Everything About UP TGT Exam from Basics – exam pattern, syllabus, job profile, career growth, number of vacancies out, starting salary, preparation strategy, best books, courses, and test series, admit card, result, previous year cut-off analysis, and duration of preparation.
Table of Contents
UP TGT Exam Overview
|Name of Examination||UP TGT|
|Full-Form of UP TGT||Uttar Pradesh Trained Graduate Teacher|
|Exam Organised Body||UPSESSB (Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Sewa Chayan Board)|
|Salary||₹44900–₹142400 Pay Level 7, and, Grade Pay 4600|
|Vacancy Notification||Every year|
|Notification release month||March-June|
|Qualification||graduation and B.Ed|
|Age Limit||21 years-The upper age limit for the applicants is not specified.|
|Application Fee||₹750/- for GEN/OBC|
₹450/- for EWS/SC
₹250/- for ST
|Selection Process||Written Examination, Interview, Special Weightage|
Clear Your Concepts
|⟫ All Government Exams|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Notes|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Syllabus|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
About UP TGT Exam
The UP TGT (Uttar Pradesh Trained Graduate Teacher) exam is a competitive examination conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Service Selection Board (UPSESSB). It is held to select eligible candidates for the position of Trained Graduate Teachers in secondary schools across Uttar Pradesh, India. The exam assesses the knowledge and teaching abilities of candidates in their respective subjects. The selection process includes a written examination followed by a personal interview. The subjects covered in the UP TGT exam vary and can include English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Hindi, and more. Qualified candidates are then considered for teaching positions based on their performance in the exam and interview.
Vacancy Notification for UP TGT Exam
The notification for UP TGT vacancies by the UPSESSB can differ from year to year. However, the average month when UPSESS released the UP TGT notification is between March- June. However, please note that this is an average observation and may not be applicable to every year. It is always recommended to refer to official sources or the UPSESSB website for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the UP TGT exam notifications.
Number of Vacancies in UP TGT 2023
The Number of Vacancies for the UP TGT exam may differ every year. The number of vacancies for UP TGT depends on several factors like Requirement and demand, Retirement, Government policies, and others. But the average number of vacancies lies between 3500-10000. It is just an average for the most accurate information regarding this you can visit the official website of UPSESSB.
Job Profile after Selection in UP TGT exam
After the selection in the UP TGT exam, candidates are appointed as Trained Graduate Teachers in government schools and educational institutions in Uttar Pradesh. The job profile of a UP TGT typically includes the following responsibilities:
- Teaching: The primary role of a UP TGT is to teach students in their respective subjects or disciplines. They are responsible for delivering lessons, preparing and delivering lectures, conducting classroom activities, and evaluating student performance.
- Curriculum Development: TGTs may also be involved in developing and modifying the curriculum for their subjects. They may need to align their teaching methods and materials with the prescribed syllabus and educational standards.
- Lesson Planning: TGTs are responsible for creating lesson plans and instructional materials for their classes. They need to design engaging and effective lessons to ensure students’ understanding and academic growth.
- Classroom Management: Maintaining discipline and order in the classroom is an essential aspect of a UP TGT’s job. They need to create a conducive learning environment, manage student behavior, and address any disciplinary issues that may arise.
- Student Assessment: TGTs are responsible for evaluating and assessing student performance through tests, assignments, and examinations. They need to provide feedback on students’ progress, identify areas for improvement, and help students develop their skills and knowledge.
- Extracurricular Activities: TGTs may also be involved in organizing and supervising extracurricular activities such as sports events, cultural programs, field trips, or other co-curricular activities that contribute to student’s holistic development.
- Parent-Teacher Interaction: TGTs may have regular interactions with parents or guardians to discuss students’ progress, address concerns, and collaborate on improving students’ academic performance.
It’s important to note that specific duties and responsibilities may vary based on the school, subject, and grade level assigned to the UP TGT.
Best Courses & Test Series
Quality at Affordable Prices
UP TGT Post after Selection
After selection in the UP TGT (Uttar Pradesh Trained Graduate Teacher) exam, candidates are appointed as Trained Graduate Teachers in government schools and educational institutions in Uttar Pradesh. As a UP TGT, the primary responsibility is to deliver high-quality education in their respective subjects or disciplines. They are tasked with creating lesson plans, delivering engaging lectures, and assessing student performance through tests and assignments.
TGTs play a crucial role in curriculum development, aligning their teaching methods with the prescribed syllabus and educational standards. Classroom management, maintaining discipline, and addressing student behavioral issues are important aspects of the job. UP TGTs may also be involved in organizing extracurricular activities, interacting with parents, and contributing to the holistic development of students. The post of a UP TGT offers an opportunity to make a significant impact on the education and growth of students in Uttar Pradesh.
The starting salary of UP TGT
The starting salary of a UP TGT (Uttar Pradesh Trained Graduate Teacher) after the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission is between ₹44900–₹142400 and as the level of the post, grade pay, and allowances. This includes basic pay and allowances such as Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), and other applicable benefits.
It’s important to note that salary structures and allowances may be subject to change over time. For the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the starting salary of a UP TGT after the 7th Pay Commission, I recommend referring to official government notifications, circulars, or contacting the relevant authorities responsible for salary administration in Uttar Pradesh.
Career growth in UP TGT exam
The career growth opportunities for UP TGT (Uttar Pradesh Trained Graduate Teachers) are typically based on their performance, experience, and professional development. Here are some common avenues for career growth in the UP TGT exam:
- Promotion: UP TGTs can be promoted to the position of Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) based on their performance, seniority, and fulfillment of eligibility criteria. PGTs have a higher level of responsibility and often teach higher classes or specialized subjects.
- Administrative Roles: Teachers who demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and administrative capabilities may have the opportunity to take on administrative roles within the education department or school management.
- Departmental Exams: Some states or educational boards conduct departmental exams to assess the knowledge and skills of teachers. Clearing these exams can lead to career advancement and higher positions within the teaching cadre.
- Specialized Training: Teachers can undergo specialized training programs, workshops, or courses to enhance their skills and knowledge in specific areas. These additional qualifications can contribute to career growth and open up opportunities for higher positions or specialized teaching roles.
- Higher Education: Pursuing higher education such as a Master’s degree or Ph.D. can provide TGTs with opportunities to enter academia, research, or teaching positions at the college or university level.
It’s important to note that career growth opportunities may differ based on individual performance, vacancies, and government policies. The specific career growth paths for UP TGTs may be governed by the rules and regulations of the Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Service Selection Board (UPSESSB) or other relevant authorities.
Selection Process For UP TGT Examination 2023
The selection process for the UP TGT Examination 2023 will be conducted in three phases:
- Written Examination (Phase 1): The written examination is an important step of the UP TGT (Uttar Pradesh Trained Graduate Teacher) exam. The exam typically consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) or descriptive questions, depending on the specific subject.
- Interview (Phase 2): The interview stage in the UP TGT exam is conducted to assess the candidate’s teaching abilities, subject knowledge, communication skills, and overall suitability for the teaching role. Candidates who qualify in the written examination are shortlisted for the interview.
- Special Weightage (Phase 3): Special weightage refers to additional marks awarded to candidates based on certain criteria or qualifications specified by UPSESSB. The special weightage provides an opportunity for candidates with additional qualifications or experiences to earn extra marks, which can contribute to their overall score and increase their chances of selection for UP TGT positions.
1. Written Examination
The written examination in the UP TGT (Uttar Pradesh Trained Graduate Teacher) exam is 500 marks. Candidates need to achieve the minimum qualifying marks to move forward in the selection process. Negative marking is not applicable for incorrect answers. It is important for candidates to carefully read the instructions and attempt the questions accurately. Thorough preparation, understanding of the subject’s syllabus, and solving previous years’ question papers are essential for performing well in the written examination.
The interview is an important stage in the UP TGT (Uttar Pradesh Trained Graduate Teacher) exam. It assesses the candidate’s teaching abilities, subject knowledge, communication skills, and suitability for the teaching role. Candidates should prepare by reviewing their subject knowledge, understanding educational concepts, and practicing interview-style questions. Candidates should also showcase their passion for teaching and their ability to create a positive learning environment. Dressing professionally, maintaining a positive attitude, and being well-prepared can significantly contribute to performing well in the UP TGT interview.
3. Special Weightage
Special weightage in the UP TGT (Uttar Pradesh Trained Graduate Teacher) exam provides additional marks to candidates based on certain criteria specified by UPSESSB. These criteria can include possessing a higher degree, having teaching experience, holding specific certifications or qualifications, or excelling in relevant competitive exams. Special weightage provides an opportunity for candidates with additional qualifications or experiences to earn extra marks, enhancing their overall score. Candidates should carefully review the eligibility criteria and documentation requirements for claiming special weightage. Providing accurate and relevant supporting documents is important for availing the additional marks. Special weightage can positively impact the candidate’s selection chances for UP TGT positions.
Exam pattern of UP TGT
|Paper||No of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Awareness||125||500||2 Hours|
The full mark for the UP TGT exam is 500 and the number of question generally contain 125 marks. Negative marking is not applicable for incorrect answers. It is important for candidates to carefully read the instructions and attempt the questions accurately.
The interview stage in the UP TGT exam is conducted to assess the candidate’s teaching abilities, subject knowledge, and overall suitability for the teaching role. Candidates who qualify in the written examination are shortlisted for the interview. Candidates should prepare by reviewing their subject knowledge, understanding educational concepts, and practicing interview-style questions.
Special weightage refers to additional marks awarded to candidates based on certain criteria or qualifications specified by UPSESSB. Special weightage provides an opportunity for candidates with additional qualifications or experiences to earn extra marks, enhancing their overall score.
Preparation strategy for UP TGT exam
Preparing for the UP TGT (Uttar Pradesh Trained Graduate Teacher) exam requires a systematic and well-planned strategy. Here are some key points to consider in your preparation strategy:
- Understand the Syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the UP TGT exam syllabus, which specifies the subjects and topics to be covered. Break down the syllabus into manageable sections for focused preparation.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a study schedule that allows sufficient time for each subject and topic. Allocate time for revision and practice tests as well. Stick to the plan and maintain consistency in your study routine.
- Study Material: Gather quality study material, including textbooks, reference books, previous years’ question papers, and online resources. Choose reliable sources that cover the entire syllabus comprehensively.
- Practice Previous Years’ Papers: Solve previous years’ question papers to understand the exam pattern, gain familiarity with question types, and improve time management skills.
- Mock Tests and Online Quizzes: Take mock tests and online quizzes to assess your preparation level and improve your speed and accuracy. This will help you become familiar with the exam format and build confidence.
- Subject Focus: Pay extra attention to subjects or topics you find challenging. Seek clarification from teachers, join online forums or study groups, and utilize available resources to strengthen your understanding.
- Time Management: Practice time management during your preparation. Allocate time wisely to each subject and prioritize topics based on their weight and proficiency.
- Stay Updated: Keep yourself updated with current affairs, educational policies, and developments in the field of education. Stay abreast of any changes in the exam pattern or syllabus through official notifications.
- Revision: Regularly revise the topics you have studied to retain information. Make concise notes and use mnemonic techniques to aid in memorization.
- Stay Positive and Healthy: Maintain a positive mindset throughout your preparation. Take breaks, engage in physical activities, eat well, and get sufficient rest to keep your mind and body healthy.
Remember, everyone’s preparation strategy may vary, so tailor your approach based on your strengths and weaknesses. Stay focused, be consistent, and seek guidance when needed.
Best Books for UP TGT
While the choice of books for UP TGT (Uttar Pradesh Trained Graduate Teacher) exam preparation may vary based on personal preferences and subject preferences, here are some commonly recommended books that can help you in your preparation:
- “Objective General English” by S.P. Bakshi
- “High School English Grammar and Composition” by Wren and Martin
- “Word Power Made Easy” by Norman Lewis
- “Quantitative Aptitude” by R.S. Aggarwal
- “Fast Track Objective Arithmetic” by Rajesh Verma
- “Magical Book on Quicker Maths” by M. Tyra
- “NCERT Science textbooks” for the relevant classes (6th to 10th)
- “Science for TGT (Volume 1 and 2)” by R. Gupta
- Social Science:
- “NCERT Social Science textbooks” for the relevant classes (6th to 10th)
- “Social Science for TGT (Volume 1 and 2)” by R. Gupta
- General Knowledge/Current Affairs:
- “Lucent’s General Knowledge”
- “Pratiyogita Darpan” magazine
- Newspapers, magazines, and online sources for current affairs
It is important to note that the above list is indicative and you should choose books that align with the UP TGT exam syllabus and your learning style.
Test series for UP TGT exam
Nishant eAcademy offers a comprehensive test series for the UP TGT Examination that can help you evaluate your preparation and identify your strengths and weaknesses. The test series is designed by experts and covers all the important topics and subjects of the UP TGT syllabus. The tests are structured to mimic the actual exam pattern, and taking them can help you build exam temperament and manage time effectively. The test series is available online, and you can take the tests from the comfort of your home. The detailed performance analysis and feedback provided after each test can help you improve your performance and increase your chances of success in the UP TGT exam. I highly recommend Nishant eAcademy Test Series for the UP TGT exam to all aspirants who are serious about cracking the exam.
Duration of Preparation for the UP TGTExam
The duration of preparation for the UP TGT (Uttar Pradesh Trained Graduate Teacher) exam can vary depending on several factors, including the individual’s prior knowledge, study routine, availability of study time, and familiarity with the exam syllabus. It is important to note that the preparation duration can differ from person to person.
On average, candidates dedicate several months to preparing for the UP TGT exam. It is recommended to allocate a minimum of 4-6 months for focused and thorough preparation. During this time, candidates can cover the entire syllabus, revise important topics, solve practice papers, and take mock tests to assess their readiness.
The exact duration of preparation depends on factors such as the candidate’s familiarity with the subjects, study efficiency, and the amount of time they can dedicate each day to studying. It is advisable to create a study plan and adhere to a consistent study routine to make the most of the available preparation time.
Result of UP TGT
The UP TGT result notification month or date may differ every year. It depends on several factors like external and internal factors. The result of the UP TGT exam is not fixed for every year but the average month when UP TGT generally notified their result is between August-January. It is just an average for the most accurate information regarding this you can visit the official website of UPSESSB.
It’s important to note that success in the UPSC CSE depends on several factors, such as a clear understanding of concepts, consistent hard work, effective time management, and exam temperament. Therefore, it’s essential to have a strategic and holistic approach to preparation to increase your chances of success in the exam.
Download UP TGT Previous Year Solved Question Paper
To Download the file Click on the Ads Below
FAQs – UP TGT Exam
How to prepare for the UP TGT exam without coaching?
Preparing for the UP TGT exam without coaching is definitely possible with the right approach and self-discipline. Here are some tips to help you prepare effectively:
1. Understand the Syllabus: Begin by thoroughly understanding the UP TGT exam syllabus. This will give you a clear idea of the topics and subjects you need to focus on.
2. Create a Study Plan: Develop a structured study plan that allocates sufficient time to each subject. Break down the syllabus into manageable sections and create a study schedule that suits your needs and preferences.
3. Gather Study Material: Collect relevant study material such as textbooks, reference books, previous years’ question papers, and online resources. Ensure that the material is reliable and up-to-date.
4. Make Notes: While studying, make concise notes summarizing key points. This will help you revise effectively and quickly before the exam.
5. Practice Regularly: Solve sample papers and previous years’ question papers to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and gain confidence. Practice regularly to improve your speed and accuracy.
6. Utilize Online Resources: Make use of online platforms and educational websites that offer free study materials, mock tests, and quizzes. These resources can supplement your preparation and provide additional practice opportunities.
7. Join Online Study Groups: Participate in online forums or study groups where you can interact with fellow aspirants. Discussing concepts, sharing study strategies, and solving doubts together can be beneficial.
8. Time Management: Practice time management during your preparation. Set deadlines for completing topics and sections, and ensure you allocate ample time for revision.
9. Stay Updated: Stay updated with current affairs, especially in the field of education and the subject you are applying for. Read newspapers, magazines, and online articles to stay informed.
10. Take Mock Tests: Take regular mock tests to assess your progress, identify weak areas, and work on improving them. Analyze your performance and learn from your mistakes.
Remember, self-discipline, consistency, and dedication are key to succeeding in any competitive exam. With a well-planned study routine and the right resources, you can prepare effectively for the UP TGT exam without coaching.
How to start UP TGT preparation?
To start your UP TGT exam preparation, it’s essential to have a clear roadmap and an organized approach. Here are some steps to help you get started:
1. Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the UP TGT exam pattern and syllabus. Understand the subjects, topics, and marking scheme to have a clear idea of what you need to study.
2. Gather Study Materials: Collect relevant study materials such as textbooks, reference books, previous years’ question papers, and online resources. Ensure that the resources you choose are reliable and cover the entire syllabus.
3. Start with Basics: Begin your preparation by focusing on the basics of each subject. Build a strong foundation by understanding fundamental concepts and principles.
4. Make Notes: While studying, make concise notes that highlight key points and formulas. These notes will come in handy during revision and serve as quick references.
5. Practice Regularly: Solve practice questions and attempt mock tests regularly. This will help you familiarize yourself with the exam pattern, improve your problem-solving skills, and boost your confidence.
6. Time Management: Practice effective time management during your preparation. Set specific targets for completing each topic or section and ensure you allocate ample time for revision.
7. Focus on Weak Areas: Identify your weaker subjects or topics and allocate more time and effort to improve in those areas. Seek clarification for any doubts or concepts that you find challenging.
8. Seek Guidance and Assistance: If you encounter difficulties in understanding certain topics, seek guidance from teachers, subject matter experts, or online forums. Don’t hesitate to ask for help when needed.
9. Stay Updated: Stay updated with current affairs, especially related to education and the subject you are applying for. Stay informed about recent developments, changes in the syllabus (if any), and any new exam patterns.
10. Revision is Key: Regularly revise the topics you have covered to ensure better retention and understanding. Allocate dedicated time for revision in your study plan.
11. Stay Motivated and Positive: Maintain a positive mindset throughout your preparation journey. Stay motivated, believe in your abilities, and stay focused on your goals.
12. Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that suits your schedule and preferences. Break down the syllabus into smaller sections and allocate specific time for each subject. Make sure to include regular revision and practice sessions in your plan.
Remember, consistent effort and dedication are crucial for effective preparation. Customize your study plan as per your needs, follow it diligently, and stay committed.