Everything About SIDBI Exam from Basics – exam pattern, syllabus, job profile, career growth, number of vacancies out, starting salary, preparation strategy, best books, courses, and test series, admit card, result, previous year cut-off analysis, and duration of preparation.
Table of Contents
SIDBI Exam Overview
|Name of Examination||SIDBI|
|Full-Form of SIDBI||Small Industries Development Bank of India|
|Exam Organised Body||SIDBI Bank|
|Vacancy Notification||every year|
|Notification release month||December-January|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any stream|
|Age Limit||21 years-28 years|
|Application Fee||₹925/- for GEN/OBC/EWS|
Exempted for SC/ST/PH/Female
|Selection Process||Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Interview|
Clear Your Concepts
|⟫ All Government Exams|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Notes|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Syllabus|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
About SIDBI Exam
SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) conducts exams for the recruitment of various positions in the organization. These exams are designed to assess the knowledge, skills, and aptitude of candidates applying for different roles related to the promotion and development of micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) in India. The exam pattern may vary depending on the position but typically includes sections on reasoning, quantitative aptitude, English language, and general awareness. Candidates who successfully qualify for the exams are further evaluated through interviews and other selection criteria. The exams conducted by SIDBI aim to identify suitable candidates who can contribute to the growth and development of the MSME sector in the country.
Vacancy Notification for SIDBI Exam
SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) generally notifies its vacancies through official notifications released on its website and other prominent job portals. SIDBI announces its vacancies throughout the year as per the availability of positions and the recruitment plan. However, there is no fixed schedule for the release of notifications. The bank may release notifications for different positions at different times based on factors such as staffing needs, project requirements, and operational considerations.
The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) notified their vacancy for the recruitment of officers in Grade ‘A’ – General Stream on 14th December 2022. The last date to apply for the vacancy was 03rd January 2023. The online psychometric assessment for the candidates eligible for interview will commence from April 12, 2023, and shall be available only till April 16, 2023. The interview process for the recruitment of Grade ‘A’ Officers in General Stream will commence on April 25, 2023.
Number of Vacancies in SIDBI 2024
The average number of vacancies that come up in the SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) exam can vary from year to year depending on the recruitment needs of the organization. The number of vacancies is influenced by factors such as retirement, expansion plans, and the overall workforce requirements of SIDBI. The average number of vacancies that come in every year from the SIDBI exam is around 100. However, the number of vacancies can vary from year to year depending on the needs of the organization.
Job Profile after Selection in SIDBI Exam
After selection in the SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) exam, candidates can be assigned various job profiles such as Assistant Manager, Manager, Risk Manager, Financial Analyst, or Relationship Manager. Responsibilities include credit analysis, project appraisal, risk management, marketing, policy formulation, financial analysis, relationship building with clients, and strategic planning. The exact job profile and responsibilities will be communicated to the candidates upon selection.
Best Courses & Test Series
Quality at Affordable Prices
SIDBI Post after Selection
After selection in the SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) exam, candidates can be appointed to various posts within the organization. These posts include:
- Assistant Manager: As an Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for tasks such as credit analysis, project appraisal, risk management, marketing, coordination with stakeholders, and implementation of schemes for MSMEs.
- Manager: In the role of a Manager, you will oversee functions like credit management, portfolio management, policy formulation, business development, strategic planning, and other managerial responsibilities within the organization.
- Risk Manager: As a Risk Manager, your primary responsibility will be to assess and manage risks associated with the bank’s operations, loan portfolios, investments, and financial activities. This involves developing risk management strategies, conducting risk assessments, and implementing risk mitigation measures.
- Financial Analyst: In the role of a Financial Analyst, you will analyze financial statements, conduct financial research, evaluate investment proposals, and provide financial insights and recommendations to support decision-making processes.
- Relationship Manager: As a Relationship Manager, you will focus on building and maintaining relationships with MSME clients. This involves understanding their financial needs, providing guidance, facilitating loan disbursements, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
It is important to note that the specific post and associated responsibilities will be communicated to the candidates upon selection. The exact nature of the role and its responsibilities may vary based on the position, department, and organizational requirements within SIDBI.
The starting salary of SIDBI
The salary of a SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) officer after the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission can vary based on the officer’s position, level, and experience. However, the Basic salary of SIDBI officers after the 7th Pay Commission is ₹28,150 – ₹70000. The salary structure for SIDBI officers includes basic pay, allowances, and benefits.
Please note that the salary figures are approximate and can vary based on various factors such as location, allowances, and other benefits. The salary structure may also be subject to revision by SIDBI or as per government guidelines.
Career growth in SIDBI exam
Career growth in SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) offers opportunities for professional advancement and development. Here is some information about career growth in SIDBI:
- Promotions: SIDBI provides opportunities for internal promotions based on performance, experience, and eligibility criteria. Employees can progress through various levels within their respective job profiles, such as Assistant Manager, Manager, Chief Manager, Deputy General Manager, General Manager, and beyond.
- Training and Development: SIDBI emphasizes the professional growth of its employees through training and development programs. These programs aim to enhance skills, knowledge, and leadership capabilities, preparing employees for higher responsibilities and career advancement.
- Job Rotation: SIDBI encourages job rotation, allowing employees to gain exposure to different departments and functions within the organization. This helps broaden their skill set and understanding of the bank’s operations, contributing to their overall career growth.
- Performance-based Appraisals: Performance-based appraisals are conducted periodically to assess employee performance and potential. Based on the evaluation, employees may be eligible for salary increments, promotions, or additional responsibilities.
- Internal Job Postings: SIDBI provides opportunities for employees to apply for internal job postings. This allows them to explore different roles and departments within the organization, facilitating career growth and diversification of their skill sets.
- Higher Designations and Leadership Roles: With experience, expertise, and demonstrated leadership capabilities, employees in SIDBI can aspire to hold higher designations and leadership roles within the bank. These positions involve greater responsibility and influence in shaping the organization’s strategies and initiatives.
It is important to note that the specific career growth path may vary based on individual performance, qualifications, and organizational requirements. SIDBI provides a supportive environment for career growth, and employees are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunities available to advance their careers within the organization.
Selection Process For SIDBI Examination 2024
The selection procedure for the SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) exam typically includes the following stages:
- Online Preliminary Examination: Candidates take an online exam with objective-type questions to assess their knowledge, reasoning, quantitative aptitude, English language, and general awareness skills.
- Online Main Examination: Qualified candidates from the preliminary exam move on to the online main examination, which is more comprehensive and covers areas like reasoning, quantitative aptitude, English language, and professional knowledge.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview: Shortlisted candidates participate in a group discussion and personal interview to evaluate their communication skills, leadership qualities, subject knowledge, and suitability for the position.
1. Online Preliminary Examination
The online preliminary examination in the SIDBI exam is the initial stage of the selection process. It is conducted online and consists of multiple-choice questions. The exam typically includes sections on English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, and General Awareness. The full mark in the online preliminary examination in SIDBI exam is 200.
2. Online Main Examination
The online Main examination in the SIDBI exam is the second stage of the selection process. It is conducted online and includes both objective and descriptive questions. The exam covers subjects such as Reasoning, Data Analysis and Interpretation, General Awareness, English Language, and Professional Knowledge.
3. Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Group Discussion and Personal Interviews are the final stages of the selection process for the SIDBI exam. Here is a description of these stages:
- Group Discussion (GD): Group Discussion involves a group of candidates discussing a given topic or case study. It assesses candidates’ communication skills, leadership qualities, and ability to work in a team. Participants are evaluated based on their knowledge, clarity of thought, and the ability to present their views effectively.
- Personal Interview (PI): The Personal Interview is a one-on-one interaction between the candidate and the interview panel. It aims to evaluate candidates’ personality traits, communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and domain knowledge. Questions can range from personal background to work experience and general awareness.
Please note that the specific details, criteria, and weightage assigned to Group Discussion and Personal Interviews may vary for each SIDBI exam.
Exam pattern of SIDBI Exam
|Paper||No of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||2 Hours|
The exam typically includes sections on English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, and General Awareness. The full mark in the online preliminary examination in SIDBI exam is 200 and the number of questions is 160.
|Paper||No of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Comprising two essays on Economic/financial/ Banking |
and Social issues in India and one Business letter writing.
Below are some of the details for SIDBI Exam:
- No. of Questions- 3
- Two essays of 20 marks each
- One Letter of 10 marks each
Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) are crucial stages in the SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) exam selection process. GD involves a group of candidates discussing a given topic to assess their communication skills, teamwork, and problem-solving abilities. Candidates are evaluated based on their ability to express ideas, listen to others, and contribute constructively to the discussion. In the PI round, candidates face one-on-one interviews with a panel of interviewers who assess their personality traits, knowledge, confidence, and suitability for the job. The interview may include questions about the candidate’s background, experience, technical skills, and general awareness.
Preparation strategy for SIDBI exam
Preparing for the SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) exam requires a well-planned strategy. Here are some key steps to help you in your preparation:
- Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern, marking scheme, and syllabus. Analyze previous year’s question papers to get an idea of the types of questions asked.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that covers all the subjects/topics included in the syllabus. Allocate sufficient time for each subject and create a realistic timetable to ensure consistent and disciplined study.
- Study Material: Gather the relevant study materials, including textbooks, reference books, online resources, and mock test papers. Ensure you have access to updated and reliable study material.
- Focus on Core Subjects: Pay special attention to core subjects like Reasoning Ability, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, and Professional Knowledge (specific to the job profile). Build a strong foundation in these areas by practicing and understanding the concepts thoroughly.
- Practice Mock Tests: Regularly take mock tests and practice the previous year’s question papers to improve your time management and problem-solving skills. Analyze your performance, identify areas of weakness, and work on improving them.
- Enhance Communication Skills: As GD and PI are part of the selection process, work on improving your communication skills, both verbal and written. Engage in group discussions with friends or join coaching institutes that offer GD and PI practice sessions.
- Stay Updated with Current Affairs: Stay abreast of current affairs, especially related to banking, finance, economics, and business. Read newspapers, magazines, and online sources regularly to stay informed.
- Revision and Time Management: Allocate dedicated time for revision to consolidate your learning. Effective time management is crucial during the exam, so practice solving questions within the allotted time frame.
- Stay Motivated and Stay Healthy: Maintain a positive attitude, stay motivated, and believe in your abilities. Take regular breaks, exercise, and maintain a healthy lifestyle to keep your mind and body in good shape.
- Seek Guidance: If needed, seek guidance from experienced professionals or join coaching institutes that offer specialized preparation courses for the SIDBI exam.
Remember that every individual’s preparation strategy may differ based on their strengths, weaknesses, and learning preferences. Customize your preparation plan according to your needs and keep evaluating your progress regularly.
Best Books for SIDBI
While the choice of books may vary based on personal preferences and the specific job profile you are applying for in the SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) exam, here are some commonly recommended books that can help you in your preparation:
- “Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations” by R.S. Aggarwal
- “A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning” by R.S. Aggarwal
- “Objective English” by S.P. Bakshi
- “Banking Awareness” by Arihant Experts
- “General Awareness” by Manohar Pandey
- “Banking and Financial Awareness” by I. K. Pavel
- “Professional Knowledge for IBPS/SBI Specialist IT Officer Exam” by Disha Experts
- “Data Interpretation” by Arun Sharma
- “English Grammar in Use” by Raymond Murphy
- “High School English Grammar and Composition” by Wren and Martin
Please note that the aforementioned list is not exhaustive, and there may be other books available in the market that can be helpful for the SIDBI exam preparation. It’s important to choose the right study material based on your strengths and weaknesses and to focus on developing a clear understanding of concepts.
Test series for SIDBI exam
Nishant eAcademy offers a comprehensive test series for the SIDBI Examination that can help you evaluate your preparation and identify your strengths and weaknesses. The test series is designed by experts and covers all the important topics and subjects of the SIDBI syllabus. The tests are structured to mimic the actual exam pattern, and taking them can help you build exam temperament and manage time effectively. The test series is available online, and you can take the tests from the comfort of your home. The detailed performance analysis and feedback provided after each test can help you improve your performance and increase your chances of success in the SIDBI Exam. I highly recommend Nishant eAcademy Test Series for the SIDBI Exam to all aspirants who are serious about cracking the exam.
Duration of Preparation for the SIDBI Exam
The duration of preparation for the SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) exam can vary depending on factors such as prior knowledge, available study time, and the complexity of the exam. However, it is generally recommended to allocate a minimum of three to six months for comprehensive preparation. During this time, you can follow a structured study plan, cover all the exam subjects, practice with mock tests, and revise the material thoroughly. Remember, the actual duration needed may vary for each individual based on their circumstances and level of preparedness.
Result of SIDBI
The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) generally notifies their results within 3 months of the completion of the examination. The results are usually announced on the SIDBI website and are also sent to the candidates by email. In the case of the SIDBI Grade A 2023 exam, the results were announced on March 17, 2023, within 2 months of the completion of the examination. The results were available on the SIDBI website and were also sent to the candidates by email. You can check the SIDBI website for the latest updates on the notification of results.
Download SIDBI Previous Year Solved Question Paper
FAQs – SIDBI Exam
How to prepare for the SIDBI exam without coaching?
Preparing for the SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) exam without coaching is entirely feasible with the right approach and dedication. Here are some tips to help you prepare effectively:
1. Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern, marking scheme, and syllabus. Obtain the official exam notification or visit the SIDBI website to gather accurate information about the subjects, topics, and structure of the exam.
2. Create a Study Plan: Develop a comprehensive study plan that covers all the subjects and topics included in the exam syllabus. Allocate sufficient time for each subject and topic, ensuring a balanced and structured approach to your preparation.
3. Gather Study Material: Collect reliable study material, including textbooks, reference books, online resources, and previous year’s question papers. Ensure that the resources you use are relevant, up-to-date, and aligned with the exam syllabus.
4. Online Resources: Utilize various online resources available for free, such as educational websites, video tutorials, online lectures, and mock tests. These resources can provide valuable study materials, practice questions, and help you understand complex concepts.
5. Self-Study and Concept Clarity: Focus on self-study and develop a strong foundation in each subject. Understand the concepts thoroughly, practice with relevant examples and exercises, and solve previous year’s question papers to gain familiarity with the exam pattern.
6. Practice Mock Tests: Take advantage of mock tests and online practice papers to assess your progress, improve time management skills, and gain confidence in tackling exam-like scenarios. Analyze your performance, identify weak areas, and work on improving them.
7. Current Affairs: Stay updated with current affairs, especially those related to banking, finance, economics, and business. Read newspapers, and magazines, and follow reliable news sources to enhance your knowledge in these areas.
8. Group Study and Discussion: Form study groups with like-minded individuals preparing for the same exam. Engage in group discussions, share knowledge, and clarify doubts. Collaborative study can provide different perspectives and enhance understanding.
9. Time Management and Discipline: Create a study timetable and stick to it consistently. Manage your time effectively, and allocate dedicated hours for study, revision, and practice. Stay disciplined and maintain a regular study routine.
10. Stay Motivated and Take Breaks: Maintain a positive mindset, stay motivated, and reward yourself for achieving your study goals. Take regular breaks, engage in activities you enjoy, and prioritize self-care to avoid burnout.
Remember, self-study requires commitment, discipline, and perseverance. Stay focused, utilize available resources, and maintain a structured approach to maximize your preparation for the SIDBI exam.
How to start SIDBI preparation?
To start your preparation for the SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) exam, follow these steps:
1. Start with the Basics: Begin by focusing on building a strong foundation in the core subjects such as Reasoning Ability, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, and Professional Knowledge (specific to the job profile). Understand the basic concepts and principles before moving on to advanced topics.
2. Practice Previous Year Question Papers: Solve the previous year’s question papers to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern, question types, and difficulty level. This will help you identify important topics, improve time management, and gain confidence in tackling the exam.
3. Develop Time Management Skills: Time management is crucial during the exam. Practice solving questions within the allotted time frame. Create a timed study schedule and practice mock tests to improve your speed and accuracy.
4. Stay Updated with Current Affairs: Stay abreast of current affairs, especially related to banking, finance, economics, and business. Read newspapers, magazines, follow reliable news sources, and make notes to enhance your knowledge in these areas.
5. Practice Mock Tests and Online Resources: Utilize online resources, including mock tests, practice papers, and educational websites. These resources provide additional study material, sample questions, and simulated exam environments for practice.
6. Revision and Analysis: Regularly revise the topics you have covered to reinforce your understanding. Analyze your performance in mock tests, identify areas of weakness, and work on improving them through targeted practice and study.
7. Stay Motivated and Maintain Discipline: Maintain a positive attitude, stay motivated, and believe in your abilities. Set achievable goals, track your progress, and reward yourself for meeting milestones. Maintain discipline, follow your study plan consistently, and avoid procrastination.
Remember, starting early and maintaining a consistent study routine will give you ample time to cover the syllabus and revise effectively. Stay focused, manage your time well, and make the most of the available study resources to excel in the SIDBI exam.