22-28 Feb Weekly Current Affairs MCQs – 22-28 Feb all Important Current Affairs Questions and Answers with detailed explanation – Important weekly current affairs question with Solution – Weekly current affairs important questions pdf download – Important weekly MCQs with the solution for all types of Competitive exams – Important weekly quiz 2023 – Important weekly current affairs 2023 pdf – Weekly Current affairs explained questions for all types of Competitive exams – 22Feb to 28Feb All Important current affairs – 22Feb to 28Feb Important questions and answers – All Important Weekly current affairs questions for all government exams 2023
22-28 Feb Weekly Current Affairs MCQs in English
In this post, we are providing students with 22-28 February Important Current Affairs MCQs questions and answers for UPSC, SSC, and Banking exams.
Have You Downloaded Our App?
Get Courses & Test-series at Affordable Prices
|Weekly Current Affairs 2023||Current Affairs Tests||Awards & Honours 2022|
|Sports Current Affairs 2022||2023 Gov Exams Updates||Gov Exams Syllabus|
22-28 Feb Important Question – 1
La Ganesan has been appointed as the new governor of which state?
b) Arunachal Pradesh
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 1
The correct answer is Option C – Nagaland
- La Ganesan was sworn in as the 21st Governor of Nagaland on 20 February 2023.
- He replaced Assam Governor Professor Jagdish Mukhi, who was holding the additional charge of Nagaland.
- Prior to this appointment, Ganesan was the Governor of Manipur and West Bengal.
- Nagaland is a landlocked state in the northeastern region of India.
- Nagaland became the 16th state of India on 1 December 1963 with Kohima as its capital.
- Neiphiu Rio is the Chief Minister of Nagaland.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 2
Who won the best actor award at the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival?
a) Varun Dhawan
b) Ranbir Kapoor
c) Ayushmaan Khurana
d) Vikky Koshal
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 2
The correct answer is Option B – Ranbir Kapoor
- Ranbir Kapoor was awarded the Best Actor Award for Brahmastra at the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival.
- While Alia Bhatt was awarded the Best Actress Award.
- Anupam Kher received the Most Versatile Actor of the Year Award for ‘The Kashmir Files’ movie.
- The Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival awards were announced on 20 Feb 2023 in Mumbai.
- It is the country’s highest award in the field of cinema.
- The 2023 winners were revealed by the Directorate of Film Festivals:
- Best Film award: The Kashmir Files;
- Best Director: R Balki for ‘Chup: Revenge of The Artist;
- International Film of the Year award: SS Rajamouli’s ‘RRR’;
- Best Web Series; Rudra: The Edge of Darkness;
- Critics Best Actor: Varun Dhawan for (Bhediya);
- Most Promising Actor award: Rishab Shetty (Kannada film ‘Kantara’);
- Outstanding Contribution to The Film Industry: Rekha;
- Television Series of The Year: Anupamaa.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 3
On which day the International Mother Language Day observed this year?
a) 21 February
b) 28 February
c) 19 February
d) 13 February
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 3
The correct answer is Option A – 21 February
- International Mother Language Day is observed on 21 February to promote awareness of linguistic and cultural diversity and to promote multilingualism.
- The purpose of celebrating this day is to promote linguistic and cultural diversity and multilingualism in the world.
- The theme for 2023 is ‘Multilingual Education – The need to transform education’.
- First announced by UNESCO on 17 November 1999.
- The idea to celebrate International Mother Language Day was the initiative of Bangladesh.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 4
Who won the bronze medal in the women’s 10m air rifle at the ISSF World Cup?
a) Manu Bhaker
b) Tilottama Sen
c) Anjum Moudgil
d) Shreyasi Singh
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 4
The correct answer is Option B – Tilottama Sen
- Indian teenager Tilottama Sen has won a bronze medal in the women’s 10m air rifle at the ISSF World Cup in Cairo, Egypt.
- The 14-year-old Sen won India’s second bronze medal after finishing in the top eight ranking round with a score of 262, fifth overall.
- Rudrankksh Patil won the gold medal in the men’s 10m air rifle event at the ISSF Shooting World Cup.
- Seonaid McIntosh of Great Britain won the gold and Olympic champion Nina Christen of Switzerland took the silver.
- The meet in Cairo is the second stage of the ISSF World Cup this year for rifle and pistol shooters.
- The ISSF World Cup was introduced by the International Shooting Sport Federation in 1986 to provide a homogeneous system for qualification to the Olympic shooting competitions.
- ISSF was established in 1907 and is headquartered in Munich, Germany.
- Vladimir Lisin is the President.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 5
Which country announced suspending itself from the bilateral treaty START?
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 5
The correct answer is Option A – Russia
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has announced that Russia is suspending its participation in New START.
- It was the last remaining major military agreement with the United States.
- The name START comes from the original “Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty”, known as START-I.
- START I (Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty) was a bilateral treaty between the United States and the Soviet Union on the reduction and limitation of strategic offensive arms.
- START was signed between the US and the then USSR in 1991, and came into force in 1994.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 6
The Union Cabinet approved India to sign an air services agreement with which country?
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 6
The correct answer is Option B – Guyana
- The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of an air services agreement between India and Guyana.
- The agreement will provide the legal framework for air operations between the two countries.
- At present, India has air service agreements with around 110 countries.
- Guyana is a country located on the northern mainland of South America.
- The capital city is Georgetown and its currency is the Guyanese dollar.
- Irfan Ali is the President of Guyana and its Prime Minister is Mark Phillips.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 7
Which of these country’s court has recognized the rights of a same-sex couple for the first time?
c) South Korea
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 7
The correct answer is Option C – South Korea
- A court in South Korea has recognized the rights of a same-sex couple for the first time in the country.
- The court has ruled that same-sex couples in the country are entitled to the same type of marital coverage that is allowed under the National Health Insurance Service as heterosexual couples.
- The verdict was announced by the Seoul High Court on February 21, 2023.
- South Korea, an East Asian nation located in the southern half of the Korean Peninsula, shares one of the world’s most heavily militarized borders with North Korea.
- Seoul is the capital of South Korea and the currency is Won.
- The President of South Korea is Yoon Suk Yeol and its Prime Minister is Han Duck-soo.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 8
Who among the following took oath as the Governor of Assam on 22 February 2023?
a) La Ganesan
b) Jagdish Mukhi
c) Gulab Chand Kataria
d) KT Parnaik
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 8
The correct answer is Option C – Gulab Chand Kataria
- Gulab Chand Kataria will take oath as the Governor of Assam on February 22, 2023.
- He is a senior leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party and the Leader of the Opposition in the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly.
- He will replace Jagdish Mukhi for this post.
- Assam is a state in Northeast India.
- Assam is known for Assam tea and Assam silk.
- The state was the first site for oil drilling in Asia.
- The Chief Minister of the state is Himanta Biswa Sarma (BJP).
22-28 Feb Important Question – 9
Which state’s High Court has become the first High Court in the country to publish judgments in regional languages?
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 9
The correct answer is Option B – Kerala
- The Kerala High Court published its two recent judgments in Malayalam on 21 February 2023.
- With this, the Kerala High Court became the first High Court in the country to publish judgments in the regional language.
- February 21 was also celebrated as International Mother Language Day.
- The judgment in Malayalam was uploaded on the court’s website just below the English version.
- Malayalam is the most widely spoken language and is also the official language of the state.
- Kerala is a state located on the Malabar Coast of India.
- Kerala has the highest Human Development Index (HDI) in India; the highest literacy rate in India (96.2); the highest life expectancy, 77.3 years; and the highest sex ratio, 1,084 females per 1,000 males.
- Thiruvananthapuram is the capital of Kerala.
- The Chief Minister is Pinarayi Vijayan and the Governor is Arif Mohammad Khan.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 10
JP Nadda released the book titled “Modi: Shaping a Global Order in Flux”, this book was published by?
a) Penguin Random House India
b) Wisdom Tree
c) Aleph Book Company
d) HarperCollins Publishers India
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 10
The correct answer is Option B – Wisdom Tree
- The book “Modi: Shaping a Global Order in Flux” is published by Wisdom Tree.
- BJP National President JP Nadda released the book “Modi: Shaping a Global Order in Flux” on 22 February 2023 in Delhi.
- Wisdom Tree is an independent award-winning Indian publishing organization that believes in creating books that are Indian in origin and global in appeal.
- The foreword of the book has been written by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar.
- The book has been edited by Sujan Chinoy, Vijay Chauthaiwale, and Uttam Kumar Sinha.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 11
India has signed an agreement with which country for sharing information in maritime security?
a) Sri Lanka
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 11
The correct answer is Option C – Seychelles
- Information Fusion Center – Indian Ocean Region of India and Regional Coordination Operations Centre, Seychelles signed an MoU on maritime cooperation on 22 February 2023.
- The objective of the MoU is to promote collaboration between the two centers to enhance maritime domain awareness, information sharing, and expertise development.
- They also signed an agreement to share White Shipping information.
- Seychelles is an archipelagic nation consisting of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean.
- It is the smallest African country in terms of population.
- Its capital and largest city is Victoria and the currency is Rupee.
- Wavell Ramkalawan is the President of Seychelles.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 12
Who has been appointed as the new Drug Controller General of India?
a) Dr. VG Somani
b) Mr. Rajeev Raghuvanshi
c) Dr. M Srinivas
d) Mansukh L. Mandaviya
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 12
The correct answer is Option B – Mr. Rajeev Raghuvanshi
- Shri Rajeev Raghuvanshi has been appointed as the new Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) on 22 February 2023.
- He replaced Dr. VG Somani as the DCGI who was holding the post since 2019.
- For his contribution, Dr. Reddy’s Labs has awarded him with the ‘Dr. Reddy’s Excellence Award’ twice.
- The Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) is the head of the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) in India.
- It works under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- It is responsible for ensuring the safety, efficacy, and quality of drugs and medical devices in the country.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 13
Iron Lady Dr. Kanak Rele, who passed away on 22nd February 2023, was famous for which classical dance?
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 13
The correct answer is Option A – Mohiniyattam
- World-renowned dancer and exponent of Mohiniyattam, Dr. Kanak Rele passed away on 22 February 2023.
- He established the Nalanda Dance Research Center and the Nalanda Nritya Kala Mahavidyalaya, which pioneered dance research.
- He has received Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri, Kalidas Samman, and Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards.
- Mohiniyattam is an Indian classical dance form that developed and became popular in the state of Kerala.
- While Kathakali is another classical dance form of Kerala.
- It is based on the Lasya style of Natya Shastra
- The song played is usually in a Malayalam-Sanskrit hybrid called Manipravalam.
- Mohiniyattam is traditionally a solo dance performed by women after extensive training, although nowadays men can also dance.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 14
Who was honored with the APJ Abdul Kalam Lifetime Achievement Award at the Sansad Ratna Awards 2023?
a) Adhir Ranjan Chowdhary
b) T K Rangarajan
c) Gopal Chinayya Shetty
d) Bidyut Baran Mahato
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 14
The correct answer is Option B – T K Rangarajan
- Prominent CPI-M leader T K Rangarajan was nominated for the “Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Lifetime Achievement Award”.
- The award will be given on 25 March 2023 in New Delhi.
- 13 Members of Parliament (MPs): 5 from Rajya Sabha and 8 from Lok Sabha are nominated for Ratna Awards 2023.
- The Sansad Ratna Awards were instituted at the suggestion of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam to honor top-performing Parliamentarians.
- He himself inaugurated the first edition of the award ceremony in 2010.
- So far 90 top-performing parliamentarians have been honored with this award.
- The jury committee for the 2023 awards is headed by Arjun Ram Meghwal and co-chaired by TS Krishnamurthy.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 15
Vishwabhushan Harichandan took oath as the Governor of which state?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 15
The correct answer is Option A – Chhattisgarh
- Biswabhushan Harichandan took an oath of office as the 9th Governor of Chhattisgarh on 23 February 2023.
- Prior to this, he was the Governor of Andhra Pradesh.
- He was the founder and President of BJP in Odisha in 1980.
- Anusuiya Uikey was sworn in as the 16th Governor of Manipur on 22 February 2023.
- Chhattisgarh is a landlocked state in central India.
- It was given statehood on 1 November 2000 with Raipur as the designated state capital.
- Bhupesh Baghel is the Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 16
In which city the Ministry of Agriculture inaugurated the National Horticulture Fair?
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 16
The correct answer is Option B – Bengaluru
- Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the four-day National Horticulture Fair on 22 February 2023 in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Organized by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and the Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR), the fair will showcase vegetable, flower, and medicinal crop varieties for import substitution, pollination in protected cultivation, leaf curl, and the latest technologies.
- Agricultural and Processed Food Export Development Authority (APEDA) is participating in the 28th edition of Gulfood 2023 to be held in February 2023 in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
22-28 Feb Important Question – 17
7-year-old Prince Jigme Namgyel Wangchuck has become the first digital citizen of which country?
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 17
The correct answer is Option C – Bhutan
- Bhutan’s Royal Highness the Gyalsi (Prince) Jigme Namgyel Wangchuck has become the country’s first digital citizen by associating with the Bhutan National Digital Identity (NDI) mobile wallet in February 2023.
- Bhutan uses state-of-the-art technology to provide NDI citizens with secure and verifiable identity credentials to ensure the privacy and security of their personal information.
- Bhutan is a landlocked country in South Asia.
- It is also known as the “Land of the Thunder Dragon”.
- Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck is the king of Bhutan.
- Thimphu is the capital and Bhutanese Ngultrum is the currency of Bhutan.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 18
Who has got SEBI’s final approval to start Social Stock Exchange?
a) Bombay Stock Exchange
b) National Stock Exchange
c) Newyork Stock Exchange
d) Calcutta Stock Exchange
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 18
The correct answer is Option B – National Stock Exchange
- National Stock Exchange (NSE) has got the go-ahead from SEBI to launch its social stock exchange, with in-principle approval for the same in December 2022.
- The idea of the social stock exchange was first mooted in the Union Budget 2019-20 to enable entities involved in social activities like charitable trusts and non-profit organizations to access the capital market for funds.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is a statutory body and market regulator owned by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
- It was established as an executive body on 12 April 1988 and given statutory powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
- Madhavi Puri Buch is the current chairperson and has also become the first woman chairperson of SEBI.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 19
Which Central Asian country was hit by a 6.8 magnitude earthquake on 23 February 2023?
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 19
The correct answer is Option A – Tajikistan
- On 23 February 2023 at 5:37 am local time, an earthquake of about 6.8 magnitudes struck eastern Tajikistan.
- Its impact was also felt in China and other neighboring countries.
- The epicenter was about 82 km from the nearest border with China.
- Tajikistan is a landlocked country in Central Asia.
- It is bordered by Afghanistan in the south, Uzbekistan in the west, Kyrgyzstan in the north, and China in the east.
- It is narrowly separated from Pakistan by the Wakhan Corridor in Afghanistan.
- Its capital and largest city is Dushanbe and the currency is the somoni.
- Emomali Rahmon is the President and Kokhir Rasulzoda is the Prime Minister.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 20
CAG Girish Chandra Murmu has been selected as the external auditor of which organization in Geneva?
a) World Health Organisation
b) International Committee of the Red Cross
c) International Labour Organisation
d) Food and Agricultural Organisation
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 20
The correct answer is Option C – International Labour Organisation
- Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG), Girish Chandra Murmu has been selected as the external auditor of the International Labor Organization (ILO) in Geneva for a four-year term from 2024 to 2027.
- The CAG will succeed the Supreme Audit Institution of the Philippines as the external auditor.
- CAG was appointed for its high standing on professionalism, global audit experience, and strong national credentials.
- ILO is a United Nations agency that deals with labor issues, international labor standards, and social protection.
- It was established in 1919 by the Treaty of Versailles.
- It became the first specialized agency of the United Nations (UN) in the year 1946.
- It received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1969.
- Its headquarters is in Geneva, Switzerland.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 21
Justice S Abdul Nazeer was sworn in as the Governor of which state?
b) Andhra Pradesh
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 21
The correct answer is Option B – Andhra Pradesh
- Justice S Abdul Nazeer was sworn in as the 24th Governor of Andhra Pradesh on 23 February 2023.
- He succeeds Biswa Bhushan Harichandan, who has been given the charge of Chhattisgarh state.
- He is a former judge of the Supreme Court.
- Andhra Pradesh is a state located in the southeastern coastal region of India.
- It has the second longest coastline in India after Gujarat at about 974 km (605 mi).
- Andhra State was the first state in India to be formed on a linguistic basis on 1 October 1953.
- The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh is YS Jagan Mohan Reddy and the capital is Amaravati.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 22
Who among the following inaugurated Karnataka’s festival ‘Barisu Kannada Dindimava’ on 25 February 2023?
a) Basavaraj Bommai
b) PM Modi
c) Thawar Chand Gehlot
d) Amit Shah
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 22
The correct answer is Option B – PM Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the “Barisu Kannada Dindimava” cultural festival on 25 February 2023 at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi.
- The festival is being organized to celebrate Karnataka’s culture, traditions, and history.
- Karnataka is a state in the Southwestern region of India.
- Its capital and largest city is Bangalore.
- The Chief Minister of Karnataka is Basavaraj Bommai (BJP) and its Governor is Thawar Chand Gehlot.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 23
On which day Central Excise Day is observed?
a) 24 February
b) 19 February
c) 28 February
d) 15 February
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 23
The correct answer is Option A – 24 February
- Central Excise Day is observed every year on 24 February to honor the service of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) to the country.
- The day is observed to commemorate the enactment of the Central Excise and Salt Act on 24 February 1944.
- Customs, GST, Central Excise and Service Tax (CST), and Narcotics are administered by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) in India.
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs is one of the two bodies of the Indian Revenue Service (IRS).
- The IRS consists of two branches, the Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) and the Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Indirect Taxes).
- It is regulated by two different statutory bodies, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
- Vivek Johri is the chairman of CBIC.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 24
Which Public Sector Company ranked No.1 independent power producer globally?
a) TATA Power
b) Power Grid Corporation of India
c) NTPC Limited
d) National Hydroelectric Power Corporation
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 24
The correct answer is Option C – NTPC Limited
- NTPC Limited ranked No. 1 globally independent power producers and energy traders in the S&P Global Commodity Insights Top 250 Global Energy Company Ranking 2022 in February 2023.
- NTPC Limited is India’s largest power-generating company and contributes 24% of the total electricity produced in India.
- NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation Limited) is an Indian Central Public Sector Undertaking, owned by the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- The PSU has also ventured into oil and gas exploration and coal mining.
- The company was founded on 7 November 1975 by India’s former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- The Chairman and MD of NTPC Limited is Gurdeep Singh.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 25
President Draupadi Murmu presented the Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for which year?
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 25
The correct answer is Option D – All
- On 23 February 2023, President Draupadi Murmu presented the Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowships and Awards for the years 2019, 2020, and 2021 in New Delhi.
- On the occasion, Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowships were awarded to eight eminent personalities in the field of performing arts.
- A total of 128 artists were given awards from the fields of music, dance, theatre, traditional, folk, and puppetry.
- The Akademi honored 86 artists with special one-time awards to mark 75 years of India’s independence.
- The Sangeet Natak Akademi Award is an award given by the Sangeet Natak Akademi for music, dance, and drama in India.
- It is the highest Indian honor given to people in the field of performing arts.
- It was created in 1952 by the Ministry of Education with Dr. PV Rajamannar as its first chairman.
- It was inaugurated in 1953 by Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India.
- Sandhya Purecha is the current chairperson of the Sangeet Natak Akademi.
Have You Downloaded Our App?
Get Courses & Test-series at Affordable Prices
22-28 Feb Important Question – 26
Where is the Agriculture Innovation Mission for Climate being organized in which India participated?
a) New Delhi
b) Abu Dhabi
c) New York
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 26
The correct answer is Option B – Abu Dhabi
- India recently joined the Agricultural Innovation Mission for Climate (AIM4C) on the sidelines of the I2U2 Business Forum held in Abu Dhabi.
- The main objective of the initiative is to address hunger and climate change.
- AIM4C is a global platform launched by the US and the UAE with the aim of accelerating investment and support for climate-smart agriculture and food systems innovation.
- The I2U2 initiative is a new group of India, Israel, USA, and UAE.
- The group met for the first time under a new framework in October 2021.
- The group aims to strengthen ties between these four countries and discuss food security, maritime, and other areas of cooperation.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 27
Which country’s membership has been suspended by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF)?
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 27
The correct answer is Option C – Russia
- Global anti-money laundering watchdog the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has suspended Russia’s membership over the Ukraine war.
- FATF said that Russia’s actions unacceptable run counter to the FATF core principles aiming to promote security, safety, and the integrity of the global financial system.
- The FATF is an intergovernmental organization created by the 1989 G7 summit in Paris to combat the growing problem of money laundering.
- Its headquartered in Paris, France and it has 39 member states.
- The current chairman of FATF is T Raja Kumar.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 28
Which of the following will launch the AI language model LLaMA?
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 28
The correct answer is Option A – Meta
- LLaMA is a large language model developed by Meta that is similar to ChatGPT.
- The main purpose of the model is to assist researchers in the field of AI.
- LLaMA is the third major language model developed by META.
- The first was Galactica and the second was Blader.
- It has not yet been released to the market, and only the research paper has been published.
- Meta Platforms, Inc. is an American multinational technology conglomerate based in Menlo Park, California.
- It was previously named Facebook, Inc.
- The company owns Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp, among other products and services.
- Mark Zuckerberg, Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCallum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes are the founders.
- Mark Zuckerberg has been CEO since 2004.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 29
How many cooperative banks have been imposed restrictions by the Reserve Bank of India?
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 29
The correct answer is Option A – Five
- RBI imposes several restrictions on 5 cooperative banks including withdrawal on 22 February 2023 in view of the deteriorating financial condition of lenders.
- The restrictions will remain in place for six months and include a ban on granting loans, making investments, incurring any liability, or disposing of properties without prior approval from RBI.
- This move by RBI is aimed at safeguarding the interests of depositors and ensuring the stability of the financial system.
- Customers of three of the banks, HCBL Co-operative Bank, Adarsh Mahila Nagari Sahakari Bank Maryadit, and Shimsha Sahakara Bank Niyamitha, will not be able to withdraw funds from their accounts due to the banks’ present liquidity position.
- However, customers of Uravakonda Co-operative Town Bank and Shankarrao Mohite Patil Sahakari Bank can withdraw up to ₹5,000.
- The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank and regulatory body responsible for the regulation of the Indian banking system.
- It is under the ownership of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
- It commenced its operations on 1 April 1935 in accordance with the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- Shaktikanta Das is the Governor of RBI.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 30
Which of these films has won the Best International Film award at the Hollywood Critics Association (HCA) Film Awards?
b) K.G.F: Chapter 2
d) Gangubai Kathiawadi
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 30
The correct answer is Option C – RRR
- SS Rajamouli’s directorial venture ‘RRR’ has won the Best International Film award at the 6th Hollywood Critics Association (HCA) Film Awards.
- The awards were held in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, USA.
- The film ‘RRR’ also won three other awards at the HCA for Best Action Film, Best Stunts, and Best Original Song (Naatu Naatu).
- The song “Naatu Naatu” is composed by MM Keeravani.
- In 2016, Scott Menzel, Scott Mantz, and Ashley Menzel noted that there was only one film critics organization in Los Angeles.
- She founded the Los Angeles Online Film Critics Society as a critics group that is diverse and supports underrepresented voices.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 31
Who has become the first state in the country to use a ‘Robotic Scavenger’ for cleaning manholes?
a) New Delhi
d) Tamil Nadu
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 31
The correct answer is Option C – Kerala
- The Kerala govt on 24 Feb 2023 launched a robotic scavenger, Bandicoot, to clean the manhole in the town of Guruvayur.
- Bandicoot is an effort to eliminate manual scavenging providing respite for workers engaged in manhole cleaning.
- It is the first robotic scavenger in the world.
- Bandicoot is a robotic scavenger developed by Thiruvananthapuram-based Genrobotics.
- It recently bagged the ‘Kerala Pride’ award at the Huddle Global 2022 conclave organized by Kerala Startup Mission.
- Kerala temple has also introduced a robotic elephant to perform ritual duties.
- Pinarayi Vijayan is the Chief Minister of Kerala and its capital is Thiruvananthapuram.
- Since 6 September 2019, Arif Mohammad Khan is the Governor.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 32
Who inaugurated the 19th Annual Zone III Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Conference in Sikkim?
a) Om Birla
b) PM Modi
c) Prem Singh Tamang
d) Ram Nath Kovind
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 32
The correct answer is Option A – Om Birla
- Lok Sabha Speaker, Om Birla inaugurated the 19th Annual Zone III Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) Conference in Gangtok, Sikkim on 23 February 2023.
- The Zone III of the CPA Conference is an important platform of the Indian region where MLAs from the North Eastern region discuss many subjects and issues and reach general solutions.
- Sikkim is a state in Northeastern India.
- Sikkim is the least populous and second smallest among the Indian states.
- Sikkim’s capital and largest city is Gangtok.
- The Chief Minister of Sikkim is Prem Singh Tamang and the governor is Lakshman Acharya.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 33
On which day was the death anniversary of Chandrashekhar Azad observed?
a) 23 February
b) 27 February
c) 23 March
d) 14 February
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 33
The correct answer is Option B – 27 February
- February 27 is celebrated as the death anniversary of freedom fighter Chandrashekhar Azad.
- He died in 1931 after shooting himself in the head.
- He was involved in the Kakori Train Robbery of 1925, the shooting of John P. Saunders at Lahore in 1928 to avenge the killing of Lala Lajpat Rai, and at last, in the attempt to blow up the Viceroy of India’s train in 1929.
- World NGO Day is also celebrated on 27 February every year.
- Chandra Shekhar Azad was born on 23 July 1906 in a Brahmin family in Bhabhra village.
- His parents were Sitaram Tiwari and Jagrani Devi.
- He was an Indian revolutionary who reorganized the Hindustan Republican Association (HRA) under the new name of the Hindustan Socialist Republican Association (HSRA) after the death of its founders.
- The founder of HRA was Ram Prasad Bismil and three other prominent party leaders, Roshan Singh, Rajendra Nath Lahiri, and Ashfaq Ulla Khan.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 34
Which team defeated South Africa to win the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023?
c) South Africa
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 34
The correct answer is Option B – Australia
- In women’s cricket, Australia has won the ICC T20 World Cup trophy for the sixth time.
- In the final match on 26 February 2023, they defeated South Africa by 19 runs at the Newlands Cricket Ground in Cape Town.
- India defeated Ireland by DLS method to enter the semi-finals of the Women’s T20 World Cup 2023.
- The 2023 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup was the eighth edition of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup tournament.
- It was held in South Africa between 10 February to 26 February 2023.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 35
Indian Air Force contingent will participate in the military exercise ‘Cobra Warrior’ organized in which country?
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 35
The correct answer is Option A – UK
- An Indian Air Force (IAF) contingent consisting of 145 air warriors will participate in ‘Exercise Cobra Warrior’ at Royal Air Force’s Waddington Air Force Base in the UK.
- It is a multilateral air exercise in which Finland, Sweden, South Africa, US and Singapore are also participating.
- The Indian Air Force will participate with five Mirage and 2000 fighters.
- The exercise is scheduled from March 6 – 24, 2023.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) is the air arm of the Indian Armed Forces.
- Its complement of personnel and aircraft assets rank it as the third most powerful air force in the world.
- It was officially established on 8 October 1932 as the Auxiliary Air Force of the British Empire.
- Chief of the Air Staff (CAS) Air Chief Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhary and Vice Chief of the Air Staff (VCAS) Air Marshal Amar Preet Singh.
- The Chief of Defense Staff (CDS) is General Anil Chauhan.
Connect with Us
WhatsApp Chat Support
22-28 Feb Important Question – 36
Who has been appointed as the Secretary General of FICCI?
a) Shailesh Pathak
b) Arun Chawla
c) Ashwani Gujral
d) Ankit Gulia
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 36
The correct answer is Option A – Shailesh Pathak
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) has announced the appointment of former bureaucrat Shailesh Pathak as its Secretary General from 1 March 2023.
- He has worked with the government as an IAS officer.
- FICCI also announced that Arun Chawla, Director General, will superannuate on June 30, 2023, and transition to an advisory role.
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) is a non-governmental trade association and advocacy group based in India.
- Established in 1927, on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi by Indian businessmen G.D. Birla and Purshottamdas Thakurdas.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 37
Which of these countries will send its second astronaut to space on the Long Hall mission?
a) Saudi Arabia
b) United Arab Emirate
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 37
The correct answer is Option B – United Arab Emirate
- UAE’s second astronaut, Sultan Al Neyadi – Mission Specialist, Primary Crew, Crew-6, begins a historic space mission on 27 February 2023 from Kennedy Space Center, USA.
- UAE is only the 11th country to send an astronaut on a long-term mission to space with this mission.
- SpaceX Crew-6 is the sixth crewed operational NASA ‘commercial crew flight’ of a Crew Dragon spacecraft.
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a country in Western Asia (Middle East) and is located at the eastern end of the Arabian Peninsula.
- Abu Dhabi is the country’s capital, while Dubai is the most populous city.
- The President of the United Arab Emirates is Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and the Prime Minister is Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 38
Which country’s crown prince and princess have arrived in India on a four-day visit?
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 38
The correct answer is Option A – Denmark
- Denmark’s Crown Prince Frederik Andre Henrik Christian and Crown Princess, Mary Elizabeth arrived in India on 26 February 2023 on a four-day visit.
- This is the first visit by the Danish royal family in twenty years.
- The Taj and the prince and princess also visited Agra and Chennai.
- Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni will be on a two-day visit to India from 2 March 2023.
- Denmark is a Scandinavian country located in Northern Europe.
- Mette Frederiksen is the Prime Minister of Denmark.
- Copenhagen is the capital and its currency is the Danish Krone.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 39
In which state the Ministry of AYUSH will organize its first ‘Chintan Shivir’ from February 27 to 28, 2023?
a) Arunachal Pradesh
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 39
The correct answer is Option C – Assam
- The Ministry of AYUSH is going to organize “Chintan Shivir” for AYUSH at Kaziranga National Park in Assam.
- Union AYUSH Minister Sarbananda Sonowal will inaugurate the programme.
- The objective of the event is to discuss future improvements in the implementation of existing policies and programs related to AYUSH sectors and traditional medicine.
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma inaugurated Northeast India’s first compressed biogas plant project at Sonapur in the Kamrup district of Assam on 26 February 2023.
- Assam is a state in northeastern India, south of the eastern Himalayas along the Brahmaputra and Barak River valleys.
- Assam is known for Assam tea and Assam silk.
- The state was the first site for oil drilling in Asia.
- The Governor of Assam is Gulab Chand Kataria.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 40
Which of these Indian naval ships has reached Port Colombo in Sri Lanka on an official visit?
a) INS Shivalik
b) INS Sukanya
c) INS Shakti
d) INS Sujata
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 40
The correct answer is Option B – INS Sukanya
- Indian Naval Ship, INS Sukanya arrived at Port Colombo, Sri Lanka on an official visit on 27 February 2023.
- The Sri Lanka Navy received the 101-meter-long offshore patrol vessel with 106 crew members.
- The ship’s crew will participate in a number of events to promote cooperation between the two navies.
- In a historic first, eight aircraft of the Indian Air Force landed at a Royal Saudi Air Force base on 26 February 2023.
- The Indian Navy is the maritime branch of the Indian Armed Forces.
- It was established on 26 January 1950.
- The Chief of the Naval Staff is Admiral R Hari Kumar and the Vice Chief is Vice Admiral Satishkumar Namdeo Ghormade.
- Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte is the legislative capital of Sri Lanka and Colombo is the executive and judicial capital.
- The President of Sri Lanka is Ranil Wickremesinghe and the Prime Minister is Dinesh Gunawardene.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 41
Who won the best male FIFA football player award?
a) Cristiano Ronaldo
b) Robert Lewandowski
c) Lionel Messi
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 41
The correct answer is Option C – Lionel Messi
- Argentina captain Lionel Messi has been named the best player in men’s football by FIFA at The Best FIFA Football Awards in Paris.
- Messi won the award for his outstanding performance in men’s football from August 2021 to December 2022.
- Spain’s Alexia Puteles won the Best Women’s Player award for the second year in a row.
- The Best FIFA Football Award is a football award presented annually by the sport’s governing body, FIFA.
- The first awarding ceremony was held on 9 January 2017 in Zürich, Switzerland.
22-28 Feb Important Question – 42
What is the theme of National Science Day for the year 2023?
a) Global Science for the Global Wellbeing
b) Global Science for the Good life
c) Global Science for Technology
d) Global Science for Nature
22-28 Feb Important Answers – 42
The correct answer is Option A – Global Science for the Global Wellbeing
- National Science Day is celebrated every year on 28 February.
- The theme for 2023 is “Global Science for the Global Wellbeing”.
- The day is celebrated to mark the discovery of the “Raman Effect” by physicist Sir CV Raman on this day in 1928.
- He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930 for this discovery.
- In 1954, he was awarded the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award.
- On 28 February 2023, the 60th death anniversary of India’s first President Dr. Rajendra Prasad was celebrated.
- Former Gujarat Governor and veteran Bharatiya Janata Party leader Om Prakash Kohli passed away on 20 February 2023.
किस देश ने ICC महिला T20 विश्व कप 2023 की मेजबानी की?
ऑस्ट्रेलिया ने केपटाउन में फाइनल में मेजबान दक्षिण अफ्रीका को 19 रन से हराकर अपना छठा और लगातार तीसरा खिताब जीता।
2023 आईसीसी महिला टी20 विश्व कप आईसीसी महिला टी20 विश्व कप टूर्नामेंट का आठवां संस्करण था।
यह 10 फरवरी से 26 फरवरी 2023 तक दक्षिण अफ्रीका में आयोजित किया गया था।
Clear Your Concepts
Join Telegram Channel
All Free Downloads & Updates
Have You Downloaded Our App?
Get Courses & Test-series at Affordable Prices