Everything About DSSSB PRT Exam from Basics – exam pattern, syllabus, job profile, career growth, number of vacancies out, starting salary, preparation strategy, best books, courses, and test series, admit card, result, previous year cut-off analysis, and duration of preparation.
Table of Contents
DSSSB PRT Exam Overview
|Name of Examination
|Full-Form of DSSSB PRT
|Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board Primary Teacher
|Exam Organised Body
|Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB)
|Notification release month
|March to July
|Senior Secondary minimum qualification
|The maximum age required for this exam is 30 years.
|₹100/- for GEN
Exempted for SC/ST/PH/Female
|Written Test, Interview, and Document Verification
|⟫ All Government Exams
|⟫ All Govt Exams Notes
|⟫ All Govt Exams Syllabus
|⟫ All Exams Calendar
|⟫ All Exams Calendar
About DSSSB PRT Exam
The DSSSB PRT Exam, conducted by the Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB), is a recruitment examination for the position of Primary Teacher in Delhi. It aims to select qualified candidates who possess the necessary skills and qualifications to teach at the primary level in government schools. The exam evaluates candidates on subjects such as General Awareness, General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Ability, English Language, and Hindi Language. The DSSSB PRT Exam plays a crucial role in ensuring the selection of competent and capable individuals to contribute to the education system at the primary level in Delhi.
Vacancy Notification for DSSSB PRT Exam
The average month when DSSSB notifies PRT (Primary Teacher) vacancies is between March to July. It’s important to note that specific notification dates can differ from year to year. The Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) is responsible for conducting recruitment exams and notifying vacancies for various posts, including PRT. The DSSSB PRT vacancies are typically announced through the official website of DSSSB.
Number of Vacancies in DSSSB PRT 2024
The average number of vacancies for the DSSSB PRT exam every year is around 1000 it is only an average the exact number of vacancies may differ each year. In 2023 there are 1019 vacancies come only for the DSSSB PRT post. The number of vacancies can vary from year to year, depending on the needs of the Delhi government. The DSSSB PRT exam is a competitive exam, and the number of applicants is usually much higher than the number of vacancies. The DSSSB PRT exam is a very important exam for anyone who wants to become a Primary Teacher in Delhi. If you are interested in applying for the DSSSB PRT exam, you should start preparing early.
Job Profile after Selection in DSSSB PRT Exam
After selection in the Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) Primary Teacher (PRT) exam, you will be appointed to the position of a Primary Teacher in the Delhi government schools. As a Primary Teacher, your primary responsibility will be to teach students from classes I to V.
Here are some key aspects of the job profile after selection:
- Classroom Instruction: You will be responsible for delivering lessons and conducting classroom instruction for various subjects, including Mathematics, English, Science, Social Studies, and others, based on the prescribed curriculum.
- Lesson Planning: You will need to create lesson plans, prepare teaching materials, and develop appropriate instructional strategies to meet the educational needs of your students.
- Student Assessment: You will assess and evaluate student progress through various methods, such as tests, quizzes, assignments, and projects. You will provide feedback and grades to students and communicate their performance to parents or guardians.
- Classroom Management: Maintaining discipline and creating a conducive learning environment in the classroom will be crucial. You will manage student behavior, encourage student participation, and address any conflicts or issues that may arise.
- Individualized Instruction: Some students may require additional support or have specific learning needs. As a primary teacher, you may need to provide individualized instruction and support to ensure all students receive an equal opportunity to learn and succeed.
- Parental Communication: Regular communication with parents or guardians is important. You will need to provide updates on student progress, discuss any concerns, and collaborate with parents to support their child’s education.
- Co-curricular Activities: You may also be involved in organizing and participating in co-curricular activities such as sports events, cultural programs, field trips, and other school-related events.
- Professional Development: To enhance your teaching skills and stay updated with new methodologies and practices, you may be encouraged to participate in professional development programs, workshops, or training sessions.
Please note that the specific responsibilities and tasks may vary depending on the school, grade level, and other factors. It’s important to familiarize yourself with the policies and guidelines of the particular school or education authority where you will be employed.
Best Courses & Test Series
Quality at Affordable Prices
DSSSB PRT Post after Selection
After being selected in the DSSSB PRT exam, you will be appointed as a Primary Teacher in Delhi government schools. Your primary role will be to provide instruction to students in classes I to V, covering subjects like Mathematics, English, Science, Social Studies, and more. As a Primary Teacher, you will be responsible for creating lesson plans, preparing teaching materials, and employing effective instructional strategies. Assessing student progress, conducting evaluations, and providing feedback will also be part of your duties. Maintaining classroom discipline and managing any conflicts or issues that may arise are crucial aspects of your job.
The starting salary for a DSSSB PRT
The starting salary of a DSSSB PRT after the 7th Pay Commission is Rs. 35,400 per month. This is the basic pay, and it includes allowances like Dearness Allowance, Transport Allowance, Housing Rent Allowance, and Medical Allowance, and these allowances can increase the total salary. The total salary of a DSSSB PRT can vary depending on the teacher’s experience, qualifications, and location. It’s important to note that these figures are approximate and can vary based on government policies, location, and other factors.
Career growth in DSSSB PRT
The DSSSB (Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board) PRT (Primary Teacher) exam is a competitive exam conducted for the recruitment of primary school teachers in Delhi. As for career growth in this field, here are some aspects to consider:
- Initial appointment: Successful candidates in the DSSSB PRT exam are appointed as primary teachers in government schools in Delhi. This appointment provides a stable job with a decent salary and benefits.
- Probation period: Newly appointed teachers usually undergo a probation period, during which their performance and suitability for the job are evaluated. Successful completion of the probation period is an essential step toward career advancement.
- Experience and seniority: As you gain experience as a primary teacher, your chances of career growth improve. Seniority plays a role in promotions and opportunities for further advancement.
- Promotions: The DSSSB offers promotional avenues for primary teachers based on their experience, qualifications, and performance. The promotion hierarchy typically includes positions like Head Teacher, Principal, and Vice Principal.
- Additional qualifications: Pursuing additional qualifications, such as a bachelor’s or master’s degree in education, can enhance your chances of career growth. Higher qualifications may open doors to administrative roles or specialized teaching positions.
- Departmental Exams: DSSSB conducts departmental exams for the existing teachers to assess their skills and knowledge. Qualifying in these exams can lead to promotions and higher positions within the education department.
- Continuing professional development: Engaging in professional development activities like attending workshops, conferences, and training programs can help you stay updated with the latest teaching methodologies and educational trends. This can contribute to your professional growth.
- Competitive exams: Apart from the DSSSB PRT exam, there are other competitive exams conducted by various education departments for promotions to higher positions. You can aim for these exams and compete for higher roles within the teaching profession.
It’s important to note that the specific career growth opportunities and progression may vary based on individual performance, vacancies, and policies of the education department. Staying dedicated, continuously improving your skills, and seeking opportunities for growth can increase your chances of career advancement in the field of primary teaching.
Selection Process For DSSSB PRT Examination 2024
The selection process for the DSSSB PRT Exam consists of 3 stages. These are given below:
- Written Test: The written test in the DSSSB PRT exam is an important stage of the selection process. The time duration of this exam is 2 hours, and the total marks are 200 for the written test. Candidates are required to answer covering the subjects such as General Awareness, General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Ability, English Language, Hindi Language, and Subject Concerned. Each question carries 1 mark and a negative marking of 0.25 marks is deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Interview: The interview stage in the DSSSB PRT (Primary Teacher) exam is a crucial part of the selection process. Shortlisted candidates from the written examination are called for an interview conducted by the Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB). During the interview, candidates are assessed on various aspects such as their communication skills, teaching aptitude, subject knowledge, problem-solving ability, and personality traits.
- Document Verification: After the interview shortlisted candidates are required to present their original documents for verification by the Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB). The purpose of this process is to ensure the authenticity of the information provided by the candidates during the application stage. It is essential to ensure that all documents are complete, accurate, and in accordance with the guidelines provided by the DSSSB. Failure to provide genuine and valid documents may lead to disqualification from the selection process.
Exam pattern of DSSSB PRT
Written Test for DSSSB PRT Recruitment
|No of Questions
|Reasoning Ability & General Intelligence
Arithmetical & Numerical Ability
|Subject Concerned (teaching methodology/ B.El.Ed./D.Ed./ NTT etc.)
The time duration of this exam is 2 hours, and the total marks are 200 for the written test. Candidates are required to answer covering the subjects such as General Awareness, General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Ability, English Language, Hindi Language, and Subject Concerned. Each question carries 1 mark and a negative marking of 0.25 marks is deducted for every incorrect answer.
Preparation strategy for DSSSB PRT exam
Preparing for the DSSSB PRT (Primary Teacher) exam requires a well-planned strategy. Here are some important tips to help you prepare effectively:
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus: Start by thoroughly understanding the exam pattern and syllabus provided in the official notification. This will give you a clear idea of the topics to be covered and the structure of the exam.
- Create a study plan: Develop a study plan that allocates time for each subject and topic according to their weightage and your strengths and weaknesses. Set realistic goals and create a timetable that allows for regular study sessions.
- Gather study materials: Collect relevant study materials, including textbooks, reference books, previous years’ question papers, and online resources. Ensure you have access to comprehensive and reliable study materials for all the subjects.
- Develop teaching skills: Enhance your teaching aptitude by familiarizing yourself with child psychology, pedagogical techniques, and classroom management strategies. Understand the principles of effective teaching and how to engage students.
- Practice time management: Since the exam has a specific time limit, practice solving questions within the given time frame. This will help you improve your speed and accuracy during the actual exam.
- Take mock tests: Regularly take mock tests to evaluate your preparation level and identify areas that require improvement. Analyze your performance and work on your weak areas.
- Stay updated with current affairs: Stay updated with current affairs, especially in the fields of education, social issues, and national/international events. Read newspapers, magazines, and online news portals to stay informed.
- Revision: Regularly revise the topics you have studied to reinforce your learning. Make concise notes or flashcards for quick revision.
Remember, consistency, discipline, and perseverance are key to success in the DSSSB PRT exam.
Best Books for DSSSB PRT
While there are various books available in the market for the DSSSB PRT (Primary Teacher) exam preparation, here are some recommended books that can help you in your studies:
- “DSSSB PRT Exam Guide” by RPH Editorial Board
- “DSSSB Primary Teacher (PRT) Success Master” by Arihant Experts
- “DSSSB PRT (Primary Teacher) Exam Complete Guide” by Sanjay Sharma and Meenakshi Sharma
- “DSSSB Primary Teacher (PRT) Exam Guide” by Upkar Prakashan
- “DSSSB Primary Teacher (PRT) Recruitment Exam Guide” by Vidya Editorial Board
- “DSSSB Primary Teacher (PRT) Exam Practice Work Book” by Kiran Prakashan
Apart from these books, it is also advisable to refer to NCERT textbooks for relevant subjects, especially for topics related to primary education. Remember to choose books that align with the updated syllabus and exam pattern.
Test series for DSSSB PRT
Nishant eAcademy offers a comprehensive test series for the DSSSB PRT Examination that can help you evaluate your preparation and identify your strengths and weaknesses. The test series is designed by experts and covers all the important topics and subjects of the DSSSB PRT syllabus. The tests are structured to mimic the actual exam pattern, and taking them can help you build exam temperament and manage time effectively. The test series is available online, and you can take the tests from the comfort of your home. The detailed performance analysis and feedback provided after each test can help you improve your performance and increase your chances of success in the DSSSB PRT exam. I highly recommend Nishant eAcademy Test Series for the DSSSB PRT exam to all aspirants who are serious about cracking the exam.
Duration of Preparation for the DSSSB PRT Exam
The duration of preparation for the DSSSB PRT (Primary Teacher) exam can vary depending on several factors, including your prior knowledge, study routine, and the amount of time you can dedicate to studying each day. It’s important to remember that the preparation duration can differ from person to person.
But on average, candidates are required for 3-4 months to prepare for the DSSSB PRT exam. However, some candidates may require more or less time depending on their familiarity with the subjects and the amount of effort they put into their studies. It’s recommended to allocate a minimum of 2-3 hours per day for focused study and revision.
To determine a suitable preparation duration for yourself, assess your existing knowledge and skills, consider the exam syllabus, and set realistic goals based on your study capacity. Make a study plan that covers all the topics, allocate sufficient time for revision, and take into account any other commitments you may have. Consistency, discipline, and effective time management are key to optimizing your preparation duration for the DSSSB PRT exam.
Result of DSSSB PRT
The DSSSB PRT (Primary Teacher) result is the outcome of the selection process conducted by the Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB). After each stage of the selection process, the result is published on the official website of DSSSB. The result is usually in the form of a merit list that includes the names or roll numbers of the candidates who have qualified for that particular stage.
After the DSSSB PRT exam, the duration of time it takes for the board to notify the DSSSB PRT results can vary. However, typically, it may take a few months for the results to be announced. After the DSSSB PRT exam, candidates are advised to stay updated on the official website of DSSSB.
Download DSSSB PRT Previous Year Solved Question Paper
FAQs – DSSSB PRT Exam
How to prepare for the DSSSB PRT exam without coaching?
Preparing for the DSSSB PRT exam without coaching is absolutely possible with the right approach and dedication. Here are some tips to help you in your preparation:
1. Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus prescribed by DSSSB. Understand the different sections, marking scheme, and time allocation for each section.
2. Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that outlines your daily, weekly, and monthly study schedule. Allocate specific time slots for each subject or topic and stick to the plan consistently.
3. Gather Study Material: Collect relevant study material such as textbooks, reference books, previous years’ question papers, and online resources. Ensure that you have access to comprehensive study material that covers all the topics mentioned in the syllabus.
4. Subject-wise Preparation: Divide your study time among different subjects such as General Awareness, General Intelligence and Reasoning, Numerical Ability, English Language, and Hindi Language. Focus on strengthening your understanding and knowledge in each subject.
5. Practice and Solve Mock Tests: Regularly solve mock tests and previous years’ question papers to get familiar with the exam pattern, improve time management skills, and identify areas where you need to improve.
6. Time Management: Allocate time efficiently during your preparation. Devote more time to subjects or topics that you find challenging while revising and practicing regularly to retain information.
7. Stay Updated: Stay updated with current affairs, educational policies, and developments in the field of education. Read newspapers, magazines, and online resources to enhance your knowledge of current events and educational trends.
8. Self-Assessment and Revision: Continuously evaluate your progress by self-assessing your performance in practice tests and mock exams. Identify your strengths and weaknesses and work on improving them. Regularly revise the topics to ensure better retention of information.
9. Seek Clarification: If you come across any doubts or difficulties during your self-study, utilize online forums, and study groups, or seek help from subject experts or teachers to clarify your queries.
10. Stay Motivated and Positive: Maintaining a positive attitude and staying motivated throughout your preparation is crucial. Surround yourself with a supportive study environment and reward yourself for achieving study milestones.
Remember, self-study requires discipline, perseverance, and consistency. With dedicated effort and the right resources, you can effectively prepare for the DSSSB PRT exam without coaching.
How to start DSSSB PRT preparation?
To start your DSSSB PRT (Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board Primary Teacher) preparation, follow these steps:
1. Subject-wise Preparation: Focus on one subject at a time and cover all the topics within that subject. Read the relevant study material, make notes, and solve practice questions related to each topic. Gradually move on to the next subject.
2. Practice Previous Year’s Question Papers: Solve previous years’ question papers to get familiar with the exam pattern and the types of questions asked. This will help you understand the level of difficulty and the areas that require more attention.
3. Take Mock Tests: Regularly take mock tests designed specifically for the DSSSB PRT exam. Mock tests simulate the actual exam environment and help you assess your performance, identify strengths and weaknesses, and improve your time management skills.
4. Improve Time Management: Work on managing your time effectively during the exam. Practice solving questions within the time limit to ensure that you can complete the exam on time.
5. Stay Updated: Keep yourself updated with current affairs, educational policies, and developments in the field of education. Read newspapers, magazines, and online resources to enhance your knowledge of current events and educational trends.
6. Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that suits your schedule and preferences. Break down the syllabus into smaller topics and allocate specific time slots for each topic. Set achievable study goals and follow your plan consistently.
7. Revision and Self-Assessment: Regularly revise the topics you have covered to retain the information. Self-assess your performance through practice tests and identify areas where you need improvement. Focus on strengthening those areas during your revision.
8. Seek Help if Needed: If you face any difficulties or have doubts during your preparation, don’t hesitate to seek help from subject experts, or teachers, or join online forums and study groups to clarify your queries.
9. Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus prescribed by DSSSB. Understand the sections, the number of questions, the marking scheme, and the time allotted for each section. This will give you a clear idea of what to expect in the exam.
10. Stay Motivated: Maintain a positive attitude, stay motivated, and believe in your abilities. Surround yourself with a supportive study environment, take breaks when needed, and reward yourself for achieving study milestones.
Remember, consistency and dedication are key to succeeding in the DSSSB PRT exam. Start early, follow a structured study plan, and put in regular effort to maximize your chances of success.