Everything About MP SET Exam from Basics – exam pattern, syllabus, job profile, career growth, number of vacancies out, starting salary, preparation strategy, best books, courses, and test series, admit card, result, previous year cut-off analysis, and duration of preparation.
Table of Contents
MP SET Exam Overview
|Name of Examination||MP SET|
|Full-Form of MP SET||Madhya Pradesh State Eligibility Test|
|Exam Organised Body||Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC)|
|Vacancy Notification||Every year|
|Notification release month||December-January|
|Age Limit||No minimum or maximum age limit is required for this exam.|
|Application Fee||₹500/- for GEN|
₹250/- for SC/ST/OBC
|Selection Process||Online Application, Eligibility Check, Admit Card Issuance, Written Examination, Evaluation & Result Declaration, and Qualifying Criteria.|
Clear Your Concepts
|⟫ All Government Exams|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Notes|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Syllabus|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
About MP SET Exam
The MP SET exam, also known as the Madhya Pradesh State Eligibility Test, is a competitive examination conducted by the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC). It serves as an eligibility test for candidates aspiring to become Assistant Professors in universities and colleges in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The exam evaluates candidates’ knowledge, understanding, and proficiency in their respective subjects. It covers various disciplines, including arts, science, commerce, and humanities. The MP SET exam consists of multiple-choice questions and is conducted in two papers. Successful candidates who qualify in the exam are awarded the eligibility certificate, which enables them to apply for teaching positions in Madhya Pradesh.
Vacancy Notification for MP SET Exam
The exact month for the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) to notify the vacancy details for the MP SET exam can differ from year to year. The average month, when MPPSC notifies the vacancy details for the MP SET exam, is between December-January. It is important to note that this is an average estimate, and the exact month can vary depending on various factors such as administrative decisions, resource availability, and other considerations.
Number of Vacancies in MP SET 2023
The exact number of vacancies for the MP SET Exam can vary each year and is subject to the specific requirements and circumstances of each examination cycle. But the average number of vacancies notified by the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission for MP SET Exam is between 600-1000. The number of vacancies notified for the MP SET Exam depends on a number of factors, including the availability of funding, the number of qualified candidates, and the needs of the state’s education system.
Job Profile after Selection in MP SET Exam
After being selected in the MP SET Exam, candidates become eligible for various posts in colleges and universities in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
Job Profile after being Selected in MP SET Exam:
- Teaching: Delivering lectures, conducting tutorials, and engaging in practical sessions to impart knowledge in their respective subject areas.
- Research: Conducting research in their field of specialization, publishing research papers in reputed journals, and participating in conferences or seminars.
- Mentoring: Guiding and mentoring students, providing academic support, and supervising research projects or dissertations.
- Curriculum Development: Designing and updating course syllabi, developing study materials, and incorporating innovative teaching methodologies.
- Evaluation: Assessing students’ performance through examinations, assignments, and other evaluation methods, and providing feedback on their progress.
- Participation in Committees: Serving on various academic and administrative committees within the institution, contributing to policy decisions and departmental activities.
- Professional Development: Keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in their field, attending workshops or training sessions, and engaging in professional growth activities.
The specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on the institution, department, and level of experience.
Best Courses & Test Series
Quality at Affordable Prices
MP SET Post after Selection
After successfully clearing the MP SET Exam, candidates are eligible for the position of Assistant Professor in various colleges and universities in Madhya Pradesh. As Assistant Professors, their primary role involves imparting education to students at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. They are responsible for conducting lectures, tutorials, and practical sessions, as well as guiding and mentoring students in their academic pursuits.
They participate in curriculum development, and assessment of student performance, and serve on various academic committees. Assistant Professors play an important role in shaping the educational experience of students and contributing to the academic community.
Starting salary for MP SET
The starting salary of MP SET varies between ₹15600-₹39100. And they also get allowances like Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, and Medical Allowance. Salary may vary depending on the employee’s location, experience, and other factors.
Career growth in MP SET exam
The MP SET is an examination conducted to determine the eligibility of candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in universities and colleges in Madhya Pradesh. Once you qualify for the MP SET exam, you become eligible for Assistant Professor positions.
The career growth for an Assistant Professor in Madhya Pradesh is as follows:
- Assistant Professor: After qualifying for the MP SET exam, you can start your career as an Assistant Professor in a university or college in Madhya Pradesh. As an Assistant Professor, you will be responsible for teaching undergraduate or postgraduate students, conducting research, and contributing to the academic community.
- Associate Professor: After gaining experience and fulfilling the required criteria set by the university or college, you can be promoted to the position of Associate Professor. This promotion usually requires a certain number of years of teaching experience, research publications, and academic achievements.
- Professor: The highest position in the academic hierarchy is that of a Professor. To become a Professor, you need to have significant experience, a substantial body of research work, and an excellent academic record. The promotion to the position of Professor is typically based on a combination of teaching excellence, research output, and contribution to the field.
- Administrative Roles: Alongside academic growth, there may also be opportunities for administrative roles within the university or college. These roles can include becoming a Head of Department, Dean, Director, or other administrative positions.
It’s important to note that the specific career growth and opportunities may vary depending on the policies and regulations of the respective university or college.
Selection Process For MP SET Examination 2023
The selection process for the MP SET exam involves the following steps:
- Online Application: Candidates interested in appearing for the MP SET exam need to submit their applications online through the official website of the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC). The application form requires candidates to provide personal details, educational qualifications, and other relevant information.
- Eligibility Check: The MPPSC verifies the eligibility of applicants based on criteria such as educational qualifications, age limit, and any other requirements specified in the official notification. Only eligible candidates are allowed to proceed to the next stage.
- Admit Card Issuance: Once the eligibility of candidates is confirmed, the MPPSC releases the admit cards for the MP SET exam. Candidates can download their admit cards from the official website by entering their login credentials. The admit card contains important details such as exam date, time, and venue.
- Written Examination: The MP SET exam consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and is conducted in offline mode. The exam comprises two papers, depending on the subject chosen by the candidate. Paper I is about Teaching and Research Aptitude, while Paper II are subject-specific paper. Candidates need to answer the questions within the prescribed time limit.
- Evaluation and Result Declaration: After the completion of the examination, the answer sheets are evaluated by the MPPSC. Once the evaluation process is complete, the MPPSC declares the results on its official website. Candidates can check their individual scores and qualifying status using their roll numbers or other required credentials.
- Qualifying Criteria: To qualify for the MP SET exam, candidates need to secure the minimum qualifying marks specified by the MPPSC. The qualifying criteria may vary based on factors such as the number of candidates, the difficulty level of the exam, and other relevant considerations.
It’s important to note that the selection process may be subject to change, and there might be specific variations or updates in the process. Therefore, it is advisable to refer to the official notification and website of the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) for accurate and up-to-date information regarding the MP SET exam selection process.
Exam pattern of MP SET
|Paper||No of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Teaching and Research Aptitude (Paper I)||50||100||1 Hour|
|Subject chosen by the candidate ( Paper II)||100||200||2 Hours|
The MP SET exam consists of multiple-choice questions and is conducted in offline mode. The exam comprises two papers, depending on the subject chosen by the candidate. Paper I is about Teaching and Research Aptitude, while Paper II are subject-specific paper. Each question contains 2 marks and negative marking is not applicable. Total duration of this exam is 3 hours.
Preparation strategy for the MP SET exam
Preparing for the MP SET exam requires a systematic approach and diligent study. Here is a suggested preparation strategy to help you succeed:
- Understand the Exam Pattern: Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern, including the number of papers, sections, and mark distribution. This will help you structure your preparation accordingly.
- Syllabus Analysis: Go through the official syllabus for the MP SET exam. Divide the topics into smaller sections and prioritize them based on their weightage and your proficiency in each area.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that covers all the topics and allows you sufficient time for revision. Allocate specific time slots for each subject, giving more emphasis to your weaker areas. Set achievable daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Gather Study Materials: Collect relevant and reliable study materials, including reference books, previous years’ question papers, and online resources. Ensure that the materials cover the entire syllabus comprehensively.
- Study Material Organization: Organize your study materials in a systematic manner, making it easier for you to access specific topics when needed. Use color-coded notes, highlighters, and sticky tabs to mark important sections.
- Conceptual Clarity: Focus on building a strong foundation of concepts in each subject. Understand the core principles and theories and practice applying them to solve problems. Clear any doubts you have by consulting subject experts or referring to reliable sources.
- Time Management: Practice time management during your preparation. Solve previous years’ question papers within the allotted time to improve your speed and accuracy. This will help you become familiar with the exam’s time constraints.
- Mock Tests and Sample Papers: Take regular mock tests and solve sample papers to evaluate your progress. Analyze your performance, identify weak areas, and work on improving them. This will also help you become familiar with the exam format and boost your confidence.
- Revision: Allocate dedicated time for revision. Regularly review the topics you have covered to reinforce your understanding. Create concise notes or flashcards to summarize key points for quick revision.
- Stay Updated: Keep yourself updated with current affairs, especially related to the state of Madhya Pradesh. Read newspapers, magazines, and online resources to stay informed about the latest developments, events, and government schemes.
- Join Study Groups: Consider joining study groups or finding study partners preparing for the same exam. Engaging in discussions, sharing knowledge, and solving problems together can enhance your understanding and motivation.
- Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle: Take care of your physical and mental well-being. Get enough sleep, eat a balanced diet, and exercise regularly. Avoid excessive stress and anxiety by incorporating relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga into your routine.
Best Books for MP SET
There are many books available for MP SET (Madhya Pradesh State Eligibility Test) preparation, here are some recommended books that cover the syllabus comprehensively:
- “UGC NET/SET (JRF & LS) Teaching & Research Aptitude General Paper-I” by Arihant Experts: This book covers the teaching and research aptitude section, which is an important part of the MP SET exam. It provides in-depth coverage of the concepts and includes practice questions for self-assessment.
- “MP SET: Paper-II Commerce” by Lal & Jain: This book specifically focuses on the Commerce subject for Paper-II of the MP SET exam. It covers all the relevant topics, including accounting, economics, business management, and financial management, with ample practice questions.
- “MP SET: Paper-II Political Science” by J. C. Johari: For the Political Science subject in Paper-II, this book is highly recommended. It covers various topics related to political theory, comparative politics, international relations, and Indian government and politics.
- “MP SET: Paper-II History” by Krishna Reddy: If you are appearing for the History subject in Paper-II, this book is a valuable resource. It provides a comprehensive overview of Indian history, including ancient, medieval, and modern periods, along with practice questions.
- “MP SET: Paper-II Hindi” by Shyam Anand Mishra: This book is focused on the Hindi subject for Paper-II. It covers topics such as language, literature, grammar, and literary criticism. It also includes sample papers and previous years’ question papers for practice.
- “MP SET: Paper-II English” by Pankaj Sharma: For the English subject in Paper-II, this book offers comprehensive coverage of topics like language and linguistics, literary theory, and British and American literature. It includes practice exercises and previous years’ question papers.
It’s important to note that these are just a few suggestions, and you may explore other books or study materials based on your subject choices and preferences.
Test series for MP SET exam
Nishant eAcademy offers a comprehensive test series for the MP SET Examination that can help you evaluate your preparation and identify your strengths and weaknesses. The test series is designed by experts and covers all the important topics and subjects of the MP SET syllabus. The tests are structured to mimic the actual exam pattern, and taking them can help you build exam temperament and manage time effectively. The test series is available online, and you can take the tests from the comfort of your home. The detailed performance analysis and feedback provided after each test can help you improve your performance and increase your chances of success in the MP SET exam. I highly recommend Nishant eAcademy Test Series for the MP SET exam to all aspirants who are serious about cracking the exam.
Duration of Preparation for MP SET Exam
The duration of preparation for the MP SET (Madhya Pradesh State Eligibility Test) exam can differ depending on many factors, including your familiarity with the subjects, your study routine, and the amount of time you can dedicate to studying per day. On average, candidates generally spend three to six months preparing for this exam.
During this preparation period, it is important to create a structured study plan that covers all the relevant subjects and topics included in the MP SET syllabus. Allocate sufficient time for each subject and make sure to review and practice regularly. It can be helpful to solve previous years’ question papers and take mock tests to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and identify areas that require further improvement.
Remember that consistency, regular practice, and a comprehensive understanding of the topics are key to performing well in the MP SET exam. Adjust your study plan based on your progress and make sure to give yourself enough time to revise and strengthen your knowledge before the actual exam.
Result of MP SET
The result of the MP SET exam is declared through an official announcement after the evaluation of answer sheets and compilation of scores. The conducting authority determines a cutoff score, and candidates who meet or exceed it are considered eligible.
The result is announced on the official website or through a notification, where candidates can access their individual results using their roll number or registration details. A merit list is also prepared, featuring the names of candidates with the highest scores. It is advisable to regularly check the official website for accurate and up-to-date information on result declaration.
Download MP SET Previous Year Solved Question Paper
To Download the file Click on the Ads Below
FAQs – MP SET Exam
Who conducts the MP SET exam?
The MP SET exam is conducted by the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC).
Is there any negative marking in the MP SET exam?
No, there is no negative marking in the MP SET exam. Candidates are awarded marks only for correct answers.
Is there any age limit to apply for the MP SET exam?
No, there is no lower or upper age limit to apply for the MP SET exam.
What time duration is required for MP SET exam?
A total of 3 hours is required for this exam, for Paper I, 1 hour is required, and for Paper II, 2 hours is required.