 2023.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 34
Which branch of AIIMS is monitoring the distribution of TB medicines using drones?
a) AIIMS New Delhi
b) AIIMS Patna
c) AIIMS Rishikesh
d) AIIMS Guwahati
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 34
The correct answer is Option C – AIIMS Rishikesh
- The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh successfully tested the transportation of tuberculosis (TB) drugs with the help of drones to the district hospital of Tehri Garhwal in Uttarakhand in February 2023.
- Drone start-up company TechEagle’s ‘Vertiplane X3’ drone model was used in the trial and 3 kg of tuberculosis medicines were delivered to the hospital.
- The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is a group of autonomous government public medical universities of higher learning under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- The first AIIMS was established in 1956 under the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Act, 1956
- AIIMS New Delhi, the premier institute, was established in 1956.
- As of January 2023, twenty institutes are functional and four more are expected to be operational by 2025.
- Proposals were made for six more AIIMS.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 35
Who has been appointed as the new CEO of NITI Aayog?
a) BVR Subrahmanyam
b) Rajeev Kumar
c) Parameswaran Iyer
d) Siva Ayyadurai
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 35
The correct answer is Option A – BVR Subrahmanyam
- The government appointed BVR Subrahmanyam as the CEO of NITI Aayog.
- The incumbent Parameswaran Iyer was appointed to the World Bank as Executive Director.
- Subrahmanyam previously served as the Chief Secretary of Jammu and Kashmir.
- NITI Aayog was formed on 1 January 2015.
- It is the main policy-making body of the country which is expected to boost the economic development of the country.
- It aims at building a strong state which will help in building a dynamic and strong nation.
- The chairman of NITI Aayog is the Prime Minister of India.
- Suman Berry is the Vice Chairperson of NITI Aayog.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 36
Who broke the world record for most sixes in Test cricket?
a) Ben Stokes
b) David Warner
c) Steve Smith
d) Rohit Sharma
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 36
The correct answer is Option A – Ben Stokes
- England Test captain Ben Stokes became the player to hit the most number of sixes in the history of Test cricket on 18 February 2023 in the match against New Zealand.
- Stokes broke the previous record held by England coach and former New Zealand cricketer Brendon McCullum.
- Strokes made a record by hitting 109 sixes in 90 Tests.
- While McCullum had a record of hitting 107 sixes in 101 Tests.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 37
India started the DUSTLIK training exercise with which country in Uttarakhand?
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 37
The correct answer is Option C – Uzbekistan
- As part of the military-to-military exchange program between the Indian and Uzbekistan armies, the 4th edition of the biennial training exercise DUSTLIK 2023 will begin on 21 February 2023 at Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand.
- The Indian contingent in this bilateral exercise will be represented by the 14th Battalion The Garhwal Rifles, which is part of the Western Command.
- Uzbekistan is a landlocked Central Asian nation and a former Soviet republic.
- Its capital and largest city is Tashkent and its currency is Uzbekistani Som.
- Shavkat Mirziyoyev is the President of Uzbekistan.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 38
In which city of India the 18th World Security Congress will be held?
a) New Delhi
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 38
The correct answer is Option B – Jaipur
- The 18th World Security Congress is being organized in Jaipur from 21 to 23 February 2023.
- It is being organized by the International Union of Railways (UIC) and the Railway Protection Force.
- This year’s theme is “Railway Safety Strategy: Responses and Vision for the Future”.
- India is currently the Chair of the International Association of Railway Safety Forums.
- The International Union of Railways is a worldwide international rail transport industry body.
- It was established in 1922 and is headquartered in Paris, France.
- The Railway Protection Force is a police force in India responsible for the safety of passengers and property of the Indian Railways.
- It was established by the Railway Protection Force Act, 1957.
- Sanjay Chander is the Director General of RPF.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 39
Who took oath as the Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh?
a) Radha Krishna Mathur
b) Dr. B.D. Mishra
c) KT Paranik
d) CP Radhakrishnan
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 39
The correct answer is Option B – Dr. B D Mishra
- Brigadier Dr. B.D. Mishra was sworn in as the new Lieutenant Governor of the Union Territory of Ladakh on 19 February 2023.
- He is the second Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh after Radha Krishna Mathur.
- Prior to this appointment, he served as the Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Ladakh is a region administered by India as a center region.
- It is a significant part of the Kashmir region and has been disputed between India, Pakistan, and China since 1947.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 40
Which of these countries is jointly participating in the military exercise Moshi II with Russia and China?
c) South Africa
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 40
The correct answer is Option C – South Africa
- South Africa started a joint naval military exercise ‘Mosi II’ with Russia and China in the Indian Ocean in February.
- The South African National Defence Force says 350 members of its armed forces will take part.
- China is South Africa’s top bilateral trading partner.
- South Africa is the southernmost country in Africa.
- South Africa has three capitals: Pretoria (executive), Cape Town (legislative), and Bloemfontein (judicial).
- The President of South Africa is Cyril Ramaphosa and the Vice President is Paul Mashtoile.
- The President of Russia is Vladimir Putin and the Prime Minister is Mikhail Mishustin.
- The capital of Russia is Moscow and the currency is the Russian ruble.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 41
Which of the following Bollywood actors has been appointed as UNICEF’s national ambassador for child rights?
a) Ayushmann Khurrana
b) Sonu Sood
c) Amitabh Bachchan
d) Rajkummar Rao
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 41
The correct answer is Option A – Ayushmann Khurrana
- Bollywood Actor Ayushmann Khurrana has been appointed as the National Ambassador of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) India on Feb 19, 2023.
- Ayushman was also appointed as UNICEF India’s Celebrity Advocate in September 2020 to advocate for ending violence against children and promoting child rights.
- UNICEF, formerly known as the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund, is now officially the United Nations Children’s Fund.
- It is an agency of the United Nations responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental assistance to children around the world.
- The head of UNICEF is Catherine M. Russell.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 42
Which team won the 2023 Ranji Trophy title?
d) Madhya Pradesh
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 42
The correct answer is Option C – Saurashtra
- Saurashtra beat West Bengal by 9 wickets at the Eden Gardens, Kolkata to lift the Ranji Trophy title for the second time on 19 February 2023.
- Saurashtra captain Unadkat was adjudged man of the match for his nine-wicket haul in the match, while Arpit Vasavada was named player of the Ranji season 2023.
- The Ranji Trophy tournament is being played since 1934.
- The first match was played between Madras and Mysore on 4 November 1934 at the Chepauk Ground.
- Ranji Trophy is named after Maharaja Ranjit Singh.
- In the Ranji Trophy in 2021-22, Madhya Pradesh defeated Mumbai in the final to win their first title.
- Mumbai (Bombay) has won the tournament the most times with 41 wins including 15 back-to-back wins from 1958–59 to 1972–73.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 43
Who won the National Geographic Pictures of the Year for his photograph titled “Dance of the Eagles”?
a) Karthik Subramaniam
b) Manjula Chellur
c) Vinay Kwatra
d) CP Radhakrishnan
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 43
The correct answer is Option A – Karthik Subramaniam
- Indian-origin photographer Karthik Subramaniam has topped National Geographic’s ‘Photo of the Year’ contest 2023.
- The award was presented to him for his striking photograph of an eagle struggling to settle on a tree branch.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 44
Uber signed MoU with which motor company to launch 25,000 EV cars in India?
a) Maruti Suzuki
b) Tata Motors
d) Hyundai Motors India
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 44
The correct answer is Option B – Tata Motors
- Tata Motors signed an MoU in February 2023, with Uber to bring 25,000 XPRES-T Electric Vehicles (EVs) to India.
- The services will be available across Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, and Ahmedabad.
- Uber is a transportation company with an app that allows passengers to hail a ride and drivers to charge fares and get paid.
- It is founded in March 2009 and its Headquarters is in San Francisco, California.
- Dara Khosrowshahi is the CEO of Uber.
- Tata Motors Limited is an Indian multinational automotive manufacturing company, headquartered in Mumbai, India, which is part of the Tata Group.
- The company produces passenger cars, trucks, vans, coaches, and buses.
- Natarajan Chandrasekaran is the Chairman of Tata Motors and it CEO is Guenter Butschek.
15-21 Feb Important Question – 45
In which state the first nuclear plant of North India will be built?
a) Uttar Pradesh
15-21 Feb Important Answers – 45
The correct answer is Option D – Haryana
- According to Union Minister Jitendra Singh, the first nuclear power plant in North India will be built in Gorakhpur, Haryana.
- The capacity of the plant will be 1,400 MW.
- Nuclear power is the fifth largest source of electricity in India after coal, gas, hydro, and wind power.
- As of 2021, the nation has 22 reactors with a combined installed capacity of 6780 MW.
- The Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant is the largest nuclear power plant in India.
- The first nuclear power station was at Kakrapar in Gujarat in 1993.
Clear Your Concepts
Have You Downloaded Our App?
Get Courses & Test-series at Affordable Prices
How many state governors have been changed recently?
President Draupadi Murmu has approved the appointment of new governors for 13 states (12 states and 1 union territory).
List of names of governors of all states:
Andhra Pradesh: Shri Justice (Retd.) S. Abdul Nazeer
Arunachal Pradesh: Lt. General Kaiwalya Trivikram Parnaik
Assam: Shri Gulab Chand Kataria
Bihar: Shri Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
Chhattisgarh: Shri Biswa Bhusan Harichandan
Goa: Shri P.S. Sreedharan Pillai
Gujarat: Shri Acharya Dev Vrat
Haryana: Shri Bandaru Dattatraya
Himachal Pradesh: Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla
Jharkhand: Shri C.P. Radhakrishnan
Karnataka: Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot
Kerala: Shri Arif Mohammed Khan
Madhya Pradesh: Shri Mangubhai Chhaganbhai Patel
Maharashtra: Shri Ramesh Bais
Manipur: Sushri Anusuiya Uikye
Meghalaya: Shri Phagu Chauhan
Mizoram: Dr. Kambhampati Haribabu
Nagaland: Shri La. Ganesan
Odisha: Prof. Ganeshi Lal
Punjab: Shri Banwarilal Purohit
Rajasthan: Shri Kalraj Mishra
Sikkim: Shri Lakshman Prasad Acharya
Tamil Nadu: Shri R. N. Ravi
Telangana: Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan
Tripura: Shri Satyadeo Narain Arya
Uttar Pradesh: Smt. Anandiben Patel
Uttarakhand: Lt. Gen. Gurmit Singh
West Bengal: Dr. C.V. Ananda Bose.