FSSAI Role Function and Initiative – is the most important topic as per FSSAI Exam 2021 syllabus. in this post, I am providing “A General Understanding of FSSAI Role, Functions and Initiatives” detailed Notes and this is the Next chapter – Structure of FSSAI.
- Genesis and Evolution
- Food Safety and Standard Bill 2005
- Food Safety and Standard Act 2006
- Parts of FSS Act 2006
Introduction of FSSAI
When we talk about the structure of FSSAI – it means the governing structure of the Food Authority. The Food Authority has three important areas of work – 1. Food Safety 2. Defining Food Standards and 3. Compliance and Inspections of policies and Rules & Regulations.
Food Safety is a combined task for both central food authority and State Food safety Authority (or called Food Safety or Food safety enforcement body). While defining Food standards and compliance and inspections are done by Central Food Authority (Also called Food Authority).
So, for all functions to become effective at each corner of India, the food authority is constituted with the Scientific Committee, Scientific panels, Central advisory committee, and State food safety authority.
- 1 chairperson and 22 members
- 1/3rd of 22 members is reserved for women
- Present chairperson – Ms Rita Teotia
- Present CEO – Shri Arun Singhal
- First Chairperson – P I Suvrathan
- Scientific committee comprises chairpersons of Scientific Panels and Six independent scientific experts.
- it provides opinions on cross industry and sectoral issues and covers areas which are unique and not covered within the competence of the scientific panels.
- It provides their expert advice on specific fields such as biological hazards, contaminants, food testing, sampling, water, meat, dairy, cereals, oil etc.
Scientific Panel on-
- Food additives, Flavorings, Processing aids and Materials in contact with food
- Pesticides Residues
- Genetically Modified Organisms and Foods
- Functional foods, Nutraceuticals, Dietetic Products and Other similar products
- Contaminants in the Food Chain
- Biological Hazards
- Labelling and claims/Advertisements
- Method of Sampling and Analysis
- Fish and Fisheries Products
- Milk & Milk Products
- Meat & Meat Products, including poultry
- Cereals, Pulses & Legume and their products (including Bakery)
- Fruits & Vegetables and their products (including dried fruits and nuts salt, spices and condiments)
- Oils & Fats
- Sweets, Confectionery, Sweeteners Sugar & Honey
- Water (including flavoured water) & Beverages (alcoholic non-alcoholic)
- Nutrition and Fortification
- Antibiotic Residues
- Spices and Culinary Herbs
- Panel on Packaging
- Panel on Alcoholic Beverages
Food Safety Authorities in State/UTs
States/UTs conduct food safety enforcement at the field level. The responsibility of compliance with food standards as per the food safety and standards act 2006 and rules and regulations framed thereunder rests primarily with the states and UT governments. The States/UTs are responsible for the creation and filling up of necessary posts required for this purpose.
The framework for food safety enforcement machinery provided under the food safety and standards act 2006 and Rules and regulations has the following officers –
- Commissioner of food safety
- Designated officers
- Food Safety officers
- Adjudicating officer
- Food analyst
FSSAI Role Function and Initiatives Premium Course
FREE Notes are always awesome. Good Notes really help students to boost their preparation. Though Premium Courses are more relevant, time saver, and designed in such a way that you can crack your exam with ease and confidence.
- Chapter-Wise Video Classes, Practice Tests and PDF-Notes
- Previous year questions
- Doubt Batch
- 100% Exam-Oriented
- Price –
- Get this Course in only ₹380 – use COUPON CODE: FSSAI2021
FSSAI Role Function and Initiatives complete notes
This book contains all the topics mentioned in FSSAI EXAM 2021 and is 100% Exam oriented. After Payment, please check your registered mail for receipt. After 60 minutes of payment, you will get the Download button in your mail to download the pdf but if you face any trouble, please contact us through our WhatsApp.