8-14 Jan Weekly Current Affairs MCQs – 8-14 Jan all Important Current Affairs Questions and Answers with detailed explanation – Important weekly current affairs question with Solution – Weekly current affairs important questions pdf download – Important weekly MCQs with the solution for all types of Competitive exams – Important weekly quiz 2023 – Important weekly current affairs 2023 pdf – Weekly Current affairs explained questions for all types of Competitive exams – 8Jan to 14Jan All Important current affairs – 8Jan to 14Jan Important questions and answers – All Important Weekly current affairs questions for all government exams 2023
Have You Downloaded Our App?
Best Courses & Test-series at Affordable Prices
Nishant eAcademy App
- Topic-wise Recorded Video-Classes
- Topic-wise Practice Test
- Full-Length Mock-Test
- Doubt Batch
8-14 Jan Weekly Current Affairs MCQs in English
In this post, we are providing students with 8-14 January Important Current Affairs MCQs questions and answers for UPSC, SSC, and Banking exams.
|Weekly Current Affairs 2023||Current Affairs Tests||Awards & Honours 2022|
|Sports Current Affairs 2022||2023 Gov Exams Updates||Gov Exams Syllabus|
8-14 JanImportant Question – 1
Manpreet Monica Singh took oath as the first woman Sikh judge in which country?
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 1
The correct answer is Option b – USA
- Indian-origin Manpreet Minika Singh became the first female Sikh judge in America.
- She has been a trial lawyer for over two decades and has been associated with several civil rights organizations at the local, state and national levels.
- He was sworn in as Judge of the Harris Country Civil Court at Law No. 4 in Texas.
- The United States of America (USA), commonly referred to as the United States of America (US) or America, is a country located primarily in North America.
- It is the third largest country in the world both by area and population.
- The national capital is Washington, DC and the most populous city and financial center is New York City.
- The President of the USA is Joe Biden and the Vice President is Kamala Harris.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 2
What is the name of the first Jnanpith awardee from Kashmir, who passed away on January 9, 2023?
a) Rehman Rahi
b) Nazir Ahmed
c) Rahat Indori
d) Qurratulain Hyder
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 2
The correct answer is Option A – Rehman Rahi
- Renowned poet and Kashmir’s first Jnanpith awardee Professor Rehman Rahi Passed away on Jan 9, 2023.
- He received the highest literary award in the country- the Jnanpith award in 2007 for his collection ‘Siyah Rood Jaeren Manz’.
- Jnanpith Award is the highest literary award in India and is given annually for the best creative literary writing to writers in any of the 22 “scheduled languages” recognized in the Indian Constitution.
- Rehman Rahi also received the Padma Shri award in 2000.
- The award was instituted in 1961, and the first award was given in 1965.
- The prize carries a cash award a citation, and a bronze replica of Vagdevi (Saraswati).
- It is sponsored by Bharatiya Jnanpith.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 3
Which of these female tennis players has announced her retirement from professional tennis?
a) Naomi Osaka
b) Maria Sharapova
c) Sania Mirza
d) Elina Svitolina
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 3
The correct answer is Option C – Sania Mirza
- India’s former doubles World No.1 champion, Sania Mirza, has announced that she will retire from professional tennis in February at the WTA 1000 event in Dubai.
- Sania Mirza is an Indian professional tennis player.
- She is the highest-ranked Indian female player ever, peaking at world No. 27 in mid-2007.
- She has won six major titles – three in women’s doubles and three in mixed doubles.
- She has spent 91 weeks as the world’s No. 1 in doubles.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 4
International Kite Festival 2023 started in which city in India?
8-15 Jan Important Answers – 4
The correct answer is Option B – Ahmedabad
- The International Kite Festival 2023 officially started on January 8th in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- It was celebrated with a theme centered around the G20 countries.
- The event brings together kite makers and flyers from around the world to showcase their unique creations and impressive flying techniques
- This festival is being held in Ahmedabad annually since 1989 as part of the official celebration of uttarayan.
- Capital of Gujarat: Gandhinagar;
- Governor of Gujarat: Acharya Devvrat;
- The chief minister of Gujarat: Bhupendrabhai Patel.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 5
Which of these directors won the Best Director award at the New York Film Critics Circle?
a) Rajkumar Hirani
b) Prakash Jha
c) Sriram Raghavan
d) SS Rajamouli
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 5
The correct answer is Option D – SS Rajamouli
- SS Rajamouli won the top prize- Best Director at the New York Film Critics Circle for his film RRR.
- The New York Film Critics Circle is an American film critic organization founded in 1935 by Wanda Hale from the New York Daily News.
- SS Rajamouli’s RRR is a fictional story based on the lives of Telugu freedom fighters, Alluri Seetharama Raju and Komaram Bheem.
- Koduri Srisaila Sri Rajamouli is an Indian film director and screenwriter who primarily works in Telugu cinema.
- Three of his films, Baahubali: The Beginning (2015), Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017), and RRR (2022) are among the top five highest grossing-films in India to date.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 6
Who won the Girls Under-15 Squash title at the British Junior Open?
a) Dipika Pallikal
b) Anahat Singh
c) Saurav Ghoshal
d) Joshna Chinappa
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 6
The correct answer is Option B – Anahat Singh
- Indian squash prodigy Anahat Singh clinched the girl’s Under-15 squash title at the most prestigious British Junior Open tournament in Birmingham in January 2023.
- The 14-year-old defeated Sohaila Hazem of Egypt, 3-1 in the final.
- Anahat Singh At the age of 14, she was the youngest athlete to represent India at the 2022 Commonwealth.
- The British Junior Open squash championship is considered the second most prestigious junior open squash championship after the World Junior Squash Championships.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 7
Indian Navy signed an agreement with which organization for the development of Armed Autonomous Boat Swarms?
a) Sagar Defence Engineering Private Limited
b) Defence Research and Development Organisation
c) The United States Department of the Navy
d) Indian Space Research Organisation
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 7
The correct answer is Option A – Sagar Defence Engineering Private Limited
- Indian Navy has recently announced a collaboration with Sagar Defence Engineering Private Limited for the development of armed autonomous boat swarms.
- The platform is able to conduct a variety of navy and security tasks, including high-speed interaction, surveillance, constabulary operations, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.
- The agreement is part of the SPRINT initiative.
- SPRINT (Supporting Pole-Vaulting in R&D through Innovations for Defence Excellence) Initiative was launched by PM Modi in July 2022.
- It aims to boost the usage of indigenous technology in the Indian Navy.
- The 25th Navy Chief of India is Admiral R. Hari Kumar.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 8
Which state has become the first fully digital banking state in the country?
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 8
The correct answer is Option A – Kerala
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan declared Kerala as the first state in the country to go fully digital in its banking service.
- Kerala has received 3 digital India awards for its advancement in the digital sector.
- Kerala also received the Digital India Platinum Icon award for its Digital Workforce Management System (DWMS) from President Droupadi Murmu in New Delhi.
- Kerala, a state on India’s tropical Malabar Coast, has nearly 600km of Arabian Sea shoreline.
- It’s known for its palm-lined beaches and backwaters, a network of canals.
- The Capital of Kerala is Thiruvananthapuram.
- The Governor of Kerala is Arif Mohammad Khan.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 9
Keshari Nath Tripathi passed away on January 8, he was the former governor of which state?
c) West Bengal
d) Both A & C
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 9
The correct answer is Option D -Both A & C
- Former governor of West Bengal and Bihar Keshari Nath Tripathi passed away on 8 January 2023.
- He was the state chief of the Bhartiya Janata Party.
- He served as the Speaker of the UP Legislative Assembly.
- Tripathi practiced as a Senior Advocate at Allahabad High Court.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 10
What is the theme of the 17th edition of the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas program 2023?
a) Diaspora: Reliable partners for India’s progress in Amrit Kaal
b) Diaspora: India’s Progress in the Amrit Kaal
c) Diaspora for India’s progress in Amrit Kaal
d) India’s progress with the diaspora
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 10
The correct answer is Option A – Diaspora: Reliable partners for India’s progress in Amrit Kaal
- The theme of the 2023 event is ‘Diaspora: Reliable partners for India’s progress in Amrit Kaal’.
- The 17th edition of the ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Divas’ convention commenced in Madhya Pradesh’s Indore on January 8 January 2023.
- Republic of Guyana President Dr. Mohamed Irfaan Ali is the chief guest and Republic of Suriname President Chandrikapersad Santokhi is the special guest of honor of the event.
- Thiru Kumar Nadesan has been awarded the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award for his contribution towards community welfare in Jan 2023.
- The government has nominated 27 overseas Indians for the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards.
- India and Panama have signed an MoU to enhance cooperation in the training of diplomats on the occasion of the 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in Indore.
- Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board signed MoU with 8 countries of (Global Organization of People of Indian Origin) at the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas convention.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 11
Which Indian-American has been appointed as the new Chief Technologist of NASA?
a) Ashwin Vasavada
b) AC Charania
c) Arun Kumar Biswas
d) Dr. Menon
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 11
The correct answer is Option B – AC Charania
- An Indian-American aerospace industry expert, AC Charania, has been appointed as NASA’s new chief technologist.
- He will serve as principal advisor to Administrator Bill Nelson on technology policy and programmes at the agency’s headquarters in Washington.
- He replaces another Indian-American scientist Bhavya Lal.
- Prior to joining NASA, he served as vice president of product strategy at Reliable Robotics.
- NASA is an independent agency of the U.S. government responsible for the civilian space program.
- It was founded in 1958 and headquartered in Washington D.C.
- The current administrator of NASA is Bill Nelson.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 12
Who wrote the book “Roller Coaster: An Affair with Banking”?
a) Tamal Bandyopadhyay
b) Abhijeet Singh
c) Arun Kumar Biswas
d) Aakriti Arora
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 12
The correct answer is Option A – Tamal Bandyopadhyay
- The book is written by the Indian business journalist Tamal Bandyopadhyay.
- This book describes the lives of India’s commercial and central bankers.
- His other books include: ‘A Bank for the Buck’ and ‘Sahara: The Untold Story’.
- He is an award-winning author and columnist behind the weekly column “Banker’s Trust”.
- He had started this column in Mint, an Indian business daily by HT Media Ltd.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 13
Which country’s Kilauea volcano erupted again after September 2021?
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 13
The correct answer is Option C – Hawaii
- Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano eruption started on January 5, 2023, at the volcano’s crater.
- Kilauea Volcano is one of the most active volcanoes on the planet.
- It is a shield volcano, which is a type of volcano composed of fluid lava and characterized by its vast lava flow.
- It last erupted in September 2021 and continued for 16 months before it took a pause in December 2022.
- Hawaii is a chain of islands located in the North Pacific Ocean.
- It is the only U.S. state outside North America.
- The Capital of Hawaii is Honolulu.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 14
Who among these won the Maharashtra Open Tennis Tournament 2023?
a) Tallon Griekspoor
b) Rohan Bopanna
c) Mahesh Bhupath
d) Roger Federer
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 14
The correct answer is Option A – Tallon Griekspoor
- The Netherland’s Tallon Griekspoor won his maiden ATP World Tour title in Men’s singles category in Pune on 7 Jan 2023.
- The Maharashtra Open is a professional men’s tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts in Pune, India.
- It was the 27th edition of the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP)’s 250 series, the only ATP tournament played in India, and was held from 2 to 7 January 2023.
- He defeated Frances’s Benjamin Bonzi to win his maiden ATP World Tour title.
- The ATP Tour is a worldwide top-tier tennis tour for men organized by the Association of Tennis Professionals.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 15
Who was appointed as the MD & CEO of Paytm Payments Bank?
a) Vijay Shekhar Sharma
b) Surinder Chawla
c) Arvind Krishna
d) Arun Kumar Biswas
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 15
The correct answer is Option B – Surinder Chawla
- Paytm Payments Bank has received RBI’s nod to appoint Surinder Chawla as its Managing Director and CEO in January 2023.
- Chawla was working with RBL Bank, where he served as Head of Branch Banking.
- Paytm Payments Bank is an Indian payments bank, founded in 2015 and headquartered in Noida.
- Paytm became India’s first payment app to cross over 10 crore app downloads in 2017.
- Paytm was founded in 2010 by Vijay Shekhar Sharma and he is the CEO of Paytm.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 17
On which day World Hindi Day is celebrated?
a) 10 January
b) 29 January
c) 14 September
d) 10 September
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 17
The correct answer is Option A – 10 January
- World Hindi Day is celebrated every year on 10 January to mark and celebrate the importance of Hindi as a language.
- While National Hindi Day is celebrated every year on 14 September.
- It was started in 1949 to mark the anniversary of Hindi being spoken for the first time in the United Nations General Assembly.
- In the year 1975, then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi inaugurated the first World Hindi Conference.
- World Hindi Day was celebrated for the first time on 10 January 2006.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 18
In which state the 5th edition of the Khelo India Youth Games will be organized?
a) New Delhi
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 18
The correct answer is Option C – Madhya Pradesh
- The anthem, mascot, and a ‘smart torch’ for the fifth edition of the Khelo India Youth Games were unveiled by Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur and MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan in Bhopal.
- The games will be organized in eight districts of Madhya Pradesh from 30 January to 11 February 2023.
- More than 8500 athletes and sportspersons are expected that participate in the KIYG 2023.
- The first edition of the KIYG was at the Indira Gandhi Arena in New Delhi in 2018.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 19
For which film did Steven Spielberg win the Best Director award at the Golden Globe Awards 2023?
b) The Febelmans
d) House of Dragan
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 19
The correct answer is Option B – The Febelmans
- The 80th Golden Globe Awards will be held on January 11, 2023, in Los Angeles.
- Steven Spielberg won the Best Director award for The Febelmans.
- The Golden Globe Awards are accolades bestowed by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association starting in January 1944 recognizing excellence in both American and international film and television.
- SS Rajamouli’s RRR won Best Original Song for Naatu Naatu, one of the two categories it was nominated in.
- Best Picture (Drama) awards- The Fabelmans
- Best Actor awards- Austin Butler for Elvis
- Best Actress awards- Cate Blanchett for Tar
- Best Drama Series- House of the Dragon
- The annual ceremony at which the awards are presented is normally held every January
8-14 Jan Important Question – 20
National Human Trafficking Awareness Day is observed on which day?
a) 9 January
b) 11 January
c) 15 January
d) 30 January
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 20
The correct answer is Option B – 11 January
- National Human Trafficking Awareness Day was observed on January 11.
- This day aims is to raise awareness about the plight of human trafficking victims, as well as to promote and protect their rights.
- Every year it is estimated that 225000 people worldwide become victims of human trafficking.
- January 11 was chosen as the date because the Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2000, the first federal law to address modern slavery in the United States, was passed.
- National Road Safety Week observed by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways from 11 January 2023.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 21
Axis Bank signed MoU with which institute to set up Mathematics and Computing Centre?
a) IIT, Madras
b) IISER, Pune
c) IISc, Bengaluru
d) IIM Ahmedabad
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 21
The correct answer is Option C – IISc, Bengaluru
- Axis Bank has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru to establish a Centre for Mathematics and Computing at the IISc Institue.
- IISc Bangalore is known for its research courses and has been ranked at 155th position in QS world rankings.
- Institute also offers M.Tech, M.Sc (Research), M.Des and MMS at the PG level.
- Now it will also host the new IISc BTech program in Mathematics and Computing.
- Admission will be based on JEE Advanced, JEE Main NEET, and KVPY scores.
- Axis Bank Limited is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It is the third largest private sector bank in India.
- Amitabh Chaudhry is the MD & CEO of Axis Bank.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 22
Which of these cities was the most polluted city in India in 2022?
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 22
The correct answer is Option C – Delhi
- Delhi is India’s most polluted city in 2022, with PM 2.5 levels more than double the safe limit, according to the NCAP tracker report.
- NACP (National Clean Air Programme) was launched by the Ministry of Environment in Jan 2019 as a long-term, time-bound, national-level strategy.
- Among the most polluted cities with respect to PM 2.5 levels, Haryana’s Faridabad ranked second and UP’s Ghaziabad third.
- In 2021, Ghaziabad was the most polluted with respect to PM 2.5 levels.
- NACP covers 132 non-attainment cities.
- Non-Attainment Cities are the cities that do not meet the National Ambient Air Quality Standards.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 23
In which city the 83rd All India Presiding Officers Conference is going to start?
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 23
The correct answer is Option A – Jaipur
- The 83rd All India Presiding Officers Conference begins held in Jaipur on 11-12 Jan 2023.
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar inaugurated the conference.
- This Conference is being held in Rajasthan after 11 years (last in 2011).
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla is presiding over the conference.
- Speakers and Deputy Speakers of various Legislative Assemblies were present at the function.
- The All India Presiding Officers’ Conference (AIPOC) is the apex body of the Legislatures in India that completed its hundred years in 2021.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the inaugural session of the 82nd AIPOC in 2021 in Shimla.
- The first Conference was also held in Shimla in 1921.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 24
Which of these states has approved 30% reservation in government jobs for women?
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 24
The correct answer is Option C – Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand Governor gives nod to 30% reservation in government job for women.
- Uttarakhand Governor Gurmit Singh has approved Uttarakhand Public Services (Horizontal Reservation for Women) Bill 2022.
- 30% horizontal reservation will be given in favor of the women candidates permanently domiciled in Uttarakhand.
- Uttarakhand, a state in northern India crossed by the Himalayas, is known for its Hindu pilgrimage sites.
- Rishikesh, a major center for yoga study, was made famous by the Beatles’ 1968 visit.
- The Capitals of Uttarakhand: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer);
- The Chief Minister of Uttarakhand: Pushkar Singh Dhami.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 25
Abdul Ghaffar’s autobiography ‘Anjan Sakshi’ was released by whom?
a) PM Narendra Modi
b) MS Dhoni
c) Droupadi Murmu
d) Virat Kohli
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 25
The correct answer is Option B – MS Dhoni
- Professor K.K. Abdul Gaffar’s autobiography, ‘Anjaan Sakshi’ was released by cricketer MS Dhoni in January 2023.
- In addition to teaching at REC Kozhikode and TKM Engineering College Kollam, Professor Abdul Gaffar served as the principal of the Engineering College in Bhatkal, Karnataka.
- The book was introduced by senior journalist T.A. Shafi.
- The autobiography provides insight into Prof. Gaffar’s journey and how educators and students have changed over time.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 26
What is the name of the ballistic missile successfully tested by India?
b) Brahmos II
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 26
The correct answer is Option B – Prithvi-II
- India successfully test-fired the strategic ballistic missile Prithvi-II on 10 January.
- Prithvi-II is an indigenously developed short-range surface-to-surface ballistic missile.
- The Prithvi II class is a single-stage liquid-fuelled missile with a warhead mounting capacity of 500 kg- 1000 kg.
- The range of the Prithvi-II missile is about 350 km.
- It can carry a one-ton payload.
- The test was conducted from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- Its development began in 1983 and it was India’s first indigenous ballistic missile.
- DRDO developed an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) in January 2023 to carry out logistic operations in the Himalayan frontier.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 27
In which city has Sudarsan Pattnaik made the world’s largest hockey stick?
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 27
The correct answer is Option B – Odisha
- Renowned sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik built the world’s largest hockey sculpture on the banks of the Mahanadi river in Cuttack, Odisha.
- Sudarsan Pattnaik is an Indian sand artist from Puri, Odisha.
- He built a 105-feet long hockey stick, using 5000 hockey balls.
- He has been awarded Padma Shri in 2014, for his contribution to sand art.
- He also holds the Guinness Record (2017) for building the tallest sand castle at 48 feet.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 28
What is the name of the book written on writer-lyricist Javed Akhtar?
b) Anjaan Sakshi
c) The Philosophy of Modern Song
d) A confused Mind story
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 28
The correct answer is Option A – Jadunama
- Jadunama, a book written on veteran writer-lyricist Javed Akhtar, was released on January 9, 2023.
- The name of the book is Jadunama as ‘Jadu’ was the childhood name of Javed Akhtar.
- The author of the book is Arvind Mandloi.
- Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya on Jan 11 launched a book titled ‘Braving A Viral Storm: India’s Covid-19 Vaccine Story’.
- Abdul Gaffar’s autobiography ‘Anjaan Sakshi’ was released by MS Dhoni.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 29
India is inaugurating Environment Week with which country?
a) Sri Lanka
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 29
The correct answer is Option B – Japan
- India-Japan has been inaugurated Environment Week on Jan 12, 2023, in New Delhi.
- On the occasion, Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav met the Environment Minister of Japan, Akihiro Nishimura.
- During the meeting, Yadav stressed that India and Japan may explore strengthening bilateral cooperation, especially on circular economy and resource efficiency, low carbon technology, and green hydrogen.
- Japan is an island country in East Asia.
- The Capital of Japan is Tokyo and the currency is the Japanese Yen.
- The Prime Minister of Japan is Fumio Kishida.
- Japan’s economy is the world’s third-largest economy by nominal GDP.
- India High Commission signed an MoU to establish a Hindi Chair at the Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka, formerly known as Ceylon, is an island country in South Asia.
- It is separated from the Indian subcontinent by the Gulf of Mannar and the Palk Strait.
- Capitals of Sri Lanka: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte;
- President Sri Lanka: Ranil Wickremesinghe;
- Prime minister of Sri Lanka: Dinesh Gunawardena;
- Currency of Sri Lanka: Sri Lankan Rupee.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 30
What is the theme of the 26th National Youth Festival of 2023?
a) Viksit Yuva
b) Youth of developed India
c) Viksit Yuva – Viksit Bharat
d) Developed India
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 30
The correct answer is Option C – Viksit Yuva – Viksit Bharat
- Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the 26th National Youth Festival in Hubballi, Karnataka on Jan 12, 2023.
- The theme of the festival is “Viksit Yuva – Viksit Bharat”.
- It is being held on National Youth Day, which is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
- 12 Jan 2023 is the 160th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
- He was born as Narendranath Datta in 1863.
- Swami Vivekananda introduced the world to the Indian philosophies of Vedanta and Yoga.
- He was a disciple of Ramakrishna Paramhansa and established the Ramakrishna Mission in 1897.
- He was best known for his speech at the World Parliament of Religion in Chicago in 1893.
- In 1893, upon the request of Maharaja Ajit Singh of the Khetri State, he took the name ‘Vivekananda’.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 31
In which state the Kota tribe of Nilgiris celebrated the Ayanur Ammanur festival?
c) Tamil Nadu
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 31
The correct answer is Option C – Tamil Nadu
- ‘Ayyanur Ammanur’ is a festival celebrated by the Kota tribe of the Nilgiris of Tamil Nadu.
- During this festival, this tribe collects clay to make pottery.
- After making an earthen pot, they open their temple and then prepare food in this earthen pot and serve it to the whole village.
- The highest peak of the Nilgiri Mountant is Doddabetta.
- Some tribe festivals:
- A popular religious festival called Sammakka Sarakka Jatara takes in Medaram village.
- Medaram Jatra is the biggest Tribal festival in Asia which is attended by two crore people on average.
- Bhagoria is a major tribal festival celebrated by Bhils in Madhya Pradesh.
- The Mim Kut festival is celebrated by the Kuki tribe of Mizoram.
- Sarhul is the biggest nature festival celebrated by the Oraon tribes society of Jharkhand.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 32
Which of these cricketers has been signed by Herbalife as its brand ambassador?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Smriti Mandhana
c) Mithali Raj
d) MS Dhoni
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 32
The correct answer is Option B – Smriti Mandhana
- Herbalife Nutrition appointed Smriti Mandhana as a ‘Nutritional Sponsor’ in January 2023.
- Currently, she is the vice-captain of the Indian women’s national cricket team.
- Several Indian athletes like Virat Kohli, Mary Kom, Lakshya Sen, and Manika Batra have partnered with Herbalife Nutrition.
- Herbalife Nutrition Limited is a global multi-level marketing corporation that develops and sells dietary supplements.
- Herbalife Nutrition has signed over 100 sponsorship deals with various world-class athletes.
- The company operates in 95 countries.
- Michael O. Johnson is the President and Interim CEO of Herbalife Nutrition Limited.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 33
Who was appointed as the head of Meta’s global business in India?
a) Vikash Purohit
b) AC Charania
c) Arun Kumar Biswas
d) Mahadevappa Halagatti
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 33
The correct answer is Option A – Vikash Purohit
- Meta announced the appointment of former Tata CLiQ CEO Vikash Purohit as the director of the global business group in India in January 2023.
- Purohit will lead Meta’s strategic relationship with various brands to boost the adoption of digital tools for revenue growth.
- He started his career at Aditya Birla Group.
- Meta Inc. Formerly named Facebook Inc.
- Meta Inc. is an American multinational technology conglomerate based in Menlo Park, California.
- The company owns Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp, among other products and services.
- Mark Zuckerberg is the chairman and CEO of Meta.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 34
Who among the following has become the first IAF woman pilot to participate in the wargame?
a) Bhawana Kanth
b) Avani Chaturvedi
c) Ruma Jaiswal
d) Mohana Singh Jitarwal
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 34
The correct answer is Option B – Avani Chaturvedi
- The first female fighter pilot, squadron commander Avani Chaturvedi, will participate in the inaugural air exercise Veer Guardian 2023.
- For the first time, an Indian Air Force (IAF) female fighter pilot will participate in aerial war games.
- The exercise will be hosted by Japan at the Hyakuri Air Base in Jan 2023.
- The exercise aims to improve air defense cooperation between Japan and India.
- Squadron Leader Avani Chaturvedi (born 27 October 1993) is an Indian pilot from Rewa district, Madhya Pradesh.
- She was declared as the first woman combat pilot along with two of her cohorts, Mohana Singh Jitarwal, and Bhawana Kanth.
- IAF is Founded in 1932.
- Chief of the Air Staff: VR Chaudhari
8-14 Jan Important Question – 35
Who among the following has predicted India’s economic growth rate to reach 6.9% in FY2023?
b) World Bank
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 35
The correct answer is Option B – World Bank
- The World Bank in its January 2023 Global Economic Prospects Report, projected India’s economy to grow 6.9 percent in FY23.
- As per the report, India will be the fastest-growing economy among the seven largest emerging markets and developing economies (EMDEs) in 2023.
- The World Bank expects global growth to decelerate in 2023 to 1.7 percent from 3 percent.
- The World Bank provides loans and grants to the governments of low- and middle-income countries.
- It was established in 1944 at the Bretton Woods Conference.
- The World Bank was established in July 1944 and is headquartered in Washington D.C., US.
- David Malpass is the President of the World Bank.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 36
In which state the 14th edition of the World Spice Congress (WSC) will be held?
d) Madhya Pradesh
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 36
The correct answer is Option B – Maharashtra
- The 14th edition of the World Spice Congress (WSC), is to be held in Mumbai, Maharashtra from 16-18 February 2023.
- The WSC is organized by the Spices Board of India.
- It aims to open up newer opportunities to promote the international trade of Indian spices.
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal will also distribute the trophies and Awards for Excellence in Exports of Spices on 17 February 2023.
- Kerala is known as the land of spices.
- The chief minister of Maharashtra: Eknath Shinde
- Governor of Maharashtra: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
8-14 Jan Important Question – 37
For how many years in a row Japan has topped the world’s strongest passport list with the year 2023?
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 37
The correct answer is Option C – 5th
- For the fifth year in a row, the Japanese passport has held the title of the world’s most powerful passport.
- Japanese citizens can travel to as many as 193 countries visa-free or visa-on-arrival access destinations around the world.
- India, improved its position by two spots from 2022 and is ranked 85th on the index.
- The second spot is shared by Singapore and South Korea and has visa-free access in 192 countries.
- Japan is an island nation located in East Asia.
- Its economy is the world’s 3rd-largest by nominal GDP.
- The capital of Japan is Tokyo and the currency of Japan is the Japanese Yen.
- The Prime Minister of Japan is Fumio Kishida.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 38
Who has been appointed as the CEO by Cognizant?
a) Ravi Kumar
b) Shantanu Narayen
c) Laxman Narasimhan
d) Tapan Singhel
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 38
The correct answer is Option A – Ravi Kumar
- On 12th January 2023, Cognizant’s IT head announced the appointment of former Infosys chairman Ravi Kumar as its CEO and board member.
- He has worked in Infosys for 20 years.
- During this time he held various leadership roles, including serving as the Chairman from January 2016 to October 2022.
- Cognizant is an American multinational information technology services and consulting company.
- It is headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey, United States.
- Ravi Kumar has replaced Brain Humphries in both roles.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 39
Which country has sent 3 persons 6000 meters below sea level under the Samudrayaan mission?
b) Sri Lanka
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 39
The correct answer is Option C – India
- Under the Samudrayaan mission, India will send three people to 6000 meters below sea level.
- They will be sent for exploration of resources like minerals.
- It is India’s first unique manned ocean.
- A vehicle called MATSYA 6000 will carry 3 people.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 40
India’s biggest student-run festival ‘Sarang’ started at which IIT institute?
a) IIT Madras
b) IIT Delhi
c) IIT Kanpur
d) IIT Roorkee
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 40
The correct answer is Option A – IIT Madras
- The 28th edition of India’s largest student-run Sarang begins on 11 January 2023 at IIT Madras.
- Sarang 2023 will have over 100 events with the participation of 500 colleges from across the country.
- The Indian Institute of Technology Madras is a public technical university located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- It was the third IIT established by the government in 1959.
- The director of IIT Madras is Kamakoti Vizhinathan and the chairman is Pawan Kumar Goenka.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 41
Which country’s former and last king Constantine II has passed away?
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 41
The correct answer is Option B – Greece
- Constantine II, the former and last King of Greece who ruled Greece until 1974 passed away in Athens, Greece in Jan 2023.
- He was born on 2nd June 1940 in Psikhiko near Athens, Greece.
- At the 1960 Rome Olympics, he participated in sailing and won a gold medal in the Dragon class.
- Greece is a country in Southeast Europe.
- It is located at the crossroads of Europe, Asia, and Africa.
- The Capital of Greece is Athens and the currency is Euro.
- The President of Greece is Katerina Sakellaropoulou.
- The Prime Minister of Greece is Kyriakos Mitsotakis.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 42
In which country will the Speaker of the Lok Sabha lead the parliamentary delegation?
d) Both A & B
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 42
The correct answer is Option D – Both A & B
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla will lead a delegation to Kenya and Tanzania from 16 to 21 January 2023.
- Chirag Paswan, Manoj Kishorbhai Kotak, and Ms. S. Phangnon Konyak and Lok Sabha Secretary General Utpal Kumar Singh are the members of the delegation.
- During their visit to Tanzania, the delegation will call on the Vice President of Tanzania, Philip Mpango.
- Kenya is a country in East Africa with a coastline on the Indian Ocean.
- The Mau Mau revolution against the UK in 1952, paved the way for the declaration of its independence in 1963.
- The Capital of Kenya is Nairobi and the Currency is Kenyan Shilling.
- The President of Kenya is William Ruto.
- Tanzania is an East African country.
- Africa’s biggest peak, Tanzania’s Mount Kilimanjaro, is among world-famous glaciers predicted to melt by 2050.
- The Capital of Tanzania is Dodoma and the Currency is Tanzanian Shilling.
- Tanzania’s the President is Samia Suluhu Hassan and Prime Minister is Kassim Majaliwa.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 43
By what name is Makar Sankranti, celebrated on 15 January, known in Tamil Nadu?
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 43
The correct answer is Option A – Pongal
- Makar Sankranti is a major harvest festival celebrated by Hindus all over India.
- In Tamil Nadu, it is celebrated with pomp as Pongal or Thai Pongal.
- During this people worship the Sun God.
- It is called Sukarat in Central India, Magh by Assamese, Khichri in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarayanan in Gujarat and Rajasthan.
- Since, 1989, the day has been observed as International Kite Festival at Gujarat’s Ahmedabad.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 44
PM Modi will flag off the eighth Vande Bharat Express running between which two cities?
a) New Delhi to Varanasi
b) New Delhi to Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra
c) Secunderabad to Visakhapatnam
d) Bilaspur to Nagpur
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 44
The correct answer is Option C – Secunderabad to Visakhapatnam
- Prime Minister Modi will flag off the Vande Bharat Express train connecting Secunderabad to Visakhapatnam on 15 January 2023.
- The train will be the eighth Vande Bharat Express to be introduced by the Indian Railways.
- The Vande Bharat Express, also known as Train 18, is a semi-high-speed, electric multiple-unit train operated by the Indian Railways.
- It was designed and manufactured by the state-owned Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai.
- The train set of Vande Bharat is equipped with advanced safety features including the indigenously developed Train Collision Avoidance System – Kavach.
- It started operations between New Delhi to Varanasi Junction on 15 February 2019.
- The second Vande Bharat Express train is running between New Delhi to Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra.
8-14 Jan Important Question – 45
Which country declared the end of the Ebola disease outbreak?
8-14 Jan Important Answers – 45
The correct answer is Option B – Uganda
- In a statement released by the World Health Organization (WHO), Uganda declared the end of the Ebola disease outbreak caused by the Sudan ebolavirus on Jan 11, 2023.
- The Ebola virus was first discovered in 1976 near the Ebola River in the Congo.
- The virus is transmitted from wild animals to people.
- The Ervebo vaccine has been highly effective in containing the disease.
- Uganda is a landlocked country in East Africa.
- It gained independence from the UK on 9 Oct 1962.
- The Capital of Uganda is Kampala and the currency is Shilling.
- The president of Uganda is Yoweri Museveni.
- The Prime Minister of Uganda is Robinah Nabbanja.
How to Improve Current Affairs for All Competitive Exams?
Reading a newspaper is an excellent way to learn about current affairs and what is happening in the world.
You can also just start by downloading a quiz app providing you with simple general knowledge questions – Nishant eAcademy App
The most relevant way to improve your current affairs and stay in touch with current events is by attempting daily quizzes on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis- Click Here