FSSAI Role Function and Initiative – is the most important topic as per FSSAI Exam 2021 syllabus. in this post, I am providing “A General Understanding of FSSAI Role, Functions and Initiatives” detailed Notes and this is the Next chapter –Jaivik Bharat
Jaivik Bharat is an initiative of FSSAI for the welfare of the Indian people and to promote food safety and security. with the initiative of Jaivik Bharat, the Indian Government wants to promote Organic food and ensure consumers of the genuineness of Organic food products.
Introduction of Jaivik Bharat
With the increase in the production and demand for Organic products, the authenticity and genuineness of the product become a matter of concern.
Considering this situation, the Food Safety and standards authority of India (FSSAI) in 2017 launched the food safety and standards (Organic Food) Regulations 2017, along with the “Jaivik Bharat” logo and the Indian Organic Integrity Database Portal.
Jaivik Bharat Logo
- It is a symbol of authenticity and trust, a unified logo for organic foods.
- the green leaf represents the nature.
- the circle represents holistic wellness at a global platform while symbolizing organic food.
- the green colour symbolizes environment, agriculture, sustainability and healthy life.
- The tick mark formed with the second leaf represents that the FSSAI has certified the product as organic.
Free Jobs & Exams Preparation
Updates || Videos || Solved Papers
What is Organic Food under Jaivik Bharat
Organic foods are products of holistic agricultural practices focusing on biodiversity, soil health, chemical-free inputs, etc. with an environmentally and socially responsible approach that has been produced in accordance with organic production standards.
Food Safety and Standards (Organic Foods) Regulations 2017
- “Food Safety and Standards (Organic Foods) Regulations 2017” is to ensure the genuineness of food products labelled as organic. It covers the labelling, transport, storage, distribution, retail of NPOP or PGS certified organic food.
- All foods offered or promoted for sale as “Organic Food” to comply with any of the requirements of:
- National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP)
- Participatory Guarantee System for India (PGS-India)
- Direct sales of organic food by the small original producer or producer organisation to the end consumer are exempt from verification of compliance.
- Organic Food Label to have a certification mark of PGS-India or NPOP along with FSSAI Logo with License No.
- Retailers display organic foods distinguishable from conventional foods.
Indian Organic Integrity Database
- It helps the consumer to verify the authenticity of organic foods.
- Through this portal, consumers can access all information with respect to the producer, the certification system and the availability of certified organic products in specific markets.
National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP)
- it is launched in 2001 for the systematic development of the organic agriculture sector in India.
- NPOP is managed by APEDA under the ministry of commerce and industry. (APEDA – the agricultural and processed food products export development authority – estd in 1986)
- NPOP is the mainstay for quality assurance for organic agriculture products in India operated through 28 accredited certification bodies.
- The NPOP standards for production and accreditation system have been recognized by European Commission and Switzerland for unprocessed plant products as equivalent to their country standards. With these recognitions, Indian organic products duly certified by the accredited certification bodies of India are accepted by the importing countries.
Participatory Guarantee System (PGS)
- PGS-India (Participatory Guarantee System of India) is a quality assurance initiative that is locally relevant, emphasize the participation of stakeholders, including producers and consumers and operate outside the frame of third-party certification.
- PGS-INDIA covers standards for crop production, animal production, food processing, handling and storage etc.
- PGS-INDIA Programme was launched in 2011 by the ministry of agriculture and farmers welfare with the national center of organic farming as its secretariat.
- four Pillars of PGS are Participation, Shared Vision, Transparency and Trust.
- PGS-INDIA is a locally applicable quality assurance system for grower group certification, implemented together by a locally known small group of farmers, traders and consumers under the supervision of regional councils.
FSSAI Role Function and Initiatives Premium Course
FREE Notes are always awesome. Good Notes really help students to boost their preparation. Though Premium Courses are more relevant, time saver and designed in such a way that you can crack your exam with ease and confidence.
- Chapter-Wise Video Classes, Practice Tests and PDF-Notes
- Previous year questions
- Doubt Batch
- 100% Exam-Oriented
- Price –
- Get this Course in only ₹380 – use COUPON CODE: FSSAI2021
FSSAI Role Function and Initiatives complete notes
This book contains all the topics mentioned in FSSAI EXAM 2021 and is 100% Exam oriented. After Payment, please check your registered mail for receipt. After 60 minutes of payment, you will get the Download button in your mail to download the pdf but if you face any trouble, please contact us through our WhatsApp.