Everything About IDBI Executive Exam from Basics – exam pattern, syllabus, job profile, career growth, number of vacancies out, starting salary, preparation strategy, best books, courses, and test series, admit card, result, previous year cut-off analysis, and duration of preparation.
Table of Contents
IDBI Executive Exam Overview
|Name of Examination||IDBI Executive|
|Full-Form of IDBI Executive||Industrial Development Bank of India Executive|
|Exam Organised Body||Industrial Development Bank of India|
|Salary||₹29,000 – ₹34000|
|Vacancy Notification||every year|
|Notification release month||February – March|
|Qualification||graduation (Minimum Qualification)|
|Age Limit||20 years – 25 years|
|Application Fee||₹1000/- for GEN/OBC/EWS|
₹200/- for SC/ST/PH/Female
|Selection Process||Online Test, Document Verification, |
Clear Your Concepts
|⟫ All Government Exams|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Notes|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Syllabus|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
About IDBI Executive Exam
The IDBI Executive exam is a recruitment examination conducted by the Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI) to fill the Executive positions within the bank. It is a national-level exam that evaluates candidates for their aptitude in banking and administrative tasks. The exam assesses candidates’ knowledge in subjects such as reasoning ability, quantitative aptitude, English language, and general awareness. The selection process usually includes a written examination followed by a personal interview. The IDBI Executive exam provides an opportunity for candidates to join IDBI Bank and contribute to its operations and growth. It is important for aspiring candidates to stay updated with official notifications and prepare diligently to increase their chances of success.
Vacancy Notification for IDBI Executive Exam
The Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI) has released a vacancy notification for the IDBI Executive Exam 2023. A total of 1000+ vacancies are expected to be announced for the exam. The application process will be active tentatively from Feb to March 2023.
Number of Vacancies in IDBI Executive 2024
1000+ vacancies are expected to be announced and the application process will be active tentatively from February to March 2023. The number of vacancies announced for the IDBI Executive Examination varies from year to year and depends on the number of posts available in the various services for which the exam is conducted. The number of vacancies can also change during the course of the recruitment process due to various factors such as resignations, retirements, and other factors.
Job Profile after Selection in IDBI Executive Exam
After selection in the IDBI Executive Exam, candidates are appointed to the position of Executive in IDBI Bank. The job profile of an IDBI Executive typically involves the following responsibilities:
- Customer Service: Executives are responsible for providing efficient and effective customer service. This includes handling customer inquiries, addressing their concerns, and assisting them with various banking transactions.
- Account Handling: Executives are involved in managing customer accounts, including opening new accounts, processing account-related requests, and ensuring proper documentation.
- Cash Handling: Executives may be responsible for handling cash transactions, including cash deposits, withdrawals, and maintaining cash balances.
- Loan Processing: Executives may assist in processing loan applications, conducting credit evaluations, and ensuring adherence to loan policies and procedures.
- Administrative Tasks: Executives may be involved in various administrative tasks such as maintaining records, preparing reports, and assisting in day-to-day banking operations.
Best Courses & Test Series
Quality at Affordable Prices
IDBI Executive Post After Selection
After selection in the IDBI Executive exam, candidates are appointed to the position of Executive in IDBI Bank. As an Executive, their responsibilities include providing customer service, handling accounts, processing loans, and performing various administrative tasks. They are responsible for addressing customer inquiries, managing customer accounts, processing transactions, and assisting in day-to-day banking operations. The specific job profile and responsibilities may vary based on the bank’s policies and requirements. Selected candidates will receive detailed information about their roles and responsibilities upon joining IDBI Bank as an Executive.
The starting salary for an IDBI Executive
IDBI Executive salary 2023 The IDBI Executive salary for the first year is ₹ 29,000/- per month. The salary structure and pay scales for IDBI Bank employees, including Executives, are determined by the bank and are subject to periodic revisions. It is advisable to refer to the official notifications, circulars, or the official website of IDBI Bank for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the starting salary and pay structure for the Executive position after the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission.
Candidates who have been selected as IDBI Bank Executives can expect a competitive salary package along with other benefits and allowances as per the bank’s policies and guidelines.
Career growth in the IDBI Executive exam
The IDBI Executive exam is conducted by the Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI) for the recruitment of candidates for the post of Executive in the bank. The career growth prospects in IDBI Bank can be quite promising for candidates who join as Executives. Here are some possible avenues for career growth at IDBI Bank:
- Promotion to Assistant Manager: After joining as an Executive, candidates can be promoted to the position of Assistant Manager. The promotion is based on performance, experience, and eligibility criteria set by the bank.
- Managerial Positions: With experience and performance, Executives can climb up the managerial ladder in IDBI Bank. They can become Branch Managers, where they will be responsible for the overall functioning of a branch and managing a team of employees.
- Specialized Roles: IDBI Bank offers various specialized roles and departments such as Credit, Risk Management, Treasury, Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, etc. Executives can choose to specialize in a specific area and advance their careers accordingly.
- Senior Management: With dedication, experience, and continuous learning, Executives can aspire to reach senior management positions such as Deputy General Manager, General Manager, and even higher positions within the bank. These positions come with greater responsibilities and decision-making authority.
- Transfers and Deputations: IDBI Bank has a widespread presence across the country. Employees may have opportunities for transfers to different branches, regions, or even head offices. Additionally, the bank may also provide opportunities for deputations to other organizations or institutions, which can enhance career growth.
Selection Process For IDBI Executive Examination 2024
The IDBI Executive Exam is a competitive examination conducted by the Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI) to recruit candidates for the post of Executive in the bank. The selection procedure for the IDBI Executive Exam typically involves three stages:
- Online Test: The first stage of the selection process is an online test. This test consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and assesses the candidate’s knowledge in various areas such as reasoning ability, quantitative aptitude, English language, and general awareness. The online test is usually held for a duration of 90 minutes.
- Document Verification: Candidates who qualify for the online test are shortlisted for the next stage, which is document verification. In this stage, candidates are required to provide the necessary documents and certificates to validate their eligibility criteria, such as age, educational qualifications, and work experience.
- Medical Examination: After the document verification stage, candidates who clear the verification process are called for a medical examination. The purpose of the medical examination is to ensure that the candidates are physically and mentally fit to perform the duties of an Executive in IDBI.
It is important to note that the exact selection procedure for the IDBI Executive Exam may vary from year to year. Therefore, candidates are advised to refer to the official notification and information brochure provided by IDBI for the most accurate and up-to-date details regarding the selection process.
1. Online Test
The IDBI Executive exam includes an online test that assesses candidates’ knowledge in subjects such as reasoning ability, quantitative aptitude, English language, and general awareness. The test is conducted in a computer-based format and typically lasts around 90 minutes. The full mark of the exam is 150 and a 0.25 mark will be deducted for each question wrongly answered. There is no negative marking in case of unanswered questions. It consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and has a negative marking scheme for incorrect answers. The cut-off marks for the online test vary each year, and candidates must score above the cut-off to qualify for further stages of the selection process.
2. Document Verification
Document Verification in the IDBI Executive exam is a stage where candidates’ original documents and certificates are verified to ensure their eligibility for the position. Candidates must present the required documents for verification, including proof of age, educational qualifications, work experience, and category (if applicable).
3. Medical Examination
The Medical Examination in the IDBI Executive exam assesses candidates’ physical and mental fitness for the Executive position. It includes comprehensive medical assessments, tests, and evaluations conducted by authorized medical professionals. Candidates who meet the fitness criteria receive a medical certificate indicating their suitability for the role.
Exam pattern of IDBI Executive
|Paper||No of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||50||50||1 Hour 30 minutes|
The IDBI Executive Exam is conducted online and generally follows the following pattern:
- Sections: Reasoning Ability, English Language, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Question Format: Multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Number of Questions: Approximately 150 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer carries one mark. There may be a penalty (usually 0.25) for incorrect answers.
- Exam Duration: Around 90 to 120 minutes.
- Syllabus: Reasoning, English language, and quantitative aptitude topics are covered.
Please note that specific details may vary, and it is advisable to refer to the official IDBI website or exam notification for precise and updated information on the exam pattern.
Document verification in the IDBI Executive exam ensures the authenticity and eligibility of candidates. It involves verifying their identity, educational qualifications, age, category (if applicable), and other relevant details. Candidates must provide the necessary original documents along with photocopies for verification.
The medical examination is a mandatory step in the IDBI Executive exam to assess the physical fitness of candidates. It includes a comprehensive assessment of the candidate’s health and medical history. The purpose of the medical examination is to ensure that candidates are medically fit to perform the duties associated with the Executive position. The exact medical examination process and requirements may be provided by IDBI Bank through its official notification or communication channels. Candidates must follow the instructions and guidelines provided by the bank regarding the medical examination.
Preparation strategy for IDBI Executive exam
Preparing for the IDBI Executive exam requires a systematic and focused approach. Here is a preparation strategy that can help you:
- Understand the Exam Pattern: Begin by familiarizing yourself with the exam pattern, including the number of sections, mark distribution, and exam duration. This will give you an overview of what to expect and help you plan your preparation accordingly.
- Syllabus Analysis: Thoroughly go through the official syllabus provided by IDBI Bank. Identify the topics and subjects that you need to cover for each section of the exam. This will help you create a study plan and allocate time to each subject based on its importance and your proficiency level.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a comprehensive study plan that includes a daily or weekly schedule. Allocate specific time slots for each subject and prioritize topics based on their weightage in the exam. Ensure that your study plan is realistic and allows for regular revision.
- Study Material: Gather high-quality study materials, including textbooks, reference books, online resources, and previous years’ question papers. Choose reliable sources that cover the entire syllabus and provide in-depth explanations and practice exercises.
- Concept Clarity and Practice: Focus on building a strong foundation in each subject by understanding the fundamental concepts. Practice solving a wide range of questions to improve your speed and accuracy. Solve previous years’ question papers and take mock tests to simulate the exam environment and assess your progress.
- Time Management: Develop effective time management skills to complete the exam within the given time limit. Practice solving questions under timed conditions to improve your speed and efficiency. Identify time-consuming sections or topics and work on strategies to manage them effectively.
- Revision: Regularly revise the topics you have covered to reinforce your understanding and retention. Create concise notes or flashcards for quick revision. Allocate dedicated time slots for revision in your study plan to ensure you don’t miss out on important topics.
- Stay Updated: Keep yourself updated with current affairs, banking and financial news, and the latest developments in the banking sector. Read newspapers, follow relevant websites, and watch news channels to stay informed about the latest happenings.
- Mock Tests and Analysis: Take regular mock tests to assess your progress and identify your strengths and weaknesses. Analyze your performance in each test to understand areas that need improvement. Focus on improving your weak areas and work on test-taking strategies.
- Stay Motivated and Healthy: Maintain a positive mindset throughout your preparation journey. Take regular breaks, engage in physical exercise, and get sufficient rest to stay mentally and physically fit. Seek support from family and friends to stay motivated and focused.
Remember, consistency, discipline, and dedication are key to success in any competitive exam. Good luck with your IDBI Executive exam preparation!
Best Books for IDBI Executive
While there are several good books available for preparing for the IDBI Executive exam, it’s important to note that the selection of books may vary based on individual preferences and learning styles. Here are some popular books that candidates often refer to for their preparation:
- “Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations” by R.S. Aggarwal
- “Reasoning Ability” by R.S. Aggarwal
- “English Language” by Wren & Martin
- “Objective General English” by S.P. Bakshi
- “Banking Awareness” by Arihant Publications
- “General Knowledge” by Lucent’s Publications
- “Computer Awareness” by Arihant Publications
- “Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency” by Kiran Publication
- “IDBI Bank Executive Recruitment Exam Guide” by Disha Publications
- “IDBI Bank Executive Recruitment Exam Practice Work Book” by Kiran Prakashan
It’s important to note that these books are suggestions, and you may choose the ones that align with your learning style and cover the required syllabus. Additionally, make sure to refer to the latest editions of these books and supplement your preparation with online resources, previous years’ question papers, and mock tests for a comprehensive study approach.
Test series for IDBI Executive exam
Nishant eAcademy offers a comprehensive test series for the IDBI Executive Examination that can help you evaluate your preparation and identify your strengths and weaknesses. The test series is designed by experts and covers all the important topics and subjects of the IDBI Executive syllabus. The tests are structured to mimic the actual exam pattern, and taking them can help you build exam temperament and manage time effectively. The test series is available online, and you can take the tests from the comfort of your home. The detailed performance analysis and feedback provided after each test can help you improve your performance and increase your chances of success in the IDBI Executive exam. I highly recommend Nishant eAcademy Test Series for the IDBI Executive exam to all aspirants who are serious about cracking the exam.
Duration of Preparation for the IDBI Executive Exam
The duration of preparation for the IDBI Executive exam can vary depending on several factors, including the candidate’s prior knowledge, familiarity with the exam pattern and syllabus, study schedule, and the amount of time one can dedicate to studying each day.
On average, candidates typically spend around 2-4 months preparing for the IDBI Executive exam. This time frame allows for comprehensive coverage of the syllabus, regular practice, and revision. However, some candidates may require more or less time based on their individual circumstances.
It’s important to create a realistic study plan and allocate sufficient time each day for studying, practicing questions, and revising. Regular and consistent effort, along with effective time management, can help candidates achieve their desired level of preparation within the given time frame.
Result of IDBI Executive
The IDBI Executive result is the outcome of the selection process for the IDBI Executive exam. After conducting the exam, IDBI Bank evaluates the performance of the candidates and prepares a merit list based on their scores. The result is typically published on the official website of IDBI Bank.
The IDBI Executive result includes the names or roll numbers of the candidates who have qualified for further stages of the selection process, such as document verification and medical examination. It is important to note that the result is declared in stages, and candidates may need to clear each stage to proceed to the next.
To check the IDBI Executive result, candidates need to visit the official website of IDBI Bank and look for the result notification. They can download the result or check their individual result status by entering their roll number or registration details as required.
It is advisable for candidates to regularly check the official website or other communication channels of IDBI Bank for updates on the result declaration and related information.
Download IDBI Executive Previous year Solved Question Paper
FAQs – IDBI Executive Exam
How to prepare for the IDBI executive exam without coaching?
Preparing for the IDBI Executive exam without coaching is definitely possible with a disciplined and structured approach. Here are some steps you can follow to prepare effectively:
1. Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Start by thoroughly understanding the exam pattern and syllabus provided by IDBI Bank. It will give you a clear idea of the sections, topics, and weightage of each subject in the exam.
2. Create a Study Plan: Develop a comprehensive study plan that includes daily or weekly targets. Allocate dedicated time slots for each subject and topic based on their importance and your proficiency level. Ensure your study plan is realistic and flexible enough to accommodate unforeseen circumstances.
3. Gather Study Material: Collect high-quality study materials such as textbooks, reference books, online resources, and previous years’ question papers. Choose reliable sources that cover the entire syllabus and provide in-depth explanations and practice exercises.
4. Conceptual Clarity and Practice: Focus on building a strong foundation in each subject by understanding the fundamental concepts. Use study materials, online tutorials, and video lectures to grasp the topics. Practice solving a variety of questions and work on improving your speed and accuracy.
5. Mock Tests and Previous Years’ Papers: Take advantage of mock tests and previous years’ question papers available online or in books. These will help you get familiar with the exam format, assess your progress, and identify areas that need improvement. Analyze your performance in each test and identify weak areas for further focus.
6. Self-Evaluation and Revision: Regularly evaluate your progress by reviewing your performance in practice tests and identifying areas that require more attention. Revise the topics you have covered to reinforce your understanding. Create concise notes or flashcards for quick revision.
7. Current Affairs and General Knowledge: Stay updated with current affairs, banking and financial news, and general knowledge. Read newspapers, follow relevant websites, and watch news channels to stay informed about the latest happenings. This knowledge is essential for the General Awareness section of the exam.
8. Join Online Study Groups or Forums: Engage with online study groups, forums, or social media communities dedicated to the IDBI Executive exam. Discussing questions, sharing study resources, and seeking guidance from fellow aspirants can be helpful and motivating.
9. Time Management and Discipline: Develop effective time management skills to allocate ample time to each subject. Create a study routine and stick to it diligently. Avoid distractions and maintain focus during study hours.
10. Stay Motivated and Take Breaks: Stay motivated throughout your preparation journey. Set realistic goals, reward yourself for achieving them, and maintain a positive mindset. Take regular breaks, engage in physical exercise, and get sufficient rest to stay mentally and physically refreshed.
Remember, self-discipline, consistency, and dedication are key to success. While coaching can provide guidance and structure, self-study with the right resources and a focused approach can also lead to a successful outcome in the IDBI Executive exam.
How to start IDBI executive exam preparation?
To start your IDBI Executive exam preparation, follow these steps:
1. Understand the Exam: Familiarize yourself with the IDBI Executive exam pattern, marking scheme, and syllabus. Understand the sections, topics, and their weightage in the exam.
2. Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that includes a timetable with specific time slots allocated for each subject and topic. Ensure you have sufficient time for study, practice, and revision. Make the plan realistic and flexible to accommodate any unforeseen circumstances.
3. Gather Study Material: Collect relevant study materials such as textbooks, reference books, online resources, and previous years’ question papers. Choose reliable sources that cover the entire syllabus and provide comprehensive explanations and practice exercises.
4. Start with the Basics: Begin your preparation by understanding the basic concepts of each subject. Clear any fundamental doubts and build a strong foundation in subjects like Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English Language, and General Awareness.
5. Follow a Structured Approach: Study each subject systematically and cover all the topics in the syllabus. Take one topic at a time, understand the concepts, and practice related questions.
6. Practice Questions: Regularly practice questions to improve your problem-solving skills and speed. Solve a variety of questions to cover different difficulty levels and types. Focus on practicing previous years’ question papers and mock tests to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern.
7. Revise Regularly: Set aside dedicated time for regular revision. Review the topics you have studied to reinforce your understanding. Make concise notes or flashcards for quick revision.
8. Mock Tests and Analysis: Take mock tests to assess your progress and identify your strengths and weaknesses. Analyze your performance in each test, identify areas that need improvement, and work on them. Practice time management during mock tests to improve your speed.
9. Stay Updated: Keep yourself updated with current affairs, banking and financial news, and general knowledge. Read newspapers, follow relevant websites, and watch news channels to stay informed about the latest developments.
10. Stay Motivated: Stay motivated throughout your preparation journey. Set goals, reward yourself for achieving them, and maintain a positive mindset. Surround yourself with a supportive study group or study partner to stay motivated and accountable.
Remember, starting early and being consistent in your preparation will help you build a strong foundation and increase your chances of success in the IDBI Executive exam.