Constitutional Provisions of Social Security in India – Social security in India refers to a set of measures aimed at protecting the economic and social well-being of citizens. It encompasses various schemes and programs launched by the government to provide financial assistance, healthcare, and other benefits to individuals and families.
|Industrial Relations and Labour Laws PDF Download Link||CLICK HERE|
|Social Security in India PDF Download Link||CLICK HERE|
|General Accounting Principle PDF download link||CLICK HERE|
|Indian Freedom Struggle PDF download Link||CLICK HERE|
|Economics PDF Download Link||CLICK HERE|
|Insurance PDF Download Link||CLICK HERE|
|Globalisation & Development Notes||CLICK HERE|
- In the constitution, DPSP reflects that India is a welfare state which is the main objective of social security.
- Economists Amartya Sen and Jean Dreze distinguished two aspects of Social Security – 1. Protection and 2. Promotion
Protection against a fall in living standard and living conditions through ill health & accidents and death. It covers social insurance schemes. Promotion focuses on enhanced living conditions helping everyone to overcome persistent capabilities deprivation. It covers social assistance Schemes.
Constitutional Provisions of Social Security in India
Part IV of DPSP
- Article 41 – Within the limits of its economic capacity and development, make effective provision for securing the right to work, to education and to public assistance in cases of unemployment, old age, sickness and disablement, and in other cases of undeserved want.
- Article 42 – The state shall make provisions for securing just and humane conditions of work and for maternity relief.
Social Security is a subject of the Concurrent list (mentioned in List III in the seventh schedule of the constitution of India)
Item No. 23: Social security and insurance, employment and unemployment.
Item No. 24: The Welfare of Labour including conditions of work, provident funds, employers’ liability, workmen’s compensation, invalidity and old-age pension and maternity benefits.
Have You Downloaded Our App?
Best Courses & Test-series at Affordable Prices
Nishant eAcademy App
- Topic-wise Recorded Video-Classes
- Topic-wise Practice Test
- Full-Length Mock-Test
- Doubt Batch
|Also Read 👇|
|Social Security in India Notes||Industrial Relations & Labour Laws Notes|
|Insurance Notes||General Accounting Principle Notes|
|Science Notes||Polity Notes|
|Economics Notes||History Notes|