Everything About Bihar TET Exam from Basics – exam pattern, syllabus, job profile, career growth, number of vacancies out, starting salary, preparation strategy, best books, courses, and test series, admit card, result, previous year cut-off analysis, and duration of preparation.
Table of Contents
Bihar TET (Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test) Exam Overview
|Name of Examination||Bihar TET|
|Full-Form of Bihar TET||Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Exam Organised Body||Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB)|
|Vacancy Notification||Every year|
|Notification release month||December-February|
|Qualification||12 and Diploma in Elementary Education|
|Age Limit||21 years-37 years|
|Application Fee||₹750/- for GEN|
₹200/- for SC/ST/PH/Female
|Selection Process||Application Process, Admit Card, Written Examination, and Result Declaration|
Clear Your Concepts
|⟫ All Government Exams|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Notes|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Syllabus|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
About Bihar TET Exam
The Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test (Bihar TET) is a state-level examination conducted by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) to assess the eligibility of candidates for teaching positions in primary and upper primary schools in Bihar, India. The exam consists of two papers: Paper 1 for candidates aspiring to teach classes I to V and Paper 2 for candidates aspiring to teach classes VI to VIII.
The Bihar TET exam evaluates candidates’ knowledge and understanding of various subjects, pedagogy, and teaching methodologies. It is an important requirement for candidates seeking teaching jobs in Bihar. Qualifying for the Bihar TET exam opens up opportunities for candidates to pursue a career in teaching and contribute to the education sector in Bihar.
Vacancy Notification for Bihar TET Exam
The vacancy for Bihar TET is depend on many factors such as administrative decisions, availability of vacancies, and organizational requirements. The average month, when BSEB notified for Bihar TET vacancy, is between December-February. This is only the average month the exact month can differ each year.
Number of Vacancies in Bihar TET 2023
The number of vacancies for the Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test (Bihar TET) varies each year depending on the requirements of primary and upper primary schools in Bihar. The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) is responsible for releasing vacancy notifications that provide information about the available teaching positions. These notifications specify the number of vacancies in different categories, such as classes I to V (Paper 1) and classes VI to VIII (Paper 2). The number of vacancies can fluctuate annually based on factors like retirements, new school openings, and government policies.
Job Profile after Selection in Bihar TET Exam
After selection in the Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test (Bihar TET) exam, candidates become eligible for various job profiles in the teaching sector in Bihar. The job profile primarily depends on the level of the exam paper they have qualified for. Candidates who have cleared Paper 1 (for classes I to V) are eligible for teaching positions in primary schools as primary teachers.
They will be responsible for imparting education to young learners, focusing on foundational subjects and overall development. Candidates who have cleared Paper 2 (for classes VI to VIII) are eligible for teaching positions in upper primary schools as upper primary teachers. They will teach multiple subjects and cater to the educational needs of students in higher classes.
Once selected, candidates may be appointed as regular teachers or on a contractual basis, depending on the specific recruitment policies and regulations of the Bihar state government. They will have the opportunity to contribute to the education system, shape young minds, and play an important role in the academic and overall development of students in Bihar.
Best Courses & Test Series
Quality at Affordable Prices
Bihar TET Post after Selection
After successfully clearing the Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), candidates can be appointed to various teaching posts in the state of Bihar. Here is a general list of teaching posts that candidates can be selected for after qualifying for the Bihar TET:
- Primary School Teacher (Class I to V): Candidates who clear the Bihar TET and are selected for this post can teach students in classes I to V in primary schools.
- Upper Primary School Teacher (Class VI to VIII): Candidates who clear the Bihar TET and are selected for this post can teach students in classes VI to VIII in upper primary schools.
- Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT): TGTs are appointed to teach students in secondary schools. They usually teach specific subjects such as English, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, etc.
- Post Graduate Teacher (PGT): PGTs are appointed to teach students in higher secondary schools. They teach specialized subjects in depth, such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, etc.
- Physical Education Teacher (PET): Candidates with a specialization or degree in physical education can be appointed as PETs. They are responsible for teaching physical education and organizing sports activities in schools.
- Art and Craft Teacher: Candidates with expertise in art and craft can be selected for this post. They teach students various art forms and help develop their artistic skills.
- Music Teacher: Candidates with a background in music can be selected as music teachers. They teach students vocal and instrumental music and help them develop their musical talents.
- Computer Teacher: With the increasing importance of technology in education, computer teachers are appointed to teach students computer skills and programming languages.
- Librarian: Candidates with a degree in library science can be appointed as librarians in schools. They manage the school library and help students in accessing books and resources.
- Special Education Teacher: Special education teachers are responsible for teaching students with disabilities or special needs. They create individualized education plans and provide support and assistance to these students.
It’s important to note that the specific posts and their numbering may differ based on the requirements and guidelines set by the Bihar education department.
Starting salary for Bihar TET
The candidate who wants to teach classes between 1-5 class must clear paper 1 and the basic pay is ₹25000. In another hand, the candidate who wants to teach classes between 6-8 class must clear paper 2 and the basic pay is ₹28000. This is only basic pay and it allows many types of allowances like dearness allowance, house Rent allowance, Medical allowance, and other Allowance.
Career growth in Bihar TET exam
Here are some points outlining the career growth opportunities associated with the Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) exam:
- Eligibility for Teaching Positions: Qualifying for the Bihar TET exam opens up opportunities for candidates to apply for teaching positions in various government schools in Bihar. Candidates who secure a good rank in the exam can become eligible for recruitment as primary teachers (Class I to V) or upper primary teachers (Class VI to VIII) in Bihar.
- Promotion as Senior Teachers: After working as a primary or upper primary teacher for a certain number of years, there are provisions for promotions based on experience, qualifications, and performance. Candidates can advance their careers by becoming senior teachers, taking on additional responsibilities, and receiving corresponding salary hikes.
- Departmental Exams and Upgrades: The Bihar government conducts departmental exams for teachers to upgrade their qualifications and expertise. By clearing these exams, teachers can enhance their career prospects and increase their chances of getting promoted to higher positions, such as headmasters or principals.
- Opportunities for Specialized Roles: Teachers who excel in their respective subjects and demonstrate exceptional teaching skills can be assigned specialized roles within the education department. They may become subject experts, resource persons, or master trainers, allowing them to contribute to curriculum development, teacher training programs, and educational reforms.
- Administrative Positions: Apart from teaching roles, the Bihar education department also offers administrative positions at the district or state level. Teachers who possess the necessary qualifications, experience, and leadership abilities can aspire to become education officers, and district education officers, or hold other administrative positions in the education sector.
- Academic Research and Writing: Teachers with a strong academic background and research aptitude can engage in educational research and contribute to the field through publications, research papers, and books. They can also participate in conferences, seminars, and workshops to stay updated with the latest trends and practices in education.
- Pursuing Higher Education: Clearing the Bihar TET exam can serve as a stepping stone for teachers who wish to pursue higher education in the field of education. They can opt for courses like B.Ed., M.Ed., or Ph.D. to gain advanced knowledge and expertise, opening up avenues for teaching at the college or university level.
It’s important to note that career growth and opportunities may vary based on individual performance, experience, qualifications, and the policies of the Bihar government.
Selection Process For Bihar TET Examination 2023
The selection process for the Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) exam typically consists of the following stages:
- Application Process: Candidates need to fill out the online application form for the Bihar TET exam within the specified timeframe. They must provide accurate personal and educational details, upload the required documents, and pay the application fee as per the instructions given in the official notification.
- Admit Card: Once the application process is complete, the Bihar education department releases the admit cards for eligible candidates. The admit card contains important information such as exam date, time, venue, and candidate details.
- Written Examination: The Bihar TET exam consists of two papers: Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is for candidates aspiring to become primary teachers (Class I to V), while Paper II is for candidates aspiring to become upper primary teachers (Class VI to VIII). Candidates may choose to appear for either one or both papers based on their desired teaching level.
- Result Declaration: After the examination, the Bihar education department evaluates the answer sheets and declares the results. The results are generally announced on the official website or through a notification. Candidates who secure the minimum qualifying marks in the Bihar TET exam are awarded the TET Eligibility Certificate. Candidates must keep the certificate safe as they may be required to submit it during the recruitment process.
Exam pattern of Bihar TET
For Paper I
|Paper||No of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
In Paper I exam total number of questions is 150 marks each question carries 1 mark negative marking is not applicable. And the duration of the timing is 2 hours 30 minutes. Subject contains in this examination like Child Development & Pedagogy, Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Mathematics, and Environmental Studies.
For Paper II
|Paper||No of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
|Mathematics & Science|
Or Social Science/Social Studies
In Paper II exam total number of questions is 150 marks each question carries 1 mark negative marking is not applicable. And the duration of the timing is 2 hours 30 minutes. Subject contains in this examination like Child Development & Pedagogy, Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), and Mathematics & Science
Or Social Science/Social Studies.
Preparation strategy for Bihar TET exam
Preparing for the Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) requires a systematic and focused approach. Here are some effective preparation strategies:
- Understand the Syllabus and Exam Pattern: Start by thoroughly understanding the Bihar TET exam syllabus and exam pattern. Familiarize yourself with the topics and weightage of marks for each section. This will help you prioritize your preparation and allocate sufficient time to each subject.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a well-structured study plan that covers all the subjects and topics within the given time frame. Break down your study sessions into smaller, manageable chunks, and allocate specific time slots for each subject.
- Gather Study Materials: Collect reliable and comprehensive study materials for each subject. Refer to textbooks, reference books, previous year’s question papers, and online resources that align with the Bihar TET syllabus. Make notes of important concepts and formulas for quick revision.
- Practice Previous Year Question Papers: Solve previous year’s question papers and sample papers to understand the exam pattern, improve time management, and identify your weak areas. This practice will also help you become familiar with the types of questions asked in the exam.
- Mock Tests and Online Practice: Take regular mock tests and online practice sessions to assess your preparation level. These tests simulate the real exam environment and help you gauge your performance. Analyze your mistakes and work on improving your speed and accuracy.
- Focus on Pedagogy and Child Development: Give special attention to the Child Development and Pedagogy section. Understand the principles and theories of child development, teaching-learning processes, and educational psychology. Stay updated with recent developments in pedagogy and teaching methodologies.
- Time Management: Manage your time effectively during the exam. Practice solving questions within the stipulated time frame. Divide your time proportionately among different sections and allocate extra time to challenging topics.
- Revision and Practice: Regularly revise the topics you have studied to reinforce your learning. Create concise notes, mind maps, or flashcards for quick revision. Solve practice questions and quizzes to enhance your understanding and retention of concepts.
- Stay Updated with Current Affairs: Stay informed about current affairs, especially related to education, Bihar state policies, and recent developments in the education sector. This knowledge will help you answer questions related to the teaching profession and educational reforms.
- Seek Guidance and Clarify Doubts: If you encounter difficulties or have doubts, seek guidance from experienced teachers, subject matter experts, or coaching centers. Participate in study groups or discussion forums to interact with fellow aspirants and clarify concepts.
Best Books for Bihar TET
Here are some recommended books for Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) preparation:
- “Bihar TET Samajik Adhyayan Avam Shiksha Shastra (Class I-V)” by Lal and Jain: This book covers the Child Development and Pedagogy section for Paper 1 of Bihar TET. It includes topics such as child psychology, teaching-learning processes, and educational theories.
- “Bihar TET Ganit (Class I-V)” by Ram Chandra: This book specifically focuses on Mathematics for Paper 1 of Bihar TET. It covers all the essential mathematical concepts and includes practice questions to reinforce understanding.
- “Bihar TET Paryavaran Adhyayan (Class I-V)” by Dr. Lal and Jain: This book is dedicated to the Environmental Studies section of Bihar TET Paper 1. It provides comprehensive coverage of topics related to environmental science, ecology, and general science.
- “Bihar TET Bhasha Hindi” by Dr. Ram Chandra: This book is designed to help candidates prepare for the Language I section (Hindi) of Bihar TET Paper 1. It includes grammar rules, vocabulary, and practice exercises.
- “Bihar TET English Language” by Dr. Ram Chandra: This book focuses on the Language II section (English) of Bihar TET Paper 1. It covers English grammar, comprehension passages, vocabulary, and practice exercises.
- “Bihar TET Practice Workbook Paper-I Class I-V” by Arihant Experts: This workbook contains a collection of practice questions and model test papers for all subjects of Bihar TET Paper 1. It provides ample opportunities for candidates to practice and assess their preparation.
It’s important to note that while these books are widely recommended, candidates should also refer to the official syllabus and previous year’s question papers provided by the Bihar education department for accurate and updated information.
Test series for Bihar TET exam
Nishant eAcademy offers a comprehensive test series for the Bihar TET Examination that can help you evaluate your preparation and identify your strengths and weaknesses. The test series is designed by experts and covers all the important topics and subjects of the Bihar TET syllabus. The tests are structured to mimic the actual exam pattern, and taking them can help you build exam temperament and manage time effectively. The test series is available online, and you can take the tests from the comfort of your home. The detailed performance analysis and feedback provided after each test can help you improve your performance and increase your chances of success in the Bihar TET exam. I highly recommend Nishant eAcademy Test Series for the Bihar TET exam to all aspirants who are serious about cracking the exam.
Duration of Preparation for Bihar TET Exam
The duration of preparation for the Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) exam can differ depending on many factors, including your prior knowledge, study schedule, dedication, and the time you can allocate for studying each day. Here are some general considerations:
- Familiarity with the Syllabus: If you are already familiar with the subjects and topics covered in the Bihar TET exam, it may require less time to prepare. However, if you are new to the syllabus, you may need more time to grasp the concepts and cover the entire syllabus.
- Prior Knowledge and Experience: If you have a background in education, or teaching, or have previously studied topics similar to those in the Bihar TET exam, it may expedite your preparation process. However, if you are new to the subjects or need to refresh your knowledge, you might need more time.
- Study Schedule and Available Time: The amount of time you can dedicate to studying each day plays an important role. If you can allocate several hours per day for preparation, you may be able to complete the syllabus faster. On the other hand, if you have limited study hours due to work or other commitments, you may need more time for preparation.
- Personal Learning Pace: Everyone has a different learning pace. Some individuals grasp concepts quickly and can progress faster, while others may need more time to understand and retain information. It’s important to consider your own learning style and adjust your preparation timeline accordingly.
A dedicated and focused preparation period of 3-6 months is often suggested for effectively covering the syllabus, practicing with mock tests, and revising key topics. However, this duration is not fixed, and you can adjust it based on your individual circumstances and progress.
Result of Bihar TET
The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) notifies the result of the Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) exam through its official website. When the results are ready for declaration, BSEB issues a notification on its website, informing candidates about the result release date, time, and instructions on how to access the result. Candidates are advised to regularly visit the official website of BSEB to stay updated about result-related notifications.
On the result declaration date, candidates can visit the BSEB website and navigate to the dedicated result section. They are usually required to provide their roll number, registration number, or other necessary details to retrieve their result. It is important to note that candidates should checked the official website of BSEB Bihar TET exam portal for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the result notification process.
Download Bihar TET Previous Year Solved Question Paper
To Download the file Click on the Ads Below
FAQs – Bihar TET Exam
What is the Bihar TET exam?
Bihar TET is a state-level eligibility test conducted by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) to assess the eligibility of candidates for teaching positions in primary and upper primary schools in Bihar.
How can I apply for the Bihar TET exam?
Candidates can apply for the Bihar TET exam through the official website of the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) when the application process is open. They need to fill out the application form, provide the required details, upload the necessary documents, and pay the application fee within the specified timeline.
Can I appear for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of the Bihar TET exam?
Yes, candidates are allowed to appear for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of the Bihar TET exam if they meet the eligibility criteria for both.
Is there any age limit to apply for the Bihar TET exam?
Yes, the minimum age required for this exam is 21 years and the maximum age is 37 years.