Everything About HTET TGT Exam from Basics – exam pattern, syllabus, job profile, career growth, number of vacancies out, starting salary, preparation strategy, best books, courses, and test series, admit card, result, previous year cut-off analysis, and duration of preparation.
Table of Contents
HTET TGT Exam Overview
|Name of Examination||HTET TGT|
|Full-Form of HTET TGT||Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test Trained Graduate Teacher|
|Exam Organised Body||Board of School Education Haryana (BSEH)|
|Vacancy Notification||Every year|
|Notification release month||September-November|
|Qualification||Graduation and B. Ed|
|Age Limit||18years-38 years|
|Application Fee||₹900/- for SC, PH Candidate of Haryana Domicile 900|
₹1800/- for other candidates
|Selection Process||Written exam, Interview, and Candidate’s teaching experience|
Clear Your Concepts
|⟫ All Government Exams|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Notes|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Syllabus|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
About HTET TGT Exam
The HTET TGT is a specialized level of the HTET exam conducted by the Board of School Education Haryana (BSEH). It is designed to assess candidates’ eligibility to become Trained Graduate Teachers in government schools in Haryana, India. The HTET TGT exam evaluates candidates’ teaching aptitude, subject knowledge, and understanding of educational methodologies specific to the TGT level. It consists of multiple-choice questions and is mandatory for candidates seeking TGT teacher positions in Haryana. Successful candidates receive HTET certificates, validating their eligibility for TGT teacher roles in government schools.
Vacancy Notification for HTET TGT Exam
The Board of School Education Haryana (BSEH) generally notifies the Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test (HTET) TGT vacancy during the months of September to November. It is important to note that the notification date can vary from year to year. The BSEH usually releases the notification date a few months before the exam.
Number of Vacancies in HTET TGT 2023
The number of vacancies can vary from year to year based on factors such as the demand for teachers, the availability of positions in different schools, and government policies. But the average number of vacancies varies between 7000-8000. This is only an average the exact number of vacancies may differ each year.
Job Profile after Selection in HTET TGT Exam
After successfully clearing the HTET TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam and getting selected, candidates can expect to take on the role of a TGT teacher in the respective subject they have qualified for. The job profile of a TGT teacher typically involves the following responsibilities:
- Teaching: TGT teachers are responsible for delivering effective classroom instruction to students in their subject area. They prepare lesson plans, conduct lectures, facilitate discussions, and assess student progress.
- Curriculum Development: TGT teachers may contribute to the development and revision of the curriculum for their subject, ensuring that it aligns with educational standards and objectives.
- Classroom Management: They maintain discipline within the classroom, create a positive learning environment, and manage student behavior to foster a conducive learning atmosphere.
- Assessments and Grading: TGT teachers evaluate student performance through assessments, tests, and assignments. They provide feedback, grade assignments, and maintain accurate records of student progress.
- Student Support: TGT teachers provide guidance and support to students, addressing their individual learning needs, and offering extra help or remedial assistance as required.
- Co-curricular Activities: They may actively participate in organizing and supervising co-curricular activities such as sports events, cultural programs, field trips, etc.
- Parent-Teacher Communication: TGT teachers communicate with parents or guardians to discuss student progress, address concerns, and collaborate on strategies for student development.
Best Courses & Test Series
Quality at Affordable Prices
HTET TGT Post after Selection
Once a candidate qualifies for the TGT post through HTET, they become eligible to apply for TGT vacancies in various government and private schools in Haryana. TGTs are responsible for teaching students in classes 6 to 8, depending on the subject they specialize in.
After selection, candidates are required to undergo a selection process conducted by the respective school or education department. This process involves interviews to assess the candidate’s suitability for the TGT position. The final selection is based on merit and fulfilling the required criteria.
Upon being selected, candidates are appointed as TGT teachers in schools, where they play an important role in shaping students’ academic and overall development. They are responsible for delivering subject-specific lessons, preparing lesson plans, evaluating students’ performance, and providing guidance and support.
Being a TGT teacher is a fulfilling profession that offers stability, growth, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on young minds. It requires strong subject knowledge, effective teaching skills, and a passion for education. TGT teachers have the responsibility to create a conducive learning environment and contribute to the overall educational progress of their students.
Starting salary of HTET TGT
After the 7th pay commission, the starting salary of an HTET TGT is ₹44,900. This is only the basic pay and it allows various types of allowances like Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, and other allowances. The total in-hand salary also depends on the city and the level of experience and the salary structure may change over time due to revisions in the pay scale or other factors.
Career growth in the HTET TGT exam
Career growth in the HTET TGT exam can be quite promising if you perform well and meet the eligibility criteria for higher positions. Here are the potential career growth opportunities:
- TGT Teacher: After qualifying for the HTET TGT exam, you can become a TGT teacher in government or private schools in Haryana. As a TGT teacher, you will have the opportunity to teach students in classes 6 to 8.
- Senior TGT Teacher: With experience and performance, you can be promoted to the position of Senior TGT Teacher. This may come with additional responsibilities, such as being a subject coordinator or head of a department.
- Post Graduate Teacher (PGT): If you further enhance your qualifications by obtaining a postgraduate degree in the relevant subject and meet the eligibility criteria, you can appear for the HTET PGT exam. Qualifying for this exam will open up opportunities for teaching higher classes (XI and XII) as a PGT teacher.
- Head of Department (HOD): With experience and expertise in your subject, you can aspire to become the Head of Department (HOD) in a school. As a HOD, you will have the responsibility of managing the department, mentoring other teachers, and ensuring the overall academic development of the subject.
- Vice Principal/Principal: As you gain more experience, demonstrate leadership skills, and meet the necessary criteria, you can aim for administrative roles like Vice Principal or Principal in a school. These positions involve overall school management, including curriculum development, staff management, and student welfare.
- District Education Officer (DEO): In some cases, highly experienced and qualified teachers may have the opportunity to serve as District Education Officers (DEOs). DEOs are responsible for overseeing the educational activities, policies, and administration of schools in a district.
It’s important to note that career growth depends on various factors, including your performance, qualifications, experience, and availability of vacancies.
Selection Process For HTET TGT Examination 2023
- Written exam: The full mark of the exam is 150 each question carries 1 mark and a negative is not applicable. The total duration of this exam is 2 hours 30 minutes. In HTET TGT exam subject contains Child Development and Pedagogy, Language-Hindi, Language-English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, General knowledge, and Subject Specific. The exam is conducted by the Board of School Education Haryana (BSEH).
- Interview: In the HTET TGT exam the second stage is an interview as part of the selection process. The interview is conducted to assess the candidates’ suitability, subject knowledge, teaching skills, and overall personality. The interview aims to evaluate the candidates’ communication skills, confidence, problem-solving abilities, and understanding of the role of a teacher. It is important for candidates to prepare well by studying the relevant subjects, and current educational trends, and practicing mock interviews to enhance their chances of success.
- Candidate’s teaching experience: In the HTET TGT exam, candidates’ teaching experience holds significance as it is considered during the selection process. Having prior teaching experience can be advantageous as it demonstrates practical knowledge, pedagogical skills, and the ability to manage a classroom effectively. It can enhance the candidate’s profile and increase their chances of success in the HTET TGT exam by showcasing their practical expertise and understanding.
Exam pattern of HTET TGT
|Paper||No of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Pedagogy and Child Development||30||30||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
The full mark of the exam is 150 each question carries 1 mark and a negative is not applicable. The total duration of this exam is 2 hours 30 minutes. And the exam is conducted by the Board of School Education Haryana (BSEH).
Preparation strategy for HTET TGT exam
Preparing for the HTET TGT exam requires a systematic approach and a well-defined strategy. Here are some key steps to help you in your preparation:
- Understand the Syllabus: Begin by thoroughly understanding the HTET TGT exam syllabus. It will give you a clear idea of the subjects, topics, and subtopics that you need to cover.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that allocates sufficient time to each subject and topic. Ensure you have a balanced approach, covering all the subjects and allocating more time to areas you find challenging.
- Study Material: Gather reliable and comprehensive study material, including textbooks, reference books, previous year’s question papers, and online resources. Make sure to refer to the recommended books and study materials by experts or coaching institutes.
- Practice Mock Tests: Regularly attempt mock tests and previous year’s question papers to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern, time management, and question types. Analyze your performance, identify weaknesses, and work on improving them.
- Time Management: Develop effective time management skills by setting realistic study goals, dividing your study time for different subjects, and allocating sufficient time for revision.
- Stay Updated: Stay updated with current affairs, educational policies, and developments in the field of education. This will help you in the general awareness section and demonstrate your awareness of the latest trends in education.
- Seek Guidance: Consider joining a reputable coaching institute or seek guidance from experienced teachers or mentors who can provide valuable insights, and study tips, and help clarify doubts.
- Revision: Regularly revise the topics you have studied to reinforce your learning. Create concise notes, mind maps, or flashcards to aid in quick revision.
- Stay Positive and Healthy: Maintain a positive mindset, stay motivated, and take care of your physical and mental health. Take regular breaks, engage in physical activities, and get sufficient sleep to stay focused and energized during the preparation period.
Best Books for HTET TGT
Here are some popular books that can be useful for the HTET TGT exam preparation:
- HTET TGT Exam Guide by RPH Editorial Board: This book is specifically designed for the HTET TGT exam and covers all the subjects included in the syllabus. It provides comprehensive coverage of topics, along with practice questions and previous year’s solved papers.
- HTET TGT English Language by Sanjay Kumar: This book focuses on the English language section of the HTET TGT exam. It covers grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, and other related topics. It also includes practice exercises and the previous year’s question papers.
- HTET TGT Mathematics by R. Gupta: This book is specifically designed for the mathematics section of the HTET TGT exam. It covers all the relevant topics, including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and statistics. It provides ample practice questions and exercises for thorough preparation.
- HTET TGT Social Studies/Social Science by Upkar Prakashan: This book is dedicated to the social studies/social science section of the HTET TGT exam. It covers history, geography, economics, and civics subjects. It includes detailed explanations, practice questions, and previous year’s papers.
- HTET TGT Science by Sushil Verma: This book is focused on the science section of the HTET TGT exam. It covers topics from physics, chemistry, and biology. It includes theory, practice questions, and solved examples for better understanding.
Remember to check the latest edition of these books or look for updated versions that align with the current syllabus and exam pattern.
Test series for HTET TGT exam
Nishant eAcademy offers a comprehensive test series for the HTET TGT Examination that can help you evaluate your preparation and identify your strengths and weaknesses. The test series is designed by experts and covers all the important topics and subjects of the HTET TGT syllabus. The tests are structured to mimic the actual exam pattern, and taking them can help you build exam temperament and manage time effectively. The test series is available online, and you can take the tests from the comfort of your home. The detailed performance analysis and feedback provided after each test can help you improve your performance and increase your chances of success in the HTET TGT exam. I highly recommend Nishant eAcademy Test Series for the HTET TGT exam to all aspirants who are serious about cracking the exam.
Duration of Preparation for the HTET TGT Exam
The duration of preparation for the HTET TGT exam can differ depending on several factors, including your prior knowledge, study routine, availability of study materials, and the time you can dedicate to studying each day. On average, candidates require a preparation period of 3 to 6 months to cover the syllabus thoroughly and be well-prepared for the exam.
Here are some factors to consider when planning your preparation duration:
- Familiarity with the Syllabus: Assess your familiarity with the HTET TGT exam syllabus. If you are already well-versed in the subjects and topics covered in the exam, you might need a shorter preparation duration. On the other hand, if you are relatively new to the subjects or need to brush up on certain topics, a longer duration may be necessary.
- Study Routine and Available Time: Determine how much time you can dedicate to studying each day. Create a study schedule that is realistic and achievable based on your daily commitments and responsibilities. Consistency is key, so try to allocate a fixed amount of time each day for studying.
- Study Materials and Resources: Gather the relevant study materials, textbooks, reference books, and online resources needed for your preparation. Ensure you have access to quality study materials that cover the entire syllabus and provide practice questions and sample papers.
- Practice and Mock Tests: Practice regularly with the previous year’s question papers, sample papers, and mock tests. This will help you become familiar with the exam pattern, improve your time management skills, and identify areas where you need to focus more.
- Revision Time: Allocate sufficient time for revision before the exam. Revision is essential to reinforce your understanding of concepts and to ensure you retain the information you have learned.
Result of HTET TGT
The Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test (HTET) TGT exam results are notified by the Board of School Education Haryana (BSEH) through their official website. After conducting the HTET TGT examination, BSEH undertakes the process of evaluating the answer sheets of the candidates. Once the evaluation is completed, the board prepares the results.
To notify the HTET TGT exam result, BSEH publishes an official notification on their website, stating the date and time of the result declaration. Candidates can visit the BSEH website and access the result section to check their individual results. They are required to enter their roll number or registration number to obtain their result.
BSEH also provides information through other media channels such as newspapers or press releases. It is advisable for candidates to regularly check the official website and stay updated with any announcements made by the board regarding the HTET TGT exam result.
Download HTET TGT Previous Year Solved Question Paper
To Download the file Click on the Ads Below
FAQs – HTET TGT Exam
Who is eligible to apply for the HTET TGT exam?
Candidates who have a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject along with a B.Ed. degree, are eligible to apply for the HTET TGT exam.
Can I apply for multiple levels (PRT, TGT, PGT) of HTET?
Yes, candidates can apply for multiple levels of HTET, such as Primary Teacher (PRT), Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT), and Post Graduate Teacher (PGT), based on their eligibility and educational qualifications.
Is there any negative marking in the HTET TGT exam?
There is no negative marking in the HTET TGT exam.
What qualification is required for HTET TGT Exam?
The qualification required for this exam is Graduation and B. Ed.