Best Social Security of India Notes for UPSC EPFO, EO-AO, APFC and ALC Exams – Social Security is a social insurance program that provides benefits to eligible individuals and their families. It was created in the United States in 1935 as a response to the economic hardships faced by elderly, disabled, and unemployed individuals during the Great Depression.
Table of Contents
Clear Your Concepts
Social Security provides retirement, disability, survivor, and family benefits to eligible individuals. These benefits are funded through payroll taxes paid by workers and their employers, as well as self-employed individuals.
|Industrial Relations and Labour Laws PDF Download Link||CLICK HERE|
|Social Security in India PDF Download Link||CLICK HERE|
|General Accounting Principle PDF download link||CLICK HERE|
|Indian Freedom Struggle PDF download Link||CLICK HERE|
|Economics PDF Download Link||CLICK HERE|
|Insurance PDF Download Link||CLICK HERE|
|Globalisation & Development Notes||CLICK HERE|
In order to be eligible for Social Security benefits, individuals must have earned sufficient credits through paying Social Security taxes over their working lives. The amount of benefits received is based on a formula that takes into account an individual’s earnings history and the age at which they begin receiving benefits.
Social Security is a vital program that provides financial security for millions of Americans and is often considered one of the most successful government programs in history.
Social Security of India Notes for EPFO
- Introduction, Concept & History
- International Concept & Convention
- Social Security in India & Constitutional Provisions
- Coverage under Social-Security
- Indian Organisations & Institutions for Social Security
- Code on Social Security
- The Employees’ Compensation Act 1923
- Payment of Gratuity Act 1972
- The Employees’ State Insurance Act 1948
- Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act 1952
- Maternity Benefits Act 1961
Buy Complete Notes
Social Security of India
👉 With 2023-24 Updated Social Security Scheme 👈
What is Social Security of India Notes?
Social Security of India Notes are a set of study materials that cover the various aspects of social security in India. These notes provide an overview of the social security system in India, including the various schemes and programs that have been put in place to provide social security to different sections of society.
The notes cover topics such as the National Social Assistance Programme, the National Health Protection Scheme, the National Pension Scheme, and various other social security programs that are administered by the government of India. These notes are designed to help students, researchers, and practitioners in the field of social security understand the various aspects of social security in India, including the legal framework, policies, and regulations that govern the social security system in the country.
Social Security of India Notes PDF Download link
There are a few steps to download the pdf –
- STEP 1 – Click on the Ads below
- STEP 2 – You will redirect to the Ads Hosting Site
- STEP 3 – Back to this site
- STEP 4 – The download link will get activated.
|Social Security in India Notes||Industrial Relations & Labour Laws Notes|
|Insurance Notes||General Accounting Principle Notes|
|Science Notes||Polity Notes|
|Economics Notes||History Notes|
Importance of Social Security of India Notes
Social security is of immense importance in India due to various reasons:
- Poverty Reduction: India has a large population living below the poverty line. Social security schemes like National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) and Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) provide financial assistance to the poor and the marginalized sections of society, thus reducing poverty.
- Retirement Security: The majority of the Indian population is engaged in the unorganized sector, where they lack access to retirement benefits. Social security schemes like Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF), National Pension System (NPS), and Atal Pension Yojana (APY) ensure retirement security for employees.
- Health Security: India has a large population that lacks access to basic healthcare facilities. Social security schemes like Ayushman Bharat Yojana provide financial assistance to families for hospitalization expenses, thus ensuring health security for the poor and the marginalized sections of society.
- Employment Generation: Social security schemes like MGNREGA provide employment opportunities to rural households, thus generating employment and contributing to rural development.
- Economic Growth: Social security schemes help in reducing poverty and unemployment, which, in turn, helps in economic growth by increasing the purchasing power of the population and creating demand for goods and services.
In conclusion, Social Security of India Notes is crucial for the overall development and well-being of society in India. It ensures that the basic needs of the population are met, and that they have access to basic healthcare facilities, education, and employment opportunities. Social security schemes play a vital role in reducing poverty, promoting economic growth, and creating a more inclusive society.
Have You Downloaded Our App?
Get Courses & Test-series at Affordable Prices
FAQs on Social Security of India
Why is social security of India notes important for civil service aspirants?
Social Security of India Notes is important for civil service aspirants for several reasons:
1. Understanding the social welfare system: The civil service examination tests the knowledge of aspirants on a wide range of topics, including social welfare policies and programs in India. Social Security of India Notes provides a comprehensive overview of the various social welfare programs and initiatives implemented by the Indian government, which is essential for aspirants to understand the functioning of the social security system in India.
2. Stay up-to-date with the latest policies: The government keeps introducing new policies, programs and schemes from time to time to strengthen the social security system in India. Aspirants preparing for civil services need to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in this field. Social Security of India Notes provides the latest information about the various social welfare policies and initiatives implemented by the Indian government.
3. Answering questions in the examination: The civil service examination often includes questions related to social welfare policies and programs in India. Social Security of India Notes can help aspirants answer these questions more effectively by providing them with the necessary information and understanding of the social security system in India.
4. Analyzing the impact of social welfare policies: The civil service examination not only tests the aspirants’ knowledge but also their analytical skills. Social Security of India Notes can help aspirants analyze the impact of various social welfare policies and programs in India, which is an essential skill for a civil servant.
Overall, social security of India notes is important for civil service aspirants as it helps them understand the social welfare system in India, stay up-to-date with the latest policies, answer questions in the examination, and analyze the impact of social welfare policies.