Everything About DSSSB TGT Exam from Basics – exam pattern, syllabus, job profile, career growth, number of vacancies out, starting salary, preparation strategy, best books, courses, and test series, admit card, result, previous year cut-off analysis and duration of preparation.
Table of Contents
DSSSB TGT Exam Overview
|Name of Examination
|Full-Form of DSSSB TGT
|Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board Trained Graduate Teacher
|Exam Organised Body
|Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB)
|Notification release month
|graduation (Minimum Qualification) and 2-year diploma
|21 years- 30 years
|₹100/- for GEN/OBC/EWS
Exempted for SC/ST/PH/Female
|Written Examination, Document Verification
|⟫ All Government Exams
|⟫ All Govt Exams Notes
|⟫ All Govt Exams Syllabus
|⟫ All Exams Calendar
|⟫ All Exams Calendar
About DSSSB TGT Exam
The DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam is conducted by the Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) in India. It is a recruitment examination for the position of Trained Graduate Teacher in government schools under the Directorate of Education, Government of National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi.
The exam aims to select qualified candidates for teaching positions in various subjects. The DSSSB TGT exam typically consists of multiple-choice questions and evaluates candidates’ knowledge, subject expertise, teaching abilities, and general aptitude. Clearing this exam allows candidates to pursue a career in teaching and contribute to the education system of Delhi.
Vacancy Notification for DSSSB TGT Exam
Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) has notified the TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam at different times throughout the year. The notification can differ from year to year and depends on various factors such as vacancies, administrative processes, and scheduling considerations. But the average month when the DSSSB notifies the TGT exam is between May-October. This is just an average to know the most accurate and up-to-date information about the TGT exam notification, it is recommended to regularly check the official DSSSB website.
Number of Vacancies in DSSSB TGT 2024
The average number of vacancies for the TGT exam conducted by the Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) is between 2000-2300 per year. The number of vacancies varies depending on the subject and the number of candidates who apply. It would be best to refer to official sources such as the DSSSB website or official notifications to obtain accurate information on the number of TGT Exam vacancies in those years.
Job Profile after Selection in DSSSB TGT Exam
After selection in the DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) Exam, candidates are appointed to the position of a TGT in various government schools under the Directorate of Education, Government of Delhi. Here is some short information about the job profile of a TGT:
- Teaching Responsibilities: As a TGT, you will be responsible for teaching students in the respective subject or subjects you are assigned. The subjects can vary and may include subjects like English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, etc.
- Lesson Planning and Delivery: TGTs are responsible for planning lessons, preparing teaching materials, and delivering effective instruction to students. They follow the curriculum guidelines and prepare students for examinations.
- Classroom Management: TGTs maintain discipline and create a conducive learning environment in the classroom. They manage student behavior, address queries, and provide necessary guidance to foster a positive learning atmosphere.
- Assessments and Grading: TGTs evaluate student performance through assessments such as tests, quizzes, assignments, and projects. They provide constructive feedback, grade assignments, and maintain accurate records of student progress.
- Co-curricular Activities: TGTs often participate in organizing and supervising co-curricular activities like sports events, cultural programs, and other extracurricular activities to promote holistic development among students.
- Parent-Teacher Communication: TGTs interact with parents or guardians to discuss student progress, address concerns, and provide updates on academic performance. They collaborate with parents in supporting the educational growth of students.
- Professional Development: TGTs may attend workshops, training programs, and professional development sessions to enhance their teaching skills, stay updated with educational trends, and improve their subject knowledge.
It’s important to note that the specific job responsibilities and duties may vary based on the subject and school in which a TGT is appointed.
Best Courses & Test Series
Quality at Affordable Prices
DSSSB TGT Post after Selection
After being selected for the DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam, candidates are appointed to the position of a TGT in various government schools under the Directorate of Education, Government of Delhi. As a TGT, your primary responsibility will be to teach students in the subject or subjects you are assigned. You will plan lessons, prepare teaching materials, and deliver instruction to students following the curriculum guidelines.
Classroom management and maintaining discipline are important aspects of the job. Assessing student performance through tests, assignments, and projects, as well as providing feedback, will be part of your routine. TGTs often engage in co-curricular activities such as sports events and cultural programs, fostering the holistic development of students.
Effective communication with parents or guardians is important, as you will discuss student progress and address any concerns. TGTs also have opportunities for professional development, attending workshops and training programs to enhance teaching skills and stay updated with educational trends.
Starting salary for a DSSSB TGT
The starting salary of a DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) after the 7th Pay Commission is ₹44,900/- per month. This is the basic pay and various type of allowances are added like Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), and Transport Allowance (TA).
The starting salary of a DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) after the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission can differ depending on various factors such as the specific position, grade pay, and other allowances. To check the accurate and up-to-date information regarding the starting salary of a DSSSB TGT after the 7th pay commission, it is recommended to refer to the official website of the DSSSB or the Directorate of Education, Government of Delhi.
Career growth in DSSSB TGT exam
The career growth prospects for individuals who clear the DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam can be promising. Here are some potential career advancement opportunities:
- Senior TGT: After gaining experience as a TGT, there may be opportunities to become a Senior TGT. Senior TGTs frequently have additional responsibilities and may be entrusted with tasks such as mentoring junior teachers, coordinating subject-specific activities, or taking on leadership roles within the school.
- Head of Department (HOD): TGTs who excel in their subject and demonstrate strong leadership skills may be considered for the position of Head of Department. As a HOD, you would be responsible for overseeing the curriculum, coordinating with other teachers, managing resources, and ensuring the smooth functioning of the department.
- Vice Principal/Principal: With further experience and qualifications, TGTs may aspire to become Vice Principals or Principals of schools. These positions involve administrative responsibilities, such as managing staff, overseeing school operations, implementing policies, and providing educational leadership.
- Administrative Roles: TGTs who wish to explore non-teaching roles can consider administrative positions in education departments, such as becoming an educational officer, curriculum developer, or education administrator. These roles involve policy-making, curriculum planning, and monitoring educational initiatives.
- Teacher Educator: TGTs with a passion for teacher training and development can explore opportunities as teacher educators. They can join educational institutions or organizations involved in providing training programs, workshops, and professional development for teachers.
It’s important to note that career growth opportunities may vary depending on factors such as experience, qualifications, performance, and availability of positions.
Selection Process For DSSSB TGT Examination 2024
The selection procedure for the DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) Exam typically consists of two stages. Here is the information given below:
- Written Examination: The first stage of the selection process is a written examination. This exam tests the candidates’ knowledge in the subject-specific domain, general awareness, reasoning ability, and teaching aptitude. The question paper is typically objective and descriptive in nature and may include multiple-choice questions.
- Document Verification: Shortlisted candidates are called for document verification. They need to produce original documents, including educational certificates, identity proof, age proof, caste/category certificates (if applicable), and any other documents specified in the notification.
1. Written Examination
The written examination in the DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) Exam is an important component of the selection process. DSSSB TGT Exam typically consists of multiple-choice and Descriptive type questions. The total marks for the exam are generally around 200 marks. The question paper is designed to evaluate the candidates’ subject knowledge, General Awareness, reasoning ability, Arithmetic & Numerical Ability, Hindi Language, English Language, and Subject Concerned.
Regarding negative marking, the DSSSB has a provision for it. For each incorrect answer, 0.25 marks are deducted as a penalty. However, it’s important to note that the specific details of negative markings, such as the deduction per question, may vary and should be referred to in the official notification and exam guidelines provided by the DSSSB.
2. Document Verification
Document verification is an essential stage in the DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) Exam selection process. Once candidates have cleared the written examination and have been shortlisted, they are called for document verification. During this stage, candidates are required to provide original documents to verify their eligibility and qualifications as stated in the application form.
The specific documents that need to be presented may differ based on the official notification and requirements set by the DSSSB. Typically, candidates are expected to provide documents such as educational certificates, identity proof, age proof, caste/category certificates (if applicable), and any other documents specified in the notification. It is crucial for candidates to ensure that they carry all the required documents in their original form, along with photocopies as requested by the DSSSB.
Exam pattern of DSSSB TGT
|No of Questions
|General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability
|Arithmetic & Numerical Ability
DSSSB TGT Exam consists of multiple-choice and Descriptive type questions. The question paper is designed to evaluate the candidates’ subject knowledge, General Awareness, reasoning ability, Arithmetic & Numerical Ability, Hindi Language, English Language, and Subject Concerned. The total mark for the exam is 200 marks each question carries 1 mark. For each incorrect answer, 0.25 marks are deducted as a penalty and, the exam duration is 2 hours.
Document verification is an important stage in the DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) Exam selection process. It involves candidates presenting original documents to verify their eligibility and qualifications as stated in the application. Important documents like educational certificates, identity proof, age proof, and caste/category certificates (if applicable) are typically required. Candidates should carefully review the official notification for specific document requirements and ensure they carry all necessary documents in their original form, along with photocopies.
Preparation strategy for DSSSB TGT exam
Preparing for the DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam requires a systematic and focused approach. Here are some effective preparation strategies:
- Understand the Exam Pattern: Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern, marking scheme, and syllabus of the DSSSB TGT exam. This will help you structure your preparation and allocate time accordingly.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that includes dedicated time for each subject and topic. Set achievable goals and create a timetable to cover the entire syllabus systematically.
- Gather Study Materials: Collect relevant study materials, including textbooks, reference books, previous years’ question papers, and online resources. Ensure you have access to updated and reliable study materials.
- Subject-wise Preparation: Focus on strengthening your knowledge in the specific subject or subjects for which you are appearing in the exam. Understand the concepts, practice numerical problems, and revise important topics.
- Mock Tests and Practice Papers: Regularly attempt mock tests and practice papers to gauge your preparation level and familiarize yourself with the exam format. Analyze your performance and identify areas that require improvement.
- Time Management: Develop effective time management skills to optimize your performance during the exam. Practice solving questions within the allotted time to improve your speed and accuracy.
- Revision: Set aside dedicated time for regular revision to consolidate your learning and reinforce important concepts. Create summary notes or flashcards for quick revision.
- Stay Updated: Stay updated with current affairs, developments in the education field, and the latest teaching methodologies. This will help you answer questions related to general awareness and teaching aptitude.
- Seek Guidance: If needed, seek guidance from experienced teachers or subject experts. Joining coaching classes or online study groups can also provide additional support and guidance.
- Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle: Take care of your physical and mental well-being. Get enough sleep, eat nutritious food, exercise regularly, and take breaks to avoid burnout.
Remember, consistency and dedication are key to achieving success in the DSSSB TGT exam. Stay focused, maintain a positive mindset, and believe in your abilities. Good luck!
Best Books for DSSSB TGT
While the choice of books for preparing for the DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam may differ based on individual preferences and subjects, here are some popular books that can be helpful:
- DSSSB TGT Exam Books by Arihant Publications: These comprehensive guides cover the entire syllabus of the DSSSB TGT exam and provide practice questions, previous year’s papers, and topic-wise explanations.
- DSSSB TGT Exam Books by RPH Editorial Board: These books provide subject-specific content, practice sets, and solved papers to help candidates prepare for the exam effectively.
- DSSSB TGT Exam Guide Books by Upkar Prakashan: These guides offer detailed subject-wise coverage, practice questions, and model papers to aid in exam preparation.
- Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT) Exam Books by Disha Publication: These books provide extensive coverage of the DSSSB TGT syllabus, along with ample practice questions and solved papers for practice.
- Subject-specific Books: For individual subjects, candidates can refer to textbooks prescribed for the relevant academic level, along with reference books for additional practice and an in-depth understanding of the subject.
It is recommended to thoroughly review the content, sample questions, and reviews of the books before making a selection. Remember to stay updated with the latest syllabus and exam pattern while choosing and using study materials.
Test series for DSSSB TGT exam
Nishant eAcademy offers a comprehensive test series for the DSSSB TGT Examination that can help you evaluate your preparation and identify your strengths and weaknesses. The test series is designed by experts and covers all the important topics and subjects of the DSSSB TGT syllabus. The tests are structured to mimic the actual exam pattern, and taking them can help you build exam temperament and manage time effectively. The test series is available online, and you can take the tests from the comfort of your home. The detailed performance analysis and feedback provided after each test can help you improve your performance and increase your chances of success in the DSSSB TGT exam. I highly recommend Nishant eAcademy Test Series for the DSSSB TGT exam to all aspirants who are serious about cracking the exam.
Duration of Preparation for the DSSSB TGT Exam
The duration of preparation for the DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam can differ depending on several factors, including the candidate’s prior knowledge, study routine, available time, and the complexity of the exam syllabus. It is generally recommended to allocate a dedicated and consistent study period of 4 to 6 months for effective preparation.
During this timeframe, candidates can cover the entire syllabus systematically, revise important topics, practice mock tests, and strengthen their subject-specific knowledge. The duration of preparation can also depend on the candidate’s study hours per day and the availability of study materials.
It is important to note that each candidate’s preparation timeline may differ based on their individual circumstances and level of readiness. Some candidates may require a longer duration for comprehensive preparation, while others with a strong foundation in the subject may require a shorter timeframe.
Regardless of the duration, consistency, discipline, and a structured study plan is key factors in achieving success in the DSSSB TGT exam. It is advisable to start preparing well in advance and manage time effectively to cover the syllabus thoroughly and gain confidence in all the required subject areas.
Result of DSSSB TGT
The notification of the DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam result can differ from year to year. The DSSSB generally releases the results within a few months after the completion of the selection process, including the written examination and Document Verification. The specific month for the result announcement can differ based on factors such as the number of applicants, the complexity of the evaluation process, and administrative considerations.
But the average month DSSSB notified TGT Result is between January to June. It is recommended to refer to the official website or stay updated with the latest news from the DSSSB will ensure you receive the most accurate and timely information regarding the result announcement for the TGT exam.
Download DSSSB TGT Previous Year Solved Question Paper
FAQs – DSSSB TGT Exam
How to prepare for the DSSSB TGT exam without coaching?
Preparing for the DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam without coaching is definitely possible. Here are some tips to help you with your self-preparation:
1. Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the DSSSB TGT exam pattern and syllabus. This will give you a clear idea of the subjects, topics, and marking scheme.
2. Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that covers all the subjects and topics within a realistic timeframe. Set achievable goals and allocate specific study hours for each subject.
3. Gather Study Materials: Collect relevant study materials such as textbooks, reference books, previous years’ question papers, and online resources. Ensure they are aligned with the latest syllabus.
4. Subject-wise Preparation: Divide your time to cover each subject thoroughly. Understand the concepts, revise important topics, and practice solving questions related to each subject.
5. Practice Mock Tests and Previous Papers: Take advantage of mock tests and previous years’ question papers to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern, time management, and types of questions asked.
6. Self-Evaluation: Regularly assess your progress and identify areas of improvement. Analyze your strengths and weaknesses to adjust your study plan accordingly.
7. Online Resources and Video Tutorials: Utilize online resources, video tutorials, and educational websites that provide free study materials, quizzes, and explanations for various topics.
8. Join Study Groups: Engage in online study groups or forums where you can interact with fellow aspirants. Discussing doubts, sharing resources, and exchanging study strategies can be helpful.
9. Stay Updated: Stay updated with current affairs, educational developments, and teaching methodologies. Subscribe to relevant newsletters, follow educational websites, and read newspapers to stay informed.
10. Revise and Practice Regularly: Regular revision is crucial to reinforce concepts and improve retention. Set aside time for revision and solve practice questions to enhance your problem-solving skills.
Remember, self-discipline, consistency, and dedication are key to succeeding in the DSSSB TGT exam without coaching.
How to start DSSSB TGT preparation?
To start your preparation for the DSSSB TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam, follow these steps:
1. Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that suits your schedule and allows you to allocate sufficient time for each subject. Divide your time effectively, focusing on all the subjects and giving more attention to areas that require improvement.
2. Start with Basics: Begin your preparation by building a strong foundation. Understand the fundamental concepts of each subject and make notes for future reference.
3. Subject-wise Preparation: Divide your time to cover each subject systematically. Study each topic thoroughly, solve practice questions, and refer to relevant study materials to enhance your understanding.
4. Solve Previous Years’ Question Papers: Practice solving previous years’ question papers to get acquainted with the exam pattern, time management, and types of questions asked. This will help you identify the areas where you need more practice.
5. Take Mock Tests: As you progress in your preparation, take regular mock tests to assess your knowledge and identify areas for improvement. Analyze your performance and focus on enhancing your weak areas.
6. Revise Regularly: Allocate time for regular revision to reinforce what you have learned. Review your notes, practice important topics, and solve sample questions to keep the concepts fresh in your mind.
7. Stay Updated: Stay updated with current affairs, especially in the field of education. Read newspapers, follow educational websites, and stay informed about the latest teaching methodologies and educational developments.
8. Seek Clarification: If you come across any doubts or concepts that you find challenging, don’t hesitate to seek clarification. Consult your teachers, join online study groups, or participate in forums where you can interact with fellow aspirants.
9. Gather Study Materials: Collect the necessary study materials, including textbooks, reference books, previous years’ question papers, and online resources. Ensure that the materials are aligned with the latest syllabus and cover all the required subjects.
Remember to stay focused, maintain a disciplined study routine, and practice consistently. It is also essential to take care of your physical and mental well-being during the preparation period.