Everything About KVS PGT Exam from Basics – exam pattern, syllabus, job profile, career growth, number of vacancies out, starting salary, preparation strategy, best books, courses, and test series, admit card, result, previous year cut-off analysis, and duration of preparation.
Table of Contents
KVS PGT Exam Overview
|Name of Examination||KVS PGT|
|Full-Form of KVS PGT||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Post Graduate Teacher exam.|
|Exam Organised Body||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|Vacancy Notification||Every year|
|Notification release month||December-March|
|Age Limit||The maximum age limit for the KVS PGT exam is 40 years.|
|Selection Process||Written test, Demo Teaching, and Interview|
Clear Your Concepts
|⟫ All Government Exams|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Notes|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Syllabus|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
About KVS PGT Exam
The KVS PGT exam is an important recruitment examination conducted by the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) in India. It is held to select eligible candidates for the position of Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) in Kendriya Vidyalayas, which are central government schools spread across the country. The exam assesses the candidates’ knowledge and proficiency in their respective subjects, teaching aptitude, and general awareness. Qualified candidates who pass the exam are appointed as PGTs in Kendriya Vidyalayas, contributing to the education and development of students in these institutions.
Vacancy Notification for KVS PGT Exam
The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) has released notifications for various vacancies, including post-graduate teacher (PGT) positions, at different times throughout the year. The timing of these notifications can vary from year to year and depends on factors such as organizational requirements, staffing needs, and administrative considerations. The average month, when KVS is notified of KVS PGT vacancy, is between December to March. This is only the average month the exact month may differ each year.
Number of Vacancies in KVS PGT 2023
The average number of vacancies for the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) post can vary from year to year and depend on various factors such as organizational requirements, retirements, expansions, and budgetary allocations. The average number varies between 1000-1500. This is the average month only, It is important to note that the number of vacancies is not always the same for every year. The exact number of vacancies can fluctuate every year.
Job Profile after Selection in KVS PGT Exam
After being selected in the KVS PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) exam, the job profile typically includes the following responsibilities:
- Teaching: The primary responsibility of a KVS PGT is to teach students in the respective subject they have been appointed for. PGTs are expected to have a deep knowledge of their subject and deliver effective classroom instruction.
- Lesson Planning: PGTs are responsible for planning and preparing lessons based on the prescribed curriculum and syllabus. They need to create lesson plans that align with the learning objectives and engage students effectively.
- Classroom Management: Maintaining discipline and managing the classroom environment is an important aspect of the job. PGTs need to ensure that students are attentive, well-behaved, and actively participating in the learning process.
- Assessments and Grading: PGTs are responsible for assessing students’ progress and performance through various methods such as tests, assignments, projects, and examinations. They need to provide timely and constructive feedback to students and assign grades accordingly.
- Student Guidance and Counseling: PGTs may also provide guidance and counseling to students, helping them with academic and personal issues. They can offer support, motivation, and advice to help students achieve their goals.
- Participation in School Activities: KVS PGTs are often expected to actively participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities, including sports events, cultural programs, field trips, and other school-related events.
It’s important to note that the exact job profile may vary based on the specific subject, grade level, and school requirements.
Best Courses & Test Series
Quality at Affordable Prices
KVS PGT Post after Selection
After selection for the KVS PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) post, the responsibilities primarily revolve around teaching the respective subject at the higher secondary level or specific subjects in Classes VI to X. This entails designing lesson plans, delivering effective classroom instruction, assessing student progress, and assigning grades. PGTs engage in classroom management, student guidance and counseling, and active participation in co-curricular activities. It is essential for PGTs to have in-depth subject knowledge, maintain discipline, provide guidance to students, and contribute to the overall development of the school and its students.
Starting salary for the KVS PGT
The starting salary of a KVS PGT post after the 7th pay commission is between ₹9300-₹34800. This is the basic pay, and it is subject to an additional allowance like Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, and Transport Allowance. The starting salary of a Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) in Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) after the 7th Pay Commission can vary based on several factors, including the location of the school and the pay scale.
Career growth in KVS PGT exam
In the KVS system, the career growth for a PGT primarily involves promotions within the teaching cadre. Here is the typical career progression for a PGT in KVS:
- PGT: As a PGT, you start your career as a subject teacher in the Kendriya Vidyalayas, teaching students at the senior secondary level.
- Senior PGT: After a few years of service as a PGT, eligible and deserving candidates may be promoted to the position of Senior PGT. Senior PGTs often take up additional responsibilities such as mentoring junior teachers, coordinating department activities, and contributing to curriculum development.
- Head of Department (HOD): Exceptionally experienced and competent Senior PGTs may be appointed as Heads of Department in their respective subject areas. As a HOD, you will lead and manage the subject department, oversee the curriculum, and coordinate with other faculty members.
- Principal: In the KVS system, teachers can aspire to become Principals after gaining substantial experience and fulfilling the eligibility criteria. Principals hold administrative and academic leadership positions, overseeing the entire school’s functioning, implementing policies, and ensuring the overall development of students and staff.
It’s important to note that career growth opportunities and promotions may depend on factors such as vacancies, seniority, performance, and educational qualifications.
Selection Process For KVS PGT Examination 2023
The selection process for the KVS PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) examination involves three stages. Here is a general outline of the selection process:
- Written test: The total mark for the written test is 180 each question carrying 1 mark. And the duration of the exam is 3 hours. Negative marking is not applicable on this exam. It is recommended to thoroughly prepare and understand the exam syllabus, pattern, and previous year’s question papers to improve your chances of scoring well in the KVS PGT written test. In this exam, the subjects contain General English, General Hindi, Current Affairs & General Awareness, Reasoning Ability, Computer Literacy, Perspectives on Education and Leadership, and Subject Concerned.
- Demo Teaching: The Demo Teaching round in the KVS PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) Exam is a crucial stage where candidates are required to showcase their teaching abilities and skills. It typically involves presenting a lesson or topic in front of a panel of evaluators. It is essential to demonstrate strong subject knowledge, clarity of communication, classroom management skills, and the ability to adapt to different learning styles. Adequate preparation, confidence, and a well-structured presentation are key to succeeding in the Demo Teaching round.
- Interview: The interview round in the KVS PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) Exam is an important step in the selection process. It aims to assess the candidate’s suitability for the teaching position. Important aspects to focus on include demonstrating a strong understanding of the subject, effective communication skills, clarity of thought, and the ability to handle questions related to teaching methodology, classroom management, and educational policies. It is important to be well-prepared by revising the subject matter, staying updated on current educational trends, and practicing mock interviews.
Exam pattern of KVS PGT
|Exam||Paper||No of Questions||Total Marks|
|Part-II||Current Affairs & General Awareness,||10||10|
|Part-III||Perspectives on Education and Leadership,||40||40|
The total mark for the written test is 180 each question carrying 1 mark. Negative marking is not applicable on this exam. And the duration of the exam is 3 hours. In this exam, the subjects contain General English, General Hindi, Current Affairs & General Awareness, Reasoning Ability, Computer Literacy, Perspectives on Education and Leadership, and Subject Concerned.
Preparation strategy for the KVS PGT exam
Preparing for the KVS PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) Exam requires a systematic and focused approach. Here is a preparation strategy to help you get started:
- Understand the Syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the exam syllabus to know the topics and subjects you need to cover.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that allocates sufficient time for each subject and topic. Set realistic goals and create a timetable to ensure effective time management.
- Study Material: Gather relevant study material, including textbooks, reference books, previous year’s question papers, and online resources. Use reputable sources to ensure accurate and up-to-date content.
- Subject Knowledge: Strengthen your subject knowledge by thoroughly understanding the concepts and theories. Focus on your specialization area and cover all important topics.
- Mock Tests and Practice Papers: Take regular mock tests and solve the previous year’s question papers to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and time management.
- Revision and Notes: Regularly revise the topics you have studied. Create concise notes that capture important points, formulas, and key concepts for quick revision.
- Stay Updated: Keep up with current affairs, educational policies, and advancements in the field of education. Read newspapers, magazines, and educational websites to stay informed.
- Time Management: Practice effective time management during the exam. Solve questions within the allotted time, focusing on accuracy and speed.
- Practice Demo Teaching: Prepare and practice delivering demo teaching sessions to enhance your teaching skills and confidence. Seek feedback from peers or mentors to improve your presentation.
- Stay Positive and Healthy: Maintain a positive mindset throughout the preparation process. Take breaks, exercise, eat well, and get sufficient rest to stay mentally and physically fit.
Best Books for KVS PGT
Here are some recommended books for the KVS PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) exam preparation:
- “KVS PGT Computer Science Guide” by RPH Editorial Board
- “KVS PGT Mathematics Guide” by Arihant Experts
- “KVS PGT English Guide” by Arihant Experts
- “KVS PGT Commerce Guide” by Arihant Experts
- “KVS PGT Economics Guide” by Arihant Experts
- “KVS PGT Physics Guide” by Arihant Experts
- “KVS PGT Chemistry Guide” by Arihant Experts
- “KVS PGT Biology Guide” by Arihant Experts
- “KVS PGT History Guide” by Arihant Experts
- “KVS PGT Geography Guide” by Arihant Experts
These books are known for their comprehensive coverage of the exam syllabus, practice questions, previous year’s papers, and clear explanations of concepts. Make sure to choose the books based on your specific subject or specialization.
Test series for KVS PGT Exam
Nishant eAcademy offers a comprehensive test series for the KVS PGT Examination that can help you evaluate your preparation and identify your strengths and weaknesses. The test series is designed by experts and covers all the important topics and subjects of the KVS PGT syllabus. The tests are structured to mimic the actual exam pattern, and taking them can help you build exam temperament and manage time effectively. The test series is available online, and you can take the tests from the comfort of your home. The detailed performance analysis and feedback provided after each test can help you improve your performance and increase your chances of success in the KVS PGT exam. I highly recommend Nishant eAcademy Test Series for the KVS PGT exam to all aspirants who are serious about cracking the exam.
Duration of Preparation for KVS PGT Exam
The duration of preparation for the KVS PGT exam can vary depending on several factors, including your prior knowledge, study schedule, and the amount of time you can dedicate to studying each day. Generally, it is advisable to allocate a substantial amount of time for preparation to ensure a thorough understanding of the exam syllabus and ample practice.
Considering the vast syllabus and the level of competition, a dedicated preparation period of 4 to 6 months is advised. This duration allows for a systematic approach to cover all the subjects and topics included in the syllabus. During this period, candidates can allocate specific time slots for each subject, focusing on understanding the concepts, revising important topics, and practicing sample questions. It is important to have a well-structured study plan that includes regular study sessions, revision periods, and mock tests to gauge your progress.
Result of KVS PGT
The result of the KVS PGT exam is typically declared online on the official website of the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. Candidates can check their results by entering their registration number or roll number and other required details. The result includes the candidate’s score and their qualifying status.
Once the results are announced, candidates who have qualified in the exam become eligible for further selection rounds, which include Demo Teaching and interviews. Final selection is based on the candidate’s performance in all the selection stages.
Candidates who successfully clear all the stages of the selection process are offered teaching positions as PGTs in various subjects in Kendriya Vidyalayas, which are prestigious institutions under the Ministry of Education, Government of India. The KVS PGT exam result plays a crucial role in determining the career prospects of aspiring teachers.
Download KVS PGT Previous Year Solved Question Paper
To Download the file Click on the Ads Below
FAQs – KVS PGT Exam
How to prepare for the KVS PGT exam without coaching?
Preparing for the KVS PGT exam without coaching is certainly possible. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you prepare effectively:
1. Understand the Exam Pattern: Start by familiarizing yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus of the KVS PGT exam. This will give you a clear idea of the subjects, topics, and weightage of each section.
2. Create a Study Plan: Develop a structured study plan that outlines your daily, weekly, and monthly study goals. Allocate specific time slots for each subject and topic, ensuring proper coverage of the entire syllabus.
3. Gather Study Material: Collect relevant study materials such as textbooks, reference books, previous year’s question papers, and online resources. Make sure to refer to the official KVS PGT syllabus and recommended books for accurate and comprehensive preparation.
4. Understand the Syllabus: Go through the syllabus thoroughly and make a list of all the topics. Prioritize them based on their weightage and your comfort level. Start with topics you find challenging and allocate more time to them.
5. Study Subject-wise: Divide your study time according to the subjects included in the exam subjects. Focus on one subject at a time, ensuring a deep understanding of the concepts and theories.
6. Take Notes: While studying, take concise and organized notes. Summarize important points, formulas, and key concepts for quick revision. This practice will help you retain information effectively.
7. Practice Previous Year Question Papers: Solve previous year’s question papers and sample papers to get acquainted with the exam pattern and the types of questions asked. This will also help you identify your weak areas and work on improving them.
8. Mock Tests: Take regular mock tests to assess your preparation level and identify areas that require further improvement. Analyze your performance and work on time management skills to enhance your efficiency during the actual exam.
9. Revision: Dedicate ample time for regular revision. Revise the important topics, formulas, and concepts frequently to reinforce your understanding.
10. Stay Updated: Stay updated with current affairs, educational policies, and developments in the field of education. Read newspapers, magazines, and online resources to enhance your general awareness.
11. Stay Motivated and Healthy: Maintain a positive attitude throughout your preparation journey. Take breaks, engage in physical activities, and ensure adequate sleep and a healthy diet to stay mentally and physically fit.
Remember, self-discipline, consistency, and perseverance are key when preparing for any competitive exam. With dedicated efforts and a strategic approach, you can succeed in the KVS PGT exam even without coaching.
How to start KVS PGT preparation?
To start your KVS PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) exam preparation, follow these steps:
1. Make a Study Plan: Create a study plan that suits your schedule and preferences. Divide your study time based on the subjects and topics included in the syllabus. Allocate sufficient time for each subject and topic, focusing on areas where you need more practice and understanding.
2. Start with Familiar Topics: Begin your preparation by studying topics you are already familiar with. This will help build confidence and momentum. Review the basic concepts and revise any relevant material you already have.
3. Study in a Structured Manner: Follow a systematic approach to cover the entire syllabus. Break down each subject into smaller topics and study them one by one. Take notes while studying to consolidate your understanding.
4. Solve Previous Year Question Papers: Solve previous year’s question papers and sample papers to get acquainted with the exam pattern and types of questions asked. This will help you understand the level of difficulty, identify important topics, and improve your time management skills.
5. Refer to Standard Study Materials: Use recommended textbooks and study materials to gain a comprehensive understanding of each subject. These resources are designed to cover the relevant topics and provide in-depth knowledge.
6. Practice Regularly: Practice is crucial for exam preparation. Solve practice questions, quizzes, and online mock tests to enhance your understanding and improve your problem-solving skills.
7. Gather Study Materials: Collect the necessary study materials such as textbooks, reference books, previous year’s question papers, and online resources. Ensure that you have the official KVS PGT syllabus and recommended books for accurate and comprehensive preparation.
8. Focus on Conceptual Understanding: Instead of rote learning, focus on understanding the concepts and principles behind each topic. This will enable you to apply your knowledge to different scenarios and answer questions more effectively.
9. Revise Regularly: Set aside time for regular revision. Review the topics you have studied to reinforce your understanding and retain information in the long term. Create summaries, flashcards, or mind maps to aid in quick revision.
10. Stay Updated with Current Affairs: Stay updated with current affairs, especially in the field of education. Read newspapers, magazines, and online resources to enhance your general awareness. This will help you answer questions related to current events and educational developments.
11. Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern, marking scheme, and syllabus of the KVS PGT exam. This will give you a clear idea of the subjects, topics, and weightage of each section.
12. Join Online Study Groups: Participate in online study groups, forums, or social media communities dedicated to KVS PGT exam preparation. Interact with fellow aspirants, share study resources, discuss important topics, and clarify doubts. Collaborating with others can provide valuable insights and support.
Remember to maintain a positive attitude, stay disciplined, and be consistent in your preparation. With proper planning, dedication, and perseverance, you can start your KVS PGT exam preparation on the right track.