This post provides students with Central Silk Board Assistant Director (A & A) Exam Pattern, Syllabus and Previous year Question Papers. The CSB (Central Silk Board) official website has announced the latest recruitment notification for the Central Silk Board Recruitment 2022-23 for Assistant Director (A & A) Post.
Table of Contents
Clear Your Concepts
Central Silk Board Assistant Director Exam 2023
Central Silk Board is a Statutory body working under the administrative control of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. In December 2022, It has announced a vacancy of 142 for different posts under the CENTRAL SILK BOARD ADVT. NO CSB/09/2022. In this official notification of CSB, it has also announced tentatively four vacancies for Assistant Director (A & A).
Details of the Central Silk Board Assistant Director (A & A) are as follow:
|Name of the Post||Assistant Director (Administration & Accounts)|
UR – 2
OBC – 1
SC – 1
|Pay Level (7th CPC)||Pay Level 10 (₹56,100 – ₹1,77,500)|
|Essential Qualification||qualified Chartered Accountant from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India|
qualified Cost Accountant from the Institute of Cost Accountants of India
qualified Company Secretary from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
Master of Business Administration
Master’s degree in Commerce from a recognised University or institute
|Desirable Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognised University or Institute|
|Age Limit||Not exceeding 35 years|
(as on 16.01.2023)
|Application fee||1000/- for UR/OBC/EWS/ESM for Group A|
Exempted for SC/ST
Female candidates are exempted
|Last Date to apply||16 January 2023|
|Prelims exam date||Notify soon|
|Admit card issue date||10 days before prelims|
|Official Notification Link||DOWNLOAD HERE|
|Official Website Link||CLICK HERE|
|Online Apply Link||Apply from here|
Central Silk Board Assistant Director Exam-Pattern 2023
The Selection procedure of the Central Silk Board Assistant Director (Administration & Accounts) includes a Common Computer Based Test (CBT) followed by an interview. The CBT Exam for assistant director (A & A) has 100 questions for 100 marks. Each question carries 1 mark. For each wrong answer, there will be a negative marking of one-fourth. The total duration of the CBT exam will be of 60 minutes and the language of the test is Bilingual i.e. both English and Hindi.
|General Knowlege & Current Affairs|
Communication in English & Vocabulary
|Cash Book & its Maintenance|
General Financial Rules & its application
|E||Financial, Accts, Bills, and Stores Maintenance including|
Construction, establishment/ Administration & Audit
Have You Downloaded Our App?
Get Courses & Test-series at Affordable Prices
Central Silk Board Assistant Director Exam Syllabus 2023
Central Silk Board Assistant Director (A & A) CBT exam syllabus is divided into 5 parts which are – General knowledge and Current Affairs, Communication in English & Vocabulary, Cash Book & its maintenance, General Financial rules & its application and ‘Financial, accts, bills, stores maintenance including construction, establishment/administration & audit’.
|General knowledge and Current Affairs||· The Indian Union and International Affairs including Current Affairs|
· Personnel Management and Industrial Relations (important questions)
· General Mental Ability/Quantitative aptitude
· Logical Reasoning
· Interpretation of graphs, charts and tables/Statistical methods
· General Science/General Awareness
· Computer awareness & Basic knowledge of office automation software such as Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint/Internet/Tally Package/Office Management and procedure.
· Mathematical knowledge such as simple and compound interest calculation, Area, Volume, annuity, etc.
|Communication in English & Vocabulary||· Vocabulary|
· Fill in the blanks
· Spot the Error
· Sentence structure
· Detecting Mis-spelt words
· One-word substitutions
· Idioms and phrases
· Verbal Comprehension passage etc.
|Cash Book & its maintenance||· Maintenance of double entry Cashbook.|
· Closing of cash book
· Bank Reconciliation Statement
|General Financial Rules and its application||· Preparation of various forms including GRE/PV/JV /stock entry etc.,|
· Conditions to be adhered to for incurring the expenditure
· Procedure to be followed for sanction of any advances
· Stores purchase/service procedure, award of contract in case of civil construction
· Procedure to be followed for purchasing the capital assets
· Steps to be taken for the construction-related capital works
· Maintenance of Asset/Dead Stock/Perishable etc., registers
· Disposable of DSA and Assets
· Hiring of equipment, building, personnel, vehicle, etc.
|Finance, Accounts, Bills, Stores, Maintenance including construction, Establishment/Admin.|
|· Corporate Accounts & Accounting Standards, Depreciation, Provision and Reserves, Ledger posting, Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, Income & Expenditure Statement, Profit & Loss Account, Asset Accounting, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Management Information System, Management by Objective, Social Responsibility Accounting, Accounting of Royalties, Hire purchase and installment systems, Ratio Analysis, Working capital, Fund Flow & Cash Flow, ROI, Foreign Exchange Management, etc .|
· Indirect & Direct – Tax Management – Income Tax, Sales Tax, Service Tax, Customs duty, Import duty, Excise duty, etc.
· Cost & Management Accounting
· Costing Techniques
· Cost Audit
· Financial Management
· Foreign Exchange and Risk Management
· Capital Market Analysis
· Computer Applications in Business
· Management Control System
· Principles of Accounting, Double Entry System, Journal, Ledger, Cash Book and Trial Balance, Provisions, Reserves, Depreciation accounting, final accounts with including Accounting Standards;
· Income Tax – Corporate Taxation, Personal Taxation Service Tax, CST, VAT, Delhi Sales Tax.
· Auditing – MAOCARO, Internal Audit, Tax Audit .
· Costing-concepts and classification of Cost, Methods and Techniques of Costing, Managerial Costing and Break even Analysis, Standard Costing and variance Analysis, Cost Records and Cost Audit; Marginal Costing, Material Management, Decision Making, Enterprise Resource Planning, Project Management Techniques, Cost Accounting Standard, Emerging concepts in Cost and Management Accounting
· Financial Statement Analysis
· Companies Act 1956 – provisions relating to the formation and financing of Joint Stock Companies, Management of Share Capital;
· Financial planning, Sources of long-term finance, optimum capital structure, Fund Flow Analysis, Cash Flow Analysis, Ratio Analysis, Budget Preparation and Control, Capital Budget, Working Capital Management, dividend policy;
· Project Evaluation- Objectives, Types, Methods of Projects Evaluation, Appraisal Criteria – Net Present Value, Benefit-cost ratio, Internal Rate of Return, Payback Period;
· Investment Management, Alternative forms of Investment, Investment Process, Market for Securities and Taxes, Valuation of securities;
· Credit Rating- Meaning of Credit and Rating Symbols by CRISIL, ICRA and CARE.
· Foreign Exchange, Exchange Rate Determination and Forecasting Risk- Foreign Exchange and Interest Rates Risk and their management, Political Risk and its management, Inflation risk, and its impact, Financial Swaps – Interest Rate Swaps and Currency Swaps.
· Fundamental Rules and Supplementary Rules
· CCS(Pension) Rules & New Pension Scheme
· TA Rules & LTC Rules
· Medical Attendance Rules
· Provident Fund Rules
· Delegation of Financial powers
· Civil Accounts Manual
· Central Treasury Rules
· Disciplinary procedures
· Fixation of pay /wage fixation
· Outsourcing of maintenance activities/Review of Estimates in regard to Capital/Civil works.
· Cadre Review
· Fundamental of Audit
· Internal Check and Internal Control system
· Vouching and verification of records
· Audit of transactions and Accounting thereon
· Investigation and Loss analysis Risk Analysis
Central Silk Board Assistant Director
Course for Part A & Part B Syllabus
Complete Syllabus with
Central Silk Board Assistant Director Best Books for Preparation
|General Awareness & General Science||CLICK HERE|
|Industrial Relation & Labour Laws Theory||CLICK HERE|
|Industrial Relation & Labour Laws 100 Questions with solution||CLICK HERE|
|Quantitative Aptitude & General Mental ability||CLICK HERE|
|General Financial Rules||CLICK HERE|
FAQs on Central Silk Board Assistant Director (A & A)
When Central Silk Board Assistant Director Exam will be held in 2023?
Central Silk Board Assistant Director Exam 2023 will be held in the month of Feb/March in 2023.
What is the age limit for Central Silk Board Assistant Director?
How to download Central Silk Board Assistant Director exam admit card?
students can download the admit card from the IBPS official website and/or Silk Board website, once the admit card will issue by the Silk Board authority.