15-21 Jan Weekly Current Affairs MCQs – 15-21 Jan all Important Current Affairs Questions and Answers with detailed explanation – Important weekly current affairs question with Solution – Weekly current affairs important questions pdf download – Important weekly MCQs with the solution for all types of Competitive exams – Important weekly quiz 2023 – Important weekly current affairs 2023 pdf – Weekly Current affairs explained questions for all types of Competitive exams – 15Jan to 21Jan All Important current affairs – 15Jan to 21Jan Important questions and answers – All Important Weekly current affairs questions for all government exams 2023
Free Jobs & Exams Preparation
Updates || Videos || Solved Papers
15-21 Jan Weekly Current Affairs MCQs in English
In this post, we are providing students with 15-21 January Important Current Affairs MCQs questions and answers for UPSC, SSC, and Banking exams.
|Weekly Current Affairs 2023||Current Affairs Tests||Awards & Honours 2022|
|Sports Current Affairs 2022||2023 Gov Exams Updates||Gov Exams Syllabus|
Click here for 15-21th Jan Weekly Current Affairs MCQs in Hindi
15-21 Jan Important Question – 1
In which city the first Infrastructure Working Group meeting of G20 will be held?
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 1
The correct answer is Option a – Pune
- The first-ever Infrastructure Working Group (IWG) meeting of the G20 Group under India’s G-20 presidency will be held in Pune, Maharashtra on January 16-17, 2023.
- The G20 is an intergovernmental forum of the world’s major developed and developing economies.
- The meeting was attended by 94 representatives from different countries, besides intellectuals and officials from India.
- The theme of the Indian G-20 presidency of 2023 is, ‘One Earth, One Family, One Future’.
- The meeting is being hosted by the Department of Economic Affairs, the Minister of Finance.
- Australia and Brazil are joining as co-chairs
- The ‘Think 20’ meeting under G20 began in Bhopal on 16 January 2023.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 2
On which day National Startup Day was observed?
a) 16 January
b) 10 January
c) 15 January
d) 11 January
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 2
The correct answer is Option A – 16 January
- With a focus on promoting and encouraging upcoming businesses in the country, January 16 has been adopted as the National Startup Day in 2023.
- On January 2022, PM Modi first announced the adoption of this day.
- To celebrate this day, the Ministry of Commerce has organized Startup India Innovation Week from 10 to 16 January 2023.
- Startup India is an initiative of the Government of India.
- The campaign was first announced by Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi during his speech on 15 August 2015.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 3
According to the annual inequality report released by Oxfam, the richest 1% in India now hold what share of the country’s total wealth?
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 3
The correct answer is Option B – 40%
- According to Oxfam, the richest 1% in India now own more than 40% of the country’s total wealth.
- The bottom half of India’s population owns only 3% of the wealth.
- Oxfam International is a group of independent non-governmental organizations established in 1995.
- It aims to maximize efficiency and achieve a greater impact in reducing global poverty and injustice.
- According to the annual inequality report released by Oxfam International, the richest 1% have amassed almost twice as much wealth as the rest of the world’s population over the past two years.
- Oxfam headquarters is in Nairobi, Kenya.
- These reports are published by – Inequality, Kills, and Global Inequality Crisis Reports.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 4
On which day the 148th Foundation Day of India Meteorological Department (IMD) was celebrated?
a) 16 January
b) 21 January
c) 15 January
d) 26 January
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 4
The correct answer is Option c – 15 January
- The 148th Foundation Day of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) was celebrated on 15 January 2023 in New Delhi.
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) is an agency of the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India.
- It was formed on 15 January 1975.
- IMD is headquartered in Delhi and operates hundreds of observation stations across India and Antarctica.
- It is the principal agency responsible for meteorological observations, weather forecasting, and seismology.
- The regional offices are at Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Nagpur, Guwahati, and New Delhi.
- IMD is one of the six Regional Specialized Meteorological Centers of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
- WMO is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for promoting international cooperation on atmospheric science, climate science, hydrology and geophysics.
- WMO has 192 member countries and its headquarters is in Geneva, Switzerland.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 5
In which state the popular bull-taming sport Jallikattu festival began from 14 January?
b) Tamil Nadu
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 5
The correct answer is Option B – Tamil Nadu
- Jallikattu is a popular bull-taming sport practiced in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- It is also known as ‘Eru Thazhuvuthal’ or ‘Mancuvirattu’.
- Jallikattu has been known to be practiced during the Tamil classical period (400–100 BCE).
- It was common among the Ayar tribespeople who lived in the ‘Mullai’ geographical region of the ancient Tamizh Nadu.
- Later, it became a platform for the display of bravery, and prize money was introduced for participation encouragement.
- Jallikattu is usually celebrated in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu on the day of Mattu Pongal as a part of Pongal celebrations, which takes place annually in January.
- These are the types of Jallikattu:
- Vadi Manjuvirattu: This is the most common category of Jallikattu. The bull is released from an enclosure and the contestants attempt to wrap their arms or hands around the hump of the bull and grab it to win the prize.
- Only one person is allowed to attempt at a time.
- This type is most common in Madurai, Theni, Thanjavur and Salem districts.
- Veli Virattu: In this version, the approach is slightly different as the bull is released directly into the open field.
- The rules are the same as those of Vadi Majuvirattu.
- It is a popular variant in Sivagangai and Madurai districts.
- Vatam Manjuvirattu: In this type, the bull is tied with a 15 m (49 ft) rope. There are no other physical restrictions for the bull and hence it can roam freely anywhere.
- A team of seven to nine members can attempt to open the gift token tied to the horn of the bull.
- The maximum time duration given is 30 minutes.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 6
Google Doodle is celebrating the 97th birth anniversary of KD Jadhav, he was associated with which field?
a) Social Worker
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 6
The correct answer is Option C – Wrestling
- Google o Celebrated the 97th birth anniversary of Indian wrestler Khashaba Dadasaheb Jadhav by making a doodle on 15 January 2023.
- He became the first athlete from independent India to win an Olympic medal at the 1952 Summer Olympics held in Helsinki.
- He was also known as Pocket Dynamo.
- In 2000, Khashaba Dadasaheb Jadhav received the Arjuna Award posthumously for his contribution to wrestling.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 7
What is the name of the train that runs between Ayodhya and Janakpur as announced by Indian Railways?
a) Luxury Tourist
b) Bharat Gaurav
c) Maharajas’ Express
d) Palace on Wheels
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 7
The correct answer is Option b – Bharat Gaurav
- Indian Railway has announced on 14 Jan 2023, to run the ‘Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC’ tourist train.
- it aims to strengthen relations between India and Nepal and promote cultural ties between the two countries.
- The train will depart from Delhi on 17 Feb 2023 and will cover Ayodhya ad Janakpur Dham (Nepal) as well as pilgrimage ad heritage sites at Nandigram, Sitamarhi, Varanasi, and Prayagraj.
- The Indian Railway’s Bharat Gaurav special tourist train is also set to embark on the Jyotirlinga Yatra.
- Nepal is mainly situated in the Himalayas, but also includes parts of the Indo-Gangetic Plain.
- The Capital of Nepal is Kathmandu.
- The President of Nepal is Bidya Devi Bhandari and Vice President is Nanda Kishor Pun.
- The Prime Minister of Nepal is Pushpa Kamal Daha.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 8
India announced to donate pentavalent vaccines to which country?
c) Sri Lanka
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 8
The correct answer is Option B – Cuba
- India announced to donate 12,500 doses of pentavalent vaccines to Cuba on 15 January 2023.
- The pentavalent vaccine protects the child against five life-threatening diseases – diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, hepatitis B and Hib.
- This was announced during the official visit of Minister of State for External Affairs Meenakshi Lekhi to Cuba from January 12 to January 14, 2023.
- Cuba is an island country located in the Caribbean Sea.
- In 2017, Cuba signed the United Nations Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.
- The capital of Cuba is Havana and the currency is the Cuban peso.
- The President of Cuba is Miguel Díaz-Canel and the Prime Minister is Manuel Marrero Cruz.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 9
Who among the following was crowned the 71st Miss Universe?
a) Divita Rai
b) R’Bonney Gabriel
c) Amanda Dudamel
d) Andrea Martínez
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 9
The correct answer is Option B – R’Bonney Gabriel
- Miss USA R’Bonney Gabriel was named the winner of the 71st annual Miss Universe pageant on 15 January 2023.
- She is also the first Filipina American to win Miss USA.
- Harnaaz Sandhu of India crowned R’Bonney Gabriel of the United States as Miss Universe 2022.
- Miss Venezuela Amanda Dudamel came second, followed by Miss Dominican Republic Andrea Martínez.
- Miss Universe 2022 was the 71st Miss Universe pageant, held at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States on January 14, 2023.
- Contestants from 84 countries and territories competed in this year’s pageant.
- Divita Rai represented India at Miss Universe 2022 to be held on January 14, 2023.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 10
Where was the 75th Army Day celebration held on 15th January?
a) New Delhi
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 10
The correct answer is Option C – Bengaluru
- India celebrated its 75th Army Day on 15 January 2023 in Bengaluru, Karnataka to honor the Indian Army.
- A parade was held in Bengaluru, making it the first time that the Army Day parade was held outside Delhi.
- On this day, General KM Cariappa took over the command of the Indian Army from General Sir FRR Butcher, the last British Commander-in-Chief in 1949.
- The Indian Army is the largest standing army in the world.
- It was established in 1895 and has Headquarters in New Delhi.
- The motto of the Indian Army is “Seva Paramo Dharma: (Service Before Self)”.
- Manoj Pandey is the present Chief of the Indian Army.
- The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 11
Where was the World Economic Forum 2023 summit held from January 16?
b) New Delhi
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 11
The correct answer is Option C – Davos
- The 53rd edition of the annual World Economic Forum Summit will be held in Davos, Switzerland from January 16 to 20, 2023.
- A delegation of Union ministers including Ashwini Vaishnav, Mansukh Mandaviya, Smriti Irani, and Adorn RK Singh will be present during the event.
- Telangana Industries Minister K. Tarakarama Rao will lead the state’s delegation to the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- The theme of WEF 2023 meeting is ‘Cooperation in a fragmented world’.
- WEF is an international non-governmental and lobbying organization.
- It was founded on 24 January 1971 by Klaus Schwab, a German engineer and economist.
- WEF is chaired by Borge Brende and headquartered in Cologne, Switzerland.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 12
What was the name of the last Nizam of Hyderabad who passed away on 14th January?
a) Mir Osman Ali Khan
b) Mukarram Jah Bahadur
c) Mir Mahboob Ali Khan Siddiqi
d) Mir Qamaruddin Khan Siddiqi
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 12
The correct answer is Option B – Mukarram Jah Bahadur
- The last Nizam of Hyderabad Mukarram Jah Bahadur passed away in Turkey on 14 Jan 2023.
- He was the 8th Nizam of Hyderabad.
- Mir Osman Ali Khan (Asaf Jah VII) was the last official Nizam of Hyderabad and was deposed in 1948 after Hyderabad’s incorporation into Independent India.
- His father Azam Jah was Nizam Mir Osman Ali Khan’s oldest son.
- The first Nizam of Hyderabad was Mir Qamar-ud-din Khan Siddiqi Bayafandi also called Asaf Jah I.
- Mir Qamaruddin was a General of in the Mughal Empire and had friendly relations with Aurangzeb.
- Hyderabad united with India on September 18, 1948.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 13
Who among the following has got the media rights of the World Indian Premier League?
b) Disney + Hotstar
d) ESPN Sports
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 13
The correct answer is Option A – Viacom18
- Viacom18 Media has acquired the media rights of the Women’s Indian Premier League (WIPL) for the period 2023-2027 for Rs 951 crore.
- Disney+ Hotstar, Sony-Zee and Viacom18 were leading the race.
- WIPL is going to start in March-April 2023.
- Six teams will participate in the tournament.
- Viacom18 gets this deal for Rs 7.09 crore per match.
- Significantly, the per-match value of the Indian Premier League (IPL) is Rs 107.5 crore.
- The idea for a women’s edition of the Indian Premier League was suggested after the 2017 Women’s Cricket World Cup, where the India women’s national cricket team finished second.
- The tournament was first introduced in 2018.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 14
Warehousing Development Regulatory Authority (WDRA) has tied up with which bank to help farmers?
a) Punjab National Bank
b) State Bank of India
c) Uco Bank
d) Bank of Baroda
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 14
The correct answer is Option B – State Bank of India
- WDRA signed an MoU with the State Bank of India on January 16, 2023, to help it get low-interest rate loans.
- The MoU was signed with the intention of promoting awareness about the new loan product called ‘Produce Marketing Loan’ to fund exclusively against e-NWR (Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt).
- This will help prevent distressed sales and release better prices for the produce.
- The Warehousing Development Regulatory Authority (WDRA) was constituted on October 26, 2010, under the Warehousing Act, of 2007.
- It is a statutory authority under the Department of Food and Public Distribution, Government of India.
- The headquarter of the authority is in New Delhi.
- SBI is the 49th largest bank in the world by total assets.
- It is also the fifth largest employer in India with approximately 250,000 employees.
- The Imperial Bank of India became the State Bank of India on 1 July 1955.
- Dinesh Kumar Khara is the chairman of SBI and it is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 15
Kollam of which state has become the first constitution-literate district of India?
a) Tamil Nadu
b) Andhra Pradesh
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 15
The correct answer is Option C – Kerala
- Kerala’s Kollam becomes the first constitution-literate district in India.
- This achievement is the result of a 7-month-long constitutional literacy campaign.
- It was launched jointly by the Kollam Administration and the Kerala Institute of Local Administration to create awareness about the laws of the country and the rights of citizens.
- Under this campaign, more than 7 lakh families in the district are being educated on the basic principles of the Constitution.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram;
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan;
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 16
Who declared Abdul Rehman Makki, close to Pakistan, as a global terrorist?
a) United States
b) United National Security Council
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 16
The correct answer is Option b – United National Security Council
- The United National Security Council (UNSC) has listed Abdul Rehman Makki as a global terrorist.
- He has already been listed as a terrorist by India and the United States.
- Makki has been involved in planning attacks in India.
- The development comes after India slammed China for blocking a proposal to list maize under the sanctions committee in 2022.
- The UNSC is one of the five principal organs of the United Nations.
- It is the only UN body with the authority to issue binding resolutions to member states.
- United Nations was established in 1945 and headquartered in New York (USA).
15-21 Jan Important Question – 17
Which is the Indian film to be screened at SCO Film Festival 2023?
a) Kashmir Files
c) Gangubai Kathiawadi
d) Toolisdas Junior
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 17
The correct answer is Option d – Toolsidas Junior
- National Award-winning movie “Toolsidas Junior” will be screened at the Shanghai Cooperation Organization Film Festival in Jan 2023.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organization Film Festival is being organized by the SCO Council.
- The film festival builds cultural bonding among the SCO countries.
- At the 68th National Film Awards 2022, “Toolsidas Junior”, directed by Mridul Toolsidass, bagged the National Film Award for the best feature film in Hindi.
- SCO was formed in 1996 by China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan.
- Today, the members of SCO are India, Uzbekistan, and Pakistan apart from the above five.
- Discussions at SCO are primarily focused on security matters.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 18
Sibi George was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to which country?
b) Marshall Islands
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 18
The correct answer is Option b – Marshall Islands
- Sibi George has been concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Marshall Islands on 16 January 2023.
- Sibi George, presently Ambassador of India to Japan.
- In 2014, the Government of India conferred on him the S.K. Singh Award for his Excellence in Indian Foreign Service.
- Marshall Island is an independent island country near the Equator in the Pacific Ocean.
- Capital: Delap-Uliga-Djarrit on Majuro;
- Currency: US Dollar
- President: David Kabua.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 19
With which country India will conduct the first exercise ‘Cyclone 1’ between special forces?
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 19
The correct answer is Option A – Egypt
- India and Egypt have announced to hold the first military exercise “Cyclone 1” involving special forces in Udaipur in January 2023.
- It is being organized to celebrate 75 years of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
- Egypt has also been invited as a guest country at the G20 summit to be held in 2023.
- Cairo is the capital and largest city of Egypt.
- The President of Egypt is Abdel Fattah El-Sisi.
- The Currency of Egypt is the Egyptian Pound.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 20
Which edition of the joint naval exercise ‘Varun’ between India and France will begin in 2023?
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 20
The correct answer is Option C – 21st
- The 21st edition of the bilateral naval exercise, “Exercise Varuna” between India and France began on 16 January 2023 in the Indian Ocean.
- The exercise will be conducted from 16 to 20 January 2023 and will witness advanced air defense exercises, tactical maneuvers, and surface firing.
- The bilateral exercise between the two navies started in 1993 and was named ‘Varuna’ in 2001.
- France is a country primarily located in Western Europe.
- It is also famous for its wines and refined cuisine.
- Emmanuel Macron is the President of France and Elizabeth Borne is the Prime Minister.
- Paris is the capital of France and its currency is Euro.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 21
NTPC REL signed MoU with which State for cooperation in renewable energy?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 21
The correct answer is Option A – Tripura
- NTPC Renewable Energy Limited signed an MoU with the Government of Tripura on 16 January 2023 in New Delhi.
- It was signed for the development of floating and ground-mounted based renewable energy projects in Tripura.
- NTPC Renewable Energy Limited (NTPCREL), incorporated on 7 October 2020, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NTPC Limited.
- It is India’s largest power utility and Rajeev Gupta is its Chief General Manager.
- Tripura is a hill state in northeastern India, bordering Bangladesh on three sides.
- Agartala is the capital of Tripura and the Chief Minister is Manik Saha.
- Satyadev Narayan Arya Hon’ble Governor of Tripura.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 22
Who broke MS Dhoni’s record of most sixes in ODIs in India?
a) Rohit Sharma
b) Suryakumar Yadav
c) Virat Kohli
d) Subham Gill
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 22
The correct answer is Option A – Rohit Sharma
- Rohit Sharma broke MS Dhoni’s long-standing record of hitting the most sixes in ODIs in India.
- Rohit broke this record on 18 January 2023 during the first ODI match played between India and New Zealand at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad.
- Rohit is now India’s leading six-hitter in the history of ODI cricket, with a total of 125 sixes to his name.
- Rohit Gurunath Sharma is the current captain of the Indian cricket team.
- Shubham Gill has become the fastest Indian and joint second (with Imam-ul-Haq of Pakistan) to score 1000 ODI runs in terms of innings.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 23
Who has got RBI approval to operate as Bharat Bill Payment Operation Unit?
a) Airtel Payments Bank Ltd.
b) Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited
c) Paytm Payments Bank Limited
d) Unity Small Finance Bank Ltd
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 23
The correct answer is Option C – Paytm Payments Bank Limited
- Paytm Payments Bank Limited (PPBL) has received final approval from the Reserve Bank of India to operate as a Bharat Bill Payment Operating Unit.
- Bharat Bill Payment Operating Unit is permitted to facilitate bill payment services for electricity, phone, DTH, water, gas, insurance, loan repayment, FASTag recharge, etc.
- It is an integrated bill payment system or a platform that acts as a link between various billers and users.
- Bharat Bill Payment Service is a product of the National Payments Council of India (NPCI).
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is the central bank of India and the regulatory body responsible for regulating the Indian banking system.
- Shaktikanta Das is serving as the current and 25th Governor of RBI.
- Paytm Payments Bank Ltd. (PPBL) is an Indian payments bank, established in 2015 and headquartered in Noida.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma is the President of Paytm Payments Bank.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 24
What is the name of the author who has received the Federal Bank Literary Award 2022?
a) Aurobindo Ghosh
b) K Venu
c) Jhumpa Lahiri
d) R. K. Narayan
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 24
The correct answer is Option B – K Venu
- Author K Venu won the first Federal Bank Literary Award 2022 for his autobiography ‘Ornavasanthinte Katha’.
- This is the first literary award instituted by the Federal Bank.
- By instituting the award, Federal Bank aims to celebrate the diversity of contemporary literature and recognize authors for their cultural contributions.
- K Venu is an Indian social commentator, writer and activist from Kerala.
- He served in the Indian Communist (Naxalite) movement from 1970 to 1991 and has been a social worker ever since.
- It also has representative offices abroad in Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, and Dubai.
- Federal Bank Limited is an Indian private-sector bank headquartered in Kochi, Kerala.
- Shyam Srinivasan is the MD & CEO.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 25
Which planet-sized exoplanet has been detected by NASA’s James Webb telescope?
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 25
The correct answer is Option A – Earth
- NASA’s James Webb Telescope discovered the first Earth-sized exoplanet.
- NASA’s telescope has discovered a new exoplanet named LHS 475b.
- It is roughly the same size as Earth, with a diameter equal to 99% of Earth’s.
- It differs from Earth in two respects, first that it completes one rotation in only two days, and second, it is hundreds of degrees hotter than Earth.
- It is a rocky planet located approximately 41 light-years away from Earth in the constellation Octane.
- The James Webb Telescope is the largest, most powerful infrared space telescope ever built.
- Exoplanets are planets that orbit other stars and are away from our solar system.
- According to NASA, more than 5,000 exoplanets have been discovered so far.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 26
With which country India is holding the 5th Foreign Policy and Security Dialogue on January 16-17?
c) South Korea
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 26
The correct answer is Option C – South Korea
- The dialogue between India and South Korea was held on 16-17 January 2023 in Seoul.
- Both agreed to work to make global supply chains more resilient and robust.
- They agreed to take concrete steps to take bilateral trade to $50 billion by 2030 from the current all-time high of $28 billion.
- South Korea is a country in East Asia, located in the southern part of the Korean Peninsula.
- The capital of South Korea is Seoul and the currency is Won.
- The President of South Korea is Yoon Suk Yeol.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 27
In which state did PM Modi inaugurate the second phase of Sansad Khel Mahakumbh?
a) Uttar Pradesh
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 27
The correct answer is Option A – Uttar Pradesh
- Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the second phase of Sansad Khel Mahakumbh 2022-2023 in the Basti district of Uttar Pradesh at Shaheed Satyawan Singh Stadium via video conferencing.
- The prime minister said that the effects of change could be seen through the achievements of the country in the field of sports.
- It organizes various competitions in both indoor and outdoor sports like wrestling, kabaddi, kho-kho, basketball, etc.
- The first phase was organized from 10 to 16 December 2022.
- It was organized in Basti by Lok Sabha MP Harish Dwivedi, along with Chief Minister Yogi Aditya Nath was also present.
- UP is the most populous state in India as well as the most populous country subdivision in the world.
- The capital of UP is Lucknow and the governor is Anandiben Patel.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 28
Which of these Indian actors is at the third position in the list of the world’s richest actors?
a) Salman Khan
b) Akshay Kumar
c) Shah Rukh Khan
d) Amitabh Bachchan
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 28
The correct answer is Option C – Shah Rukh Khan
- According to a recent list released by Statistics World in January 2023, Shah Rukh Khan is the third richest actor in the world with a net worth of $770 million.
- The list is topped by Jerry Seinfeld and Tyler Perry with $1 billion each.
- They are followed by Dwayne Johnson with $800 million.
- Shah Rukh is the only Indian on the list.
- Tom Cruise is the fifth position on the list with $620 million.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 29
Anani Ramachandran became the first LGBTQ woman to be sworn in as a council member of which country?
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 29
The correct answer is Option B – California
- Indian-American attorney, Janani Ramachandran became the youngest and first LGBTQ woman to be sworn in as a member of the Oakland City Council in the US state of California, on 17 January 2023.
- She currently serves on the California Commission on Asian and Pacific Islander Americal Affairs.
- She has also previously served s a Commissioner at the City of Oakland Public Ethics Commission.
- LGBTQIA+ is an abbreviation for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex, asexual, and more.
- These terms are used to describe a person’s sexual orientation.
- Indian Supreme Court, in 2018, decriminalized section 377, which titled homosexual relations as “unnatural offenses”.
- California, a western US state, stretches approximately 900 miles from the Mexican border along the Pacific.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 30
Which state has topped the charts of mobile gaming destinations in India?
a) Uttar Pradesh
d) West Bengal
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 30
The correct answer is Option A – Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh has emerged as the top destination for mobile gamers, followed by Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Bihar, and West Bengal.
- The report is as per the India Mobile Gaming Report 2022 released by the gaming platform Mobile Premier League (MPL) in January 2023.
- Odisha, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, and Himachal Pradesh saw the highest growth in mobile gaming in 2022 as compared to 2021.
- “India’s gaming market was estimated at $2.6 billion in FY2022 and will reach $8.6 billion by 2027.
- “Last year, India became the largest consumer of mobile games in the world, registering over 15 billion downloads.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 31
The population of which of these countries has decreased for the first time since 1961?
a) Sri Lanka
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 31
The correct answer is Option c – China
- China’s population has declined for the first time in 60 years, with a national birth rate of 6.77 births per 1,000 people.
- The number of people who die in China is more than the number of children born.
- According to China’s National Bureau of Statistics, China’s population is set to decline by about 850,000 to 1.41175 billion at the end of 2022.
- China is the most populous country in the world with a population of over 1.4 billion, slightly ahead of India.
- Negative population growth has now started in China.
- It is the third largest country in the world by total land area.
- Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang was re-elected for a second five-year term.
- The President of China is Xi Jinping.
- Beijing is the capital of China and its currency is Renminbi.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 32
On which day the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) celebrates its 18th Raising Day?
a) 15 January
b) 19 January
c) 21 January
d) 4 February
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 32
The correct answer is Option B – 19 January
- The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) Raising Day is commemorated on January 19, every year.
- It was formed in the year 2006 under Disaster Management Act, 2005.
- It plays a crucial role in the country’s disaster management and community awareness for Disaster Risk Reduction(DRR).
- NDRF at present consists of 12 Battalions.
- These battalions are located at 16 different locations on the basis of the vulnerability profile.
- The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) is an Indian specialized force constituted “for the purpose of a special response to a threatening disaster situation or disaster”.
- Atul Karwal is the Director General of NDRF.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 33
Which of these authors has won the Gaza Capital Business Book Prize 2022?
a) Harish Damodaran
b) Amrit Raj
c) K Venu
d) Mihir Dala
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 33
The correct answer is Option A – Harish Damodaran
- Journalist-author Harish Damodaran has been announced as the winner of the Gaza Capital Business Book Prize 2022.
- He received this award for his book ‘Broke to Breakthrough: The Rise of India’s Largest Private Dairy Company’.
- The book is a detailed account of the rise of Hatsun Agro and RG Chandramogan (Founder).
- The Gaj Capital Business Book Prize was established in 2019 to encourage Indian entrepreneurs, writers and journalists.
- The winner for 2021 was Amrit Raj for ‘Indian Icon: A Cult Called Royal Enfield’.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 34
What is India’s ranking in the Global Firepower Index 2023?
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 34
The correct answer is Option D – Fourth
- India ranked fourth in the Global Firepower Index 2023.
- The Global Firepower Index is a rating of the military forces of all countries on the planet.
- The index is topped by the US, Russia at second, China at third, and India at fourth.
- The smaller the score value, the more powerful the fighting ability.
- The Global Firepower Index ranked 145 countries.
- The countries were evaluated based on prolonged offensive and defensive military campaigns.
- A rating of 0.000 is the perfect score, which no country so far has attained.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 35
Which is the weakest economy country in South Asia as per the World Bank report?
d) Sri Lanka
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 35
The correct answer is Option B – Pakistan
- Pakistan is South Asia’s weakest economic country in the report of the World Bank.
- World Bank forecast Pakistan’s economic growth to slow further to two percent during 2023.
- This will mark a drop of two % points from its June 2022 estimates.
- The reason behind this is unprecedented floods, depleting forex reserves, food shortages, and poverty.
- It forecast Pakistan’s GDP growth rate improve to 3.2% in 2024, which would be lower than the earlier estimate of 4.2%.
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans and other forms of assistance to developing countries.
- The World Bank was established in 1944 as a part of the Bretton Woods Conference.
- David Malpass is the President of the World Bank and headquartered in Washington DC, United States.
- Islamabad is the capital of Pakistan and the Prime Minister is Shehbaz Sharif.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 36
Jacinda Ardern resigned as the Prime Minister of which country?
b) New Zealand
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 36
The correct answer is Option B – New Zealand
- Prime Minister of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern will step down on 7 Feb’2023.
- Ardern will not also contest the general elections set for 14 October.
- Ms. Jacinda Ardern became the youngest female head of government in the world when she was elected Prime Minister in 2017, aged 37.
- New Zealand is a sovereign island country located in the southwestern Pacific Ocean.
- Wellington is the Capital of New Zealand and the Prime minister of Chris Hipkins.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 37
Which country announced a 100 million Maldivian rufiyaa grant for Community Development?
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 37
The correct answer is Option C – India
- India has announced 100 million Maldivian Rufiyaa for community development projects in Maldives.
- It was announced during External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar’s visit to the Maldives in January 2023.
- They were also seen signing an MoU between Maldivian National University and Kochi University.
- Maldives has a high Human Development Index and is considered a developing country.
- Ibrahim Mohamed Solih is the President of Maldives.
- Male is the capital and Maldivian rufiyaa is the currency of Maldives
15-21 Jan Important Question – 38
The Chief Minister of which state launched the second phase of ‘Kanti Velugu’ in Khammam?
b) Tamil Nadu
d) Andhra Pradesh
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 38
The correct answer is Option A – Telangana
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao launched the second phase of the ‘Kanti Velugu’ initiative.
- The initiative is the Eye Screening program in Khammam district.
- Under the Kanti Velugu, free eye screening will be held at the special health camps for 100 days with 1500 medical teams.
- This program is considered the world’s largest eye check-up program.
- The first phase of Kanti Velugu was conducted by 827 health teams for eight months.
- It is the eleventh largest state and twelfth most populous state of India.
- On 2 June 2014, Telangana was carved out of the northwestern part of Andhra Pradesh to form the newly formed state, with Hyderabad as its capital.
- The Governor of Telangana is Tamilisai Soundararajan.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 39
Adani Enterprises has tied up with which Indian automobile company to develop a hydrogen-powered mining truck?
a) Tata Motors
b) Ashok Leyland
c) Bharat Benz
d) Force Motors
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 39
The correct answer is Option B – Ashok Leyland
- Adani Enterprises signed an agreement with Ashok Leyland, India and Ballard Power, Canada on 17 January 2023 to start a pilot project to develop hydrogen fuel cell electric trucks for mining logistics and transportation.
- The mining truck will weigh 55 tonnes and have a working range of 200 km.
- The agreement marks Asia’s first planned hydrogen-powered mining truck.
- Adani Enterprises Limited is an Indian multinational publicly listed holding company and a part of the Adani Group.
- It is headquartered in Ahmedabad and is primarily involved in the mining and trading of coal and iron ore.
- Gautam Adani is the Chairman and Founder of the Adani Group and Rajesh Adani is the Managing Director.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 40
Famous AD Damodaran who passed away was related to which field?
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 40
The correct answer is Option C – Scientist
- Renowned scientist and former director of CSIR-National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST) Damodaran passed away in Thiruvananthapuram in January 2023.
- He also served as the chairman of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment.
- He joined CSIR-NIIST as Director in May 1985.
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) was established in September 1942 by the Government of India.
- CSIR is one of the largest publicly funded R&D organizations in the world.
- CSIR is funded through the Societies Registration Act, 1980.
- Dr. Nallathambi Kalaiselvi is the current Director General of CSIR.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 41
The world’s oldest person Lucille Randon passed away and belonged to which country?
d) Sri Lanka
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 41
The correct answer is Option B – France
- Lucille Randon, the world’s oldest female French nun, died in January 2023 at the age of 118.
- He was born on 11 February 1904 in southern France.
- Guinness World Records officially recognized her status in April 2022.
- In the year 2022, the world’s oldest person Ken Tanaka of Japan passed away.
- He was 119 years old.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 42
Which African country’s Vice President Badara Aliyu Joff passed away in India?
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 42
The correct answer is Option A – Gambia
- On 18 January 2023, Badra Aliyu Joffe, the Vice President of the West African country The Gambia, passed away after a brief illness in India.
- He took office as Vice President in 2022 and served as the Gambia’s Minister of Education from 2017 to 2022.
- He also worked at the World Bank as an education specialist for West and Central Africa.
- The Gambia is a West African country.
- It got its independence from the United Kingdom on 18 February 1965.
- Banjul is the capital of Gambia and the currency is Gambian Dalasi.
- The Gambian Dalasi is the President of The Gambia.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 43
Who has been appointed as the Deputy National Security Advisor (NSA)?
a) Pankaj Kumar Singh
b) Sheel Vardhan Singh
c) Sujoy Lal Thaosen
d) Anish Dayal Singh
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 43
The correct answer is Option A – Pankaj Kumar Singh
- Retired Director General of Border Security Force (BSF) Pankaj Kumar Singh has been appointed as Deputy NSA with effect from 17 January 2023.
- He has been appointed for a period of two years.
- He had earlier served as Inspector General of CRPF in Chhattisgarh.
- The National Security Advisor is the senior official on the National Security Council of India, and the chief advisor to the Prime Minister of India on national security policy and international affairs.
- Ajit Doval is the current NSA chief and has the same rank as a Union Cabinet Minister.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 44
Which Kalvari class submarine will be commissioned by the Indian Navy on 23 January 2023?
a) INS Vagshir
b) INS Vagir
c) INS Karanj
d) INS Kalvari
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 44
The correct answer is Option B – INS Vagir
- Kalvari class submarine Vagir will be commissioned by the Indian Navy on 23 January 2023.
- It is built in India by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited, Mumbai in collaboration with M/s Naval Group, France.
- It can underwater or surface attack with torpedoes and tube-launched anti-ship missiles.
- The submarine was built under Project 75.
- Project 75 envisages the construction of 6 Kalvari class diesel-electric attack submarines based on the Scorpene class.
- INS Kalvari, INS Khanderi, INS Karanj, and INS Vela have already been commissioned.
- INS Vagir and INS Vagshir are yet to be commissioned.
- The erstwhile Vagir was commissioned on 01 Nov 1973 and decommissioned on 07 Jan 2001 after three decades of service.
15-21 Jan Important Question – 45
Where will the 8th Indian International Science Festival be held?
c) New Delhi
15-21 Jan Important Answers – 45
The correct answer is Option A – Bhopal
- The 8th India International Science Festival (IISF) will be organized from 21-24 January 2023 at MANIT, Bhopal.
- The festival will be jointly organized by the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Ministry of Science and Technology, and Vigyan Bharati.
- The theme of IISF is “Moving Towards Amrit Kaal with Science Technology and Innovation”.
- IISF is being organized annually since 2015.
- It showcases and celebrates the fruits of science and technology.
Have You Downloaded Our App?
Best Courses & Test-series at Affordable Prices
Nishant eAcademy App
- Topic-wise Recorded Video-Classes
- Topic-wise Practice Test
- Full-Length Mock-Test
- Doubt Batch