The full form of UNESCO is the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. UNESCO is a specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes international collaboration in education, science, culture, and communication to foster peace, sustainable development, and the protection of cultural heritage.
Table of Contents
More Competitive & Government Exams and Jobs Links
Full form of UNESCO
UNESCO full form is the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, it is a specialized agency that aims to promote peace, social progress, and sustainable development through international cooperation in the fields of education, science, culture, and communication. It works to protect and preserve cultural heritage, promote cultural diversity, foster freedom of expression, advance scientific knowledge, and enhance access to quality education for all. UNESCO is known for designating World Heritage Sites, supporting literacy initiatives, promoting intercultural dialogue, and advocating for the protection of natural and cultural treasures worldwide.
full form of UNESCO in Hindi
The full form of UNESCO in Hindi is “संयुक्त राष्ट्रीय शैक्षिक, वैज्ञानिक और सांस्कृतिक संगठन” (Sanyukt Rashtraik Shikshik, Vaigyanik aur Sanskritik Sangathan).
Best Courses & Test Series
Quality at Affordable Prices
UNESCO stands for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. It is an agency of the United Nations that works to promote international cooperation in the fields of education, science, culture, and communication. Its goals include fostering peace, sustainable development, and the protection of cultural and natural heritage. UNESCO carries out various initiatives and programs to support education, scientific research, cultural preservation, and the exchange of ideas and knowledge among nations.
The UNESCO Headquarters is located in Paris, France. The organization’s main office and administrative center are situated at 7 Place de Fontenoy in the 7th arrondissement of Paris. This iconic building of UNESCO hq serves as the hub for UNESCO’s activities and initiatives in the fields of education, science, culture, and communication. The headquarters also house various departments, divisions, and specialized units responsible for implementing UNESCO’s programs and coordinating international cooperation efforts. UNESCO abbreviation is United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
Buy Best PDF Notes at Affordable Prices
Functions of UNESCO
UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, carries out several key functions in its mandate to promote peace, sustainable development, and intercultural dialogue. Some of the main functions of UNESCO include:
- Education: UNESCO works to improve access to quality education for all, promoting inclusive and equitable learning opportunities at all levels. It supports initiatives to enhance literacy, teacher training, educational policies, and the integration of technology in education.
- Science: UNESCO promotes scientific research and cooperation, fostering the advancement of knowledge and innovation. It supports scientific projects, encourages the sharing of scientific information, and addresses global challenges through science-based solutions.
- Culture: UNESCO works to safeguard cultural heritage and promote cultural diversity. It designates and protects World Heritage Sites, preserves intangible cultural heritage, promotes cultural industries, and facilitates dialogue among different cultures to foster mutual understanding and respect.
- Communication and Information: UNESCO promotes freedom of expression, media development, and access to information. It advocates for press freedom, supports media development projects, and promotes media literacy and digital skills to foster inclusive knowledge societies.
- Sustainable Development: UNESCO integrates its activities with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and contributes to achieving them. It addresses environmental challenges, promotes sustainable development in various sectors, and fosters the protection of natural resources and ecosystems.
- Peacebuilding and Intercultural Dialogue: UNESCO promotes peacebuilding through education, dialogue, and cultural exchange. It works to prevent conflicts, strengthen social cohesion, and enhance intercultural understanding to foster peaceful coexistence.
Through these functions, UNESCO aims to contribute to the building of a more just, peaceful, and sustainable world by harnessing the power of education, science, culture, and communication.
Clear Your Concepts
which UNESCO site is located in the southern hemisphere?
One UNESCO site located in the southern hemisphere is the Great Barrier Reef, which is inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The Great Barrier Reef is situated off the coast of Queensland, Australia, and is the world’s largest coral reef system, renowned for its biodiversity and natural beauty. It is recognized for its outstanding universal value in terms of ecological significance and is protected as a marine park and World Heritage Area. UNESCO full form in English is United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
FAQs on the Full Form of UNESCO
What does UNESCO stand for?
UNESCO stands for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
What is the purpose of UNESCO?
UNESCO’s purpose is to promote peace, sustainable development, and intercultural dialogue through cooperation in the fields of education, science, culture, and communication.
How many World Heritage Sites are recognized by UNESCO?
As of the current date, there are 1,154 sites listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites around the world.
What is the role of UNESCO in preserving cultural heritage?
UNESCO plays a crucial role in preserving cultural heritage by designating and protecting World Heritage Sites, promoting the preservation of intangible cultural heritage, supporting cultural diversity, and assisting member states in safeguarding their heritage.
What are UNESCO’s focus areas in education?
UNESCO focuses on promoting inclusive and quality education for all. It works towards achieving universal access to education, improving literacy rates, enhancing teacher training, and integrating technology in education.
How does UNESCO support scientific research and cooperation?
UNESCO supports scientific research and cooperation by fostering the exchange of scientific knowledge, promoting collaboration among scientists and institutions, supporting scientific projects, and addressing global challenges through science-based solutions.
|List of Upcoming Government Exams|
|18 National Symbols of India|
|List of Presidents of India From 1947 to 2023|
|World’s Biggest Highest & Smallest|
|Biology terms a-z list|
|Full Form of UNESCO in English||United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization|
|Full Form of UNESCO in Hindi||संयुक्त राष्ट्र शैक्षिक, वैज्ञानिक और सांस्कृतिक संगठन|
|Full Form of UNESCO in Marathi||संयुक्त राष्ट्र शैक्षणिक, वैज्ञानिक आणि सांस्कृतिक संघटन|
|Full Form of UNESCO in Bengali||বিশ্বব্যাপী শিক্ষা, বৈজ্ঞানিক ও সাংস্কৃতিক সংগঠন।|
|Full Form of UNESCO in Tamil||ஐக்கிய நாடுகளின் கல்வி, அறிவியல் மற்றும் கலாச்சார அமைப்பு|
|Full Form of UNESCO in Telugu||యునైటెడ్ నేషన్స్ ఎడ్యుకేషనల్, సైంటిఫిక్ అండ్ కల్చరల్ ఆర్గనైజేషన్|