NEC Merit Scholarship apply online | NEC Merit Scholarship apply last date | NEC Merit Scholarship renewal | NEC Merit Scholarship amount | NEC Merit Scholarship tripura | NEC Merit Scholarship manipur | NEC Merit Scholarship eligibility | NEC Merit Scholarship merit list | NEC Merit Scholarship 2024 | NEC Merit Scholarship ner | NEC Merit Scholarship 2023 last date | NEC Merit Scholarship last date 2024 | NEC Merit Scholarship status | NEC Merit Scholarship merit list 2024 | NEC Merit Scholarship online
Today in this article we are going to share about the Best NEC Merit Scholarship 2024-2025 provided by North Eastern Council, Ministry of Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, Government of India for Financial Year 2024 to 2025. The funds are disbursed through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system, and interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) at https://scholarships.gov.in.
These scholarships are available for studies in India only and shall be awarded by the North Eastern Council, Ministry of Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, Government of India, Shillong to the eligible candidates of the North Eastern States.
Eligibility of NEC Merit Scholarship 2024-2025
Here is the some eligibility conditions for NEC Merit Scholarship 2024-2025:
- The scholarship is open only to a student who is a permanent resident of any of the North Eastern States.
- Once selected, the scholarship shall be available to a selected student for the prescribed duration of a course subject to fulfillment of renewal conditions.
- At the time of availing the scholarship, the student must not be in receipt of any other scholarship/financial assistance from any other source. A sponsored candidate under full employment during the period of study or working/in-service candidates shall not be eligible to receive the scholarship.
- A student shall only be considered for scholarship in the year of commencement of his/her course. For subsequent year of course, only renewal will be allowed.
- Scholarship shall be admissible to students who get admission in Diploma, Degree, Post-graduate or registration in M.Phil. / Ph.D courses of any institute recognized by the Government. The grant of scholarship for M.Phil and Ph.D would be after the registration of the students with the University. The Scholarship will not be available for internship or any practical training.
- The scholarship shall be admissible to the students whose parent / guardian’s annual income from all sources shall not exceed Rs 8.0 lakh. The income certificate issued by the competent authority shall be furnished by the candidate.
- The student must fulfill the following eligibility criteria in the previous qualifying examination for consideration of scholarship:
|HSLC/HSSLC/Secondary School Leaving /Senior Secondary Leaving certificate examination from a recognised State/Central board with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
|HSSLC/Senior Secondary Leaving certificate examination from a recognised State/Central board with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
|Degree level examination in any discipline (BA/BSc/BE/B Tech/MBBS/LLB/BCA/BBA etc. of any recognized Institute/ University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
|PG degree from any recognized University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
Documents Requirement for NEC Merit Scholarship 2024-2025
Here is the list of documents which applicant must be in possession of following documents at the time of application. He/She may be asked to upload a scanned copy of these documents as per requirement or extant rules /guidelines.
- Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC) issued by the Dy. Commissioner /Addl. Dy. Commissioners/ Sub-divisional officer of civil sub-divisions.
- Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
- Bank Account Pass Book – Account must be in the name of applicant.
- Details of qualifying examination.
- e) Synopsis signed by the project guide / Director (Research) or any official authorized by the Institute/University in the case of M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates.
- Any other document as may be required under NSP guidelines.
Scholarship Amount of NEC Merit Scholarship 2024-2025
The rates of scholarships are subject to revision from time to time. As and when need arises for such revision a Committee will be appointed by the Secretary, NEC for the purpose. The present rate of scholarship for related Subjects/Courses at different levels is as under:
|Level of Study
|Scholarship amount for fresh and renewal cases (existing students)
|M. Phil./Ph D
Renewal of NEC Merit Scholarship 2024-2025
Every renewal of scholarship is for a period of one academic year only, if not otherwise specified. All existing and eligible beneficiaries of the scholarship are required to fill up the renewal form on NSP every year during their entire course period. The student shall be required to upload previous exam marks-sheet/pass certificate during renewal application. In case of students studying in M.Phil / PhD., the renewal application shall be accompanied with latest progress report from the guide countersigned by the Registrar of the Institute.
this scholarship scheme provides an empower to deserved students and focus on merit, eligibility criterai, application processes, and disbursement methods. It has a comprehensive guidelines for providing financial support to students in the north eas region who are pursuing higher professional courses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Who is eligible for the NEC Merit Scholarship?
Permanent residents of any North Eastern State undergoing higher professional courses in India.
Can a student receiving other scholarships apply?
No, at the time of availing the NEC scholarship, the student must not be in receipt of any other scholarship/financial assistance.
How is the NEC scholarship disbursed?
The NEC scholarship is disbursed directly to the selected students’ verified bank accounts through the DBT mode.
Is there a renewal process for the NEC scholarship?
Yes, students must renew their scholarship annually, subject to fulfilling specified terms and conditions.
What is the maximum annual income for eligibility of NEC scholarship?
The annual income of the student’s parent/guardian from all sources should not exceed Rs 8.0 lakh.