Everything About MAHA TET Exam from Basics – exam pattern, syllabus, job profile, career growth, number of vacancies out, starting salary, preparation strategy, best books, courses, and test series, admit card, result, previous year cut-off analysis, and duration of preparation.
Table of Contents
MAHA TET (Teacher Eligibility Test) Exam Overview
|Name of Examination||MAHA TET|
|Full-Form of MAHA TET||Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Exam Organised Body||Maharashtra State Council of Examination (MSCE)|
|Vacancy Notification||Every year|
|Notification release month||August-October|
|Qualification||Senior Secondary (Minimum Qualification)|
|Age Limit||21 years- There is no upper age limit specified for appearing in the MAHA TET exam.|
|Application Fee||For both paper ₹800/- for GEN/EWS|
₹400/- for SC/ST
For only one paper ₹500/- for GEN/EWS
₹250/- for SC/ST
|Selection Process||Application, Admit Card, Written Examination, Result and Qualification, and Certification.|
Clear Your Concepts
|⟫ All Government Exams|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Notes|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Syllabus|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
About MAHA TET Exam
The MAHA TET (Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test) is an examination conducted by the Maharashtra State Council of Examination to determine the eligibility of candidates for the position of teachers in primary and upper primary schools within the state of Maharashtra, India. The exam is held annually and consists of two papers: Paper 1 for candidates aspiring to teach classes I to V, and Paper 2 for candidates aspiring to teach classes VI to VIII. The test assesses candidates’ knowledge and understanding of various subjects, including language, mathematics, environmental studies, and pedagogical concepts. Successful candidates are awarded the MAHA TET certificate.
Vacancy Notification for MAHA TET Exam
The Maharashtra State Council of Examination (MSCE) is responsible for conducting the MAHA TET (Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test), but the specific timing of vacancy notifications may vary from year to year. The average month when MSCE notified the vacancy only for the MAHA TET Vacancy is between August-October. This is just an average, and the month of notification could vary in the future.
Number of Vacancies in MAHA TET 2023
The number of vacancies in MAHA TET can differ every year based on the requirements of the education department and the availability of teaching positions in primary and upper primary schools across Maharashtra, India. The number of vacancies depends on factors such as retirements, resignations, new school openings, and the government’s decision to create additional teaching positions. The exact number of vacancies can fluctuate from year to year.
Job Profile after Selection in MAHA TET Exam
After successfully qualifying in the MAHA TET (Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test) examination, candidates become eligible for various teaching positions in primary and upper primary schools in the state of Maharashtra, India. The job profile after selection in MAHA TET includes:
- Primary School Teacher: Candidates who qualify the MAHA TET for Paper 1 (classes I to V) become eligible for teaching positions in primary schools. They are responsible for teaching subjects like language, mathematics, environmental studies, and other foundational concepts to young students.
- Upper Primary School Teacher: Candidates who qualify the MAHA TET for Paper 2 (classes VI to VIII) become eligible for teaching positions in upper primary schools. They teach subjects like language, mathematics, science, social studies, and other subjects as per the curriculum.
- Subject Teacher: Depending on their specialization and qualifications, candidates may also be eligible for subject-specific teaching positions like language teacher, mathematics teacher, science teacher, etc., in upper primary schools.
The job profile includes preparing lesson plans, delivering lessons, assessing student performance, managing classroom activities, promoting student development, maintaining records, and working collaboratively with colleagues and parents to ensure a conducive learning environment. The specific job responsibilities may vary based on the school’s requirements, grade levels taught, and the education department’s guidelines.
Best Courses & Test Series
Quality at Affordable Prices
MAHA TET Post after Selection
After being qualified for MAHA TET, candidates become eligible for various teaching positions in primary and upper primary schools in the state of Maharashtra, India. The specific post one is appointed to depends on the level of the exam they cleared. For candidates who clear Paper 1 (classes I to V), the common post is that of a Primary School Teacher.
They are responsible for teaching subjects like language, mathematics, environmental studies, and other foundational concepts to young students. For candidates who clear Paper 2 (classes VI to VIII), the common post is that of an Upper Primary School Teacher. They teach subjects like language, mathematics, science, social studies, and other subjects as per the curriculum.
Depending on their specialization and qualifications, candidates may also be appointed as subject-specific teachers such as a language teacher, mathematics teacher, science teacher, etc., in upper primary schools. These posts provide candidates with the opportunity to contribute to the education and development of young learners, fostering their growth and building a strong foundation for their academic journey.
Starting salary for MAHA TET
The starting salary of MAHA TET after the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission varies between ₹9300-₹34800 and it also depends on the specific post, grade, and level of the teacher. This is only basic pay and it allows various types of allowances like House Rent Allowances, Dearness Allowances, and other benefits. The salary can vary based on factors such as the location of the school, level of qualification, years of experience, and other allowances and benefits provided.
Career growth in MAHA TET exam
The Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test opens up several avenues for career growth in the field of teaching. Here are some aspects of career growth for MAHA TET-qualified candidates:
- Promotions: With experience and continuous professional development, teachers can progress through various promotion stages within the education department. These promotions can lead to higher positions such as Headmaster/Headmistress, Principal, or other administrative roles.
- Seniority and Experience-Based Increments: Teachers often receive increments and benefits based on their years of experience and seniority in service. As they gain more experience, their salary and benefits can increase.
- Specialization and Higher Qualifications: Pursuing higher qualifications like postgraduate degrees, B.Ed., M.Ed., or Ph.D in education can enhance career prospects. These qualifications can open doors to becoming subject experts, curriculum developers, teacher trainers, or education consultants.
- Departmental Examinations: Education departments conduct departmental examinations for career advancement. Clearing these examinations can lead to promotions or opportunities for specialized roles within the department.
- Administrative Roles: Teachers who show leadership skills and administrative aptitude may have the opportunity to take up administrative positions in schools, district education offices, or other educational institutions.
- Research and Innovation: Teachers can engage in educational research, innovation, and development of teaching methodologies. They can contribute to educational literature, participate in conferences, and collaborate with other professionals in the field.
It’s important to note that career growth in MAHA TET is also influenced by factors such as performance, dedication, professional development, and government policies.
Selection Process For MAHA TET Examination 2023
The selection process for the MAHA TET (Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test) examination typically involves the following steps:
- Application: Candidates interested in appearing for the MAHA TET examination need to submit an online application during the specified registration period. They must provide the required personal, educational, and contact details.
- Admit Card: After the application process, eligible candidates will receive their admit cards, which serve as hall tickets to appear for the examination. The admit card contains important details such as the examination date, time, and venue.
- Written Examination: The MAHA TET examination consists of two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is for candidates aspiring to teach classes I to V, and Paper 2 is for candidates aspiring to teach classes VI to VIII. Candidates need to appear for the relevant paper(s) based on their desired level of teaching.
- Result and Qualification: Once the examination is conducted, the Maharashtra State Council of Examination (MSCE) evaluates the answer sheets and declares the results. Candidates who score the minimum qualifying marks, as determined by the MSCE, are considered qualified in the MAHA TET examination.
- Certification: Successful candidates are awarded the MAHA TET certificate, which is valid for a specified period. The certificate serves as proof of eligibility for applying to teaching positions in primary and upper primary schools within Maharashtra.
It is important to note that the specific details and steps of the selection process may vary slightly from year to year. Candidates are advised to refer to the official notification and guidelines issued by the Maharashtra State Council of Examination for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the selection process for the MAHA TET examination.
Exam pattern of MAHA TET
For paper I
|Paper||No of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
The full mark of the exam is 150 each question carries 1 mark. Negative marking is not applicable to this exam. And the total time duration is 2 hours 30 minutes. Paper 1 exam contains Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics, and Environmental Studies.
For paper II
|Paper||No of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
|Mathematics & Science|
Or Social Science/Social Studies
In the paper II exam, time duration for this exam is 150 marks each question carries 1 mark. Negative marking is not applicable on this exam.
Preparation strategy for MAHA TET exam
Preparing for the MAHA TET (Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test) requires a structured approach and a well-planned strategy. Here are some steps you can follow to prepare effectively for the MAHA TET exam:
- Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Begin by familiarizing yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus. The MAHA TET consists of two papers – Paper I for teachers of classes I to V and Paper II for teachers of classes VI to VIII. Understand the sections, marks distribution, and topics included in each paper.
- Gather Study Materials: Collect reliable and comprehensive study materials, including textbooks, reference books, previous years’ question papers, and study guides specifically designed for the MAHA TET exam. These resources will help you cover the entire syllabus and practice different question types.
- Create a Study Plan: Devise a study plan that suits your schedule and allows for systematic coverage of all topics. Allocate specific time slots for each subject or section, giving more time to areas you find challenging. Include regular breaks to maintain focus and avoid burnout.
- Focus on Child Development and Pedagogy: For both Paper I and Paper II, pay special attention to the Child Development and Pedagogy section. Understand the theories, principles, and stages of child development, learning processes, teaching methodologies, and assessment techniques. This section holds significant weight in the exam.
- Review Subject-specific Topics: For Paper I, review the subjects of Mathematics, Environmental Studies, Language I , and Language II. For Paper II, focus on subjects like Mathematics and Science, Social Sciences, Language I, and Language II. Cover the entire syllabus, referring to textbooks and study materials.
- Practice Previous Year’s Question Papers: Solve previous years’ question papers to get acquainted with the exam format, understand the question patterns, and assess your knowledge. This will also help you manage time during the actual exam and identify areas where you need improvement.
- Take Mock Tests: Mock tests are invaluable for exam preparation. They simulate the actual exam environment and help you assess your level of preparedness. Take mock tests regularly to gauge your progress, identify strengths and weaknesses, and refine your exam-taking strategy.
- Stay Updated with Current Affairs: Stay updated with current affairs, especially related to education, national and international events, and developments in the field of education.
- Seek Clarification and Guidance: If you have any doubts or questions while studying, seek clarification from teachers, mentors, or subject matter experts. Joining coaching classes or online forums dedicated to MAHA TET preparation can provide additional guidance and support.
- Revision and Time Management: Allocate sufficient time for revision in your study plan. Regularly revise the topics you have covered to reinforce your understanding. Also, practice time management during your study sessions and simulate exam-like conditions to improve your speed and accuracy.
- Stay Positive and Practice Self-care: Maintain a positive mindset throughout your preparation journey. Take care of your physical and mental well-being by getting adequate sleep, eating healthily, exercising, and taking regular breaks. Avoid unnecessary stress and anxiety, as it can hinder your performance.
Remember, consistency and perseverance are key to success. Follow this strategy, maintain a disciplined approach, and stay focused on your goal.
Best Books for MAHA TET
While there are several books available for MAHA TET exam preparation, it’s important to choose those that cover the syllabus comprehensively and provide relevant practice questions. Here are some popular books that can be helpful for MAHA TET exam preparation:
- “MAHA TET (Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test) Paper-I (Class I to V) by Arihant Publications”: This book specifically focuses on Paper I of the MAHA TET exam for teachers of classes I to V. It covers child development and pedagogy, mathematics, environmental studies, language I (Marathi/English), and language II (Marathi/English) subjects. It also includes previous years’ question papers and practice sets for thorough preparation.
- “MAHA TET (Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test) Paper-II (Class VI to VIII) by Arihant Publications”: This book is designed for Paper II of the MAHA TET exam for teachers of classes VI to VIII. It covers child development and pedagogy, mathematics and science, social sciences, language I, and language II subjects. It provides in-depth coverage of the syllabus along with practice questions and previous years’ papers.
- “MAHA TET (Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test) Complete Success Package by Anshul Jain and Jyoti Kakade”: This comprehensive book covers both Paper I and Paper II of the MAHA TET exam. It includes detailed theory, practice questions, previous year’s solved papers, and model question papers. The book covers all the subjects and sections mentioned in the syllabus and is suitable for thorough preparation.
- “MAHA TET (Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test) Paper-I and II by Disha Experts”: This book provides extensive coverage of both Paper I and Paper II of the MAHA TET exam. It includes child development and pedagogy, mathematics, environmental studies, language I, language II, and other relevant subjects. It features topic-wise theory, solved examples, practice questions, and model papers for effective preparation.
- “MAHA TET (Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test) Paper-I and II by Upkar Prakashan”: This book is a comprehensive guide for both Paper I and Paper II of the MAHA TET exam. It covers all the subjects and sections mentioned in the syllabus with detailed explanations and practice questions. It also includes previous year’s solved papers and model papers to enhance exam readiness.
Remember to choose the books that align with the latest syllabus and are authored by reputable publishers. Consider using multiple resources to supplement your preparation, such as previous years’ question papers, online resources, and mock tests, to gain a well-rounded understanding of the exam pattern and improve your performance.
Test series for MAHA TET exam
Nishant eAcademy offers a comprehensive test series for the MAHA TET Examination that can help you evaluate your preparation and identify your strengths and weaknesses. The test series is designed by experts and covers all the important topics and subjects of the MAHA TET syllabus. The tests are structured to mimic the actual exam pattern, and taking them can help you build exam temperament and manage time effectively. The test series is available online, and you can take the tests from the comfort of your home. The detailed performance analysis and feedback provided after each test can help you improve your performance and increase your chances of success in the MAHA TET exam. I highly recommend Nishant eAcademy Test Series for the MAHA TET exam to all aspirants who are serious about cracking the exam.
Duration of Preparation for MAHA TET Exam
The duration of preparation for the MAHA TET exam can vary depending on many factors, including your familiarity with the syllabus, your current knowledge and understanding of the subjects, and the amount of time you can dedicate to studying each day. On average, a dedicated and focused preparation period of 2 to 4 months is usually considered sufficient for the MAHA TET exam.
During this timeframe, you can allocate a few hours each day for studying and revision. It’s important to create a study plan that covers all the subjects and sections mentioned in the syllabus, with specific time slots allocated for each topic. This allows for systematic coverage of the entire syllabus and ample time for practice and revision. It’s also advisable to start your preparation well in advance of the exam date to ensure adequate time for thorough studying, practice, and revision.
This will help you build a strong foundation of knowledge, enhance your understanding of the subjects, and boost your confidence for the exam.Remember that everyone’s learning pace and availability of study time can differ. It’s essential to personalize your preparation duration based on your individual needs, strengths, and weaknesses. Regular self-assessment, mock tests, and tracking of your progress will help you determine if you need more or less time for preparation.
Maintain consistency, discipline, and focus throughout your preparation period. Devote regular study hours, make the most of available resources, practice previous years’ question papers, and seek guidance when needed. With proper planning and dedicated effort, you can effectively prepare for the MAHA TET exam within a few months.
Result of MAHA TET
MAHA TET is a state-level examination conducted by the Maharashtra State Council of Examination (MSCE) to assess the eligibility of candidates for teaching positions in government schools within Maharashtra. The exam is divided into two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
The process of MAHA TET results begins with the conduct of the exam by the Maharashtra State Council of Examination (MSCE). After the exam, the answer sheets are collected and evaluated. The evaluation process can take some time, depending on the number of applicants.
Once the evaluation is completed, the results are prepared based on the candidates’ performance. The official declaration of the MAHA TET results is made by the MSCE, on the official website. The duration between the MAHA TET exam and result declaration can vary, and it is recommended to regularly check the official website or contact the conducting authority for accurate information regarding the specific timeline.
Download MAHA TET Previous Year Solved Question Paper
To Download the file Click on the Ads Below
FAQs – MAHA TET Exam
What is the exam pattern for the MAHA TET?
The MAHA TET exam consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Paper 1 covers subjects like Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I and II, Mathematics, and Environmental Studies. Paper 2 includes questions on similar subjects but with a focus on a specific area of specialization chosen by the candidate.
What is the validity of the MAHA TET certificate?
The validity of the MAHA TET certificate is for a lifetime.
Can candidates from other states apply for the MAHA TET exam?
Yes, candidates from other states are eligible to apply for the MAHA TET exam. However, they must fulfill the eligibility criteria specified by the Maharashtra State Council of Examination (MSCE).
Is there any age limit for appearing in the MAHA TET exam?
Yes, the Minimum age must be 21 years and there is no upper age limit specified for appearing in the MAHA TET exam.
Is there any negative marking in the MAHA TET exam?
No, there is no provision for negative marking in the MAHA TET exam.