Everything About UTET Exam from Basics – exam pattern, syllabus, job profile, career growth, number of vacancies out, starting salary, preparation strategy, best books, courses, and test series, admit card, result, previous year cut-off analysis, and duration of preparation.
Table of Contents
UTET Exam Overview
|Name of Examination||UTET|
|Full-Form of UTET||Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Exam Organised Body||Uttarakhand Board of Secondary Education (UBSE)|
|Vacancy Notification||Every year|
|Notification release month||March-June|
|Qualification||Senior Secondary and 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education|
|Application Fee||₹600/- for one paper only|
₹1000/- for both paper
|Selection Process||Application, Admit Card, Written Examination, Qualifying Criteria, and UTET Certificate|
Clear Your Concepts
|⟫ All Government Exams|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Notes|
|⟫ All Govt Exams Syllabus|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
|⟫ All Exams Calendar|
About UTET Exam
The UTET Exam, which stands for Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test, is conducted by the Uttarakhand Board of Secondary Education (UBSE). It is a state-level examination held in Uttarakhand, India, to determine the eligibility of candidates for teaching positions in primary (Class I to V) and upper primary (Class VI to VIII) schools. The exam consists of two papers: Paper-I for candidates aspiring to teach classes I to V, and Paper-II for candidates aspiring to teach classes VI to VIII. The UTET Exam evaluates the candidates’ knowledge and understanding of subjects like Child Development and Pedagogy, Mathematics, Environmental Studies, Science, Social Studies, and Language. Clearing the UTET Exam is a prerequisite for candidates seeking teaching jobs in Uttarakhand schools.
Vacancy Notification for UTET Exam
The Uttarakhand Board of Secondary Education (UBSE) generally notifies the vacancies for the Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test (UTET) at various times throughout the year. There is no fixed month for the notification of UTET vacancies, the average month when the notification comes for UTET varies between March-June. This is just an average month the exact month may differ each year.
Number of Vacancies in UTET 2023
The exact number of vacancies for UTET is not fixed for each year. The number of vacancies for the UTET is announced after the final result of the previous year’s exam is declared. The number of vacancies can also change during the course of the recruitment process due to various factors such as resignations, retirements, and other factors. The average number of vacancies can range from one thousand to ten thousand.
Job Profile after Selection in UTET Exam
After successfully qualifying in the UTET (Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test) exam, candidates become eligible to apply for various teaching positions in schools within the state of Uttarakhand.
The candidates who pass the UTET exam their job profile as follows:
- Primary Teacher (Classes I-V): Candidates who qualify for UTET can apply for the position of primary teacher in schools, teaching students from classes I to V.
- Upper Primary Teacher (Classes VI-VIII): Those who clear the UTET exam can also apply for the position of an upper primary teacher, teaching students from classes VI to VIII.
- Subject-Specific Teacher: Depending on the individual’s qualifications and subject specialization, candidates may also apply for subject-specific teaching positions such as English teacher, Mathematics teacher, Science teacher, Social Studies teacher, etc.
It’s important to note that the availability of vacancies and specific job opportunities can vary over time and depend on factors such as educational policies, government regulations, and recruitment procedures in Uttarakhand.
Best Courses & Test Series
Quality at Affordable Prices
UTET Post after Selection
After being selected in the UTET (Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test), candidates can apply for various teaching positions in schools in Uttarakhand. The positions available include Primary Teacher, Upper Primary Teacher, and subject-specific teachers such as English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, etc.
The job profile involves creating lesson plans, delivering lectures, assessing student performance, maintaining classroom discipline, and promoting overall development. Teachers are responsible for imparting knowledge, fostering a positive learning environment, and ensuring students’ academic growth and well-being.
They may also be involved in extracurricular activities, parent-teacher interactions, and administrative tasks. The specific role and responsibilities may vary based on the grade level and subject specialization.
Starting salary for UTET
After 7th Pay Commission, the starting salary for teachers in Uttarakhand UTET generally ranges between Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 35,000 per month at the primary and upper primary levels. UTET teachers will also receive benefits, such as dearness allowance, house rent allowance, and medical allowance. It’s important to note that salary structures are subject to periodic revisions and may change over time due to government policies or negotiations with teacher unions.
Career growth in UTET exam
The UTET opens up opportunities for a rewarding career in the field of teaching in Uttarakhand. While the specific career growth path may vary depending on factors such as qualifications, experience, and individual aspirations, here are some general aspects of career growth in the UTET exam:
- Promotion: Teachers who join after clearing the UTET exam can progress through promotions based on their performance, experience, and additional qualifications. They can advance from primary teacher to senior teacher, head teacher, or vice-principal positions. Promotion opportunities are typically based on vacancy availability and fulfilling the necessary criteria set by the education department.
- Specialization: Teachers can opt for subject specialization or take additional courses to enhance their skills and knowledge in specific subjects. This can open up opportunities to teach specialized subjects or become subject coordinators within schools.
- Administrative Roles: With experience and leadership skills, UTET-qualified teachers may have the chance to take on administrative roles within the education system. This could include becoming a principal, school administrator, or joining education departments at the district or state level.
- Higher Education: Some UTET-qualified teachers may choose to pursue higher education, such as a Master’s degree or Ph.D., to expand their career prospects. With advanced qualifications, they may explore opportunities in teacher education institutes, research positions, or academic roles at the college or university level.
- Government Policies: The career growth of UTET-qualified teachers can also be influenced by government policies and initiatives in the education sector. These may include opportunities for professional development, training programs, or schemes that recognize and reward excellent teachers.
Selection Process For UTET Examination 2023
Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test (UTET) is conducted by the Uttarakhand Board of Secondary Education (UBSE) to determine the eligibility of candidates for teaching positions in the state of Uttarakhand, India. The selection process for the UTET examination involves the following steps:
- Application: Candidates need to submit their applications for the UTET examination within the specified time frame. The application form is usually available online on the official website of the UBSE or through designated channels.
- Admit Card: After the completion of the application process, eligible candidates receive their admit cards. The admit card serves as a hall ticket and contains essential information such as the examination date, time, and venue.
- Written Examination: The UTET examination is divided into two papers: Paper-I and Paper-II. Paper-I is for candidates aspiring to teach classes I to V (primary level). Paper-II is for candidates aspiring to teach classes VI to VIII (upper primary level). Candidates can choose to appear for either one or both papers, depending on their desired teaching level.
- Qualifying Criteria: To be considered eligible for the UTET certificate, candidates need to secure the minimum qualifying marks as specified by the UBSE. The qualifying criteria may vary for different categories (General/OBC/SC/ST) and can be subject to change as per the board’s regulations.
- UTET Certificate: Candidates who meet the qualifying criteria and successfully pass the UTET examination receive the UTET certificate. This certificate is valid for a specified period and serves as proof of the candidate’s eligibility to apply for teaching positions in Uttarakhand.
It’s important to note that the selection process and eligibility criteria for the UTET examination may be subject to change. Therefore, I recommend visiting the official website of the Uttarakhand Board of School Education or contacting the relevant authorities for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the UTET selection process.
Exam pattern of UTET
For Paper I
|Paper||No of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
The duration of the exam in paper I consists 2-hour 30-minute exam with 150 multiple-choice questions. Each question is worth 1 mark, and there is no negative marking for incorrect answers. The subject contains Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics, and Environmental Studies.
For Paper II
|Paper||No of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
|Mathematics & Science and Subject concerned Pedagogy|
or Social Studies/Social Science and Subject concerned Pedagogy
Total marks for this exam is 150 each question carries 1 mark. Negative marking is not applicable and the duration of the exam is 2 hours 30 minutes.
Preparation strategy for UTET exam
Preparing for the UTET (Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test) exam requires a systematic and focused approach. Here’s a preparation strategy that can help you:
- Understand the Exam Pattern: Begin by thoroughly understanding the UTET exam pattern, including the number of sections, marks distribution, and duration. This will give you a clear idea of what to expect and how to allocate your time during the exam.
- Syllabus Analysis: Go through the official UTET syllabus and make a list of all the topics covered in each section. Categorize them based on your comfort level and the level of difficulty. This analysis will help you prioritize your study plan and allocate more time to challenging areas.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that covers all the sections and topics systematically. Allocate specific time slots for each topic based on its importance and difficulty level. Ensure you have enough time for revision and practice tests. Stick to your study plan consistently.
- Study Materials: Gather the necessary study materials, such as textbooks, reference books, previous years’ question papers, and online resources. Utilize reputable study materials specifically designed for UTET preparation. The Uttarakhand School Education Department may provide recommended textbooks or study materials that align with the exam.
- Conceptual Understanding: Focus on developing a strong conceptual understanding of the subjects. Read the topics thoroughly and clarify any doubts you have. Refer to different sources to get a well-rounded understanding of the concepts.
- Practice Previous Years Question Papers: Solving previous years’ question papers is crucial for understanding the exam pattern, identifying important topics, and improving your time management skills. It also helps you get accustomed to the type of questions asked in the UTET exam.
- Mock Tests and Sample Papers: Take regular mock tests and solve sample papers to assess your preparation level. It helps in improving your speed, accuracy, and familiarity with the exam format. Analyze your performance in these tests and identify areas that need improvement.
- Time Management: Work on improving your time management skills. Practice solving questions within the allotted time for each section. Learn to prioritize questions based on difficulty level and mark allocation to maximize your score.
- Stay Updated: Keep yourself updated with current affairs and recent developments in the field of education, especially in Uttarakhand. Stay informed about the latest educational policies, government initiatives, and updates related to the teaching profession.
- Revision and Self-Assessment: Set aside dedicated time for revision. Create concise notes or flashcards to review important concepts and formulas. Regularly assess your progress and identify areas where you need more focus.
- Seek Guidance: If you encounter any difficulties or have specific doubts, don’t hesitate to seek guidance from teachers, mentors, or fellow aspirants. Joining coaching classes or online forums dedicated to UTET preparation can provide valuable insights and support.
- Maintain a Healthy Routine: Ensure you get enough sleep, eat nutritious food, and exercise regularly. A healthy routine will help improve your concentration, memory, and overall well-being during the preparation phase.
Remember that consistent effort, perseverance, and a positive mindset are key to success in any competitive exam.
Best Books for UTET
The UTET (Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test) is an important exam for aspiring teachers in Uttarakhand, India. To help you prepare for the UTET exam, here are some books that you can consider:
- “Uttarakhand TET (UTET) Paper-I Class I-V” by Arihant Experts: This book covers the syllabus for the UTET Paper-I exam, which is for candidates aspiring to teach classes I to V.
- “Uttarakhand TET (UTET) Paper-II Class VI-VIII” by Arihant Experts: This book is specifically designed for the UTET Paper-II exam, which is for candidates aspiring to teach classes VI to VIII.
- “Child Development and Pedagogy” by Disha Experts: This book focuses on the concepts of child development and pedagogy, which are crucial topics in the UTET exam.
- “Teaching Aptitude & Attitude Test” by RPH Editorial Board: This book covers teaching aptitude and attitude-related topics, helping you develop the required skills and knowledge for the UTET exam.
- “Uttarakhand TET (UTET) Paper-I Practice Workbook” by Arihant Experts: This workbook provides ample practice questions and solved papers for the UTET Paper-I exam, helping you assess your knowledge and improve your performance.
- “Uttarakhand TET (UTET) Paper-II Practice Workbook” by Arihant Experts: Similar to the previous workbook, this one focuses on the UTET Paper-II exam, providing practice questions and solved papers for effective preparation.
It’s important to refer to the official syllabus and previous years’ question papers for a better understanding of the exam pattern and the types of questions asked.
Test series for UTET exam
Nishant eAcademy offers a comprehensive test series for the UTET Examination that can help you evaluate your preparation and identify your strengths and weaknesses. The test series is designed by experts and covers all the important topics and subjects of the UTET syllabus. The tests are structured to mimic the actual exam pattern, and taking them can help you build exam temperament and manage time effectively. The test series is available online, and you can take the tests from the comfort of your home. The detailed performance analysis and feedback provided after each test can help you improve your performance and increase your chances of success in the UTET exam. I highly recommend Nishant eAcademy Test Series for the UTET exam to all aspirants who are serious about cracking the exam.
Duration of Preparation for the UTET Exam
The duration of preparation for the UTET (Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test) exam can vary depending on several factors, including the individual‘s prior knowledge and experience in the relevant subjects, the amount of time dedicated to studying each day, and the level of commitment and focus during the preparation period.
On average, it is advisable to dedicate 3-4 months to prepare for the UTET exam effectively. This timeframe allows for comprehensive coverage of the syllabus, the practice of previous years’ question papers, and revision of key concepts. However, it’s important to note that the duration can be shorter or longer depending on the factors mentioned earlier.
During the preparation period, it is recommended to create a study schedule and allocate sufficient time to each subject and topic. This helps in maintaining a structured approach and ensuring all subjects are adequately covered. It is also beneficial to gather study materials, such as textbooks, reference books, and online resources, to supplement the preparation process.
Regular practice through mock tests and sample papers is crucial for becoming familiar with the exam pattern, improving time management skills, and identifying areas that require more attention. It is essential to maintain a disciplined study routine and stay motivated throughout the preparation period. Consistency and perseverance are key to achieving success in the UTET exam.
Result of UTET
After the UTET examination is conducted, the answer sheets of the candidates are collected and then evaluated. The evaluation process involves the checking of the answers and the calculation of scores. This process can take a considerable amount of time, depending on the number of candidates who appeared for the exam. Once the evaluation is completed, the results need to be compiled, verified, and finalized by the conducting authority.
This includes ensuring accuracy and resolving any discrepancies or issues that may arise during the result compilation process. The final results are then prepared and announced by the Uttarakhand Board of Secondary Education (UBSE) through their official website.
The entire result process, from the evaluation of answer sheets to the announcement of results, can typically take several weeks or even months, depending on the administrative procedures and the volume of candidates. It is advisable to regularly check the official UBSE website or relevant sources for updates on the UTET result.
Download UTET Previous Year Solved Question Paper
To Download the file Click on the Ads Below
FAQs – UTET Exam
What is UTET?
UTET stands for Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test. It is a state-level examination conducted in Uttarakhand, India, to determine the eligibility of candidates for teaching positions in government schools.
Who conducts the UTET exam?
The Uttarakhand Board of Secondary Education (UBSE) is responsible for conducting the UTET exam.
How can I apply for the UTET exam?
For the application process for the UTET exam candidates need to visit the official website of UBSE or the designated portal for UTET applications. They must fill out the application form, upload the necessary documents, and pay the application fee as specified. It is important to carefully follow the instructions provided in the application process.
Is there any negative marking in the UTET exam?
No, there is no provision for negative marking.
Can I apply for both Paper-I and Paper-II of the UTET exam?
Yes, eligible candidates have the option to apply for both Paper-I and Paper-II of the UTET exam if they meet the respective eligibility criteria.