Everything About KVS TGT Exam from Basics – exam pattern, syllabus, job profile, career growth, number of vacancies out, starting salary, preparation strategy, best books, courses, and test series, admit card, result, previous year cut-off analysis, and duration of preparation.
Table of Contents
KVS TGT Exam Overview
|Name of Examination||KVS TGT|
|Full-Form of KVS TGT||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan trained graduate teachers|
|Exam Organised Body||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|Vacancy Notification||Every year|
|Notification release month||August-December|
|Qualification||graduation (Minimum Qualification) and B.Ed|
|Age Limit||21 years-35 years|
|Application Fee||₹1000/- for GEN/OBC/EWS|
₹650/- for SC/ST/PH/Female
|Selection Process||Written Exam, Demo Teaching, Interviews|
Clear Your Concepts
|⟫ All Government Exams|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Notes|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Syllabus|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
About KVS TGT Exam
The KVS TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) Exam is a competitive examination conducted by the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) in India. It is held to select eligible candidates for the position of TGT in various subjects such as English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, and other subjects. The exam aims to assess the knowledge, teaching abilities, and aptitude of candidates in their respective subjects.
It typically consists of multiple-choice questions, covering topics related to the subject concerned, general knowledge, and teaching methodology. Candidates who qualify for the written exam are further evaluated through an interview or a teaching demonstration to determine their suitability for the TGT position. The KVS TGT Exam provides an opportunity for aspiring teachers to join the prestigious Kendriya Vidyalaya system and contribute to the education sector in India.
Vacancy Notification for KVS TGT Exam
The average month, when KVS notifies vacancy of TGT, is between August-December. The notification months can differ from year to year and depend on various factors, including organizational requirements, recruitment schedules, and administrative decisions. This information is just an average to know more details regarding this you can visit the official website of KVS.
Number of Vacancies in KVS TGT 2023
The number of vacancies can differ from year to year, depending on the needs of the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. But the average number of vacancies for the KVS TGT exam is around 7,000. The number of vacancies at KVS TGT depends on several factors like recruitment schedules, administrative decisions, and organizational requirements. This is just an average to know more details regarding this you can visit the official website of KVS.
Job Profile after Selection in KVS TGT Exam
After being selected in the KVS TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam, candidates are appointed to the role of TGT in Kendriya Vidyalayas across the country. As a TGT, their primary responsibility is to teach students in classes VI to X. They deliver lessons, prepare and implement curriculum, conduct assessments, and provide academic support to students.
TGTs also play an essential role in the overall development of students by fostering a conducive learning environment and addressing their individual needs. Along with teaching, TGTs may engage in co-curricular activities, participate in school committees, and contribute to administrative tasks. They are expected to adhere to KVS guidelines and exhibit professionalism, subject expertise, and dedication in nurturing the academic growth and well-being of the students they serve.
Best Courses & Test Series
Quality at Affordable Prices
KVS TGT Post after Selection
After your selection in the KVS TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam, you will be appointed to the position of a TGT in the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. As a TGT, you will assume a crucial role in the education system and contribute to the academic growth and overall development of students.
Here are some important posts and responsibilities after selection in KVS TGTexam:
- Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT): This is your primary designation after selection. As a TGT, you will teach students at the secondary level (classes 6 to 10) in subjects related to your specialization. Your responsibility will include planning and delivering effective lessons, conducting assessments, and monitoring student progress.
- Subject Specialist: Based on your qualifications and expertise, you will be assigned a specific subject area in which you will specialize as a TGT. This could be English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, or any other subject offered by the school.
- Class Teacher: As a TGT, you may also be assigned the role of a class teacher for a specific class or group of students. In this capacity, you will take on additional responsibilities such as monitoring student attendance, maintaining discipline, and serving as a point of contact for students, parents, and school administration.
- Examination Coordinator: Depending on the requirements of the school, you may be entrusted with the responsibility of coordinating examinations for your assigned class or subject.
- Mentor or Guide: As an experienced TGT, you may have the opportunity to serve as a mentor or guide to junior teachers or student teachers. This role involves sharing your knowledge, experience, and best practices, and providing support and guidance to help them develop as effective educators.
- Curriculum Development: In some cases, TGTs may also be involved in curriculum development activities. This could include participating in subject-specific curriculum committees, reviewing and providing inputs on curriculum materials, and contributing to the design of instructional resources.
- Co-curricular Activities: TGTs are encouraged to actively participate in co-curricular activities, such as organizing cultural events, sports activities, and clubs. Your involvement in these activities can help create a well-rounded learning experience for students and foster their overall development.
It’s important to note that specific roles and responsibilities may vary depending on the school, subject specialization, and grade levels you are assigned to. As a TGT, your primary focus will be on teaching and supporting the academic progress of your students, while also engaging in other duties that contribute to the overall functioning of the school and the well-being of its students.
The starting salary for a KVS TGT
The starting salary of a KVS TGT after the 7th Pay Commission is Rs. 44,900 per month. This includes the various types of allowances like Basic Pay, Grade Pay, Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Transport Allowance (TA), and, Medical Allowance. The salary of a KVS TGT is also subject to other allowances, such as city compensatory allowance, special allowance, and hardship allowance.
The amount of these allowances varies depending on the location of the school and the nature of the work. For up-to-date information regarding the starting salary and benefits of KVS TGTs, it is recommended to refer to official sources such as the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan’s official website.
Career growth in KVS TGT exam
As a TGT in the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, you can expect various avenues for professional development and advancement in your teaching career. Here are some key aspects of career growth in the KVS TGT exam:
- Promotion: The KVS follows a hierarchical structure, and promotions are based on experience, performance, and fulfilling certain criteria. As a TGT, you can progress to higher positions such as Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) or Vice Principal. The promotion process involves assessments, interviews, and evaluations conducted by the KVS authorities.
- In-Service Training: The KVS provides opportunities for in-service training programs, workshops, and seminars to enhance the skills and knowledge of its teachers. These training sessions focus on various aspects such as pedagogy, subject-specific teaching methodologies, the use of technology in education, and professional development. Participating in such programs can contribute to your growth as an educator.
- Higher Education and Qualifications: Pursuing higher education and obtaining additional qualifications can also open up new career avenues in the KVS. You can consider pursuing a Master’s degree in your subject area or in Education (M.Ed.) to broaden your knowledge base and enhance your expertise.
- Administrative Roles: If you aspire to take on administrative roles, there are opportunities within the KVS. With experience and the required qualifications, you can apply for positions such as Vice Principal, Principal, or other administrative roles at the regional or central levels.
- Research and Publication: Engaging in research and publication activities can also contribute to your career growth. Conducting educational research, publishing articles in academic journals, or presenting papers at conferences can enhance your professional reputation and open up opportunities for collaboration and advancement.
- Awards and Recognition: The KVS recognizes and rewards outstanding teachers through various awards and accolades. These awards acknowledge exceptional performance, innovative teaching practices, and contributions to the field of education. Receiving such recognition can enhance your professional standing and provide additional growth opportunities.
It’s important to note that career growth in the KVS TGT exam depends on your dedication, continuous learning, performance, and commitment to professional development. Demonstrating excellence in your teaching, taking on additional responsibilities, and actively seeking opportunities for growth can significantly enhance your career prospects within the KVS.
Selection Process For KVS TGT Examination 2023
The selection process for the KVS TGT exam consists of 3 stages these are, Written Exam, Demo Teaching, and Interviews. In the KVS recruitment, 70% weightage to a written exam, 15% weightage is to demo teaching, and 15% weightage to Interviews.
- Written Exam: The written exam in the KVS TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) examination is an important stage of the selection process. It assesses candidates’ subject knowledge, teaching aptitude, reasoning ability, general awareness, and other subjects. The exam typically consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) or objective-type questions.
- Demo Teaching: Demo Teaching is a stage in the KVS TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) examination where candidates are required to give a demonstration of their teaching skills. It involves presenting a sample lesson to a panel of evaluators.
- Interviews: Interviews in the KVS TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) examination are conducted to assess candidates’ suitability for the teaching position. It is a stage where candidates interact with a panel of interviewers, which may include experienced educators, subject experts, and KVS officials.
1. Written Exam
The written exam in the KVS TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) examination is a crucial stage of the selection process. It assesses candidates’ subject knowledge, teaching aptitude, reasoning ability, and general awareness, and other subjects. The exam typically consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) or objective-type questions. The subjects covered in the written exam are specific to the subject area in which the candidate intends to teach, such as English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, etc. Clearing the written exam is a prerequisite to proceed to the next stages of the selection process, such as the interview.
2. Demo Teaching
Demo Teaching is a stage in the KVS TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) examination where candidates are required to give a demonstration of their teaching skills. It involves presenting a sample lesson to a panel of evaluators. The purpose of Demo Teaching is to assess candidates’ teaching methodology, classroom management, communication skills, and ability to engage and educate students effectively. It is an opportunity for candidates to showcase their teaching abilities and provide a practical demonstration of their teaching techniques.
Interviews in the KVS TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) examination are conducted to assess candidates’ suitability for the teaching position. It is a stage where candidates interact with a panel of interviewers, which may include experienced educators, subject experts, and KVS officials. The interview aims to evaluate candidates’ communication skills, teaching abilities, subject knowledge, and overall fit for the TGT role. It provides an opportunity for candidates to demonstrate their passion for teaching, showcase their expertise, and answer questions related to their teaching approach, classroom management, and educational philosophy.
Exam pattern of KVS TGT
|KVS TGT Exam||Subjects||No of Questions||Total Marks|
|Part- I||General English||10||10|
| Part- II||General Awareness & Current Affairs||10||10|
|Part- III||Perspectives on Education and Leadership||40||40|
|Part- IV||Subject Concerned||100||100|
KVS TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) examination is a crucial stage of the selection process. The full mark of the exam is 180 each number carries one mark there is no negative marking in KVS TGT Exam. This means that no marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.
Demo Teaching in the KVS TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam is a stage where candidates demonstrate their teaching skills. It involves presenting a sample lesson to an evaluation panel. Important aspects include thorough preparation, clear communication, effective lesson planning, engaging teaching methods, use of teaching aids, and assessment techniques. Candidates should focus on showcasing their teaching abilities, subject knowledge, creativity, and ability to create a conducive learning environment.
In the KVS TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam, the interview is an important stage where candidates are evaluated for their suitability for the teaching position. Important aspects include effective communication, subject knowledge, teaching methodology, classroom management, problem-solving skills, and awareness of educational issues. Candidates should showcase their passion for teaching, demonstrate their teaching approach, and provide thoughtful responses to interview questions.
Preparation strategy for KVS TGT exam
To prepare for the KVS TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam, you can follow a systematic and focused approach. Here is a suggested preparation strategy:
- Know the Exam Pattern: Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus of the KVS TGT exam. Understand the sections, marking scheme, and time allocation for each section. This will help you plan your preparation accordingly.
- Gather Study Materials: Collect relevant study materials such as textbooks, reference books, previous year question papers, and online resources. Ensure that your study materials cover all the topics mentioned in the syllabus.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that suits your schedule and preferences. Allocate sufficient time for each subject or topic based on its weightage and proficiency. Make sure to include regular revisions and mock tests in your plan.
- Mock Tests and Previous Year Papers: Take regular mock tests and solve previous year question papers to assess your preparation level. Analyze your performance and identify areas of improvement. This will help you get acquainted with the exam pattern and build your speed and accuracy.
- Time Management and Revision: Manage your time effectively during the exam. Practice solving questions within the given time limit. Allocate dedicated time for revision before the exam to reinforce your learning and boost your confidence.
- Stay Healthy and Positive: Along with studying, take care of your health. Get enough sleep, eat nutritious food, and exercise regularly. Stay positive, motivated, and confident throughout your preparation journey.
Remember, consistent and disciplined study, along with regular practice, is key to success in any competitive exam.
Best Books for KVS TGT
While there are several books available to prepare for the KVS TGT exam, here are some highly recommended ones:
- KVS TGT Guide (Hindi/English) by RPH Editorial Board: This comprehensive guide covers all the sections of the exam, including English, Hindi, General Knowledge, Reasoning Ability, and Teaching Methodology. It includes practice questions, previous year’s papers, and detailed explanations.
- KVS TGT PGT Exam Guide by Arihant Experts: This book provides subject-wise coverage and practice questions for the KVS TGT exam. It includes sections on English, Hindi, General Knowledge, Reasoning Ability, and concerned subjects like Mathematics, Science, Social Science, etc.
- KVS TGT Exam Guide (English) by Vidya Editorial Board: This guidebook is designed specifically for the KVS TGT exam and covers all the important topics. It includes theory, practice exercises, solved papers, and previous year’s questions.
- KVS TGT Mathematics by Arihant Experts: If you are preparing for the Mathematics section, this book is highly recommended. It covers all the relevant topics, concepts, and practice questions. It includes detailed explanations and solutions.
- KVS TGT Science by Pearson: For Science subjects, this book provides comprehensive coverage of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. It includes theory, illustrations, practice questions, and previous year’s papers.
- KVS TGT Social Science by Arihant Experts: This book focuses on Social Science subjects like History, Geography, Economics, and Political Science. It includes concept explanations, practice questions, and previous year’s papers.
Remember to choose books that are up to date with the latest syllabus and exam pattern. Apart from these books, you can also make use of online resources, mock tests, and previous year’s question papers to enhance your preparation for the KVS TGT exam.
Test series for KVS TGT exam
Nishant eAcademy offers a comprehensive test series for the KVS TGT Examination that can help you evaluate your preparation and identify your strengths and weaknesses. The test series is designed by experts and covers all the important topics and subjects of the KVS TGT syllabus. The tests are structured to mimic the actual exam pattern, and taking them can help you build exam temperament and manage time effectively. The test series is available online, and you can take the tests from the comfort of your home. The detailed performance analysis and feedback provided after each test can help you improve your performance and increase your chances of success in the KVS TGT exam. I highly recommend Nishant eAcademy Test Series for the KVS TGT exam to all aspirants who are serious about cracking the exam.
Duration of Preparation for the KVS TGT Exam
The duration of preparation for the KVS TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam can vary from person to person depending on various factors such as the candidate’s prior knowledge, study habits, availability of time, and dedication towards the preparation. On average, a dedicated preparation period of 4 to 6 months can be considered sufficient for most candidates. During this time, you can allocate a few hours each day for studying and revision.
It is important to have a structured study plan that covers all the subjects and topics mentioned in the syllabus. Keep in mind that the preparation duration mentioned is a general estimate and may differ based on individual circumstances. Some candidates may require more time if they are starting from scratch or have limited prior knowledge of the subjects, while others who are well-versed in the topics may need less time.
Result of KVS TGT
KVS generally notifies the TGT result within a few months after the examination. While the specific month may differ from year to year, it is commonly observed that the KVS result is announced between April – September month. It is important to note that this is an average estimate, and the actual result announcement date may differ.
To get the most accurate and up-to-date information, it is advisable to regularly check the official website of KVS. It’s essential to make a realistic study plan, stay focused, and work hard towards achieving your goal. Remember, there are no shortcuts to success, and with determination and perseverance, you can clear the KVS TGT exam.
Download KVS TGT Previous Year Solved Question Paper
To Download the file Click on the Ads Below
FAQs – KVS TGT Exam
How to prepare for the KVS TGT exam without coaching?
Preparing for the KVS TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam without coaching is possible with a well-structured self-study plan. Here are some steps you can follow:
1. Understand the Syllabus: Start by thoroughly understanding the syllabus for the KVS TGT exam. Obtain the official syllabus or exam pattern from the KVS website or the exam notification.
2. Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that covers all the topics of the syllabus. Allocate specific time slots for each subject and topic. Make sure to include time for revision and practice.
3. Gather Study Materials: Collect relevant study materials such as textbooks, reference books, previous year’s question papers, and online resources. Ensure that the materials cover all the subjects and topics mentioned in the syllabus.
4. Mock Tests and Previous Year Papers: Solve mock tests and previous year question papers to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern, time management, and the types of questions asked. This will also help you identify your weak areas that require additional attention.
5. Time Management: Dedicate a fixed number of hours every day to studying and stick to your study plan. Avoid procrastination and create a productive study environment to maximize your learning.
6. Revision: Regularly revise the topics you have covered. Create summary notes or flashcards to review important points. Revision is crucial to retain information and improve your overall understanding.
7. Stay Updated: Stay updated with current affairs, especially related to education, social issues, and government policies. Read newspapers and follow reliable news sources to keep yourself informed.
8. Seek Online Resources: Utilize online platforms, educational websites, and YouTube channels that provide relevant study materials, video tutorials, and practice quizzes. These resources can supplement your self-study efforts.
9. Join Study Groups: Connect with other aspirants preparing for the KVS TGT exam. Join online study groups or forums where you can discuss and clarify doubts with fellow candidates. Sharing knowledge and discussing concepts can enhance your understanding and provide new perspectives.
Remember, self-discipline, consistency, and perseverance are key to succeeding in any competitive exam. Stay focused, maintain a positive mindset, and work hard towards your goal.
How to start KVS TGT preparation?
To start your KVS TGT (Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Trained Graduate Teacher) preparation, here are some steps you can follow:
1. Understand the Exam Pattern: Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern of the KVS TGT exam. Know the sections, marks distribution, and duration of the exam. This will help you plan your preparation strategy accordingly.
2. Gather Study Materials: Collect relevant study materials for the KVS TGT exam. You can refer to previous years’ question papers, textbooks, study guides, and online resources. Make sure you have access to the necessary study materials before you begin.
3. Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that suits your schedule and allows you to cover all the required topics. Divide your time effectively, giving more focus to challenging subjects. Set goals for each study session and track your progress.
4. Understand the Syllabus: Go through the KVS TGT syllabus thoroughly. Understand the topics and sub-topics included in each subject. This will help you prioritize your study areas and ensure you cover all the essential content.
5. Focus on Core Subjects: The KVS TGT exam typically covers subjects like English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies. Identify your strengths and weaknesses in these subjects and allocate your study time accordingly. Dedicate more time to areas where you need improvement.
6. Practice Previous Year Question Papers: Solve previous year’s question papers to understand the exam pattern, types of questions asked, and time management. This will give you an idea of the difficulty level and help you identify your weak areas.
7. Take Mock Tests: Regularly take mock tests to assess your preparation and get accustomed to the exam environment. Analyze your performance and work on improving your speed and accuracy. This will also boost your confidence for the actual exam.
8. Improve General Knowledge: Stay updated with current affairs, general knowledge, and teaching methodologies. Read newspapers, magazines, and online resources to enhance your knowledge in these areas.
9. Enhance Teaching Skills: The KVS TGT exam also assesses teaching aptitude and methodology. Improve your teaching skills by observing experienced teachers, joining teaching workshops, or practicing with sample teaching sessions.
10. Stay Consistent and Stay Motivated: Consistency is key to success. Maintain a regular study routine and avoid procrastination. Stay motivated throughout your preparation by setting small milestones, rewarding yourself, and seeking support from family and friends.
Remember, starting early, planning effectively, and being consistent in your preparation will increase your chances of success in the KVS TGT exam.