In this post, we are providing the best and most important Sports Current Affairs 2022 Questions and Answers. All questions with detailed explanations are very helpful for UPSC CSE Prelims, SSC CGL, FCI Manager and Executive, CDS, NDA, UGC NET, GD constable, Haryana subordinate, UPSSSC, States pcs, BPSC, RPSC, KPSC, and other State and Central government exams as well as for all competitive exams.
Sports Current Affairs 2022 important topics
- International sports news 2022
- National sports news 2022
- all National games 2022
- sports events and retirement of players
- Asian airgun championship
- Wimbledon Cups 2022
- Olympics 2022
Sports Current Affairs 2022 PDF free download
Features of Sports Current Affairs 2022 PDF are – 1. Exam-oriented sports current affairs 2022 MCQs 2. Detailed explanations 3. best for all types of competitive exams 4. covering all months’ sports current affairs 5. Total Questions 100 6. Total number of pages 72
2022 Best Sports Current Affairs MCQs
With Detailed Explanations
Sports Current Affairs 2022 Questions and Answers – PART 1
Sports Current Affairs Question – 1
The ICC T20 Men’s Final Cricket World Cup was played between which two teams on November 14, 2021?
a) Australia and Sri Lanka
b) New Zealand and Sri Lanka
c) New Zealand and Australia
d) India and Australia
Sports Current Affairs Answers – 1
The correct answer is Option c – New Zealand and Australia
- The final of the ICC T20 Men’s Cricket World Cup was played on November 14, 2021, at Dubai International Stadium, Dubai-Between Australia and New Zealand.
- New Zealand set a target of 173 runs in front of Australia to win their maiden T20 World title.
- Australia chased down the target smoothly with the brilliant innings of David Warner (53 runs) and Mitchell Marsh (77 runs).
- Australia beat New Zealand by 8 wickets with 7 balls to spare to win their maiden ICC T20 Men’s World Cup title.
- The Seventh ICC T20 Men’s World Cup was successfully organized from October 17 to November 14, 2021, in Oman and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- A total of 12 teams were divided into two groups – England, Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies, and Bangladesh in Group A, while Pakistan, New Zealand, India, Afghanistan, Namibia, and Scotland-Field were in Group B.
- Aaron Finch was the captain of Australia while Kane Williamson
- Leading the New Zealand team as captain.
- Australian opener David Warner won the Man of the Tournament award in the ICC T20 Men’s World Cup 2021.
Sports Current Affairs Question – 2
Who was appointed as the head coach of the Indian men’s cricket team?
a) Ravi Shastri
b) Rahul Dravid
c) Kapil Dev
d) Anil Kumble
Sports Current Affairs Answers – 2
The correct answer is Option b – Rahul Dravid
- Former Indian cricket team captain and great cricketer Rahul Dravid was appointed the head coach of the Indian men’s cricket team.
- He will replace Ravi Shastri, whose tenure ended after the ICC T20 World Cup.
- Prior to his appointment to the senior men’s national team, Dravid was the head of cricket at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) and the head coach of the India Under-19 and India A teams.
- Under his tutelage, the Under-19 team finished runners-up in the 2016 Under-19 Cricket World Cup and won the 2018 Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
Sports Current Affairs Question – 3
Which of these great batsmen announced his retirement from all forms of cricket in December 2021?
a) MS Dhoni
b) AB De Villiers
c) Shahid Afridi
d) Kumar Sangakkara
Sports Current Affairs Answers – 3
The correct answer is Option b – AB De Villiers
- Former South African skipper and great batsman AB De Villiers in December 2021 announced their retirement from all forms of cricket ending a 17-year-long illustrious career.
- He is known for his fiery and splendid batting skills, he is popularly known as Mr. 360 degree.
- He played 114 Tests, 228 ODIs, and 78 T20 Internationals.
- The star batsman from South Africa, who started his IPL career in 2011, has enjoyed 10 seasons in a crucial role.
- De Villiers’ announcement means he has effectively ended his association with IPL franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB).
- De Villiers is the second-highest run-scorer for RCB after Virat Kohli.
- AB de Villiers has played 156 matches for RCB and scored 4,491runs.
- He retired from international cricket in 2018.
Sports Current Affairs Question – 4
Who won the Tata Steel Chess India 2021 Rapid title?
a) Parimarjan Negi
b) Gukesh D
c) Arjun Erigaisi
d) Nihal Sarin
Sports Current Affairs Answers – 4
The correct answer is Option c – Arjun Erigaisi
- Indian Grandmaster Arjun Arigasi defeated top-seeded Armenian GM Levon Aronian to become the champion of the Tata Steel Chess 2021 rapid event.
- The championship was held in Kolkata.
- Arjun topped the points table with 6 5 out of a possible 9.
- He became the first Indian to win the Tata Steel Chess Rapid title.
- Arjun defeated GM Sam Shankland, GM Karthikeyan Murali, GM Param Maghsoodlu, GM Le Quang Lim, and IM R Vaishali to win the title.
- Armenian GM Levon Aronian defeated Arjun Arigasi in the Armage-Dawn playoff to win the Tata Steel Chess India 2021 Blitz title, in Kolkata on November 21, 2021.
Sports Current Affairs Question – 5
Who won the Brazilian Grand Prix 2021?
a) Lewis Hamilton
b) Max Verstappen
c) Arjun Erigaisi
d) Fernando Alonso
Sports Current Affairs Answers – 5
The correct answer is Option a – Lewis Hamilton
- Seven-time Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton of the Mercedes team won the Brazilian Grand Prix, also known as the So Paulo Grand Prix 2021.
- At the Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace in Sao Paulo, Brazil, he completed the fastest race in 01 hour, 32 minutes, and 22.851 seconds.
- Red Bull’s Verstappen finished second with a time of 10.496 seconds behind Hamilton.
- Lewis Hamilton also won the Qatar Grand Prix 2021.
- Max Verstappen wins the 2021 Mexican Grand Prix.
Sports Current Affairs Questions and Answers – February 2022
Sports Current Affairs Question – 6
Who won the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021 by defeating Tamil Nadu?
b) Himachal Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
Sports Current Affairs Answers – 6
The correct answer is Option b – Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh won their maiden Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021 by defeating Tamil Nadu by 11 runs by VJD method in the final at Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur on December 26, 2021.
- Batting first, Tamil Nadu scored 314 runs in the final.
- Himachal Pradesh, playing their first Vijay Hazare final, responded brilliantly, chasing a tight target of 315 runs.
- Rishi Dhawan was the captain of Himachal Pradesh while Dinesh Karthik led the Tamil Nadu team as the captain.
- Vijay Hazare is the annual one-day cricket tournament of domestic Indian cricket.
- The first edition of the Vijay Hazare tournament was held in 2002–03.
- It is named after the legendary Indian cricketer Vijay Hazare.
Sports Current Affairs Question – 7
India won the Under-19 Asia Cup Cricket Crown by defeating whom?
a) Sri Lanka
c) South Africa
Sports Current Affairs Answers – 7
The correct answer is Option a – Sri Lanka
- India won their eighth title by defeating Sri Lanka by 9 wickets in the final of the Under-19 Men’s Division Asia Cup Cricket Championship 2021.
- The final match was held on 31 December 2021 at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
- Yash Dhull was the captain of the Indian side.
- The Under-19 Asia Cup is a cricket tournament organized by the Asia Cricket Council (ACC) for the under-19 teams of its member countries.
- It was first held in 1989 in Bangladesh where India won the tournament.
- The second edition was played 14 years later in 2003 in Pakistan where India retained their title.
- The 10th edition will be organized in 2023.
Sports Current Affairs Question – 8
Who became the third bowler to take all 10 wickets in test innings?
a) Ejaz Patel
b) Shaheen Afridi
c) Pat Cummins
d) Jasprit Bumrah
Sports Current Affairs Answers – 8
The correct answer is Option a – Ejaz Patel
- New Zealand left-arm spinner Ejaz Patel created history in Test cricket by taking all 10 wickets in a Test innings in India’s first innings of the 2nd India-New Zealand Test at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on December 2021.
- Ejaz became the third bowler to take all 10 wickets in a Test innings
- Earlier this feat was achieved by Jim Laker of England and former Indian captain Anil Kumble.
Sports Current Affairs Question – 9
Which country won the Asian Men’s Champions Hockey Crown 2021?
a) Sri Lanka
c) South Korea
Sports Current Affairs Answers – 9
The correct answer is Option c – South Korea
- South Korea won the Asian Men’s Champions Hockey title 2021 as it defeated Asian Games champions Japan 4-2 in a penalty shoot-out.
- The final match was held on December 2021 at the Maulana Bhasani Hockey Stadium in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- India won the bronze medal of the tournament by defeating Pakistan 4–3 in the match for third place in the tournament.
- Host Bangladesh finished fifth in the competition.
Sports Current Affairs Question – 10
Who won the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021?
a) Max Verstappen
b) Lewis Hamilton
c) Sebastian Vettel
d) Daniel Ricciardo
Sports Current Affairs Answers – 10
The correct answer is Option b – Lewis Hamilton
- Mercedes’ star F1 driver Lewis Hamilton emerges as the winner of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021 in Jeddah on December 2021.
- Max Verstappen of the Red Bull team finished second while Valtteri Bottas of Mercedes ended the race in the third position.
- It was the inaugural edition of the Formula One race in Saudi Arabia.
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen wins the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021 at the Yas Marina Circuit on December 2021, in Abu Dhabi.
- Lewis Hamilton won the Qatar Grand Prix 2021.
- Max Verstappen wins the 2021 Mexican Grand Prix.