FSSAI Role Function and Initiative – is the most important topic as per FSSAI Exam 2021 syllabus. in this post, I am providing “A General Understanding of FSSAI Role, Functions and Initiatives” detailed Notes and this is the Next chapter –Repurpose Used Cooking Oil (RUCO).
During frying, several properties of the oil are altered, Total Polar Compounds (TPC) are formed on repeated frying. The toxicity of these compounds is associated with several diseases such as hypertension, atherosclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, liver diseases. Therefore, it is essential to monitor the quality of vegetable oils during frying. In order to safeguard consumer health, FSSAI has fixed a limit for Total Polar Compounds at 25 percent beyond which the vegetable oil shall not be used. From 1st July 2018 onwards, all Food Business Operators (FBOs) are required to monitor the quality of oil during frying by complying with the said regulations.
To divert UCO (Used Cooking Oil) from the food value chain and curb current illegal practices, the following steps have been undertaken by FSSAI till date –
- FSSAI started an EEE strategy (EDUCATION, ENFORCEMENT & ECOSYSTEM) to ensure good health and welfare for all 130 crore citizens, aiding energy security, climate change mitigation, and leading to environmentally sustainable development.
- Notified the limit for Total Polar Compounds (TPC) to be maximum 25% beyond which the vegetable oil is not suitable for use. These standards have come into force from 1st July 2018.
- Issued an order directing FBOs with consumption of more than 50 liters of cooking oil per day to mandatorily maintain UCO disposal records has been issued.
- Launched – Repurpose Used Cooking Oil (RUCO) to enable the collection and conversion of used cooking oil to biodiesel.
- it includes: Authorization mechanism of biodiesel processors, Setting up of supply chain for collection of UCO, Provisional certification for aggregators by biodiesel processor.
- Published guidance documents and has run several awareness campaigns through its e-channels.
- Issued standardized test methods and developed a standard operating procedure to ensure safe handling and disposal of UCO by FBOs.
Impact of RUCO
RUCO will help bring:
- health benefits by avoiding ill effects of UCO
- EMPLOYMENT GENERATION AND ECONOMIC growth
- Infrastructural investment in Rural Areas
- Cleaner environment with reduced carbon footprint
- reduction of import dependency
- RUCO help promote a shift towards a circular economy model with health environmental and economic benefits.
FSSAI Role Function and Initiatives Premium Course
FREE Notes are always awesome. Good Notes really help students to boost their preparation. Though Premium Courses are more relevant, time saver, and designed in such a way that you can crack your exam with ease and confidence.
- Chapter-Wise Video Classes, Practice Tests and PDF-Notes
- Previous year questions
- Doubt Batch
- 100% Exam-Oriented
- Price –
- Get this Course in only ₹380 – use COUPON CODE: FSSAI2021
FSSAI Role Function and Initiatives complete notes
This book contains all the topics mentioned in FSSAI EXAM 2021 and is 100% Exam oriented. After Payment, please check your registered mail for receipt. After 60 minutes of payment, you will get the Download button in your mail to download the pdf but if you face any trouble, please contact us through our WhatsApp.